4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
usual update, short, plot advancing bit, no sex, some funnies.

scrshots:

1. you can't even imagine, 3. like a baby, 4. andrew's brother? 6. - 8. uh-oh, 9. always well prepared (prolly sleeps with it).

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0005.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0007.png screenshot0008.png screenshot0009.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0011.png screenshot0012.png

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
loaded what save? ep3 save or save made at end of ep3?
I started a new game and selected my save from previous episode and got a error and now my MC has no name and Stealth 1, Charisma 1 and Prowess 1.
It doesn't matter, I lost interest in this one. It's been coming for a while. It just goes on and on and on update after update of talking and talking... Btw what's even the point of those stats? I don't even remember if they were useful in previous episodes...
Anyway, Let me know how it ends.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I started a new game and selected my save from previous episode and got a error and now my MC has no name and Stealth 1, Charisma 1 and Prowess 1.
It doesn't matter, I lost interest in this one. It's been coming for a while. It just goes on and on and on update after update of talking and talking... Btw what's even the point of those stats? I don't even remember if they were useful in previous episodes...
Anyway, Let me know how it ends.
ah that bug, it happens occasionally. you can use saveeditor to restore stats and name.

they are useful on few scenes like need charisma to get blood dolls.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
JJJ84 Even MC "cousin", Fabian gives a few pointers that MC mommy is someone you should not mess with.

Also, Sharon is not a vampire infant. I hoped she learned how to dance in this ballroom that we called vampire society. I would believe one of the very first lesson would be, don't test anyome, you don't know. With vampires around you, that could end you in snatch (eg. Markus in case of Sharon), you don't try to cross them.

First I assume, you would test the waters, but Sharon went "I'm Archon, you not, you will bow before me" full. She doesn't know Calisto, doesn't have heard of her before and doesn't know anything about here if it wasn't for what the MC have told her.
It does shows, that she know that she shouldn't be Archon and is at this time only a pawn on the board. She knows someone have arranged it and she is trying to hold on something she knows (her tiny Archon title , the vampire knowledge she might have and the MC - hell even Astrid).

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Guys I was looking through the last update and it seems they missed a variable in the loading of the save. I've let them know about it.

Here is a fix for it, the variable may be important later, I don't know to be honest.
You will just have to "Start" the game again, pick you save file, and just speedrun it to the end of the update and save again.
( it is important that your save from Part 3 had the fixed file to save your game correctly too. )
which var is it ?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
JJJ84 Even MC "cousin", Fabian gives a few pointers that MC mommy is someone you should not mess with.

Also, Sharon is not a vampire infant. I hoped she learned how to dance in this ballroom that we called vampire society. I would believe one of the very first lesson would be, don't test anyome, you don't know. With vampires around you, that could end you in snatch (eg. Markus in case of Sharon), you don't try to cross them.

First I assume, you would test the waters. But Sharon went "I'm Archon, you not, you will bow before me" full. She doesn't know Calisto, doesn't have heard of her before and doesn't know anything about here if it wasn't for what the MC have told her.
It does shows, that she know that she shouldn't be Archon and is at this time only a pawn on the board. She knows someone have arranged it and she is trying to hold on something she knows (her tinny Archon title , the vampire knowledge she might have and the MC - hell even Astrid).
Yeah, after posting I remembered Fabian, and thought about adding that point as well but got too lazy and decided not to because the post was already long enough (but in retrospect, perhaps I should have, considering this thread is no stranger to long theory/debate/discussion with the posts, heh)

Information MC gets from Fabian further adds to the my point that it's not just the player who was aware that Calisto is a powerful, MC also understands this too. And he indirectly conveyed a lot of information he receives to Sharon.

So she really should have know better.
But instead, she basically let Calisto get in her head, due to her pride and ego.

lol every time I look at their exchange with that visit, I think it's like a kitty cat vs tiger situation :ROFLMAO:

original.png

YoukoKurama

Nov 29, 2017
I don't understand why you keep on insisting that I'm "blaming" Sharon, when I clearly said before that I'm not.
I can only blame Sharon if as result of her actions my MC somehow suffered physically or mentally, and that's not what happened in Calisto's visit case.
... not quoting this whole thing...
I agree completely, like Sharon obviously never believed the MC when he tried to tell her about the powers and weird shit going on, she never had a reason to really so it makes sense she brushed it off; now after Calisto you'd think she'd be a little more humble about the whole thing, maybe listen a little more carefully and withhold her disbelief. My MC just over here shrugging, like I told you girl, you believe me now?

Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Regarding Calisto, yes she is a bully. She turned MC into a vamp on a whim, and by indirect result messed up Laurie's life as well.
But that doesn't mean I think it's sensible for MC to be gung-ho against Calisto when he's clearly nowhere near ready for her.
I don't think attempting anything against Calisto would be a good idea she's likely way beyond that point where directly challenging her is stupid. She isn't antagonistic towards MC and his harem allies and pleasing her is greatly to MC's benefit so there's something to be gained by allowing her to live.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I don't think attempting anything against Calisto would be a good idea she's likely way beyond that point where directly challenging her is stupid. She isn't antagonistic towards MC and his harem allies and pleasing her is greatly to MC's benefit so there's something to be gained by allowing her to live.
Well yeah, MC is still has a long, long way to go until he could even get to Calisto's level of power.
That's why despite Calisto having messed his life up, it wouldn't really help things for him to be angry/upset at her.

In fact, gaining favors with our sire will put MC in a stronger position since she might teach him her secrets.
Not like Calisto is my favorite character (I prefer Sharon and Carmen actually), but it's the survival instincts feel that makes me believe MC really need to be on her good side.

But some people just don't like Calisto's character and don't want to accept that.

Mattinvegas

Mar 28, 2020
that was ready badly done for sure, if there is anyone to bring markus to speed regarding the cave its the MC, and everything ivy knows the mc knows because they went together to the cave.
It did seem rather pointless since the MC just ends up taking Markus to the cave entrance anyway. Maybe he couldve just told Markus he scrambled her brains before coming up with the brilliant thralling solution?

namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018
I don't understand why you keep on insisting that I'm "blaming" Sharon, when I clearly said before that I'm not.
I can only blame Sharon if as result of her actions my MC somehow suffered physically or mentally, and that's not what happened in Calisto's visit case.
And no, while I like Calisto as a character, no way do I like her more than Sharon or Carmen (so I don't know about other folks, but "rooting" for Calisto certainly doesn't apply to me).
Basically, Sharon just played with fire which she shouldn't have and got burned. Nothing more, nothing less.
MC (I had my MC kiss Calisto's hand) wasn't affected by Sharon's actions so no blame involved to Sharon and definitely no rooting for Calisto involved.

But just because I don't blame Sharon (due to MC being unaffected), that doesn't mean I'm gonna ignore her bad decision to actively challenge Calisto and not call her out on it (and Andrew was just the same as Sharon, since he was basically fueling her fire from the side :FacePalm: ) with her actions of acting like an idiot.

How were they (MC and Sharon) to know that Calisto is someone very powerful? Well, it's not like I remember the previous episodes scene by scene but the signs were definitely here and there iirc:

- With MC's growing number of abilities Sharon is constantly surprised with MC considering with general vamps they wouldn't have anywhere near as many abilities as MC has
- When being present with Markus and Sharon (during their meet with Marcius), Markus gets curious as to who MC's sire must be when he unleashes his claws.
- MC meets Calisto for second time (i.e. first time after she turns him) and notices her to be a powerful presence. Not only that, couple of explanation is given to the MC, with the whole "Priestess" and "Temple" etc which if I'm remembering correctly he even tells Sharon.

Not only that, time and time before Calisto even arrives MC tells Sharon "Please behave if she gets here" but every time she just shrugs it off ignoring his advice. Even just before Calisto arrives he once again tells her to be civil, but as you can see that didn't happen. She puffed her chest out, and actively challenged Calisto and suffered the consequences.
And no, I don't blame Sharon for not listening to my MC's advice (which he gave time and time again). I don't expect the LIs to be always yes-girls, and don't expect my MC to be always yes-man either.

But this scene clearly showed that Sharon had an issue with her pride/ego (yes Calisto provoked Sharon, but if Sharon had no issue with her pride and ego, she would have brushed it off, and not let it get her riled up), and there is even a scene of MC trying to tell Sharon that (after she suffered from Calisto's mojo).

Regarding Calisto, yes she is a bully. She turned MC into a vamp on a whim, and by indirect result messed up Laurie's life as well.
But that doesn't mean I think it's sensible for MC to be gung-ho against Calisto when he's clearly nowhere near ready for her.

My conscience? It is very clear (with what happened with Sharon getting a dose of Calisto's mojo infliction).
As I said previously, there were multiple scenes where MC told Sharon to behave and be civil towards Calisto as well as there being obvious signs here and there that whoever sired MC is a vamp that is powerful (despite not being widely known in the vamp society).
Not MC's fault if Sharon didn't listen to his advice and suffered due to it (just because she couldn't control her pride and ego) and MC shouldn't feel guilty about it either (why should he? He only tried to convince her multiple times, yet they all fell on deaf ears and Sharon learned the lesson the hard way).

And this is despite me preferring Sharon over Calisto.
Even if I like a LI, when she makes bad decision or poor choice, I will point it out and call out their mistakes.
=Question for you & Arigon :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018
Btw, my PC died last night (tripped the kill switch outside & everything) :eek::unsure::cry::FacePalm:

I'm on an older one now, but no games or anything.
(had to re-DL Rebirth (Ep3 & 4) so no saves or anything)
Would anyone be kind enough to upload a save from Ep 3 (can be start (pref) or end)?

Cheers

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
=Question for you & Arigon :
Who knows.
I wouldn't flat out deny it, but there are no scenes hinting that Calisto knew it beforehand either so it could go either way I guess.
Perhaps this is a question more well suited for Arigon to answer.
I'm not really all that well versed in the vamp lore or the VtM that this game is sort of inspired by, and just say what's on my mind when I see the events occur in game, heh.

Reactions: Warscared

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well no need to be lapdog either.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Who knows.
I wouldn't flat out deny it, but there are no scenes hinting that Calisto knew it beforehand either so it could go either way I guess.
Perhaps this is a question more well suited for Arigon to answer.
I'm not really all that well versed in the vamp lore or the VtM that this game is sort of inspired by, and just say what's on my mind when I see the events occur in game, heh.
I will try to give my updated opinion, which is the same as my original but possibly more certain, and do it with strictly as we have played knowledge:
Peace

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
But you only feel like blaming Sharon for how she acts because of out of game knowledge. Power hierarchies haven't been established in the story so far. Every time the PC's origin and his visions came up the answer was: "We don't know and it's just fairytales anyway." Calisto isn't an established character, which is why it's so weird to me how many people are rooting for her over Sharon, considering more than half of the story so far has been a Sharon romance. That's what I meant, when I said that I feel like a lot of the story progression seems to have happened through fan speculation outside of the game.
In the story so far Calisto was a nameless secret lady, who broke the vamp rules by turning a random DJ and leaving him for dead. She's responsible for all the bad things happening to the PC and Laurie, with Sharon being the only saving grace. Telling Sharon that you'd want to kill Calisto, if she ever showed up just made sense and it's pretty lame that this choice didn't have any effect on the story. When she finally shows up she's depicted as lazy and cruel, but it's like we're suddenly supposed to root for the bully, because the PC did a 180 on his feelings for her.
And there it is again: We, as in the players, know that we actually are supposed to root for the bully, because this isn't our first vampire story of this style. But the PC doesn't know this, because everything he knows he knows from his mentor Sharon, who always was the anti-bully. How powerful could this unknown lady even be? Who's to say she doesn't catch fire just as quickly as the feral nos? Who'd even notice she's gone, when nobody seems to have cared about her existence so far? I mean, we the players know, because we speculated enough about it and we know the source material. But how is the PC supposed to know that the stove will burn him, if he's never touched it before? How's he going to cuddle up to Sharon in the morning with a clear conscience, after he just stood there and watched her get bullied by the same lady that fucked up his and Laurie's lives?
There is so much that is just incorrect here.
Peace

gambit1337

Jan 7, 2021
Doing a playthrough with the new update, can anyone tell me what differences Progressing Lauries Thrall stage do? like does she get friendlier with Sharon or just become more like a druggie?

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes