4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
I know, I was asking if Sharon said something about food and drink or not because I don't remember.
in episode 1 or 2 when they are at the bar and meet Carmen Sharon talks about you can only swirl the wine in your mouth drinking it would mean you just vomit up

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

Sanctusmorti

May 25, 2018
Maybe its something as simple as the more blood you have, the more human control over your corpse you have? In some of the old VtM books the ability to eat (not digest, you still need to blow chunks later) is a merit, maybe our little Neonate had a very generous GM? <wink>

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Yeah, that is, thanks.
It's a small inconsistency or maybe something more :unsure: Honestly I was thinking he would vomit all over Miri during the sex scene :LOL:
Can you also eat something with Miri if you did not have the power? Cause I think it would be awesome that the food comes biting MC in the ass right in the fight with that ugly bitch...
in episode 1 or 2 when they are at the bar and meet Carmen Sharon talks about you can only swirl the wine in your mouth drinking it would mean you just vomit up
my theory is that the food simply accumulates inside the stomach and sooner or later the vampire has to force a vomiting fit. it kinda makes sense if one is forced to pretend to be human.

as of Miri inviting MC over... she's a single mom, probably hadn't had sex in a loooooooong time, MC is attractive, maybe she was cool with having dinner and chilling for a bit, but wasn't mentally prepared to have sex with a stranger .

Scrubberino

Aug 9, 2019
It's definitely the lady in the bathhouse.
But maybe the nude one and bathhouse one somehow connected. Maybe one sided another. Or it could be they are same cause vampires has varieties of power, who says shapeshifting isn't one?
I remember someone, Merrick or Sharon (same thing, right? :Kappa:), saying that the vamp that MC has visions of might be an ancient vampire and that they're likely to be buried far underground or something along those lines. The same person also said that MC wouldn't want to dig her up if that's the case.

Freesia11

May 1, 2020
I used the whispers and I totally agree that it was a rapey dick move once it all played out. I'm leaving it as is though, because it is going to be a learning moment for MC on how this power affects people.

Totally embracing the regret and self-loathing MC shows after the fact.

He now knows he CAN, but next time he'll have to consider if he SHOULD. He's learned that "I am not an animal" is for more than just blood.
I'd rather play as a rapey dick than some twilight vegetarian vampire.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Dan laughing while he seems to have figured it out the "dick switch" was weird and funny at the same time.

Interesting this update continued the trend of letting the player make even more dark choices like forcing Lauria to give blood and using "influence mind" on Miri to fuck and drink from her. The sex scene was very mechanic by the way but i suppose that was the objective, Miri had no control over what was happening.

Strange why Laurie was feeling ill. I thought it was because of the lack of blood and decided to rollback the choice to check but she still acts the same. :unsure:

Anyway, next chapter should have some good action.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I'm think the MC should have a humanity stat. Without a morality meter, I have some worries that the MC will be railroaded into being a stand up vampire bloke. The story so far does seem like it will give us some choices regarding this matter, but who knows?

What I really liked was the fact that the "evil" choices so far all had some justification to ease us into the darker path. Well... except how we treat Laurie. Why can the MC be so mean to her? :unsure: Treating the hunter girl as food is totally justified in my books. She would have killed him without hesitation, doesn't matter what her backstory was. Using Whispers is justified. Exploring new powers is only natural and MC is getting blue balled harder then a Tibetan monk by Sharon. Making him regret it afterwards is a nice touch. MC isn't quite ready to go full darkside yet.

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
Should we add animations?
I will say this, most of the time animations will make a game better(provided they are decent quality), so if you can add animations without hurting your time frame for releases too much(say an extra month, but not an extra three to five months), then you should. However, if it is going to be so much work that it hurts your time frame too much then I would say it wouldn't be worth it. In the end it is the developers choice and should be weighed against effort and time frame change against possible positive results(more money from players).

Deleted member 1906916

Jan 1, 2020
I'm think the MC should have a humanity stat. Without a morality meter, I have some worries that the MC will be railroaded into being a stand up vampire bloke. The story so far does seem like it will give us some choices regarding this matter, but who knows?

What I really liked was the fact that the "evil" choices so far all had some justification to ease us into the darker path. Well... except how we treat Laurie. Why can the MC be so mean to her? :unsure: Treating the hunter girl as food is totally justified in my books. She would have killed him without hesitation, doesn't matter what her backstory was. Using Whispers is justified. Exploring new powers is only natural and MC is getting blue balled harder then a Tibetan monk by Sharon. Making him regret it afterwards is a nice touch. MC isn't quite ready to go full darkside yet.
I think Sharon is blue balled the mc because she c him as a little brother that needs protecting not as a lover.

• Angry
Reactions: Carefree247

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think Sharon is blue balled the mc because she c him as a little brother that needs protecting not as a lover.
Not sure of that, Sharon might be conflicted by her former relation with Astrid and how that turned out, a lack of trust so to say where she is caught between her wanting MC and her fears. Also anyone else think if you make to many dark choices and give up too much on your humanity, that might turn into a problem concerning the relation with Sharon?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Not sure of that, Sharon might be conflicted by her former relation with Astrid and how that turned out, a lack of trust so to say where she is caught between her wanting MC and her fears. Also anyone else think if you make to many dark choices and give up too much on your humanity, that might turn into a problem concerning the relation with Sharon?
This is kind of what got me thinking in the first place. There are no variables being tracked to determine how many "dark choices" we have made. This means what the choice to lose your humanity (if there is one) would likely be the result of one big decision down the road. I find that a bit inelegant compared to keeping a humanity variable, but let's just see how things go.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
if you read carefully, after Sharon gives MC her blood, she says "you're not the one being denied", so maybe it's Sharon that is blueballed

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

Tracking different choices instead of using a single morality variable is even better, although way more complex. Like, the fact that I let Carmen walk around the basement in Laurie's clothes shouldn't make me a better person if I'm using whispers on everyone to fuck them

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
This is kind of what got me thinking in the first place. There are no variables being tracked to determine how many "dark choices" we have made. This means what the choice to lose your humanity (if there is one) would likely be the result of one big decision down the road. I find that a bit inelegant compared to keeping a humanity variable, but let's just see how things go.
You don't need to have a humaninity variable.
As far as I see - only looked at the WT not the code itself - we have the following variable:
  • SharonsaveLaurie
  • LaurieLover
  • Charisma
  • Stealth
  • Prowess
  • ObeySharonTowel
  • SharonTowelReveal
  • OliveCheck
    • LookedAfterOlive
  • Claws
  • Ep1Pt8StaySharon
  • WantToKillSire
  • Invis
  • Whisp
  • MerrickLaurieLearn
  • CarmenStart
    • CarmenSaved
  • Carmen2ndChance
  • CarmenFood
  • MiriSex1
  • SoulStainMiri
  • Ep3Up4LaurieComes
So humanity can be calculated by the choice stored in this variables already. It isn't needed to have a separate variable for humanity, you can do without.

And I do believe some of the present variable have a connection to humanity e.g. SoulStainMiri.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
As far as I see - only looked at the WT not the code itself - we have the following variable:
  • SharonsaveLaurie
  • LaurieLover
  • Charisma
  • Stealth
  • Prowess
  • ObeySharonTowel
  • SharonTowelReveal
  • OliveCheck
    • LookedAfterOlive
  • Claws
  • Ep1Pt8StaySharon
  • WantToKillSire
  • Invis
  • Whisp
  • MerrickLaurieLearn
  • CarmenStart
    • CarmenSaved
  • Carmen2ndChance
  • CarmenFood
  • MiriSex1
  • SoulStainMiri
  • Ep3Up4LaurieComes
So humanity can be calculated by the choice stored in this variables already. It isn't needed to have a separate variable for humanity, you can do without.

And I do believe some of the present variable have a connection to humanity e.g. SoulStainMiri.
there are a couple more variables in the code. one is whether you bury the boy from the hospital or leave him in the streets where someone can find him. the other one is, surprisingly, the place where you choose to feed in the beginning of episode 1
2020-09-23_12-05.png

Reactions: D Dog and c3p0

COOLMASTER

Nov 12, 2019
Great game, its a very good role playng so you have the choice to decid witch kind of vampire you want to become...

lose your rest of humanit, soul or not that s the price...it s still a comon way in vampire s story s like story s as dracula,

just the thrall of laurie...she maybe have a more intersting position in the future, cause it s make and lead as minir interset or is just an easy way to plot for astrid some trouble ?

A point of vampires, normaly vampires have a harem who grown with there strengh, powers are they become older and more older...

I m not against carmen's food sort. But it will more interesting turn her in his side and user her against hunter

I suppose a fight in the futur to be "the kng beyond the king" or a clash and a war beetween the different clan...an usual way in this kind of story..

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
  • SharonsaveLaurie
  • LaurieLover
  • Charisma
  • Stealth
  • Prowess
  • ObeySharonTowel
  • SharonTowelReveal
  • OliveCheck
    • LookedAfterOlive
  • Claws
  • Ep1Pt8StaySharon
  • WantToKillSire
  • Invis
  • Whisp
  • MerrickLaurieLearn
  • CarmenStart
    • CarmenSaved
  • Carmen2ndChance
  • CarmenFood
  • MiriSex1
  • SoulStainMiri
  • Ep3Up4LaurieComes

keeping morality as different variables would be perfect to implement Paths.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
keeping morality as different variables would be perfect to implement Paths.
Well one advantage is both Likesblondes and especially Ptolemy are not first timers as devs and know what different paths entail in workload and are capable of doing it, so they will not introduce big branches too early or too late. So if they will introduce them there is a good chance they will work.

Considering the sex scene as feedback, me for myself would have liked a few more renders and a lot more text. It was interesting though especially that the blood did it more for MC as the feeling of sex itself. Makes some sense, but together with a few extra things I started wondering if it would become possible for MC to raise his humanity some and increase his feelings again even if undead in future.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes