4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
First of all thanks for the update! Always welcome. I also appreciate the rapid regular updates.

That said, this VN suffers from a couple of problems that, if left unresolved, pretty much eventually doom it.

The developer(s) say "this isn't about sex". Then continually dangle Sharon (and others) before us. So that's puts them to the lie. If it's not about sex then the MC and Sharon should sleep apart, and all the flirting should end. The fact that it hasn't, and has become more prominent, makes it clear that the dev(s) continue to dangle what they claim is not there before us. Fool me once...

Okay set that point aside. If the devs truly believe there's to be no sex in the game then something else has to hold our attention. In this case plot progression. The progression of the plot has become hopelessly slow. Hopelessly slow. Perhaps even retrograde. Compare the ground covered and the character progression in chapter 1 compared to everything in chapter 2 and so far in chapter 3. Things have largely ground to a halt. With nothing to engage the reader (sex) this slow down is not just evident but burdensome.

I enjoy this game, I look forward to its success, and I fully support the dev(s) choice in how they tell their story. However, this game is becoming stagnant and stagnation is something that will kill any game. Word to the wise dev(s), you can only tease and slow roll for so long. It's time for some momentum.
The slow progression is the bad issue here.

I would be fine with no sex, just like in the first chapters.

The problem is that for some reason, the VN in Chapter 3 entered some kind of hyper slow motion where there are several updates where nothing happen.

Its like the fill episodes on Japanese Anime that are there just to extend the series and nothing else

Reactions: UncleFredo

Gmandingo

Nov 3, 2019
The slow progression is the bad issue here.

I would be fine with no sex, just like in the first chapters.

The problem is that for some reason, the VN in Chapter 3 entered some kind of hyper slow motion where there are several updates where nothing happen.

Its like the fill episodes on Japanese Anime that are there just to extend the series and nothing else
Today on Dragon ball z .......... I mean rebirth ep3

Harry6hp

Jan 17, 2020
Just completed playing the update
And I don't what Sharon wants to do with Astrid cause instead of cutting the bullshit off and asking why she came there even straight into the hands of MC and not even resisting them, but they just put her in a cage. Giving a chance for her to do what she wanted to by coming there in the first place.
Unless Sharon has something in mind.And we don't know everything or something more other-than anderw's story and pasts vision which we haven't asked her and she haven't told anything about(And we are sleeping in same bed everyday.And teasing each other..:unsure:).And Hope Sharon won't die like others are speculating cause she is the character who have most of the screen time next to MC i think.And her relationship with MC well is looks like going good or (I am seeing things).And hope she get rid of insecurity about the Achron thing cause that can cause big problems if its true.
And whats happening with Frank is a mystery to be uncovered Hope he wont turn out to be bad guy.
And the victims of Sharon's eye thingy are becoming annoyingly weird.They are sorta like Astrid's victims ready to do anything for her and so on.
And Whats happens on 10th? gets their dose of Vampblood ???Don't know.....:cautious:(Damn Astrid and her manipulating words)

And with the progressing of the VN its like 1 night per update and dunno what date it is and when will be 10th only thing i can do is to wait.
And Hope devs stops teasing with Sharon cause its been happening since a longggg time and if they dont wanna do those scenes cut those teasing and use those renders for other things so we can get more story cause we love to see more story.
And this dude MC is flirting with Ex-Hunter and vampire and his ex-boss. Hope he can keep his pepe in pants while guarding the cage.
I always want to skip few updates but damn the story i cant keep playing every new update.Hope we get a bit more content in next ones.(And Also some more choices its like 1 or 2 or nothing these days)

Last edited:

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Astrid is a jaded and hedonistic adrenaline junkie with a death wish. She's perfectly willing to risk death to get what she wants, whether that's her next thrill, vengeance, or even better, both at the same time. I strongly suspect she's less interested in the MC for himself than she is in causing Sharon pain by stealing him away from her, and possibly even turning him against Sharon.
I was already seduced by her, you don't need to keep selling her to me!
I think we're all misreading the characters, she seems to be manipulative and even machiavellic. Almost as if she knew she would be locked in a cage, every word she blurts seems to be calculated.
And I don't what Sharon wants to do with Astrid cause instead of cutting the bullshit off and asking why she came there even straight into the hands of MC and not even resisting them, but they just put her in a cage. Giving a chance for her to do what she wanted to by coming there in the first place.
Unless Sharon has something in mind.And we don't know everything or something more other-than anderw's story and pasts vision which we haven't asked her and she haven't told anything about(And we are sleeping in same bed everyday.And teasing each other..:unsure:)
let's be honest... her brains is not exactely what we like about Sharon... what struck me however was how Sharon found many reasons to send Sophie away, but I suspect the manin reason is jealousy.
And this dude MC is flirting with Ex-Hunter and vampire and his ex-boss. Hope he can keep his pepe in pants while guarding the cage.
even if one is not Ayhsel , the chance of that happening are slimmer than Gregor's chance of winning at Jeopardy.

Coque Diem

Apr 13, 2020
pardon the intrusion but can I get a MAC version of episode 2? on mega if possible. id greatly appreciate it thanks

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just finished the 3rd up for the 3rd chapter, so caught up again with the Dev.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you once again for this game thus far, and looking forward now for the 4th up.

Oct 11, 2017
Crazy how boring it is to be a vampire. You just meander from scene to scene being talked at, and drip-fed hints about what might be happening. Never get to actually do anything interesting or fun. Next to no choices.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Crazy how boring it is to be a vampire. You just meander from scene to scene being talked at, and drip-fed hints about what might be happening. Never get to actually do anything interesting or fun. Next to no choices.
Not everything can be Vampire Bloodlines the Masquerade hehe

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Hmmm, this Update. Well it would open a nice goodie, hope the Dev will do this sort of fun. First we need to get Carmens friend into the dungeon and see how he react to this fucking jailed bitch Astrid. If its true that Ast is the culprint we Invite Carmen to us into the Dungeon and say to her this is the Bitch who has done that to ya loverboy, whant ya have fun with her. Only one condition, don´t kill her asap, make it really slow. :ROFLMAO:

Dec 17, 2020
The Rebirth game plot has vast potential, however I'm quite certain this dev would soon loose his focus and dump this sluggishly crawling project midway (i.e) even before it could become a truly interesting experience.

First of all, this game has zero erotic scenes, or H-scenes except random nudity, either from Sharon during bed / bath or some other girl walking naked.
Furthermore, Am I the only player who's fed up of MC's erectile dysfunctional penis, update after update on each new chapter. Vampire get super human strength because Vamp blood is Rocket fuel, yet male dick becomes super weak, logic ? When other muscles work perfectly without fatigue why should human blood be an absolute must for erection ? Also why can't MC go out to lockpick and feed on sleeping beauties?

1624449597544.png

1624449666548.png

At least add some quests (main story, side story, training quests etc.) for honing skills as shown during first few updates. Also did MC loose his spider senses, wolverine smell, flash visions and invisibility powers or what?

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The Rebirth game plot has vast potential, however I'm quite certain this dev would soon loose his focus and dump this sluggishly crawling project midway (i.e) even before it could become a truly interesting experience.
I doubt that. The dev has a finnished game already and Rebirth is doing fine on Patreon. This one has been getting monthly updates nonstop since the beginning minus some vacation month.
The game could use some sex scenes like the MC could use a new power to get erections without blood tho.

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I doubt that. The dev has a finnished game already and Rebirth is doing fine on Patreon. This one has been getting monthly updates nonstop since the beginning minus some vacation month.
The game could use some sex scenes like the MC could use a new power to get erections without blood tho.
Well, people like different things. Some like this sort of things, others would prefer more Fucking or people like me would prefer more Vamp Action (without Vamp action its just a fucking Thwilight Clone how it feels) many just don´t give a fuck bout politics ... For me personaly it got total boring, the same was with LwM. But i wanna see if something changes or i drop this Dev from my Watch List.

Reactions: juan palote

ucu32167

Jun 5, 2019
I don't get it. The way I understand it is that monthly releases are "proof of work". Showing people that the dev is actually working on the game and not just messing about. But I guess all the devs will eventually go to a release every five or six months. Especially if they get shit on like this for monthly releases. The problem with that is that we'll never know if the dev is actually working or we have a gumdrop on our hands.

Dec 28, 2019
I think we're all misreading the characters, she seems to be manipulative and even machiavellic.
While she's definitely manipulative, I don't buy into her being Machiavellian. That strikes me as a misread. She doesn't care about being feared or in maintaining her authority over others.

Almost as if she knew she would be locked in a cage, every word she blurts seems to be calculated.
She didn't know in advance, but the added risk makes it more fun for her so she went along with it. And of course everything she says is calculated. Her current predicament is a fun little twist for a jaded but socially confident immortal struggling with the boredom of immortality. It will make the victory she foresees all the sweeter.

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
I worry though that Sharon's relationship is developed so much as a core part of the game that it would seem pretty difficult story wise to choose someone else over her.
That seems to be the obvious choice and honestly, the one I would choose at this point. Laurie doesn't hold much interest now since she's more or less at the behest of the MC. Carmen is interesting because of her past hunting vampires. None of the other characters are known enough to do anything.

Of greater interest to me is the plot at this point. Where's Merrick? Who or what did MC see in the caves? Why is Astrid there (besides to eff with Sharon). So much going on.

Reactions: c3p0

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
5 episodes are expected. Dev said explicitly that sex is not the focus on this game. At all.
Perfectly good with that since the story is strong. You can have an erotic game or novel without explicit sex. If the sex happens organically in service to the story, all the better.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes