4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I don't think most players want to fuck Sharon over per se, I like Sharon a lot myself the problem being that at this point in the story Sharon needs to realize that MC is the true power in scottstown and not her. He's at that point where he no longer needs to obey Sharon with regards to big decisions.
I generally like Sharon a lot.
Even though both her and Andrew were acting like idiots during Callisto's visit, which I wasn't too keen on seeing.

I think with Sharon, her biggest issue is her pride & ego.
Pride & ego was what made her take the not so smart decision of challenging Callisto (despite her being one of the elder), which MC has been warning her time and time again.

And I'd assume also pride is part of the reason why she gets upset and even resentful towards MC (if player chooses to hand Astrid over to Callisto), although a huge part of it's to do with MC basically going behind her back breaking her her trust also.

Unless she deals with her pride and ego, I don't think she'll accept that MC is the true power, and she just got the Archon seat thanks to Callisto pulling some strings for her favored "lamb" (i.e. MC), despite being told that it's not due to her own merit that she got the Archon seat.

Also, while I think one part of the issue is Sharon's pride and ego getting in the way of accepting MC as the true power of Scottstown, the other part of it likely has to do with MC's personality.
From what we've seen of MC sofar, he's more of a type to delegate a lot of Archon matters to Sharon rather than take charge of matters himself, so I don't know how that will all play into as a factor.

Reactions: D Dog

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hi all,
First, I think I reported all the render errors this morning. That is not my department pre release but I spoke with LB this morning on them. They will be corrected and either released before the $5.00 tier release next Sunday or by
next Sunday.

Speaking sprites have also been reported.

Logical error was noted as well, as in my canon playthrough I kept the secret and thus Markus is supposed to share more info.

A couple of unmentioned errors were noted as well.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
semi ranty post follows, not because of D3xzalias post, but some other's posts.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Peace gang!

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
Guys I was looking through the last update and it seems they missed a variable in the loading of the save. I've let them know about it.

Here is a fix for it, the variable may be important later, I don't know to be honest.
You will just have to "Start" the game again, pick you save file, and just speedrun it to the end of the update and save again.
( it is important that your save from Part 3 had the fixed file to save your game correctly too. )

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I generally like Sharon a lot.
Even though both her and Andrew were acting like idiots during Callisto's visit, which I wasn't too keen on seeing.

I think with Sharon, her biggest issue is her pride & ego.
Pride & ego was what made her take the not so smart decision of challenging Callisto (despite her being one of the elder), which MC has been warning her time and time again.

And I'd assume also pride is part of the reason why she gets upset and even resentful towards MC (if player chooses to hand Astrid over to Callisto), although a huge part of it's to do with MC basically going behind her back breaking her her trust also.

Unless she deals with her pride and ego, I don't think she'll accept that MC is the true power, and she just got the Archon seat thanks to Callisto pulling some strings for her favored "lamb" (i.e. MC), despite being told that it's not due to her own merit that she got the Archon seat.

Also, while I think one part of the issue is Sharon's pride and ego getting in the way of accepting MC as the true power of Scottstown, the other part of it likely has to do with MC's personality.
From what we've seen of MC sofar, he's more of a type to delegate a lot of Archon matters to Sharon rather than take charge of matters himself, so I don't know how that will all play into as a factor.
MC isn't officially archon. Their co-archon understanding is more of a personal thing between them. Sharon and Astrid were past lovers. She obviously still has a soft spot for her and doesn't want her to get mind fucked by Calisto. Sharon is prideful but also full of self doubt. She understands the real game already. She knows it didn't make sense for her to become archon at this stage based on just her influence and achievements. MC already confirmed it with her. She also has a needy side where she wants validation from MC and wants him to nurture her. She already understands that MC is on par or even above her at this time, but wouldn't outright admit it. She is a probably the character with the most depth in this story so far considering every other character (save for maybe Carmen) is one dimensional.

The dev is trying really hard to cut down on routes. It's unfortunate, but that's just how this game is designed. We don't see any persistent changes in Sharon's character or relationship with the MC. We just get a few alterations when the variable is called, but she goes back to the common script and follows the same progression, it seems. I remember reading someone's post a while back about the ramifications of the dev's coding and design choices. The game is essentially entirely "on the rails" and it will likely remain so until very far into the game. Major plot altering characters cannot be subjected to the players whims, as that will lead to branching. This is pretty much why Laurie is a nonfactor in the story since she is "marked for death" by that one variable. That's why Carmen doesn't really do anything since the player can romance her or not. If the Astrid choice doesn't merge back into a common plot thread, we can expect her character to be relegated to unimportant side stories that can safely be skipped. It looks like Sharon's reaction to that choice is already merged into the common route. That's not to say that the variable will be meaningless. It will most likely be called at certain points when the dev wants Sharon to react to it again, and it might even factor into a major branching down the line if the dev is ready to implment such a thing (For example, an extremely unlikely example of a huge branch might be Sharon betraying you vs staying by your side). The more likely scenario would be to just move on and let Sharon forget how mad she was about it for the majority of the script and maybe just call it for some flavor dialogues or minor alterations in events that merge back into common route again.

I started replying to your Sharon pride line of discussion, but it kinda went way off into a tangent. Sorry lol.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
She is a probably the character with the most depth in this story so far considering every other character (save for maybe Carmen) is one dimensional.
The first two episodes were basically a Sharon romance story. The weird thing is that it's impossible to pinpoint exactly when that changed. I feel like a lot of the story progression happened through fan speculation rather than in game.
Like e.g. blaming Sharon for not sucking up to Calisto. It's weird how people were rooting for this unknown character that left the PC for dead the last time she showed up at the very start of the story. I remember my PC telling Sharon that he wants to kill Calisto for what she did to him, because that made the most sense to me. But now he pretty much did a 180 on his feelings without any player feedback.
To me it seems like people are very much into the idea of playing as a powerful vampire and they know how that's supposed to go from the source material, but that isn't really reflected in the plot of the game (yet). The PC has all but replaced Sharon, but hasn't actually proven himself, yet. It's just that the players know outside of the game that he is supposed to be very powerful.
Sharon has been established to not be a fighter very early on, but this has never stopped her before. Not sure what has changed about that fact, because it was never explained in game.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
any1 know way to clone person? 1 would stay home and play games updates and other would goto work.
tried that shit once... the motherfucker kicked my shit and left and he created quite a few debts until i tracked him down and shoot him well dead... cause of death was declared suicide!

cause you clone something without your previous broken bones and your traumas when you fight he has the advantage of not feeling pain as bad as you and experience is a poor substitute for when mass plus acelaration is what you need!

the experience allows you to plan and him being you without your current fears enables you to set a trap! plus since you have been established for longer you have better weapons!

• Haha
Reactions: Nulldev and cxx

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't think most players want to fuck Sharon over per se, I like Sharon a lot myself the problem being that at this point in the story Sharon needs to realize that MC is the true power in scottstown and not her. He's at that point where he no longer needs to obey Sharon with regards to big decisions.
MC doesn't have the knowledge, connections or experience to be a "power" in anything yet.

Without Sharon he would have been torn apart and fed on by worse vamps out there.

He is a long way from being ready to be a leader.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
The first two episodes were basically a Sharon romance story. The weird thing is that it's impossible to pinpoint exactly when that changed. I feel like a lot of the story progression happened through fan speculation rather than in game.
Like e.g. blaming Sharon for not sucking up to Calisto. It's weird how people were rooting for this unknown character that left the PC for dead the last time she showed up at the very start of the story. I remember my PC telling Sharon that he wants to kill Calisto for what she did to him, because that made the most sense to me. But now he pretty much did a 180 on his feelings without any player feedback.
I think for me, I always liked and still like Sharon, and while I like Calisto as a character I do like Sharon to more degree.
Despite that, I just think it was a very poor decision from Sharon in regarding how she reacted to Calisto (whether giving her respect as an Elder, or sucking up, whichever term is appropriate lol).
And I remember at least couple of instances before Calisto's arrival where my MC asked Sharon to behave herself and don't let her ego get in the way (not sure if it were those exact words, but something similar).

But when Calisto arrived, Sharon literally threw MC's advice all out of the window and actively behaved in a way which challenged Calisto (and Andrew was no better, he was basically fueling her ego from the side).
So when Calisto used her mojo on Sharon, I wasn't really surprised. She basically played with fire and got burned.

So I don't think blaming Sharon was my exact reaction when that all happened (since my MC kissed Calisto's hand and got off unscathed, knowing she's much more powerful than MC). More along the lines of "Oh well Sharon, it's a tough pill to swallow but I hope that's lesson learned for you, to not mess around with beings more powerful than you." with a shrug.

Too bad Andrew was still acting like an idiot even after that whole endeavor with the blowtorch gun (or whatever that is called) lol.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think for me, I always liked and still like Sharon, and while I like Calisto as a character I do like Sharon to more degree.
Despite that, I just think it was a very poor decision from Sharon in regarding how she reacted to Calisto (whether giving her respect as an Elder, or sucking up, whichever term is appropriate lol).
And I remember at least couple of instances before Calisto's arrival where my MC asked Sharon to behave herself and don't let her ego get in the way (not sure if it were those exact words, but something similar).

But when Calisto arrived, Sharon literally threw MC's advice all out of the window and actively behaved in a way which challenged Calisto (and Andrew was no better, he was basically fueling her ego from the side).
So when Calisto used her mojo on Sharon, I wasn't really surprised. She basically played with fire and got burned.

So I don't think blaming Sharon was my exact reaction when that all happened (since my MC kissed Calisto's hand and got off unscathed, knowing she's much more powerful than MC). More along the lines of "Oh well Sharon, it's a tough pill to swallow but I hope that's lesson learned for you, to not mess around with beings more powerful than you." with a shrug.

Too bad Andrew was still acting like an idiot even after that whole endeavor with the blowtorch gun (or whatever that is called) lol.
My only thoughts were, if that's how silly she acts towards momma vamp then granny is probably gonna have Sharon Soufflé when she turns up.

ThunderStruck

Dec 1, 2017
Walkthrough for Rebirth! Thank you to Qleaf for teaching me all I know without asking anything in return.

Edit: Updated to Ep. 4 Up 1

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:
In your latest walkthrough update that one choice we have in episode 4 there is variable [SoulStainMiri] for "Yes", but the talk is about Ivy. Miri is that cop girl if I'm not mistaken. Can you please check this. Thanks

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
MC doesn't have the knowledge, connections or experience to be a "power" in anything yet.

Without Sharon he would have been torn apart and fed on by worse vamps out there.

And yet dependent on how you work it if Sharron saves Laurie and then dies in this process then what of the Archonship. Who would be the replacement if one at all. Whatever transpires down in the cave the MC will surely need to up his game in the future. He could suffer loss as he has never known as yet. How would that change his character... Will he still maintain that cocky swagger or will he be introspective seeing his conditional immortality.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I have a question... If in fact Laurie is turned after being a thrall will that binding still have effect or will she again have free will.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019

MC has shown in the past common sense that Sharron refused to take due to her perceived position. He has grown alot in these last 3 chapters. I do see very powerful vamp's as you say taking a vested interest in you. I promise that Callisto will take notice of the fact that several vampires are to have their hat handed to them, including you. True in the beginning Sharron was needed for protection but He has outgrown her and she knows it too. This chapter #4. is where our MC comes into his own and steps up to take control of his life. Not to be overshadowed by anyone again.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Not to be overshadowed by anyone again.
He's not even on the ladder of influential or powerful vampires yet.

Not to mention no vampire, regardless of power, is untouchable. There are ALWAYS other vamps looking to kill you and take your power.

Granny hasn't even arrived on the scene yet and she's the elder one and I promise you hun, MC aint anywhere near close to her power.

We've barely scratched the surface of their world and he's nowhere near the top of the food chain, in the grand scheme of things he's still a nobody.

I have a question... If in fact Laurie is turned after being a thrall will that binding still have effect or will she again have free will.
If Laurie gets turned she will no longer be bound.

Reactions: operamini

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
At this point, it's definitely too early to tell what ramifications will come from the last major choice. On the one hand, keeping Astrid could become far worse overall, posing as a means to manipulate Sharon and cause problems for mc and those around him (since it's obvious that Sharon still has strong romantic feelings for Astrid). On the other hand, backstabbing Sharon like that can lead to some problems in the coming updates that leads to potentially getting specific characters killed in retaliation for handing Astrid over to Calisto.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I misspoke I agree with you that in no way would he ever come close to mama or granny. But the MC is an unknown entity as of yet. But after the cave I think not so much. You failed to read the statement in my previous comment to your quote or you failed to register it about his finite immortality. As I was saying chapter 4 is where his rise in stature takes place. He won't be alone in that cave and will have numerous witnesses to his power. Our MC is at a point that he can start to hold his own I don't see him becoming someone's snack anymore in a one on one. Virgil may be the only exception... Maybe.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes