4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
do spartan mothers and fathers love their children any less?
Yes they love them less, or perhaps they love their warrior culture more. Even in Sparta, the young are not left to die. They are inserted into a test monitored by others. They are not abandoned. Harsh as it may have been their young were cared for, or perhaps looked after is a more accurate description.

Abandonment is not a test. It is abandonment and uncaring by definition. But as I said perhaps the MC's situation was not as presented in EP1, and Callisto knew he'd survive. Hell perhaps Callisto somehow arranged Sharon's intervention without her knowledge.

My point is until the truth of this is revealed, there is little reason to believe that Callisto gave a crap about the MC when she transformed him, and maybe that hasn't changed.

Reactions: BigStuffedTiger
Dec 28, 2019
Yes they love them less, or perhaps they love their warrior culture more. Even in Sparta, the young are not left to die. They are inserted into a test monitored by others. They are not abandoned. Harsh as it may have been their young were cared for, or perhaps looked after is a more accurate description.

Abandonment is not a test. It is abandonment and uncaring by definition. But as I said perhaps the MC's situation was not as presented in EP1, and Callisto knew he'd survive. Hell perhaps Callisto somehow arranged Sharon's intervention without her knowledge.

My point is until the truth of this is revealed, there is little reason to believe that Callisto gave a crap about the MC when she transformed him, and maybe that hasn't changed.
I have yet to see any evidence that Callisto views the MC as anything more than entertainment. Perhaps she'll eventually form some sort of emotional attachment, but that has not yet occurred. Gven the type of game this is, I wouldn't hold my breath that it would be anything other than highly dysfunctional, something akin to the warped affection a decadent Roman noblewoman feels towards her favorite gladiator as long as he keeps winning (and surviving).

Reactions: UncleFredo

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
1- Calisto is a love interest. Sorry if some here dislike the use of that term but fact is fact.
2- Sharon was ordered to go watch after the MC by Marcius, who was no doubt directed to do so by the Queen of the City Calisto.
3- UncleFredo I know you like to present yourself as an authority here, but please, if you are going to do so, at least get the facts correct.
She cares, whether she was forced to care because of Inanna or did it on her own is the sole fact that has yet to be revealed.
Peace

Reactions: andrew david irving

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
do spartan mothers and fathers love their children any less? he was put to the test to see what came out of it!

i do wonder if you diablirize a childe without that child developing its powers do we get its powers as if it was mature? if so then yes it was a bit negligent if not that`s the best way to separate the wheat from the commies!
So Diablerie

For purposes of "Generation" which is implied but not specifically outlined here, yes you get the benefit without the said childe developing. (in VtM certain elders would create childer and feed them to loyal followers as a reward for their service)

As to gifts, it is possible it might grant the clan specific gifts of the blood, whether or not the victim expressed them or not.

Since she never really threw him to the wolves, it is a moot point.

As for vampires being able to just sense the more powerful blood, unless a vampire has a gift like the Thaumaturges might have and the Tremere of VtM did have, which gave the bloodline details and generation, then it would rely on super senses to smell potent blood through blood sweat or whatever, which would not give generational info, just that the blood is strong, hence the feral Nos smelling the MC blood.

So mentioning her..... The Feral Nos... What if she is what Nos are supposed to be like.........? And proximity to their founder drove her and the other Nos of Scottstown to feral nature? Or failing that, perhaps she had willpower enough to resist going into the cave? I doubt the second, I think the first might have merit. Hence Marcus' reluctance so far to come to Scottstown, as he probably does know what is buried there.

Just saying..
Peace

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Rebirth [Ep. 3 Update 7] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 2.34 GB
Original Size Mac: 2.32 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 141 MB: MEGA
Compressed Size Mac: 124 MB: MEGA

If you want to create a MEGA Account use this link: Mega

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
Mega link is down.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Mega suspended 2 of my accounts, one with the links the other while I was uploading the new compressed versions
Workupload is def not as fast as Mega or Nopy was, but it is reliable, no shitty things or limits and speed is compared to most pretty good. About half of that of Nopy was overall. Another reasonable option to use.

Reactions: andrew david irving

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
1- Calisto is a love interest. Sorry if some here dislike the use of that term but fact is fact.
2- Sharon was ordered to go watch after the MC by Marcius, who was no doubt directed to do so by the Queen of the City Calisto.
3- UncleFredo I know you like to present yourself as an authority here, but please, if you are going to do so, at least get the facts correct.
She cares, whether she was forced to care because of Inanna or did it on her own is the sole fact that has yet to be revealed.
Peace
I neither claim to be nor consider myself to be an authority about this or any other VN on which I comment. Other than those in which I report issues or offer factual excerpts, my comments reflect only my opinion.

Reactions: Arigon

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I don't like Callisto last scene when she goes full old vampire. She's hot indeed, only Carmen is near in that regard but at the same time she's a really old twisted vampire it seems. That means a lot of problems in a relationship because she's way above the MC level.
On the other hand Sharon is a young vampire, she cares for the MC, humanity and so on. I think she's the best candidate for a long term relationship with our MC. The only one better for the role is Laurie cause the childhood friendship and her love for the MC.
So if I can I would pick Sharon as partner, Laurie and Carmen as sex pets and Callisto as long distant relationship.

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Mega and Nopy... in like a week of each other.
While this won't affect my three fav games as I am a patron, nor will it affect some others I bought on steam.... this sucks.

strel1

Oct 16, 2020
Is Mega going down?
I mean I can still download games through them.
Or is it specific for this site?

But if you guys are right and Mega is shutting down.
Well, that is kind a sad.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Is Mega going down?
I mean I can still download games through them.
Or is it specific for this site?

But if you guys are right and Mega is shutting down.
Well, that is kind a sad.
Nahh mega is not going down it banned someones account that uses it to upload his compressed versions of games

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
Played this game except for the 2 last updates in season 3.

Have to say it was very interesting and i was glued to the screen until the middle of the second season. I was thinking "damn......this would make an interesting TV-series or movie even, the quality is so good it doesn´t even need erotic in it".

But about the middle in the second season i had the feeling the dev ran out of ideas or an interesting direction where the whole thing should go to. It was just move from one place to the other, and back, and back to the city and repeat without anything meaningful, mysterious or interesting happening. Feels a little like the original writer left and some random dude keeps the story going with meaningless fillers till (hopefully) the original writer comes back. :)

I don´t try to piss anybody off, it was just what i observed - and i was kinda surprised from a 9.5 out of 10 game at the beginning to a 3 out of 10 from the middle of season 2.

Am i right? Wrong? Anybody else felt the same, or is it just me? And did it get better in the last 2 updates or is it still just cruising at the same slow pace..... ?

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Played this game except for the 2 last updates in season 3.

Have to say it was very interesting and i was glued to the screen until the middle of the second season. I was thinking "damn......this would make an interesting TV-series or movie even, the quality is so good it doesn´t even need erotic in it".

But about the middle in the second season i had the feeling the dev ran out of ideas or an interesting direction where the whole thing should go to. It was just move from one place to the other, and back, and back to the city and repeat without anything meaningful, mysterious or interesting happening. Feels a little like the original writer left and some random dude keeps the story going with meaningless fillers till (hopefully) the original writer comes back. :)

I don´t try to piss anybody off, it was just what i observed - and i was kinda surprised from a 9.5 out of 10 game at the beginning to a 3 out of 10 from the middle of season 2.

Am i right? Wrong? Anybody else felt the same, or is it just me? And did it get better in the last 2 updates or is it still just cruising at the same slow pace..... ?
From my perspective the problem is that the pace of the story slowed to a that of a glacier. If you think about how the story moved in Ep1 compared to Ep2 and then Ep3, more progress was made, with regard to the personal journey of the MC in Ep1 than the rest of the episodes. I understand that the writers thought it important to flesh out a lot of the vampiric society, but that really doesn't move the MC's personal evolution.

A lot of fans of VtM follow this story and they are wrapped up in all the nuances, but if you happen to be like me and are just reading/playing this VN without any attachment to or knowledge of VtM there's an awful lot of detailed background that could have been handled in a few screens.

Still I very much enjoy this VN.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I think it is fair to say it slowed down. I also agree with UncleFredo that it was fleshing out things. The fact is that the developers have used VtM as an inspiration for how vampiric society is in their story. It is different enough that it doesn't infringe on exclusivity clauses, but it does take inspiration.

Saying that, it is a necessary evil to make things have a certain... tension I guess would be the right word. Some say it slowed too much, others love what was going on. Personally, I am in the love category. I do understand that some folks do not have that same experience. I think that as we see the wrap up of this episode early next year, and we enter episode 4, we will be seeing a bit more activity. The MC does have a role to play in what is coming for the climax of the story. We are not necessarily going to see more lewdness, but I wouldn't rule it completely out of the realm of possibility, or even likelihood.

I believe we are going to see some "breaking bad", vampire style, pretty soon. I am not basing that on any special insight that I have. I am just thinking about what I believe will have to go down before we see the main event. That requires some cleaning house of some of the trash that is currently in it! :D

Peace

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
I like Rebirth a lot, but the plot is a extreme slow burn.
Well, i don´t need nonstop-action....... i don´t mind slow burn if it means more atmosphere and tension or mystery or interesting build up to something. But in this case, i think the fire is out :-(

Until the middle of season 2 it was something like: Wow, what´s this? Who´s that? Wow, interesting relationship! How is this going to play out, what he´s going to do, what´s going to happen? I wanna know!

After middle of season 2 it was something like: oh, come on...now they´re going back to the city again....yawn......now they´re sitting in a car and have a meaningless convo.......yawn..... oh no, now they´re talking about furniture.......
It´s like you´re waiting for the punchline of the joke, but it never comes, instead somebody is reading his shopping list instead.

Are the last 2 updates the same? If so, i´m afraid it would be a waste of time for me.

Reactions: Drafox
Mar 28, 2018
Hi JokerLeader, sorry to hear that Mega suspended your accounts, did they give any reason for that. FYI, just tested the Mega download links for some other games on F95 are they still ok, so (unlike Nopy) it is not clear what the problem is. Also, am I right in thinking that Mega now uses end-to-end encryption to avoid litigation, so they would not know about your/one's content anyway.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes