4.10 star(s) 194 Votes
Dec 28, 2019
Astrid is a jaded and hedonistic adrenaline junkie with a death wish. She's perfectly willing to risk death to get what she wants, whether that's her next thrill, vengeance, or even better, both at the same time. I strongly suspect she's less interested in the MC for himself than she is in causing Sharon pain by stealing him away from her, and possibly even turning him against Sharon.

AlfieT84

Dec 22, 2017
Mc is becoming more brainless the farther story progress. Merrick didn't say a single good thing about Frank yet he goes on and leaves frank in bunker alone. And he didn't find it suspicious that frank just found the hideout within seconds which probably even Markus didn't know where was.
There's too much politics involved here. The Nos and Sharon are aligned, not necessarily friends. There's no real good plays to make for MC.

Dec 28, 2019
It's not like Frank gave the MC a choice. What was the MC going to do? Try to force the Nos representative to return to the House? That would have exploded in his face and turned Frank (and probably Markus too) hostile even if he had managed to drag Frank back with him. And then someone would have had to babysit Frank too from that point forward. The MC had the good sense to yield to his "ally" on this one.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
How put on some more authority or pressure on his peers instead of waiting for thing to happen? Dude doesn't think at all. Like the blood doll thing. He just up and went to bring a girl and didn't think about the consequences.
Oh yeah I can see him pulling a Cartman.... RESPECT MY AUTHORITY.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
There is a clear attempt by the Nos, and by Malia/Kassandra to acknowledge who the true boss is in Scottstown. They probably have no clue who he is, but can sense his innate power, which, much like Callisto, means they expect a coupe in Scottstown sooner rather than later.

Frank is going to turn out to be very interesting. Are his visions the same sort as our MC? Are his visions of Tiamat or whomever, driving him the same as the MC is being driven?

Are they different?? Opposing?

We are unliving in interesting times!
Peace

Dec 28, 2019
The cast can be really dumb at times. Locking Astrid up in the same household as Gregor lmao.
On the one hand, we don't know that for certain -yet- as the update ended with Astrid being brought into the house and put in Carmen's old cage in the basement. They could have moved Gregor to a different location immediately afterward. On the other hand I expect that you'll turn out to be right, and it will be as boneheaded an oversight as you surmise. As you've said, the cast can be really dumb at times, so I doubt they'll display any more uncharacteristic intelligence this time than they have in the past. Since the MC doesn't know better, this one will be Sharon's fault, and Andrew's, since they do know better.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
On the one hand, we don't know that for certain -yet- as the update ended with Astrid being brought into the house and put in Carmen's old cage in the basement. They could have moved Gregor to a different location immediately afterward. On the other hand I expect that you'll turn out to be right, and it will be as boneheaded an oversight as you surmise. As you've said, the cast can be really dumb at times, so I doubt they'll display any more uncharacteristic intelligence this time than they have in the past. Since the MC doesn't know better, this one will be Sharon's fault, and Andrew's, since they do know better.
Yeah or Sharon is less naive here as she seems and playing her own game as well. Remember she was able to make powerful friends in Marcius court while being an outcast and knowing she was in danger from him. Just the question is if she takes Astrid for a dangerous enemy or still is blinded by their past. I thought she moved past that, but I could be wrong.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Nopy gives me error 500 file server offline...
been doing that for couple days.

anyways nice update as usual and story advanced a bit and we saw new places, not much about new girl yet, sgt davis has become complete idiot which sooner or later will blow up. small town and no1 notices that some1 builds norad 2 inside cave/ex-mine.

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
Hello everyone, got a query here, My save files have not been showing up since the episode 3 update, its like I have to play game from scratch every time.

My save slots are gone, my stats down to 1 and even my in game name went poof. what's happening here? I play compressed version of this game.

This is what I get when select the save from episode 2 (I also applied the hotfix but still got mirisex error)

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/z_load_save_V2.rpy", line 141, in script
$ choose_load ( 2 )
File "game/z_load_save_V2.rpy", line 141, in <module>
$ choose_load ( 2 )
File "game/z_load_save_V2.rpy", line 116, in choose_load
assign_load ( mp3.gameSave2 )
File "game/z_load_save_V2.rpy", line 75, in assign_load
player_name = load_dict [ 0 ]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
$ choose_load ( 2 )
File "K:\games not played yet\Rebirthep3-ep3up3-pc-comp\Rebirthep3-ep3up3-pc-comp\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "K:\games not played yet\Rebirthep3-ep3up3-pc-comp\Rebirthep3-ep3up3-pc-comp\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
$ choose_load ( 2 )

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Rebirth episode 3 ep3up3
Wed Jun 23 03:41:00 2021
```
When I press Ignore, all my stats are reset to 1, name gone.

Last edited:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Hello everyone, got a query here, My save files have not been showing up since the episode 3 update, its like I have to play game from scratch every time.

My save slots are gone, my stats down to 1 and even my in game name went poof. what's happening here? I play compressed version of this game.

This is what I get when select the save from episode 2 (I also applied the hotfix but still got mirisex error)

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
$ choose_load ( 2 )
$ choose_load ( 2 )

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
$ choose_load ( 2 )
File "K:\games not played yet\Rebirthep3-ep3up3-pc-comp\Rebirthep3-ep3up3-pc-comp\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "K:\games not played yet\Rebirthep3-ep3up3-pc-comp\Rebirthep3-ep3up3-pc-comp\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
$ choose_load ( 2 )

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Rebirth episode 3 ep3up3
Wed Jun 23 03:41:00 2021
```
When I press Ignore, all my stats are reset to 1, name gone.
Maybe you can try ony of these saves from the beginning of EP3:
If you mean a save, you can get one here or maybe also here

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
First of all thanks for the update! Always welcome. I also appreciate the rapid regular updates.

That said, this VN suffers from a couple of problems that, if left unresolved, pretty much eventually doom it.

The developer(s) say "this isn't about sex". Then continually dangle Sharon (and others) before us. So that's puts them to the lie. If it's not about sex then the MC and Sharon should sleep apart, and all the flirting should end. The fact that it hasn't, and has become more prominent, makes it clear that the dev(s) continue to dangle what they claim is not there before us. Fool me once...

Okay set that point aside. If the devs truly believe there's to be no sex in the game then something else has to hold our attention. In this case plot progression. The progression of the plot has become hopelessly slow. Hopelessly slow. Perhaps even retrograde. Compare the ground covered and the character progression in chapter 1 compared to everything in chapter 2 and so far in chapter 3. Things have largely ground to a halt. With nothing to engage the reader (sex) this slow down is not just evident but burdensome.

I enjoy this game, I look forward to its success, and I fully support the dev(s) choice in how they tell their story. However, this game is becoming stagnant and stagnation is something that will kill any game. Word to the wise dev(s), you can only tease and slow roll for so long. It's time for some momentum.

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
You mean that you don't get off on vampire politics? I think many in this thread get off more on that then they would if there was a few more sex scenes in the game. I don't mind it either way. As long as the story is good enough to keep my attention so I don't think about it. It has done a good enough job so far.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes