4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Scrubberino

Aug 9, 2019
That would not exactly be a change in character though.
I am still a bit dismayed that you can not stop him from blurting out every new info about his powers or ancestry as soon as he finds out about it. Wanting more details about a power from Sharon is one thing, but going "Oh btw, I am likely Templerspawn" to Merrick seemed pointless.

But talking of oddities in character: I find it strange that Sharon seemed so eager to show off her motorcycle but is unwilling or simply unable to drive a car.
He's blurting it out to his allies though, so that makes sense to a lot of people.

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
He's blurting it out to his allies though, so that makes sense to a lot of people.
MCs loose lips habit did not end too well when telling Laurie about his change despite prior warnings.
Being allies or more did not mean a cosy afterlife for Sharon and Astrid(?) either, and he got a nice visionary first row seat for that.
Just seems like such experiences should sink in enough to make volunteering info a choice, instead of a unavoidable railroad-track.

But looking at this from the opposite PoV, I actually can see some potential in meeting the MCs mom. At least on a comedy relief side.
I mean just imagine it:
Sharon, with her 80-ish real age and vamp quirks, deciding to try fitting in a daughter-in-law role and impress a modern-day age mother? A mother that might just favor Laurie since she has know her for years?
That could get hilarious, if LikesBlondes want to have another tone in the story on occasion.

Reactions: Mr_Sel

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Merrick is a nosferatu, that people are the spies in the setting, not a good idea to tell him anything about your secret powers or lineage.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
MCs loose lips habit did not end too well when telling Laurie about his change despite prior warnings.
Being allies or more did not mean a cosy afterlife for Sharon and Astrid(?) either, and he got a nice visionary first row seat for that.
Just seems like such experiences should sink in enough to make volunteering info a choice, instead of a unavoidable railroad-track.

But looking at this from the opposite PoV, I actually can see some potential in meeting the MCs mom. At least on a comedy relief side.
I mean just imagine it:
Sharon, with her 80-ish real age and vamp quirks, deciding to try fitting in a daughter-in-law role and impress a modern-day age mother? A mother that might just favor Laurie since she has know her for years?
That could get hilarious, if LikesBlondes want to have another tone in the story on occasion.
Merrick is a nosferatu, that people are the spies in the setting, not a good idea to tell him anything about your secret powers or lineage.
Yeah this is the only let down to this VN. I like the dev, liked his last game which suited his writing style I think. This subject matter needs much more intelligent thought put into it, given the source inspiration and I really hope it does improve...

Reactions: Mr_Sel and Ragnar

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Merrick seems to think Dan is a mix of crazy, dumb and naive. At least the way he talks everytime Dan says something makes me believe that.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Merrick seems to think Dan is a mix of crazy, dumb and naive. At least the way he talks everytime Dan says something makes me believe that.
Always thought Merrick was a smart guy!

Joke aside, I would not say MC is dumb, but he is very naive. He is really a child in an adult's world. And his "craziness" comes from his unorthodox ways of trying to solve things and his visions.

fullarsenal

Apr 23, 2017
Mc is better off being slightly rude and aggressive (even to laurie) rather than passive hes a vampire ffs
I mean id rather he wouldnt but whatever get over it.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Well, that's like your opinion man.
On a serious note, humanity is an important variable in the shared lore of VTM and Rebirth, Sharon said that much.
Doing things like killing people for fun reduces your humanity pool, if you go too far the beast inside you takes over and you're basically fucked.

asmodeusdude

Oct 18, 2018
will this game ever get a discord so you can have a more direct way of keeping tabs? I keep on forgetting about games and then finding out about them again

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
will this game ever get a discord so you can have a more direct way of keeping tabs? I keep on forgetting about games and then finding out about them again
I heard someone say that it did have had a discord channel but due complications of release couple month ago that place became toxic. So dev deleted channel.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well, that's like your opinion man.
On a serious note, humanity is an important variable in the shared lore of VTM and Rebirth, Sharon said that much.
Doing things like killing people for fun reduces your humanity pool, if you go too far the beast inside you takes over and you're basically fucked.
There is also the fact that nothing says being a vampire means you have to be rude and aggressive. The whole idea of modern vampires is to portray them as more complex characters. Some can be pretty rude and violent, others hate violence and be tender people, others dislike rudeness and always smile and say thank you while still being way more evil than anybody else.
In other words, you can have vampires of all styles and personalities, no need to expect them to act in any way. Only thing we can expect them is to crave blood.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Mc is better off being slightly rude and aggressive (even to laurie) rather than passive hes a vampire ffs
I mean id rather he wouldnt but whatever get over it.
It's not that much of work to be rude and aggressive if you live for centuries. And MC is still, what? Around 25, 30?
And it is important to be as humane as possible cause the moment you let your beast loose you will never be a humane again.
As sharon mentioned you will likely be like that blonde vampire thot.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
In the early writings on vampires they were mysterious and aloof but always civil unless threatened. They were more aristocratic and genteel, which brings us to today where as you can see the Archon seems to lack every one of those qualities. So societal decay is alive and well even within the ranks of the vampirical Hierarchy, so do as you feel just be mindful of that humanity meter.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes