4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Mattrox

Mar 18, 2019
You will have lots more questions. You will get some answers. You can see a lot of crazy theories if you scroll back through this thread.
As to your 50k. You have 25k and Laurie has 25k. It has not come up that you need that kind of cash since Sharon is footing the bill for you thus far.

Honestly though, you probably have access to millions here in just a tiny bit. Read on, we are on Chapter 4, update 1. It gets more involved as you go, and personally I feel it gets better, particularly if you are into theory crafting.

Just do not read too much into the inspirational materials of the World of Darkness. It did inspire the devs in several ways, but not in their mythology. So forget anything from those sources, Bram, Anne Rice, etc. Their myth is their own, though they do lift the Nos pretty directly, and the Thaumaturges are definitely Blood Mages.
There are other clan similarities, but not direct copies.

Enjoy
Peace
Thanks. It is pretty interesting and was mostly joking about the imperative questions. Although I think the idea of not having any money cause of hospital debt would be pretty funny. A week in the hospital would cost a fortune, well at least if you are in the states. With a job as a DJ I doubt you have good health insurance.

Yeah the clan stuff definitely feels WoD. Nos are obvious. Feels like Sharon is a Toreador. Glad they are not taking from Anne Rice, I liked a couple of the books but after that they got pretty awful. Oh Woo is me for a I am ever living and will forever be gorgeous. My feelings are so powerful that no one can understand me. Bleh

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Thanks. It is pretty interesting and was mostly joking about the imperative questions. Although I think the idea of not having any money cause of hospital debt would be pretty funny. A week in the hospital would cost a fortune, well at least if you are in the states. With a job as a DJ I doubt you have good health insurance.

Yeah the clan stuff definitely feels WoD. Nos are obvious. Feels like Sharon is a Toreador. Glad they are not taking from Anne Rice, I liked a couple of the books but after that they got pretty awful. Oh Woo is me for a I am ever living and will forever be gorgeous. My feelings are so powerful that no one can understand me. Bleh
Sharon is much more Ventrue than Toreador.
Astrid might be Toreador.
Sharon has Dominate, Fortitude to survive the brutal assault, and Presence to attract attention of potential blood donors. She is not particularly powerful. The MC is the powerhouse in the little group, but will not be the most powerful vampire in the story.

Marcius, who is pretty much Brujah does not, but wants Sharon's dominate power.

MC is a 5th generation equivalent, pseudo elder childe of Calisto.

There are 2 clan founders in the story- Inanna aka Vision Girl aka the cutie you see in your blood visions. The second is Ereshkigal, who is her older sister. Mythically speaking, Ereshkigal, Queen of the Underworld, killed and prevented her sister from rising. Inanna is the much more......erm.... popular, and arguably more powerful of the two, but was disadvantaged in their previous meeting. Rebirth is about a couple rounds of grudge matches-this is my personal theory crafting.

I could droll on for hours about all this stuff. Much better to just read through our growing thread. There is a lot of stuff on here.

We have a very active group. Admittedly we do it in bursts. The great thing about the guys is you get a short, monthly update around the 3rd Sunday of the month, every month but December. They are both living in Eastern Europe, so that could be a bit chaotic this year, but so far so good.

Several others are very active in their theories as well. We have a mostly very positive group on this thread, which we are quite fond of.

Welcome to the club!
Peace

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Can you have fun with Astrid later? Right now the MC seem to despite her. If you can then I don't think the dagger is worth it.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Can you have fun with Astrid later? Right now the MC seem to despite her. If you can then I don't think the dagger is worth it.
Astrid is not interested in you. She has different fish to fry.
The future does not look good for her life either.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Arigon Any guess on when we'll see Virgil again? I recall him promising to find out MC's sire for him as a favor during Sharon's investiture ceremony.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Tserriednich'sNen - The next update is all a fight.
After that there will be a couple of aftermath updates. If I were betting, I would say it would be in one of those. We have to have some more interaction with him I think before the confrontation. He was theoretically in town while Calisto was there, but the MC and some extra Nos were in the house, (Frank and Merrick, who were clearly influenced by Calisto at the time) and Fabian nearby. Cindy is pretty potent. So I think he did not make a move at that point as he did not have enough pieces in play.

So, I am thinking update 3 or 4 we will start having to interact with Virgil. Plus, we are not going to win the cave fight. So we have to go and report that to Calisto, or she will have someone report it back, but I think she is going to want to have us come to the Temple for that conversation.

Pure speculation of course. I am only sure of the content of the immediate update, and know generally what the next two are supposed to have in them. However, the guys have changed the story up as late as Thursday before a Sunday release before.

We shall see lol
Peace

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
so if LB dont use anything from WoD shit even creation story, he maybe read some basics what some discipline does to people and rename them and put them in game some basic shit like auspex. In this game is not even discpline but some automatic shit only to put hands on and it is activated. Then how the fuck MC can be 5th gen when creation story is here "swim blood queen and her sister" and then there is rest so basicly MC is 3th gen here. Arigon still count like its from Caine lol

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
so if LB dont use anything from WoD shit even creation story, he meybe read some basics what some discipline does to peple and rename them and put them in game like some basic shit like auspex. In this game is not even discpline but some automatic shit only to put hands on and its activated then how the fuck MC can be 5th gen when creation story is here swim blood queen and her sister, and then there is rest so basicly MC is 3th gen here, and arigon still count like its from Caine lol
Wrong on Caine

So there are many "Caine" like beings. The Goddesses for example. 1st, 3rd, whatever. They are not 3rd actually. Calisto is definitely similar to what would be a 4th gen Methuselah, like really super Methuselah.

Auspex like ability is in game as a meta ability. Laurie has it. Sharon has some. MC has more. There are examples in the text when they detect or hear things which are faint or unheard by others.

Sharon is resilient. That is the only reason she survived long enough to get the first dose of MC blood from the attack in the woods.

You tend to want to post oppositional posts. I am not here to try and convince you of anything. The guys use WoD as an inspiration. Some powers are more universal and not copyrighted. The guys also create their own powers.

I have posted many times that the goddesses are not close in descent to Calisto. They are as mythical to her, as she is to Roland.

Your post is really just trying to argue. I am not arguing.

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
yes i know that, there is many god supernatural beings who can drink blood, energy like quei jin and many others etc.
I also read WoD books, v5 and have been inspired. If i also want to create game to separate caine from the rest i will use 3 sources this , and this and this then i can create perfect vampire "Avatar" gen 0 or create a god. Who can eat even caine, mortals, evan vampires if i want to mix with WoD lore and whole universe to devour and make my own game ... so basically that is what LB is doing creating own story. we are here talking how can MC been a gen 5?

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
MC is an elder by virtue of his blood. Calisto is 100% verified at 4,500-4,600 years old.
She was the Hieria of Hera who "cursed her" -80-90 percent verified. Other possibility was Zeus.
Inanna who is the blood line originator is 10-15k years old verified.(Vision Girl)
Calisto is far enough removed from Inanna that she is a myth, but not so far removed that she is a lesser vampire.
She is a mega methuselah to coin the phrase from WoD, in fact, pushing up towards that close to Antediluvian timeframe- which is a measure or statement of time not necessarily copyrighted WoD material.

The game does not use WoD 5th edition as inspiration per se. It goes a bit further back to second edition timeframe.
Gods are waking up. Inanna is about to be Reborn.
Calisto was assigned to guard "something".

Similarly the Nos had their "thing" Ereshkigal who can look just as lovely as her sister, but has sired a bloodline of truly monstrous looking Nos.

Anyhow Calisto is comparable to what would be a 4th gen in VTM. There are a few of those Mother Fuckers running around in the game, running the Camarilla and Sabbat, as well as Icconu. and the Black Hand.

Calisto's kid(s) very likely Virgil, and definitely the MC are basically one generation further removed from the source ie 5th generation equivalent. Virgil might well have been naughty, as he is nearly as old as Calisto *if he is who I am fairly sure he is, and he might well have devoured an elder or 10 along the way for the last 4.5k years.

So basically, yes the MC is 5th gen if this were WoD. Roland is 8th or so, possibly 7th. Marcus is 8th or so, the Feral Nos was 7th or so. Marcius is 8th to 11th gen depending on his age. Again, all are equivalents, not truly using WoD straight up terms.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
let's say all is clear from 3th gen..(Inanna blood mother) 4 Calisto, 5 Virgil, MC. 6,7,8 etc (in your way)... who is the first? and second? or is Inanna the first who recieve curse or mark :D

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Inanna, and many more of the ancient Sumer gods and goddesses were the Gen 0 / Mark 0.
There are vampires between Inanna and Calisto.
Inanna and Ereshkigal are both mightier than their parents in mythology, not necessarily in this game. However, you have Tiamat at the head of the pantheon. She might well be the Queen of the Damned. But she will be off the scale.

Reactions: Babalon

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Tserriednich'sNen - The next update is all a fight.
After that there will be a couple of aftermath updates. If I were betting, I would say it would be in one of those. We have to have some more interaction with him I think before the confrontation. He was theoretically in town while Calisto was there, but the MC and some extra Nos were in the house, (Frank and Merrick, who were clearly influenced by Calisto at the time) and Fabian nearby. Cindy is pretty potent. So I think he did not make a move at that point as he did not have enough pieces in play.

So, I am thinking update 3 or 4 we will start having to interact with Virgil. Plus, we are not going to win the cave fight. So we have to go and report that to Calisto, or she will have someone report it back, but I think she is going to want to have us come to the Temple for that conversation.

Pure speculation of course. I am only sure of the content of the immediate update, and know generally what the next two are supposed to have in them. However, the guys have changed the story up as late as Thursday before a Sunday release before.

We shall see lol
Peace
I think that filtered reports of the aftermath of the fight will get out further piquing Virgil's curiosity. Possibly solidifying his thinking about the MC's parentage. At that point trust no one.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Arigon and c3p0

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I think that filtered reports of the aftermath of the fight will get out further piquing Virgil's curiosity. Possibly solidifying his thinking about the MC's parentage. At that point trust no one.
Either filtered or a direct report from one of his assets observing the aftermath in Scottstown or down in the tunnel would be a very strong theory I could get behind. Eloise is not subtle enough to spy really. Glitter either. Malia if in town yes definitely. (though I am not 100% certain that she is on board with Virgil.) IF, IF Fabian has been turned to his cause, then Fabian would be my choice of spy. Second........ sadly........ and in her own way superior.....Zephir......(sob)..... IF she is in fact a supporter and not merely serving to save her skin.
Peace

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hi

Sorry about the pic in this post. We just don't have any non descriptive images from the coming update ready yet. This will probably spoil you a bit, but there it is.
Things are progressing on the update. It will have quite a few paths available. Based on previous choices. So, it's more fat than long. Not sure that makes sense xD
Anyway, things are chugging along. And we don't see any reason for delays yet.

Best regards
Likesblondes

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021

Hi

Sorry about the pic in this post. We just don't have any non descriptive images from the coming update ready yet. This will probably spoil you a bit, but there it is.
Things are progressing on the update. It will have quite a few paths available. Based on previous choices. So, it's more fat than long. Not sure that makes sense xD

Best regards
Likesblondes
put the image under spoilers please!

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Hi

Best regards
Likesblondes
Thank you for the share :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen
4.10 star(s) 194 Votes