4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well update ended on near what i joked earlier, not much/any action, plot advanced a bit (babysteps), usual portrait errors and also erroneus text (nothing biggie), usual graphics (besides portraits). nice update overall.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
It's generally a bad idea for a vampire to offer up the mortals/thralls they care about most as vessels to slake a more powerful vampire's thirst. You really don't have any way of stopping those more powerful vampires from doing things to them that you don't like.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was more thinking of Calisto just taking what she wanted. Since she can do her mind fuckery thing and MC is a puppet again like in the temple. She has incredible control over him.

I wouldn't mind that. Astrid could be Mommy Dearest's blood doll as vampire blood has more of a kick to it than mortal blood, and she wouldn't have to worry about becoming thralled to Astrid as long as Astrid didn't survive the experience.

Overall I found this episode uncharacteristically satisfying, which is to say that my usual feeling after playing the monthly update is "That's it?!?!?" The MC has a lot of potentially hazardous balls in the air right now,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That is what i'm hoping for Calisto giving us more insight in to a little bit of her history and that of maybe other creatures in MC's universe
Astrid as blood doll for the Night i think she won't even survive the night. Calisto's thirst would drain Astrid in a undead heartbeat
And since Calisto is so strong i also hope for a little bit that she makes Sharon come to her senses on what Calisto and MC are.

Hi D3xzalias, just for fun I also did a search on links between the name Otilia and vampires. Yes there are numerous hits regarding Ottoman and Slavic and Romanian vampire fantasies, but there is also a blow up 'big boobed vampire sex doll' called Otilai ... so maybe the MC feels that there not enough to satisfy his needs in the harem ... lol.
Like i said i did a quick search. but yes i found the same material about the ottomans and romanian vampires But the sex doll i haven't come across yet. Maybe a deeper dive into google is needed

Last edited:

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Honestly, we should be more afraid of what Vamp mommy is gonna do to Laurie if she acts out like she's been doing to Sharon, because unlike Sharon, Calisto does not seem like a being who tolerates that unless she finds it amusing, in which she'd let the being live if only to find some enjoyment. Then add in how if Calisto wants Laurie, there's literally nothing mc can do to stop her on that front.
I don't see that occurring as Laurie is in a rivalry with Sharron for his attention. Calisto is an unknown and is not perceived as an amorous threat.... MAYBE.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
I don't see that occurring as Laurie is in a rivalry with Sharron for his attention. Calisto is an unknown and is not perceived as an amorous threat.... MAYBE.
You are not entirely correct with that statement. Since Laurie is thralled to MC, She only has eyes for MC. So any woman showing affection or other things becomes competition for her. Yes it's not that bad as the Gregor guy But subconsciously it will still affect her. So Calisto is competition to her

Reactions: FunFuntomes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Also Merrick seems to suffer from the same affliction as frank but not as strong since he can still somewhat control himself!
i wonder if the MC can also sense whats underneath because he is half Nos in accordance with some of his powers? or his auspex thing is just that strong?

i suspect that whatever the MC was created for Calisto will force the MC down there to confront whatever it is down there!
I suspect that Merrick has become a threat. Perhaps controlled by whatever creature the MC saw in his vision. His behavior is similar to Frank's but different, and he's the only one we've seen in the tunnels away from wherever the creature is. If the MC is going to be attacked in the "bunker", at this point Merrick seems the only prospect. But, other than likesblonds, who knows?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Warscared

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You are not entirely correct with that statement. Since Laurie is thralled to MC, She only has eyes for MC. So any woman showing affection or other things becomes competition for her. Yes it's not that bad as the Gregor guy But subconsciously it will still affect her. So Calisto is competition to her
Yeah but I am pretty sure C will also know that is how it works with thralls. So she would not get upset about that, she has seen it likely a thousand times by now. Amused maybe and if cruel may even play it up to annoy Laurie or use it in another way for her goals and purposes. Laurie is basically a gnat to her as her Childe's thrall and her only value or importance is she belongs to her childe that she can control anyway. :p (Now if MC would turn her, that might change due to her long term power potential then from her and MC's blood, but not now).

Now when she finds out VG is also playing MC, that might make her jealous depending on her relation with VG, if any. VG is for sure someone that can rival her power and role with MC. :p

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I don't have the vampire pedigree in reference to the lore but I do have a bit of knowledge when it comes to mythology. I may be reading something into the storyline that isn't there but I believe that LikesBlonds has thrown us a bone in reguard to the identity of the creature from the black lagoon.

I am aware of the expectation of it being Ereshkgal from ancient Sumerian lore, but I want to throw out another option. One that frank through his babbling may have reveled when he spoke of Merrick. himself, Marcus, and then Ophelia. It seems to show a definitive hierarchy, even the MC commented on that very possibility... So who is Ophelia.

Ophelia or more correctly Ophalia was the goddess of the other people talking about misfits. those castigated or shunned. the Goddess of sorrows, time, rivers and rain. She also has powers of transformation through the act of drowning. and her colors are both blue and blackish with green tints in her appearance. These colors were found when looking at this creature. It may be coincidence, or maybe not.

Both Merrick and Frank were seen in great distress having their minds totally skewed saying the same thing drip, drip, drip talking about her watery realm. I see Ophalia as the progenitor of the Nos clan and I see her created as a Methuselah. Bad to the bone but not to the level of Vision Girl. The fact that MC had the vision of both Laurie and Shannon in the water and somehow is worried about Laurie drowning. The very means by which Ophalia transforms her victims is also too much of a coincidence.

Just some thing to think over and comment on it if you would I would like to know if I'm drinking the Kool-aide or not.
I think I am missing something. I have no issue with alternate theories at all! But...
The name Frank said was not Ophilia/Ophalia. It was Otilia Did I miss something that states that those are synonymous?
Marcus being the child of a god would be more powerful than Calisto, well at least a progenitor god. I am sure that Calisto's sire is godlike also, just not VG or possibly big Ughs godlike. *remember VG wanted us to not look there! I think Marcus is at a minimum the same distance from their progenitor as Calisto, but actually, I do not think he is in that class of bad assedness.

I think we shall have an exciting update however. We are closing down another year soon. Hard to believe!!!
If they take a holiday again in December, then we only have 2 updates left in this Chapter/Episode. We have a lot of revelations and at least some kicking of ass projected for this chapter, leading into next year.
I am looking forward to it, even if it takes us closer to the end of one of my favorite obsessions.
Peace gang!

Reactions: D3xzalias

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Marcus being the child of a god would be more powerful than Calisto, well at least a progenitor god. I am sure that Calisto's sire is godlike also, just not VG or possibly big Ughs godlike. *remember VG wanted us to not look there! I think Marcus is at a minimum the same distance from their progenitor as Calisto, but actually, I do not think he is in that class of bad assedness.
when the archon's thugs arrived to take MC and Sharon to the hearing, they ran away seeing Marcus because he is known to have diablerized someone, if he did snack down on a 2-3rd generation, the other elders would try to grant him his final death out of feer/gread. So snacking down, Marcus would be permitted to live undisturbed, if he was the same as the elder with the highest generation keeping them in a mexican standoff. so if we assume that Sharon is 10th gen, and the pompous asshat of a Roland is 6th, Marcus can be easily between 7-8
and at least some kicking of ass projected for this chapter,
what I'm expecting from the remaining part of this episode are:
1) Calisto teaching MC the full extent of his powers (she promised something akin to this when they last spoke) and hopefully even blood magic, because why not? The training would deplate a decent chunk of Calisto's vitae and thus the need for blood dolls, and depending on the choices made previously she would feed on the humans in the house (carmen as food) or (if carmen's romance path is active) would make MC fetch her some "food" from somewhere, so MC would have to use his skills while Calisto would rate him.Carmen helps as bait and Calisto orders MC tp turm her. This point decides the fate of Carmen.
2) while MC is training with Calisto, the princeps arrives to pass judgment on Astrid, obviously her allies interceded in her favor but MC doesn't know about it and he either helps her escape (if Astrid's romance is active) and has to aswer for that to the princeps or Astrid escapes on her own, in the process attacking Laurie (both cases) and Sharon has to turn Laurie (with the princep's permission or without it). Roland is furious at the MC for letting Astrid escape and at the Laurie's situation if he was against her embrace. Calisto shows up and tells MC to kill Roland.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
when the archon's thugs arrived to take MC and Sharon to the hearing, they ran away seeing Marcus because he is known to have diablerized someone, if he did snack down on a 2-3rd generation, the other elders would try to grant him his final death out of feer/gread. So snacking down, Marcus would be permitted to live undisturbed, if he was the same as the elder with the highest generation keeping them in a mexican standoff. so if we assume that Sharon is 10th gen, and the pompous asshat of a Roland is 6th, Marcus can be easily between 7-8

what I'm expecting from the remaining part of this episode are:
1) Calisto teaching MC the full extent of his powers (she promised something akin to this when they last spoke) and hopefully even blood magic, because why not? The training would deplate a decent chunk of Calisto's vitae and thus the need for blood dolls, and depending on the choices made previously she would feed on the humans in the house (carmen as food) or (if carmen's romance path is active) would make MC fetch her some "food" from somewhere, so MC would have to use his skills while Calisto would rate him.Carmen helps as bait and Calisto orders MC tp turm her. This point decides the fate of Carmen.
2) while MC is training with Calisto, the princeps arrives to pass judgment on Astrid, obviously her allies interceded in her favor but MC doesn't know about it and he either helps her escape (if Astrid's romance is active) and has to aswer for that to the princeps or Astrid escapes on her own, in the process attacking Laurie (both cases) and Sharon has to turn Laurie (with the princep's permission or without it). Roland is furious at the MC for letting Astrid escape and at the Laurie's situation if he was against her embrace. Calisto shows up and tells MC to kill Roland.
I like where your head is at here!
Peace

OLD7TaZz

Jun 17, 2019
has anyone got a save so i dont have to play through episode 1 and 2 again i am sick of have to start from the very beginning

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
has anyone got a save so i dont have to play through episode 1 and 2 again i am sick of have to start from the very beginning
I am absolutely not being an ass, or at least not meaning to be an ass. Why do people not save their own play throughs? Additionally, why would you want someone else's character? The scores do matter. Why play someone else's game and not your own? You wouldn't have to start from the beginning if you copy your persistent save elsewhere to keep it safe. Even if you delete the game to save space between play throughs.
Peace.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I am absolutely not being an ass, or at least not meaning to be an ass. Why do people not save their own play throughs? Additionally, why would you want someone else's character? The scores do matter. Why play someone else's game and not your own? You wouldn't have to start from the beginning if you copy your persistent save elsewhere to keep it safe. Even if you delete the game to save space between play throughs.
Peace.
Saves get corrupted, and they get corrupted DURING play because they have to be written to, to become corrupted. Sure outside of those issues, ideally we all practice sound backup procedures. In the real world, including corporations, maybe 20%-25% of systems actually backup critical data in a recoverable way. It used to be around 10%, but various builtin automated backup mechanisms have substantially improved things.

It's important to realize that a standardized back up process isn't worth spit unless it's tested regularly. I was at a fortune 10 tech company who discovered their "best practices industry standard" backup system had to go back 45 days to find a useable set of backups, as opposed to the 8 hour window that it was supposed to provide.

As an aside question. When's the last time you verified that your saved game backups were actually useable?

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Saves get corrupted, and they get corrupted DURING play because they have to be written to, to become corrupted. Sure outside of those issues, ideally we all practice sound backup procedures. In the real world, including corporations, maybe 20%-25% of systems actually backup critical data in a recoverable way. It used to be around 10%, but various builtin automated backup mechanisms have substantially improved things.

It's important to realize that a standardized back up process isn't worth spit unless it's tested regularly. I was at a fortune 10 tech company who discovered their "best practices industry standard" backup system had to go back 45 days to find a useable set of backups, as opposed to the 8 hour window that it was supposed to provide.

As an aside question. When's the last time you verified that your saved game backups were actually useable?
That is a very good question.
For most games.... it has been a while. I had not considered what you mentioned.
I would say more than 6m-1year... that could well spell disaster.
On the other hand, I am not sure I would want someone else picking my options, which would force me to replay the game. I guess I am more ok with that than most people though. I retract my comment, or would, I will stand corrected rather. That way your comment makes sense and not out of context. Thanks
Peace

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
So update-
I have gone back and corrected chapter 3 for egregious typos and grammar. I am going to double check it before sending to LikesBlondes and Ptolemy. They have a release for their next tier supporters this weekend. I would think that this will trickle down in some mysterious fashion to here sometime early next week.
I am not messing with their programming yet, so if the icons are still off or the renders do not match that is still on the guys. I have given them heads up on those errors already and will do so again when I submit the corrected dialogues.
Peace ya Bloodsuckers

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Ahh I need a little help.. So I'm currently playing this on android, have all three episodes installed and i completed episode 1 but when I tried playing episode 2 it says I haven't completed episode 1..how do I get the save from Ep1 to be recognized on Ep2?.. In android btw

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes