4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The powers have to be important somehow sooner or later, If not what's the point in asking the player?
Maybe if you reach the end game without powers you can become human again or something like that.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The powers have to be important somehow sooner or later, If not what's the point in asling the player?
Maybe if you reach the end game without powers you can become human again or something like that.
Yeah, my guess is that taking more powers makes you less human too. Specially, the way they are presented. If there are not downfalls for having more powers, why make me choose to have them?

We'll see. For now, they are awesome! I like being a cute, powerful monster.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: D3xzalias and c3p0

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, my guess is that taking more powers makes you less human too. Specially, the way they are presented. If there are not downfalls for having more powers, why make me choose to have them?

I hope we can see how powerful our MC is fighting the creature in the next update. So far we only have the chance to bitch slap that archon's guy.
Killing humans don't count because they're weaker by nature.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

Given his last game I don't think he would go there but there's also the possibility (given many newer games are doing it) that without the powers...the 'end game' might not go exactly how we would want it to in a perfect world.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I hope we can see how powerful our MC is fighting the creature in the next update. So far we only have the chance to bitch slap that archon's guy.
Killing humans don't count because they're weaker by nature.
Given his last game I don't think he would go there but there's also the possibility (given many newer games are doing it) that without the powers...the 'end game' might not go exactly how we would want it to in a perfect world.
Hopefully, the story is really just starting and there will be time to see a lot and with different variations.

I don't mind unhappy endings, I just want them to make sense. If by taking all powers MC becomes a heartless son of a bitch high on human blood but in a consistent way from the point of view of story I am happy. I would just hate it if in the same scenario, the simple "power of love" saves MC from becoming such a monster by a single kiss and even lets him have all his powers.

So far, the approach they are taking I think it is great. MC is OP by birth but young and naive and he make mistakes, even if he is learning. All other characters do seem to have their own agenda and are not simply there to inflate the player's ego, by telling him how great a person he is and what a wonderful dick he has. Hey, I even love the whole "no action without blood".

Miskatonic81

Aug 2, 2020
DISCLAIMER: If authors dislike me sharing this I will remove it. I always act putting the novel first.

Hi
View attachment 846631
We're working on the next upload.
So far the images have been giving us fits. Trying to both having the dark setting and allowing players to see what is going on :). But we'll get it done.
It's quite early in the process, and I don't have a lot to report right now.

Best regards
Likesblondes
Does this mean Laurie is forced to come? I remember there being an option to make her stay (I didn't try it, I let her come).

Miskatonic81

Aug 2, 2020
Yeah I wasn't sure if she makes herself come along anyway since I didn't choose that option. I suppose the screenshot is just a sneakpeak for those who let her come with.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
I'm all for a good story, and I really like what you've got here, but in around six hours i only saw like 2 sexual situations. This is great, and i'm going to keep playing no matter what, but i do hope there's more at some point. Maybe I just chose all the wrong things...

akenedy

May 3, 2017
I know it's off-topic but considering how much Bloodlines fans there are in this thread what's your take on the Mitsoda conundrum? Personally, I thought from the start that it's rare that a sequel especially after such a long time is as good as the original but the creative direction shift that it has now makes me think even less of the game's potential.

And regarding this game's use of power, I think it's a perfect choice for a VN in this setting to make the MC op from the "birth", otherwise the build-up would be too slow and it's easier to write the story this way and move it along faster. Also, a lot of different powers would mean the scenes and the aftermath of choices would add additional story routes to implement which would mean more work time for the devs and longer updates time. Sometimes streamlining the experience and make the illusion of choice is more effective and efficient.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
I know it's off-topic but considering how much Bloodlines fans there are in this thread what's your take on the Mitsoda conundrum? Personally, I thought from the start that it's rare that a sequel especially after such a long time is as good as the original but the creative direction shift that it has now makes me think even less of the game's potential.

And regarding this game's use of power, I think it's a perfect choice for a VN in this setting to make the MC op from the "birth", otherwise the build-up would be too slow and it's easier to write the story this way and move it along faster. Also, a lot of different powers would mean the scenes and the aftermath of choices would add additional story routes to implement which would mean more work time for the devs and longer updates time. Sometimes streamlining the experience and make the illusion of choice is more effective and efficient.
Shit I didn't kow they fired him. The original game is my favourite game, that the guy responsible for it gets fired doesn't bode well for the game. Paradox is a shit company imho. Let's wait and see and hope for the best.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

That game is close to release so maybe they're cutting costs, Mitsoda work must be done already and we're talking about Paradox. That would be the best case scenario.
On the other hand they could have fired him to change chunks of his story, like the ending or other important plot points without having to deal with his opossition.

akenedy

May 3, 2017
On the other hand they could have fired him to change chunks of his story, like the ending or other important plot points without having to deal with his opossition.
That's exactly what I was thinking, the guy is very dedicated to his work and probably was a huge headache to Paradox executives.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
DISCLAIMER: If authors dislike me sharing this I will remove it. I always act putting the novel first.

1602515835076.png
Hello everyone.

I have to get to work soon, so I'll keep this a little short. Things are progressing well, we've gone over 100 images right now. Most of this next update will be focused on, and I hope I'm not spoiling anyone, a certain fight and it's possible routes. All the images we've made so far are on that subject.
That being said, things are progressing well, and everything should be on time.
One the android front, our coder dissapeared for a while, and we didn't hear from her. But now she's back, and working on that port. Sometimes in the next 3 days is the timeline we've been given.

Best regards
Likesblondes

That is one ugly bitch!

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes