4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
The issue isn't that Ivy was thralled/mind-fucked, both MC & Markus want her around for her speleological skills, even if MC doesn't pursue her romantically. The problem is how it was executed.

MC knows from the outset there's no point Markus talking to Ivy because she's been mind-fucked. After thralling Ivy & bringing her to Markus, he immediately tells him so, he's not even protecting any info by withholding the facts up front. For those not on the callous ass route, this is choosing to screw Ivy up even further for nothing, while telling Sharon how torn up about it he is. In this scenario it would make more sense if MC told Markus Ivy couldn't help from the start, in which case there's no reason to go through with the thralling.

It would have been better to justify thralling Ivy because they want her to accompany them to the cave, rather than just Markus wants to talk to her. Nice guy MC doesn't want to keep messing with Ivy's head, so if they need her to hang with a bunch of Nos thralling is the only remaining option which doesn't end with Ivy dead.

I also thought it was interesting Ivy felt there was something dangerous in the cave, while Andrew & Markus don't pick up on it at all.
It is interesting.
Andrew not feeling anything is the one I find confusing though.
MC is of the bloodline of Ereshkigal's frenemy Inanna. I can understand him feeling uneasy.
Initially Frank and Merrick would not have felt uneasy, they are from Ereshkigal's bloodline.
Markus is as well.
I have mentioned that it is highly likely that each of the Sisters have more than one bloodline. It could be possible that Sharon's bloodline is an offshoot. This would explain the Andrew issue. Would mean, if true, that Sharon will not feel it.
Laurie should feel it in spades. She already displays a very heightened awareness. Add to that the MC blood. She should be sensitive. Ivy should be just as sensitive this time around.

As far as bonding Ivy, folks are going to make whatever they are going to make of it. Likesblondes and Ptolemy have their story and their reasons for doing it the way they did. So, it is what it is. At the end of the day, most vampires do not give a fuck about who they are going to bind, unless it is going to get them in trouble.

Peace

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
As far as bonding Ivy, folks are going to make whatever they are going to make of it. Likesblondes and Ptolemy have their story and their reasons for doing it the way they did. So, it is what it is. At the end of the day, most vampires do not give a fuck about who they are going to bind, unless it is going to get them in trouble.

Peace
Certainly they have their reasons, yet that doesnt mean they cant be wrong at times.
Otherwise why bother with bright/dark paths/points, why giving mc choices and putting in his head various "human" thoughts, just to make it worthless a bit latter. Better make it then as with Sharon - she is trying to keep her "humanity" and dont be an ordinary vampire, yet she absolutely has no problems with brain fucking someone, with no guilt monologue/dialogue afterwards or prior (ok mc is a youngling, unsure, etc..yet that whole setup could be done better, imo).

If that is how the vampire things are supposed to be, then make MC more ruthless by default (limit his free will/choices, cut off his thoughts and all that hunt/dont hunt humans masquerade). That way they can make it proper sub-dom power-fantasy game (whole vampire setup is a great opportunity for that). Tons of dom-kink lovers are eagerly waiting for similar opportunity, no doubt.

As the things stand the game/script is like an ordinary thrall - something in between, not sure in itself, and highly dependent on master/writers mood swings:HideThePain:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
gameplay, story, appearance and etc. Very interesting, I liked it a lot, the only thing that bothers me is the save transfer, it could be a single file with Episodes I, II, III, IV.
partial reason for that could be to keep eps size small.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
yes and no. we don't know atm if its bad if "gift" was given to "mommy". 1 path given, other path not given.
Same. I have two playthroughs. One more human or nicer choices and one Cold and heartless. As much as the choices allow

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
The Astrid debate comes down to two options... Keep her penned up forever, ever mindful that if she escapes she would be a threat to your household. She proved that she is a hateful shrew of a bitch. Being immortal that would be a fate worse than death. that is option 1. Or the more merciful way out would be to let her go with Callisto. In this instance death would have been seen as the more desirable alternative. Hence option 2. To analyze any further to try to put human characteristics' on a decidedly unhuman entity is like putting lipstick on a pig.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The Astrid debate comes down to two options... Keep her penned up forever, ever mindful that if she escapes she would be a threat to your household. She proved that she is a hateful shrew of a bitch. Being immortal that would be a fate worse than death. that is option 1. Or the more merciful way out would be to let her go with Callisto. In this instance death would have been seen as the more desirable alternative. Hence option 2. To analyze any further to try to put human characteristics' on a decidedly unhuman entity is like putting lipstick on a pig.
HEY!!! no spoilers. :p

• Wow
Reactions: yltohawk

Juv3

Oct 31, 2018
I can't load the save file
In the second episode He tells me to play the first episode in android

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I won't further spoil spoilers except to say that she is a cunt. If Calisto eats her, good. If Calisto uses her and gives her to a pack of dogs, good. If Calisto uses her, breaks her, gives her back to you to dispose of, better.
Peace

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
HEY NO KINK SHAMMING! pigs are not my thing but respect those who are into pigs!

Also my problem is that Astrid might not be taken out... as stated she is shrewed so perhaps she went to the MC knowing Sharon would not have "the heart" to take her out, so a pathway into the temple by the MC being the childe of Calisto either on her own accord or fallowing Marcius orders!

Also if she gets caught by the princeps she is out but if she is under the protection of the temple not even Virgil will dare to touch her...

so political power and protection if she can engraciate herself to Calisto as the Calisto thrall becomes more annoying she might become Calisto 2nd in comand...

as stated i made no predictions or analyses on the previous update because too many things seem shaky! that included if Astrid returns and we take her out how would Calisto reacts? she might like the MC but taking out one of her ladies in wait of her, how would she react to such an insult... how does nepotism works and reflects in vampire society? if she prevented the princeps from applying the law and then allowed her childe to "upkeep" the law...

-- edit ---

Also amongst her personal motivations deep down she might wish to get rid of the thralling of marcius since she might be thralled by him nad Calisto seems like a better bet and master if she can not regain her personal freedom!

this is me assuming Marcius did with her what he wanted to do with Sharon!
First Astrid did not find herself in the cage for no reason. If what you say is true then a thrall would be able to socially upgrade her position deliberately, I can't see that... She would be totally dedicated to Marcius if what you say is true she would have acted as his agent. As a thrall of the court I would imagine Astrid be required to check in. There were no inquiries into her whereabouts to you by the court during her incarceration. If in fact she was acting covertly the Court would have sent her and would have been curious as to why she hadn't checked in, I see no evidence of that at all.

Unless you allowed her to bite you I see no way that Astrid would have a clue as to who your lineage might be. Even then all she would have is the potency of your blood. She was playing you to gain sympathy to escape only, To this point I have seen only Virgil aware of who Callisto is. She effectively had fallen off the map for a few hundred years and would still be underground had she not turned you. No I perceive during the initial contact with the Court Astrid saw you as a thrallable boy toy. at best , and a banquet at worst. When introduced to Callisto Astrid had no clue as to whom she was in the presence of. Astrid as you say is a manipulative hedonistic piece of work.

If in fact what you say is true I would be shocked, but then who am I we both like to reason so We shall see if either of us have a clue or if Arigon will come and spank us both LOL.

Reactions: Warscared

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I can't load the save file
In the second episode He tells me to play the first episode in android
that's what you are supposed to do. although no idea if save transfer works in android.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
First Astrid did not find herself in the cage for no reason. If what you say is true then a thrall would be able to socially upgrade her position deliberately, I can't see that... She would be totally dedicated to Marcius if what you say is true she would have acted as his agent. As a thrall of the court I would imagine Astrid be required to check in. There were no inquiries into her whereabouts to you by the court during her incarceration. If in fact she was acting covertly the Court would have sent her and would have been curious as to why she hadn't checked in, I see no evidence of that at all.

Unless you allowed her to bite you I see no way that Astrid would have a clue as to who your lineage might be. Even then all she would have is the potency of your blood. She was playing you to gain sympathy to escape only, To this point I have seen only Virgil aware of who Callisto is. She effectively had fallen off the map for a few hundred years and would still be underground had she not turned you. No I perceive during the initial contact with the Court Astrid saw you as a thrallable boy toy. at best , and a banquet at worst. When introduced to Callisto Astrid had no clue as to whom she was in the presence of. Astrid as you say is a manipulative hedonistic piece of work.

If in fact what you say is true I would be shocked, but then who am I we both like to reason so We shall see if either of us have a clue or if Arigon will come and spank us both LOL.
Spankings will continue until morale improves!!!!

Actually, you are more correct.

Astrid thinks of you as some nameless, clanless nobody, who happens to be attractive to her. She wants you to get to Sharon. First to humiliate her, next to win her back. Astrid in her own twisted way is in love with Sharon.

As for Marcius, Astrid serves him. She is not his thrall though. She has not ranted to be given back to him, which an addict would rant. She does serve him willingly. I believe that she came to Scottstown on her own more or less. Perhaps volunteering to keep an eye on things, but her focus was Sharon.

She has nooooooooooo clue who Calisto is or she would be terrified. She certainly does not think you are Calisto's childe.

Overall I agree.

Astrid will have one of 3 outcomes here-

1- Devoured by Calisto entirely.
2- Broken by Calisto to serve her in some fashion.
3- Broken by Calisto and given back to her favorite obsession *the MC. For his pleasure. I believe that 1 and 3 lead to her death. 2 will lead to her having a small amount of story before her death. Astrid is not going to survive. I could be wrong, but I am betting on 3. Calisto will use Astrid hard, break her, then give her to the MC to dispose of as a gift of her own, for sending the MC to certain death, and he proved more resilient and lived.

Peace

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Related but unrelated post.
Sins of the Sires which is a Choice book is out.
It is an odd duck. No where near as good as Nightroad, but it is entertaining.
Might give you a glimpse into what powerful vampires, who sire powerful childer and how that childer acts might be like.
Which would give you some taste of what the MC might be like.
I am not whole heartedly endorsing. I am saying it gives you some interesting insight into vampires of 5th Edition Masquerade which is NOT the inspiration- 2nd edition is more the inspiration.

peace y'all

Reactions: Mortarion

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
ok guys but my question was why would she allowed herself to be captured?
she can assume she was stronger then Sharon and the MC put together but once she is caged in and with Andrew suport she can not hope to overcome!

she might be hedonistic but she is hardly a dumb cunt so there had to be more to her allowing herself to be captured then just trying to get get Sharon back! a pathway into political power by becoming an agent of the temple would be a good reason!

she might not have known who Calisto was but once Virgil shows up she knows somethings up since very rarelly the court cares about the archons bussinesses! can not be that hard to pin point that the only thing diferent is the MC who happens to be under the protection of her former lover... so pathway into the MC and from the MC to whatever hidden power is behind the new manouvers that puts a teenager on a throne... she is not a teenager vampire who is clueless, so she must have felt something is amiss!

-- edit --

as for her thralling she might have a kind of Andrew thralling that enables her to work on her own accord or just a slight princeps Sharon thralling that does not enable her to lie to Marcius! besides you can rationalise almost anything so her conscious can lie to her saying it is to protect Marcius while her unconcious is like "yey more power more freedom less Marcius...!"

not an expert at VTM but i am not brainless either!

Just as the current events can remind us, despite the historical warnings there are "hardly dumbs", who tried to march an army thru on a thawing ground :D
if you speak of the russians they lost most of those wars only a true idiot like napoleon and hitler managed to fuck it up so badly that they got crushed but everyone else from the poles to the mongols just waltzed in! (keeping it is diferent then winning)! (do pay attention that the sweadish northern empire went south instead of marching on moscow and lost the war at poltava because the saxon allies and the polish reenforcements and 2 of their armies never reached their emperor charles so they went against the russians outnumbered... and they never made a b line straight to moscow...)

thats one of the greatest miss conceptions in world history, flat terrain is hard to defend and easy to attack as for the cold... just use a fucking jacket instead of being effemenate idiots who treasure style over confort....

only advantage of the thawing is that being a natural helps a bit but nothing that good organisation and some proper planning can not overcome and if you are on the offensive thats like text book noob knowledge! as state of the 68 times they won 66 and only the french and the germans managed to fuck themselves up!

the french because they planed to have it finished before winter set in and waited 3 weeks in moscow and the germans because they delayed the operation barbarossa for 2 months and winter came 1 month earlyer! (and the russians managed an amazing feat or organization where they where able to get 5 million soldiers from eastern siberia into the batlefield in less then 3 months... fucking hell the one´s in charge where not commies at heart thats for sure, still one hell of a organisation and logistic nightmare overcome... amazing!)

Last edited:
Reactions: c3p0 and Legend 123

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
ok guys but my question was why would she allowed herself to be captured?
she can assume she was stronger then Sharon and the MC put together but once she is caged in and with Andrew suport she can not hope to overcome!

she might be hedonistic but she is hardly a dumb cunt so there had to be more to her allowing herself to be captured then just trying to get get Sharon back! a pathway into political power by becoming an agent of the temple would be a good reason!

she might not have known who Calisto was but once Virgil shows up she knows somethings up since very rarelly the court cares about the archons bussinesses! can not be that hard to pin point that the only thing diferent is the MC who happens to be under the protection of her former lover... so pathway into the MC and from the MC to whatever hidden power is behind the new manouvers that puts a teenager on a throne... she is not a teenager vampire who is clueless, so she must have felt something is amiss!

-- edit --

as for her thralling she might have a kind of Andrew thralling that enables her to work on her own accord or just a slight princeps Sharon thralling that does not enable her to lie to Marcius! besides you can rationalise almost anything so her conscious can lie to her saying it is to protect Marcius while her unconcious is like "yey more power more freedom less Marcius...!"

not an expert at VTM but i am not brainless either!
Just as the current events can remind us, despite the historical warnings there are "hardly dumbs", who tried to march an army thru on a thawing ground :D

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Warscared

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
She felt over confident.
She thought she would have more influence than she obviously did.
She knows nothing of Temple business, particularly regarding Calisto and MC.
MC is a mutt to her. Sharon and manipulating Sharon is her goal.
She badly miscalculated. Additionally, unless you were silly, you gave her to Calisto, which she was NOT counting on, and has no idea what danger she is in. If you were silly and spared her, then you get what you deserve at the house. It won't score you points with Sharon. Well, unless you count negative points.
Astrid is a loose cannon slut/whore/cunt. She lies. She can not be trusted. She can not be redeemed. She is what she is.
And she will not survive the novel. Even if you try to keep her. She is just a fucking mess and needs death.
Peace

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
She felt over confident.
She thought she would have more influence than she obviously did.
She knows nothing of Temple business, particularly regarding Calisto and MC.
MC is a mutt to her. Sharon and manipulating Sharon is her goal.
She badly miscalculated. Additionally, unless you were silly, you gave her to Calisto, which she was NOT counting on, and has no idea what danger she is in. If you were silly and spared her, then you get what you deserve at the house. It won't score you points with Sharon. Well, unless you count negative points.
Astrid is a loose cannon slut/whore/cunt. She lies. She can not be trusted. She can not be redeemed. She is what she is.
And she will not survive the novel. Even if you try to keep her. She is just a fucking mess and needs death.
Peace
herm dude... does she remind you of someone who you might have had some "issues" in the past? your dark jungian shadow came off a bit strong there, mate...

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Arigon
4.10 star(s) 194 Votes