4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Hi Ayhsel, well a qualified 'no' really, because it seems that that so-called thin-blood vampires can get indeed pregnant and reproduce ... I guess it is down to how the dev wants to spin the story, so we will just have to wait and see...
Honestly I thought it was an interesting question and wished you would enlighten us more about the "standard lore"

A quick google search brought up this;
" In Balkans folklore, dhampirs (sometimes spelled dhampyres, dhamphirs, or dhampyrs) are creatures that are the result of a union between a vampire and a human. This union was usually between male vampires and female humans, with stories of female vampires mating with male humans being rare. "

From another perspective, I ran into a which mentions the following (from the elder scrolls lore;
"Lord Lovidicus sired a child as a vampire, which suggests that all of his reroductive organs were functioning correctly. While it's possible that a woman's womb would react differently to the disease (on earth there are disease factors that can damage a woman's ability to bear children but not a man's), I don't think its outside the realm of possibility
The main thing that I think counts against it is whether or not the embryo would then to be a vampire. If Vampirism is a species, then by Racial Phylogeny, the child would be a vampire since its mother is a vampire. More likely since we know that Vampirism is a disease, it would be passed on to the embryo. However, we know that vampires don't age or grow (Babette in Skyrim), so would a vampiric embryo be able to grow into a viable child? In my opinion it would not, and the vampire would miscarry.
If the child does not contract the disease in-utero for some reason, then the child would need a constant supply of nutrients from the mother, meaning the mother would probably have to eat something other than blood (since blood provides more of a magic sustenance than a physical one). Then the child would be born as not a vampire and can carry on its mortal life. Or, if it contracted Vampirism immediately after being born for some reason, you have an eternal and immortal newborn which is not a great prospect for anyone.
Edit: I have retracted the assertion that the mother and embryo share a circulatory system. Rather, they share nutrients across the placenta, which also can act to block certain diseases. Whether this would allow the child to remain Vampirism free is up for debate."

There is some food for thought.

on another note ;
"
Question:
Lets say both of a person's parents are vampires... would the two create a vampire offspring?

Answer:
There is some disagreement among vampire mythologies about this, but the consensus is that vampires cannot reproduce as they did when they were human. So the answer would be "no".

But here's why: Vampires are technically dead. Their bodies don't function the same as they did when they were alive, which is why they don't generate body heat and why they can't digest regular food (they absorb blood, they don't digest it). Therefore, it is reasonable to believe that this is the reason they also cannot create a child via the regular sperm/egg method. This also, though, explains why a vampire bite can turn others into a vampire.

Every species on earth has learned how to reproduce. There are even some cases of amphibious creatures literally changing sexes in order to keep the species alive. There's no doubt that vampires developed their for this same purpose.

In other words, vampires reproduce through the transfer of this bacteria, most commonly through a bite. If you think about it, this is much faster and easier than a 9-month gestation period and only takes one "living" vampire to reproduce.

That said, there is reason to believe that a vampire male may be able to reproduce old-school style with a human female. It would have to be in this combination because only a human female would be able to carry a living fetus. Most animal species, including humans, can continue to produce sperm all the way through life, and even though a vampire is technically dead, there are some still active elements...
"

Conclusion? Could go either way? :unsure:
I would give a more precise answer lore by lore, but I was punished by talking out of Rebirth in this thread. While you all know what I think about that policy, I would rather no do it again.

So, big all encompassing answer. It really depends on the setting. There are essentially 3 lores of vampirism: demonic nature, undead nature or disease. Demonic nature and disease can potentially allow for pregnancy without trouble, although there are usually some constraints, as very unlikely to happen, dangerous, mortal or things like that. And even in those settings it is usually extremely rare as a topic.
Undead nature the answer is almost unequivocally no. The reason is essentially established by "a dead body cannot give birth to life". As Rebirth seems to belong to this lore, that is why I said it kind of makes no sense with the rest of the lore.

Last edited:

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well I am not trying to get you into trouble and would argue this is on topic for Rebirth as well, understanding the lore/biology of Vampirism..

So basically in the undead nature female vampires are stuck with a body that doesn't change/ovulate have a menstrual cycle anymore. How about male vampires, the MC in this case does he shoot blanks? Or could he get a female human pregnant :unsure:
Not sure how I'd feel if the women wouldn't be swallowing gametes.
And what exactly do you differentiate with disease and undead ? Isn't that lore the same?
I get the demonic part though.

Which brings me to another question in vampire reproduction. How was MC turned? Just by a bite or was he also fed/drank her blood or was saliva enough.. And how does that play into undead/ disease lore... This is all so confusing..

Reactions: tombeir

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
So basically in the undead nature female vampires are stuck with a body that doesn't change/ovulate have a menstrual cycle anymore. How about male vampires, the MC in this case does he shoot blanks? Or could he get a female human pregnant :unsure:
And what exactly do you differentiate with disease and undead ? Isn't that lore the same?
By disease I mean that it is essentially a sickness, almost always is a virus, but I remember seeing situation in which an actual disease end up being considered the birth of the vampire myth, as having extreme iron deficiency or some crap like that.

Undead is hard to defined as it is a contradiction: an undead is a dead person that actually moves, act and live. But it is not alive. Totally no sense haha. Essentially, the clear example of an undead is a zombie. Zombies and vampires are not the same, but they are both usually considered undead.

here is more detail of undead

The term seems to come from the idea that you can be not dead without being alive.

Which brings me to another question in vampire reproduction. How was MC turned? Just by a bite or was he also fed/drank her blood or was saliva enough.. And how does that play into undead/ disease lore... This is all so confusing..
It is not shown whether it was just a bite or it was required for MC to drink her blood. In the more likely Rebirth setting, to turn a human into a vampire you draim her and in those very short seconds between dying you make her drink your blood. Just drinking blood without draining her would make her a ghoul or thrall, as Laurie. And just drinking will simply kill her.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well I am not trying to get you into trouble and would argue this is on topic for Rebirth as well, understanding the lore/biology of Vampirism..

It became confusing cause people needed to make vampires sympathetic and/or intelligent so they would make great romance interests or worthy enemies (Dracula). In older folklore they are just terrifying soulless undead (soulless is actually the defining thing if remember right) and very hungry creatures, but hell those make only generic opponents and lousy love interests. Though there was always the Lilith legend to support the more demonic base for vampirism of course. (For some reason she is my bet for the Blood Queen).

Like for Rebirth if MC only thirsted for blood there would not be much of a story or the more romantic relation with Sharon.:p So lore is very dependent on the setting and how they wanted to modernize vampires for the goal they want to use them for. So I would not be surprised for the goals of this game MC can shoot real sperm and would be able to impregnate a real female if that is where dev wants to go. Also if my guess of Lilith as the Blood Queen is true then we are talking the more demonic origin of vampires as the one for the setting.

Modern vampires are wonderfully pliable. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: tombeir and Ayhsel

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Getting hard, as official answer from the game is, if you have enough blood it is possible. To produce sperm you need a body that has more "life" in it than rather a big bag of blood.
And as I understand Rebirth and also VTM is around this explanation.
Undead is no "normal" body function, for a doc you would appear to be dead. See also what happend with the blond vampire (my mind and names:D).
Disease on the other hand, you could be to 99% human only with the plus and cons of a vampire disease on top of it. What this means for the human depends on the setting. It would also be possible to have a cure for this disease so a vampire could be turned back.
We're a undead vampire in most case couldn't be turned back.

Also for Ayhsel and all others here: Here is my safe haven;)

Reactions: tombeir and Ayhsel
Mar 28, 2018
Wow so much lore ... if you check the 127 sources on wiki regarding folklore and vampire traits in particular reproduction - 53 say a qualified yes, 42 say no and the rest do not consider the subject ... I am happy for the dev to tell their own story.....

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
By disease I mean that it is essentially a sickness, almost always is a virus, but I remember seeing situation in which an actual disease end up being considered the birth of the vampire myth, as having extreme iron deficiency or some crap like that.

Undead is hard to defined as it is a contradiction: an undead is a dead person that actually moves, act and live. But it is not alive. Totally no sense haha. Essentially, the clear example of an undead is a zombie. Zombies and vampires are not the same, but they are both usually considered undead.

here is more detail of undead

The term seems to come from the idea that you can be not dead without being alive.

It is not shown whether it was just a bite or it was required for MC to drink her blood. In the more likely Rebirth setting, to turn a human into a vampire you draim her and in those very short seconds between dying you make her drink your blood. Just drinking blood without draining her would make her a ghoul or thrall, as Laurie. And just drinking will simply kill her.
Bro MC drank from Carmen too right? So would it make her a thrall as well?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Wow so much lore ... if you check the 127 sources on wiki regarding folklore and vampire traits in particular reproduction - 53 say a qualified yes, 42 say no and the rest do not consider the subject ... I am happy for the dev to tell their own story.....
53 yes vs 42 no is way more than I would expect. Nice job! Do you know if it changes according to undead or not undead lore? Did you check reproduction itself of pregnancy?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Em I am not sure I follow the question. Subject (human or vampire under some conditions) A drinking on vampire subject B makes subject A a thrall of B. MC drunk on Carmen, which is human. No enthrallment there.

Reactions: Nulldev and tombeir

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
I hope we can choose with who.
My MC treats Laurie and Carmen well and is focused on Sharon mostly, It's too soon to bang Carmen and Laurie has the blood thing, she isn't sure about her feelings anymore, so Sharon ftw.
I think it gonna be Sharon too. The Dev has been building up to it right? And we just met Carmen.

Reactions: Ragnar
Mar 28, 2018
Hi Ayhsel, the number 52 yes that I quoted only covers the sexual fertility of vampires and does not include reproduction by bile, scratches or blood for example. In essence there are many more yes'es if these paths are included ...

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
That's not how blood bonds work in VTM lore, a vampire can't be thralled by a human, vampires can be thralled by other vampires if they drink blood from them three times.
An interesting thing is how Sharon drank MC's blood due to her injuries, that put her in the path of being MC's thrall, but later she mades the MC drink her blood without telling him about how blood blonds work among vampires.
Usually when two vampires are lovers they bond each other with a blood bond.

Reactions: Maviarab

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Prepare for a harem bath time with Merrick and Andrew!
I hope we can choose with who.
My MC treats Laurie and Carmen well and is focused on Sharon mostly, It's too soon to bang Carmen and Laurie has the blood thing, she isn't sure about her feelings anymore, so Sharon ftw.
it's too soon for Sharon due to her worldview and self restraining, but... Miri was really into the MC...

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
That's not how blood bonds work in VTM lore, a vampire can't be thralled by a human, vampires can be thralled by other vampires if they drink blood from them three times.
An interesting thing is how Sharon drank MC's blood due to her injuries, that put her in the path of being MC's thrall, but later she mades the MC drink her blood without telling him about how blood blonds work among vampires.
I remember Sharon talking about blood bonds and how she and Astrid almost thralled each other, was it before or after that scene?

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Could be, I don't remember that conversation exactly.
I remembered it wrong since she doesn't mention Astrid, she just mentions she came close to it once and it's kinda obvious who it was with, it's at the end of Episode 1. And archon wanted Sharon to become his thrall so MC knew vamps can become thralls even before he gave Sharon his blood
screenshot0001.png
screenshot0002.png

Reactions: Ragnar

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
so what happens when vampires thrall each other?

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes