4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
My wife says that sex is much better while on vacation. I guess I was just not expecting to receive that on a postcard from her.
Sorry.. that was for my FB page..

I think to get the option for the abilities you need 11. So, no 10 is not enough. It's possible to get all 3 powers by the end of this update. You just need to make sure you're at 11 or higher at the ability reveals.
Before this update my charactor abilities were 25, 12, 25 and could do whatever needed.. You just need to experiment and make sure you read the responses to get the correct one when an opportunity to upgrade presents itself.

The walkthrough is listed on the same page as the downloads for this game.

Reactions: RanchFTW

Phenik

Jan 13, 2018
I really doubt and strongly hope that MC was nobody's plan. I am super tired of stories in which everything is a damn conspiracy. Things do happen out of pure luck that end up having a huge butterfly effect. I really hope MC is just that. A mistake on Mommy that will flip the vampire world.
I agree that I like the idea of the MC being a fluke who ends up causing ripples in the vampire world, not part of some conspiracy or a "chosen one". Vampire stories that involve vampire society do need conspiracies and
It was kind of implied that the bar was basically the only joint in town open at night. Astrid would know of Sharon's hunting preferences so being in the bar would be the most logical way to get picked up, in my mind anyway. The two hunters are just useful idiots, Astrid wouldn't have dealt with them directly, this could be a plan hatched by Carmen herself.

I'm still trying to make sense of Carmen's place in the story, as zh pointed out, hunters can have some built up resistance to mind domination powers, but the story went to out of it's way to paint this group as stupid amateurs, so that explanation doesn't make sense to me.

I agree with you though, with the info we have so far, just about anything short of Carmen already being a vamp could be possible. Still fun to speculate.
Didn't some of the vampires detect thralls? If so it probably rules out Carmen being a thrall.

My theory is that Carmen is just a normal human who knew vampires existed.

Knowing vampires exist allowed her brain to not be 100% surprised and therefore her will was stronger. Sharon underestimated her and therefore didn't put as much force behind her powers, and her power is seduction based its not as strong against straight women. Add in that when she gets back to her place she sees the other "hunter" which could further help her resist and remember. We saw Mrs. Olivia remember Sharon more after the MC mentioned her name.

Add it all together and you get a reasonable way for an amateur to resist Sharon.

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
I swear, I had saved just a bit before the ending of the former update. And then I loaded the game, and it seemed so short. Finished in less than 5 minutes, without skipping 1 dialogue. But perhaps I was just high af.
no ur right its short... but not a bad update in a sense.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I swear, I had saved just a bit before the ending of the former update. And then I loaded the game, and it seemed so short. Finished in less than 5 minutes, without skipping 1 dialogue. But perhaps I was just high af.
That is very unlikely. It requires at least 650 lines (I counted them, assuming a single playthrough). With a second per line (which is a very low average estimate) that is more than 10 minutes.

Dec 28, 2019
The main reason I don't think Carmen is a thrall is because she isn't obsessed with vampire blood. A thrall would be jonesing for a fix. And if she were Astrid's thrall in particular, I doubt she'd have thrown Astrid under the bus so quickly.

As for how Carmen found out about vampires, one of the MC's visions heavily implies the man she loved was sloppily murdered by one and that's why she knows about and hates them.

It's not impossible that her missing pal Gregor is someone's thrall however.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018
It seems that we can have a good guess at the MC's path as Fabian implied that 'some elder might decide to drink you dry' ... so as to achieve a level or two lower in generation, which will raise the blood potency and hence power of the elder. Assuming that the elders are 6th or 7th generation vampires after Cain, then the MC's sire is at least a Methuselahs - 4th or 5th generation vampires after Cain - (or even rarer an Antediluvians - 3rd generation vampires after Cain); and if we gain the 'Blood of potency' power we can temporarily further reduce our generation ... the remote possibility of lowering the MC's generation to 2 or 1 can happen ... and thereby I guess a Reborn Cain ... 1598982146993.png

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018
Hi LikesBlonds (don't we all?), great story which I am thoroughly enjoying, but would politely suggest that the story consistence could be improved if you for example put some actual camera output views on the screen ... 1598990749095.png

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
So many vampire experts in this thread.
There's so much lore about vampires now, it's hard not to be. Think about how they've evolved in the last 20-25 years. You had the variations on the Dracula stories...all pretty basic. Bad vampire, spawn of Satan, immortal, needs stake through the heart, crosses, etc. The stories have evolved.

The movie Interview with the Vampire came out in 1994 (the book was published in 1976). Then you had The Southern Vampire Mysteries (published in 2001, True Blood in 2008), Underworld movies started in 2003. Twilight (novel published in 2005, first movie in 2008....blech!). Let the Right One In (2008) and the English version "Let Me In" in 2010. Only Lovers Left Alive (2013 and a great movie BTW).

The one thing all these recent movies have is more about vampire society. Vampire stories are more of a reflection on humanity. There's some nuance there but if you look deep enough you can find the societal issues that they're tackling (and the authors/directors and showrunners have admitted as much).

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
So many vampire experts in this thread.
I feel it's less on being experts and more on being fans of a massive rpg that this game seems to take a lot of inspiration from, be it from how their government works, to powers, to even having different clans to represent different entities within this society. Because of how much this game takes from that world, we have a far better idea and understanding of what's probably going on and what MC might actually be, even with the liberties and differences this game has to VtM.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I feel it's less on being experts and more on being fans of a massive rpg that this game seems to take a lot of inspiration from, be it from how their government works, to powers, to even having different clans to represent different entities within this society. Because of how much this game takes from that world, we have a far better idea and understanding of what's probably going on and what MC might actually be, even with the liberties and differences this game has to VtM.
And clutering the thread with things that so far aren't ingame. Therefore bringing the wrath of the mods again... :devilish:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
If I follow that logic, fucking Sharon, or sex as a whole subject itself, are neither in the game so far... so we cannot speak about that either?
You know quite well this is very different from pages long rants about what happens in VM... :rolleyes:

meanmanatee

Oct 20, 2017
You know quite well this is very different from pages long rants about what happens in VM... :rolleyes:
Honestly, I know nothing of VtM, had to google what it was. I enjoy people theory crafting about this game based on that one. It only becomes annoying when they talk specifically about that game and not how this one relates to VtM. Questions about what house or generation Dan is from are fun but Questions about weirdly esoteric aspects of VtM lore that don't seem to relate to the game are just clutter.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes