4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
I think this is the big issue why so many players seem ready to fuck over Sharon, a shocking amount, if you read this thread. Whatever chemistry or sexual tension the MC and Sharon had (which IMO was tooooop fucking tier) was ramping up perfectly and methodically and then absolutely hit a plateau when Astrid came back, and both characters agree "yeah if your dick worked we would definitely have sex, but since your dick works now... uh... i dont love you yet?" and we've just been sitting in that awkward area for what feels like years while Astrid continuously attempts to NTR-jealousy bait us.

It is way, way past time for the two to start having some kind of sexual activity or other significant jump in the romantic/sexual side of the relationship. There's slow burn, and then there's letting the flame go out entirely. At this point it almost feels like the devs are just afraid of the inevitable anticlimax (no pun intended) of the scene finally happening after all this time.
Pretty much how I feel to a T.

The chemistry that existed between Sharon and the MC has fizzled completely at this point alongside the master and student relationship feeling null and void in consideration of the MCs current development. Their relationship has progressed nowhere, the support and approval of Calisto is beyond anything Sharon could ever provide, and she seemingly has nothing left to teach.

I liked Sharon up to midway ch. 3 but ive completely lost interest in her character. Why wouldnt you give Astrid away? What repercussion could possibly exist that feels remotely impactful for such a stagnant relationship? Why should I care about protecting Sharon's feelings rather than winning more points with Calisto?

i personally would support MC striking out on his own by the end of this chapter. Sharon feels like dead weight and im sure my MC can live with no longer having his forehead kissed.

dantes1830

Sep 20, 2021
Lol, at those arguing from Sharon frustration vs Sharon sympathy. While I understand both, I do feel as if it is forgotten that Sharon was a lesser version of the wrestling vamps from the transformation scene. Her whole existence was to get enough autonomy to separate from the Anarchs and get revenge for Andrew. Her year 60+ years of being a vampire have told her exclusively the mage vampires are BS, the historians are unhelpful buffoons, and the Temple houses crazies. To enforce this all of these opinions are largely shared by the Nos as expressed by Merrick's mockery "The dead speak is impressive I do it every night" after Fabian's first visit and the Nos are the more "reliable"/trusted of the information holders with their stealth and spies.

Add that presumably every newborn vampire goes through an experience of believing themselves more powerful than they actually are, and depending on the personality ramble nonsensical bravado and speculation. It would also follow that the vampire has at least an appreciation of their maker's power, even if their 50/50 on the maker if following traditional vampire lore.

It just so happens that this is the first time in 60 years that the experiences of the newborn are justified. Then add to that that the first time she hears of a vampire having visions she discovers the only other one went absolutely bonkers digging months later.

So sure Markus and her remarking on the claws and the speed he gains powers are impressive and odd, most of which were done before Ep3 while during Ep3 most displays were away from her sight. Outside of that a lot of the "evidence" that could justify the MC could also be reasonably dismissed as how normal newborns acclimate and/or worrying future psychosis, especially since she implied a few times that her own early years and other early vampires attempt to find bigger truths after learning vampires are real so it would make sense MC is also searching for that.

Once she starts to get a grip on the reality, more like her life being shattered as much if not more than Laurie's/Carmen's/Ivy's just without the physical transformation, given once again she's had 2 goals get out from the the Archons and avenge Andrew meanwhile she "earns" a title she wasn't aiming for only to find out weeks later the power structure she was running from is weak and not only was her human life build on a false reality but now her vamp life was built on a false reality, to have her attempt to hold on to a semblance of what she thought Vampire life was(Astrid) and rationalizing that her view wasn't that off by testing Calisto is at least reasonable, after all how many 18 y/o(young adults) change 70 y/o's minds on foundational beliefs.

------------

To the Ivy thing I was "fine" with MC not disclosing the brain scramble thing until it became obvious to Markus, even then he only told him the vaguest terms possible. The vamps trade on favors and info(Markus scolded MC disclosing that the feral vamp was a Nos or was happy that he didn't) and Sharon didn't disclose her "Eye" thing with the Nos(Merrick "Have you been holding out on us, Sharon" when discussing feeding in Scottstown). So it would make sense as the MC ages that he would withhold information on things that are already done and disclosing wouldn't help. If MC disclosed the Eye thing, Markus still would have demanded Ivy meet him and the Eye thing would've been disclosed to more vampires. Same if MC kept it vague except it would have been suspicious to Markus.

However when Sharon had to explain thralls didn't have live at the house, even though I expect Ivy to move in a some point. My IRL response "What? Maybe I should have been a Detective or a Captain to Police these rules, if only we watched another do this exact thing."

-------------

Everyone here discussing the upcoming fight and Sharon save Laurie anticipation, which I will save scum the story to save Laurie if I have to. I'm, not a 100 but more than half, expecting to return to the house with Gregor having fatally wounded Carmen.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Lol, at those arguing from Sharon frustration vs Sharon sympathy. While I understand both, I do feel as if it is forgotten that Sharon was a lesser version of the wrestling vamps from the transformation scene. Her whole existence was to get enough autonomy to separate from the Anarchs and get revenge for Andrew. Her year 60+ years of being a vampire have told her exclusively the mage vampires are BS, the historians are unhelpful buffoons, and the Temple houses crazies. To enforce this all of these opinions are largely shared by the Nos as expressed by Merrick's mockery "The dead speak is impressive I do it every night" after Fabian's first visit and the Nos are the more "reliable"/trusted of the information holders with their stealth and spies.

Add that presumably every newborn vampire goes through an experience of believing themselves more powerful than they actually are, and depending on the personality ramble nonsensical bravado and speculation. It would also follow that the vampire has at least an appreciation of their maker's power, even if their 50/50 on the maker if following traditional vampire lore.

It just so happens that this is the first time in 60 years that the experiences of the newborn are justified. Then add to that that the first time she hears of a vampire having visions she discovers the only other one went absolutely bonkers digging months later.

So sure Markus and her remarking on the claws and the speed he gains powers are impressive and odd, most of which were done before Ep3 while during Ep3 most displays were away from her sight. Outside of that a lot of the "evidence" that could justify the MC could also be reasonably dismissed as how normal newborns acclimate and/or worrying future psychosis, especially since she implied a few times that her own early years and other early vampires attempt to find bigger truths after learning vampires are real so it would make sense MC is also searching for that.

Once she starts to get a grip on the reality, more like her life being shattered as much if not more than Laurie's/Carmen's/Ivy's just without the physical transformation, given once again she's had 2 goals get out from the the Archons and avenge Andrew meanwhile she "earns" a title she wasn't aiming for only to find out weeks later the power structure she was running from is weak and not only was her human life build on a false reality but now her vamp life was built on a false reality, to have her attempt to hold on to a semblance of what she thought Vampire life was(Astrid) and rationalizing that her view wasn't that off by testing Calisto is at least reasonable, after all how many 18 y/o(young adults) change 70 y/o's minds on foundational beliefs.

------------

To the Ivy thing I was "fine" with MC not disclosing the brain scramble thing until it became obvious to Markus, even then he only told him the vaguest terms possible. The vamps trade on favors and info(Markus scolded MC disclosing that the feral vamp was a Nos or was happy that he didn't) and Sharon didn't disclose her "Eye" thing with the Nos(Merrick "Have you been holding out on us, Sharon" when discussing feeding in Scottstown). So it would make sense as the MC ages that he would withhold information on things that are already done and disclosing wouldn't help. If MC disclosed the Eye thing, Markus still would have demanded Ivy meet him and the Eye thing would've been disclosed to more vampires. Same if MC kept it vague except it would have been suspicious to Markus.

However when Sharon had to explain thralls didn't have live at the house, even though I expect Ivy to move in a some point. My IRL response "What? Maybe I should have been a Detective or a Captain to Police these rules, if only we watched another do this exact thing."

-------------

Everyone here discussing the upcoming fight and Sharon save Laurie anticipation, which I will save scum the story to save Laurie if I have to. I'm, not a 100 but more than half, expecting to return to the house with Gregor having fatally wounded Carmen.
That was a refreshing viewpoint.

Reactions: rerderrum

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
ok so version 3 didn't give me the option to name a save at the end and I am trying to play 4 but no luck... it says I haven't played the previous version so I transferred my save file in the actual save data folder then it gave me an error. I tried to ignore the error and it worked except it said again that I hadn't played previous version(s). here is the error...
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Rebirth episode 4 ep4-up1
Wed Mar 23 06:09:58 2022
```
I wasn't rolling back I was trying to load a save file... that's it...

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
These "rollback" errors often happen when you made saves when a mod was installed and you try to load them when it's not.
So either a WT mod or a translation mod maybe? Also be sure you're not trying to load ep 3 save from an ep 4 folder.
You need to import/start a new game first (you'll get to see up to 4 files based on your endsaves from ep 3 to select from) then save before you can use the normal continue/load function.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
ok so version 3 didn't give me the option to name a save at the end and I am trying to play 4 but no luck... it says I haven't played the previous version so I transferred my save file in the actual save data folder then it gave me an error. I tried to ignore the error and it worked except it said again that I hadn't played previous version(s). here is the error...
```

While running game code:
renpy.load(fn)

Full traceback:
python hide:
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
renpy.load(fn)
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "E:\Egames\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\Rebirthep4-ep4-up1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
```
You MUST do the save transfer at the end, loading saves from EP3 won't work in EP4 and gives you errors. Maybe you don't have played the latest version of EP3? It should be EP3ver2.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
```

While running game code:
renpy.load(fn)

Full traceback:
python hide:
python hide:
ui.interact()
rv = run(action)
renpy.load(fn)
self.load_failed()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
```
Ok in ver. 3 you need to go until it prompts you to name the saved file at the end if you didn't see that you haven't gotten to the end of chapter 3.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020

------------

-------------

So, welcome....
I have no real need to comment on any of this except to say the following-

If you have not made choices earlier in the game which max or nearly max the affinity for Sharon saving Laurie, then she is toast and no amount of replaying the combat is going to help out.

Laurie made the choice, against the will of the MC, to join. This was not only expected, but is built into her character.

Her fate is in Sharon's hands now. So if you did not do what you needed to earlier, go back and replay it... or cheat.. because otherwise Laurie will be dead.

Carmen can take Gregor. The real concern is if you left Astrid in the house for some fucked up reason, instead of using her to gain points with Calisto, then you might indeed return to a mess.

Unless you have been a real douche to Sharon, she is loyal to you. She has also had a crash course in "reality" which is jolting her out of her know it all sceptic views. So getting Astrid out of the house is the "best" answer.

However, if for whatever reason you didn't, then whatever happens as a result of that decision is on your playthrough.

The rest of your post I am not going to comment on.
Peace

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
I went trough the last few pages and i saw noone talk about this:

Did anyone notice how hostile the Nos got against MC.
they even threaten to kill MC and Markus was like yeah not now but maybe tomorrow
And we all figured out that Markus respected MC as he knew MC was powerful
But now it all seemed to be going out the window.
And i honestly think we are going to get in a bigger fight then we anticipating and i think its gonna involve all the Nos

dantes1830

Sep 20, 2021
And i honestly think we are going to get in a bigger fight then we anticipating and i think its gonna involve all the Nos

I agree, I believe I read someone implying that the fight would involve 5 invisible Nos vs the MC and Co. I don't know if it will be all Nos but it could be all but the ones without the Calisto sorcery, or the inverse and Frank and Merrick are lying about their memory and trying to get Markus to the cave.

Her fate is in Sharon's hands now. So if you did not do what you needed to earlier, go back and replay it... or cheat.. because otherwise Laurie will be dead.
This is what I meant by save scum. Haha literally going back as far as I have to and create new episode saves to save her haha.

However, if for whatever reason you didn't, then whatever happens as a result of that decision is on your playthrough.
Clearly I'm lean towards Sharon sympathy side even as she does foolish things. So I didn't, and haven't played new update with that change yet, but Carmen is my favorite character so if I'll go back to an ostensibly full restart for Laurie I'll damn sure go back to episode 3 and shove Astrid out without blinking.

Carmen can take Gregor.

Oh I have no worries that in a one on one Carmen can take Gregor. I have worries that a Carmen with her guard down in a house with hella weapons can be caught unaware by Gregor. Lashing out to free Astrid or in distress that she is no longer around.

Further Speculation:
And since I looked at the images it doesn't appear she died on screen. Unless it's in the texts. Astrid gets her way seems to be her character type. And surviving as a member of the temple seems possible. So she could influence him further if she somehow survived.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017

they even threaten to kill MC and Markus was like yeah not now but maybe tomorrow
well because he knows about their secret hideout/surveillance station.

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
well because he knows about their secret hideout/surveillance station.
while its unlikely it could also be that Markus doesn't like that and doesn't like being away from his powerbase and is fronting a little as a result. i don't think he knows about Calisto being mommy as yet; he would be a little more circumspect if so[providng he had some idea who Callisto is, as Cindy represented her at the meetings?].

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020

And we all figured out that Markus respected MC as he knew MC was powerful
But now it all seemed to be going out the window.
Ok so this is very insightful.

1- Markus' sire was almost certainly the main Nos watching over the mega elder Sister Ereshkigal- who by now I am convinced founded at least the Nos line.

1a- I think that Ianna and Ereshkigal founded multiple lines of vampires, each with particular focus.

2- I believe that Markus' sire was driven insane/feral, by the feeding demands of Ereshkigal, and that the rest of the Nos were devoured.

3- I believe that Markus knows more than he is saying, but not exactly what is going down. I think that he started with the intention of being helpful, but as you all will note, I already mentioned that it will probably be the Nos vs the gang. I think that the power of Ereshkigal's blood will force all the Nos to turn on the party, except possibly Frank and Merrick who were freed by Calisto's Sorcery.

4- The gang is not going to win the coming fight. Laurie will be killed, or almost killed, depending on if you have enough Sharon faction to have her embrace Laurie. The MC is most likely going to break very very bad but it won't be enough with all the flurry of what will be going on, to prevent Laurie's mortal wound. "Winning" will be escaping. Now that said, there may be more deaths than Laurie's potential ending. Well there will be in the story for sure, but I mean in this fight. Markus is not as strong blood wise. He is older, but not ancient. It might be the end for him. It might not. It will be the end of the general Nos alliance with the gang though. I think Merrick and Frank might be the exception. * I am purely speculating on this, just for the record.

5- Sharon is going to have to grow up. She had a rough start. She spent time with a cunt whore mentor. She bettered herself but also isolated herself in her delusional state of denial. She has to grow up. Realize that she is dating a true monster of the night, the likes of which she only recently met when Calisto walked in, and realize that the days of her mentoring anything at all might be at an end. Her understanding of true vampire "society" is very limited. She only understands the lol "Masquerade" of that society. The bottom dwellers.

6- We are going to see the fight. Then there is going to be the "Dust Settles"/Recovery update or two. Then a build up. Then more battles. All building to a big marquee battle between the Sisters and their minions. Yes the MC will be a powerful piece on the chess board and will make a difference, but not be the most powerful piece. Think of the MC as a knight..

Anyhow, good stuff.
Peace

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Ok so this is very insightful.

1- Markus' sire was almost certainly the main Nos watching over the mega elder Sister Ereshkigal- who by now I am convinced founded at least the Nos line.

1a- I think that Ianna and Ereshkigal founded multiple lines of vampires, each with particular focus.

2- I believe that Markus' sire was driven insane/feral, by the feeding demands of Ereshkigal, and that the rest of the Nos were devoured.

3- I believe that Markus knows more than he is saying, but not exactly what is going down. I think that he started with the intention of being helpful, but as you all will note, I already mentioned that it will probably be the Nos vs the gang. I think that the power of Ereshkigal's blood will force all the Nos to turn on the party, except possibly Frank and Merrick who were freed by Calisto's Sorcery.

4- The gang is not going to win the coming fight. Laurie will be killed, or almost killed, depending on if you have enough Sharon faction to have her embrace Laurie. The MC is most likely going to break very very bad but it won't be enough with all the flurry of what will be going on, to prevent Laurie's mortal wound. "Winning" will be escaping. Now that said, there may be more deaths than Laurie's potential ending. Well there will be in the story for sure, but I mean in this fight. Markus is not as strong blood wise. He is older, but not ancient. It might be the end for him. It might not. It will be the end of the general Nos alliance with the gang though. I think Merrick and Frank might be the exception. * I am purely speculating on this, just for the record.

5- Sharon is going to have to grow up. She had a rough start. She spent time with a cunt whore mentor. She bettered herself but also isolated herself in her delusional state of denial. She has to grow up. Realize that she is dating a true monster of the night, the likes of which she only recently met when Calisto walked in, and realize that the days of her mentoring anything at all might be at an end. Her understanding of true vampire "society" is very limited. She only understands the lol "Masquerade" of that society. The bottom dwellers.

6- We are going to see the fight. Then there is going to be the "Dust Settles"/Recovery update or two. Then a build up. Then more battles. All building to a big marquee battle between the Sisters and their minions. Yes the MC will be a powerful piece on the chess board and will make a difference, but not be the most powerful piece. Think of the MC as a knight..

Anyhow, good stuff.
Peace
Just like his cousin Fabian.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes