4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
But that was because it was an ugly Nos and she would not come out to make out with him. I am a vamp cutie... she wants to come and kiss me all over.

(I actually totally agree with you, too soon for that)
Hey can u ask the Devs in patreon how many chapters they are planning to make?? :)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Hey can u ask the Devs in patreon how many chapters they are planning to make?? :)
I will next time they make a post. Although I really hope they have no answer. If they can already tell how many chapters they are thinking to make, the story will be short. This is a setting that allows for a very long long story, provided MC does not become too OP too soon.

• Red Heart
Reactions: c3p0 and tombeir

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I will next time they make a post. Although I really hope they have no answer. If they can already tell how many chapters they are thinking to make, the story will be short. This is a setting that allows for a very long long story, provided MC does not become too OP too soon.
I would be more worried if they don't have a estimative (even if they don't want to divulge it). Usually it helps to have a draft of the whole story already planned beforehand. :)
both options could be true, they might have a raw draft, but at the same time they might not know how many episodes it will take and there might be things tht have to be added for the story to make sense

Reactions: c3p0 and tombeir

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
DISCLAIMER: If authors dislike me sharing this I will remove it. I always act putting the novel first.

1604937301415.png

Hello

Things are progressing along quite well. We're closing in on the end of the second episode. LIke I said, a couple more updates. And there are no reasons for any delays so far.
We're also trying to find some more music to add to the game.
Oh, and one more thing. We are trying to add our previous game, Life with Mary, to steam. A fellow dev said that it brought a lot of attention to his own game, and we'll see if by posting Mary we can get more eyes on Rebirth. If we do manage to add it, we'll do a key givaway for you guys, or something like that. Never did anything like this before, so it's mostly ideas so far.

Best regards
Likesblondes

Mmm kimono vamp babe... I would definitely hit that!

Last edited:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I'm not sure why I decided to give "Rebirth" a chance, I normally don't go for vampire stories because they all seem to be way over the top gory or heavily derivative of Ann Rice or Twilight (ugh!). I like the storyline, the characters, and the artwork. I'm really liking the different sub-cultures of vampire and the dynamic that brings to the story. the MC isn't a wimpy soy-boy, but also hasn't immediately become the second coming of Vampire-Jesus (yet ;) )
"Rebirth" is definitely one I'm going to follow closely.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I'm not sure why I decided to give "Rebirth" a chance, I normally don't go for vampire stories because they all seem to be way over the top gory or heavily derivative of Ann Rice or Twilight (ugh!). I like the storyline, the characters, and the artwork. I'm really liking the different sub-cultures of vampire and the dynamic that brings to the story. the MC isn't a wimpy soy-boy, but also hasn't immediately become the second coming of Vampire-Jesus (yet ;) )
"Rebirth" is definitely one I'm going to follow closely.
Well, if it is for being totally fair, you could argue that Rebirth is "heavily derivative" from Vampire The Masquerade, even if not officially written in that world. But that itself does not need to be a bad thing. A setting is extremely important and a good setting can allow for a great story. But it is a necessary condition, not a sufficient one.

You could have used any setting and if the story is bad, you would not be able to save it. Although I argue with you that some settings are fundamentally bad, as the Twilight setting in which the current state of affairs with vamps hiding from society making no sense.

Anyway.. hope you enjoy the game and the thread discussions... they are very interesting.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
DISCLAIMER: If authors dislike me sharing this I will remove it. I always act putting the novel first.

View attachment 892498

Hello

Things are progressing along quite well. We're closing in on the end of the second episode. LIke I said, a couple more updates. And there are no reasons for any delays so far.
We're also trying to find some more music to add to the game.
Oh, and one more thing. We are trying to add our previous game, Life with Mary, to steam. A fellow dev said that it brought a lot of attention to his own game, and we'll see if by posting Mary we can get more eyes on Rebirth. If we do manage to add it, we'll do a key givaway for you guys, or something like that. Never did anything like this before, so it's mostly ideas so far.

Best regards
Likesblondes

Mmm kimono babe... I would definitely hit that!
I am not sure how good Living with Mary would be as advertising for Rebirth. Living with Mary is, after all, quite a simple and generic visual novel. Rebirth is several leagues above that. But they do say there is no such thing as bad advertising, so hopefully this will bring a lot more attention to Rebirth. They deserve it.

It is also nice they are looking into better music. It has always been the one aspect of the game that was on a lower quality than the rest..

Hope and wait.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I am not sure how good Living with Mary would be as advertising for Rebirth. Living with Mary is, after all, quite a simple and generic visual novel. Rebirth is several leagues above that. But they do say there is no such thing as bad advertising, so hopefully this will bring a lot more attention to Rebirth. They deserve it.

It is also nice they are looking into better music. It has always been the one aspect of the game that was on a lower quality than the rest..

Hope and wait.
Life with Mary is indeed different, but millions of players visit Steam every day. That's a big market if you have a finished product to sell already, some devs are on Steam with unfinished games even. Life with Mary is a vanilla VN so it shouldn't have any problems to be published there.
They can introduce a demo or some ad to LwM for promotion of Rebirth.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Well, if it is for being totally fair, you could argue that Rebirth is "heavily derivative" from Vampire The Masquerade, even if not officially written in that world. But that itself does not need to be a bad thing. A setting is extremely important and a good setting can allow for a great story. But it is a necessary condition, not a sufficient one.

You could have used any setting and if the story is bad, you would not be able to save it. Although I argue with you that some settings are fundamentally bad, as the Twilight setting in which the current state of affairs with vamps hiding from society making no sense.

Anyway.. hope you enjoy the game and the thread discussions... they are very interesting.
I have seen that reference on here, but wasn't familiar with "Vampire The Masquerade" until I looked it up so I couldnt make that connection ;)
I use "derivative" in a negative context usually, meaning something is a crap/low quality/lame copy of something not really meaning "based on". If something is "based on" another work, or world, or concept I usually don't refer to it as "derivative" - only if its crappy (which this is not). If "Rebirth" is related to "Vampire, the Masquerade" that actually makes me interested in "VtM" to see more of the parent world this may have come from.
This has made it's way onto my short-list of "must follow"

Reactions: Ayhsel

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Unless you want your posts deleted please do not mention that thing often abbreviated that shall not be talked about around here ;)

• Haha

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Unless you want your posts deleted please do not mention that thing often abbreviated that shall not be talked about around here ;)
AAAAAAGH! I grovel and beg forgibness! I did not know my sin! I fling myself on the mercy of......something:eek::ROFLMAO:

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes