4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Most wholesome and memorable moment (for me). Love the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
between this scene, and the snuggling, I really like Sharon. I know a lot of folks do not, because she is a bit dismissive of things our MC tells her, but context is everything. Vampires are secretive, and very few really know much in the way of lore about the various families and or clans/bloodlines. Young vampires like Sharon, really don't have a good basis to relate to encountering an elder generation vampire in the modern night. The MC is on an entirely different power scale than she is used to, and she is about to realize that.
I just hope that Mommy Calisto, and or gran Mommy Artemis aka Vision Girl do not pop our poor little Sharon open like a Gatorade and drink her down for spite.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
between this scene, and the snuggling, I really like Sharon. I know a lot of folks do not, because she is a bit dismissive of things our MC tells her, but context is everything. Vampires are secretive, and very few really know much in the way of lore about the various families and or clans/bloodlines. Young vampires like Sharon, really don't have a good basis to relate to encountering an elder generation vampire in the modern night. The MC is on an entirely different power scale than she is used to, and she is about to realize that.
I just hope that Mommy Calisto, and or gran Mommy Artemis aka Vision Girl do not pop our poor little Sharon open like a Gatorade and drink her down for spite.
Well somehow I suspect that last will depend on our MC and his choices. I still think that despite what Calisto says they still want something from him or at least vision beauty does and that they need him to be able to act on himself for that. :p

If that assumption is true together with the tidbit that C's childe do not tend to survive the turning in first place and if do by great exception have the problem they are a great snack for some when still weak, MC might not be super easy to replace. :p

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Well somehow I suspect that last will depend on our MC and his choices. I still think that despite what Calisto says they still want something from him or at least vision beauty does and that they need him to be able to act on himself for that. :p

If that assumption is true together with the tidbit that C's childe do not tend to survive the turning in first place and if do by great exception have the problem they are a great snack for some when still weak, MC might not be super easy to replace. :p
I think you are right. Couple points though.
1-Calisto's childer won't have an issue with surviving the embrace as a usual event. Normally the sire spends some time with the new vamp, showing them the ropes, and binding them to them. Calisto just (in her mind according to what we were presented with) on a whim, created the MC and kicked him to the curb. Being new, low generation, and not really knowing what you are, would make things difficult to survive. I think if she has any other childer, they probably are quite scary.
2- I still think (again in Calisto's mind) the thing she intends to get back to and finish up is thralling the MC. This is normal behavior, and the MC would still cause a stir, but would just be very loyal to Calisto, love her, and will create whatever scenes she wants created. So I think she has that in mind. Now, Vision Girl Artemis may have other plans.. We shall see.
3- With just the powers that we suppose and have seen demonstrated, the MC is not a weakling. I think he is going to be a handful for all these relatively modern vampires, and possibly even the elders. The age and knowledge of a high generation elder is going to be impressive, but the MC can burn more blood to power himself up in "one turn" than they can, so that will go a long way towards making up the difference.
4- I think that Calisto is pleased and that Artemis picked the MC, so yeah impossible to replace at this point.

Reactions: Ayhsel

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020

That was indeed awesome! Sharon seemed a lot more interesting/genuine earlier.
Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the people who keeps getting more and more annoyed by her(Like I said earlier each update she gets worse) but this has far more to do with the way the developer/writer now portrays her and the interactions we get with her. In contrast to how she was portrayed in the beginning.

I'm not sure how to explain this well, but the shift from her being some sort of mentor or introduction to this "new world" is completely gone while you got almost no information from her. I don't really care she is dismissive about some things towards the MC and powers that are claimed I'm fine with her not understanding/acknowledging that I just feel like instead of having the lines; "Not now" and "I'll tell you later" ( which to me are beyond meme levels at this point) they could have let her hinted at some workings of "this world" and information she does posses while keeping the intrigue/mysticism about other things. Now she just comes across like a fledgling herself even in the latest update how she is completely enticed/head over heels with her new found position/promotion. I feel like anyone who has lived a little longer has some more experience would be more jaded/cynical instead of this portrayal of a teenage girl with her first crush...

For me that "Shift" is just really weird and seems like a 180 on how she was first being introduced.

Think I've said it before, but considering how many similarities a lot of you draw from this to vtm lore or other vampire lore
I feel like Sharon could have been utilized better to create/introduce the player to some of this "worlds or universe" own lore.
At the very least create some intrigue about it. Now it feels like she is just being made expandable and not liked to maybe reduce backlash? I don't know...

However, I do acknowledge that this might be my personal preference to a more compelling/enticing story or telling there off.
to be immersed with the intricacies of how things work, whose who and what's what.

What really is astonishing to me though is that the devs do take their time to work out multiple branching paths with the abilities you may or may not have unlocked... seems like a lot of extra work to be carried over from all the updates so far. Especially since some of that was RNG.. I haven't even bothered to play all those variations just maxing out everything. Which makes me wonder what the "lesser" or other paths are like and what the consequences hold on each of those and if there will really be a difference in the end otherwise it just seems a bit redundant and I wonder if their time wouldn't have been spend better on otherwise developing their story.

Reactions: ju1zzed and styrany

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think you are right. Couple points though.
1-Calisto's childer won't have an issue with surviving the embrace as a usual event. Normally the sire spends some time with the new vamp, showing them the ropes, and binding them to them. Calisto just (in her mind according to what we were presented with) on a whim, created the MC and kicked him to the curb. Being new, low generation, and not really knowing what you are, would make things difficult to survive. I think if she has any other childer, they probably are quite scary.
2- I still think (again in Calisto's mind) the thing she intends to get back to and finish up is thralling the MC. This is normal behavior, and the MC would still cause a stir, but would just be very loyal to Calisto, love her, and will create whatever scenes she wants created. So I think she has that in mind. Now, Vision Girl Artemis may have other plans.. We shall see.
3- With just the powers that we suppose and have seen demonstrated, the MC is not a weakling. I think he is going to be a handful for all these relatively modern vampires, and possibly even the elders. The age and knowledge of a high generation elder is going to be impressive, but the MC can burn more blood to power himself up in "one turn" than they can, so that will go a long way towards making up the difference.
4- I think that Calisto is pleased and that Artemis picked the MC, so yeah impossible to replace at this point.
On 1 one remark from my side and I admit that might have been my wrong interpretation, but when Fabian talked about Calisto's childe tending not to survive I took that as not surviving the turning as such for some reason. Maybe a form of clan curse from her or the extreme power of her bloodline, the fact MC after turning might be a nice easy snack for some was more a secondary concern as I read it with the survival chance. :) Now if I read that right it might not be conform WOD rules, but one of the deviations in game.

On 2 and 4. yeah Calisto might well be fully unaware of vision beauty's plans or have an inkling possibly and the mama remark does make sense that she chose MC for her reasons or maybe also on a whim. If she can influence Calisto so easily it does give a slight idea how strong she might be. :) With on a whim I mean that she may have plans for MC after she chose him, but that there was no special reason as such she chose MC. Though if there is indeed as I assumed some reason C's childe often do not survive the turning itself, vision beauty might have recognized something in MC that told her he would most likely.

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
On 1 one remark from my side and I admit that might have been my wrong interpretation, but when Fabian talked about Calisto's childe tending not to survive I took that as not surviving the turning as such for some reason. Maybe a form of clan curse from her or the extreme power of her bloodline, the fact MC after turning might be a nice easy snack for some was more a secondary concern as I read it with the survival chance. :) Now if I read that right it might not be conform WOD rules, but one of the deviations in game.

On 2 and 4. yeah Calisto might well be fully unaware of vision beauty's plans or have an inkling possibly and the mama remark does make sense that she chose MC for her reasons or maybe also on a whim. If she can influence Calisto so easily it does give a slight idea how strong she might be. :) With on a whim I mean that she may have plans for MC after she chose him, but that there was no special reason as such she chose MC. Though if there is indeed as I assumed some reason C's childe often do not survive the turning itself, vision beauty might have recognized something in MC that told her he would most likely.
there is a lot in here but briefly:

1- I think there is nothing about Artemis or Calisto’s bloodline that inhibits survival. I think that Fabian was just stating that he was an unplanned childe lol. And as such Calisto had no immediate plan for him, so she just cast him to the wolves. His survival and thriving, not becoming a snack , made her more interested in him, thus she pushed for Sharon’s elevation to isolate and protect her childe.
2: I think that the MC does have some innate strengths that Artemis sought and she Did plan on him as a childe of Calisto.
3: I think we are going to hit a boiling point in that plot line in the next update or possibly 2

peace

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
That was indeed awesome! Sharon seemed a lot more interesting/genuine earlier.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the people who keeps getting more and more annoyed by her(Like I said earlier each update she gets worse) but this has far more to do with the way the developer/writer now portrays her and the interactions we get with her. In contrast to how she was portrayed in the beginning.

I'm not sure how to explain this well, but the shift from her being some sort of mentor or introduction to this "new world" is completely gone while you got almost no information from her. I don't really care she is dismissive about some things towards the MC and powers that are claimed I'm fine with her not understanding/acknowledging that I just feel like instead of having the lines; "Not now" and "I'll tell you later" ( which to me are beyond meme levels at this point) they could have let her hinted at some workings of "this world" and information she does posses while keeping the intrigue/mysticism about other things. Now she just comes across like a fledgling herself even in the latest update how she is completely enticed/head over heels with her new found position/promotion. I feel like anyone who has lived a little longer has some more experience would be more jaded/cynical instead of this portrayal of a teenage girl with her first crush...

For me that "Shift" is just really weird and seems like a 180 on how she was first being introduced.

Think I've said it before, but considering how many similarities a lot of you draw from this to vtm lore or other vampire lore
I feel like Sharon could have been utilized better to create/introduce the player to some of this "worlds or universe" own lore.
At the very least create some intrigue about it. Now it feels like she is just being made expandable and not liked to maybe reduce backlash? I don't know...

However, I do acknowledge that this might be my personal preference to a more compelling/enticing story or telling there off.
to be immersed with the intricacies of how things work, whose who and what's what.

What really is astonishing to me though is that the devs do take their time to work out multiple branching paths with the abilities you may or may not have unlocked... seems like a lot of extra work to be carried over from all the updates so far. Especially since some of that was RNG.. I haven't even bothered to play all those variations just maxing out everything. Which makes me wonder what the "lesser" or other paths are like and what the consequences hold on each of those and if there will really be a difference in the end otherwise it just seems a bit redundant and I wonder if their time wouldn't have been spend better on otherwise developing their story.
Nice juicy post. For helping understand Sharon if this was actually the table top and for a moment if I was the Story Teller, I would say this:
1-Sharon Is Young for a vampire. She was a teenager when she was created, and right now in terms of game play she is barely a vampire teenager, otherwise known as Ancilla. Neonates are the elementary school kids 10-75ish years as a vampire. Fledglings are newly created to about 10 years as a vamp. Technically Calisto should have spent some time observing the MC and then embracing him. Hiding him away(she is more powerful than the princeps so she didn’t need to present him or ask permission) so she should have hid him away for a decade or 3 to train him and then let him loose to experience life and do her bidding.
Clearly that didn’t happen.
2-Marcius wanted Sharon to fail. We don’t know what she did before to piss him off, but he wants her powers of domination and wants her under his control. So he gave her the task of shepherd for the new kid.
I think if we keep this in mind, it makes sense for her to react as she is. Yes she has connections and is a player at the table, but she was at the kiddie table, and so Momma moved her to her own table a couple centuries early. Centuries. Each of these archons seem like petty princes for the table top in some mega city with the true prince over a batch of them. Calisto is clearly beyond that power structure as is VG Artemis.
Hopefully this places things in a context that makes sense of all of this neat stuff.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Almost as good as Laurie's kitty comments!
I love Sharon too. My comments are more like, while all other girls are increase their game, Sharon went from the total queen of the novel to having actual competition. She needs to step up! But you will not find one comment of mine saying anything but love for her.
I doubt this. It goes against the very reason why Calisto created MC in the first place. Amusement. How fun can be someone that cannot go against her orders?
Also, plot reasons. Thralled MC would really limit freedom later in the story.

Also consdered that ONE possible interpretation. But it really seem she was just mentioning in terms "ohh my baby survive by being taken care by a teen.. impressive"

I really hope that is not the case and MC is and has always been an accident. No "mystery plot" around his creations. Just a whim of a egostical, bitchy milf. Not because of that, denying that his creation can have very large consequences.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I have no doubt that Calisto thinks she just had a vampire one nighter. I am pretty sure Artemis was involved though

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
I don't really have much problem with how Sharon has changed a little. It's just a natural thing. With power comes arrogance. Something vamps and humans have in common I guess. I'm sure she's just kinda floating on cloud 9 right now. I'm sure reality will come crashing down soon enough.

Reactions: Arigon

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I don't really have much problem with how Sharon has changed a little. It's just a natural thing. With power comes arrogance. Something vamps and humans have in common I guess. I'm sure she's just kinda floating on cloud 9 right now. I'm sure reality will come crashing down soon enough.
Sharons change is pretty much since the start of ep2 not only since she has become Archon.

Yeah but the vamp society works a bit different, backstabbing and intrigues are pretty normal, power is a necessary thing. Even Sharon knows this much as she says somwhere in ep1 to the mc, even the archon can't do what he wants, if he want to stay alive.
Andrew is openly surprised that someone as young as Sharon becomes Archon out of nowhere, i can understand Sharon being happy, but she also should have been very suspicious, as the whole thing basicialy screams 'it's a trap'.

Yeah, i really want to see how she trys to make Callisto kneel down before herself, it should be entertaining to say at least.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I just started playing this again for the 2nd time and for some reason i never thought the game had real choices until now. Question is if you don't choose the (SharonSaveLaurie) options can she actually die?

• Thinking Face

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I just started playing this again for the 2nd time and for some reason i never thought the game had real choices until now. Question is if you don't choose the (SharonSaveLaurie) options can she actually die?
guess we shall see

Reactions: c3p0

DIXEREX

Jul 11, 2020
Man I hope we get sum more thicc chicks for the vamp harem maybe a queen of the damned or a Elvira so my MC can get his giddy up oom poppa omm poppa mow mow lmao

• Yay, new update!

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
for inquiring minds:

Any idea if we will be seeing an update this month or is it still too early?

Of course. Same as ever. If we were taking the month off I would have announced it, and paused the patreon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Awry90 and Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
for inquiring minds:

Any idea if we will be seeing an update this month or is it still too early?

Of course. Same as ever. If we were taking the month off I would have announced it, and paused the patreon.
It is really nice to see that level of professionalism.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes