4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Sharon is her sire regardless of what MC fed her.

Feeding her blood will bind them, it was mentioned in an earlier update.

Regardless, Sharon is her momma.
not necessarly... in the source material, when two vampires contribute to the embrace, the lowest blood is the sire

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
She gets drained from blood and little blood is given back to her from her sire. So there is no residual blood left from MC that can influence her.

So she inherits all her abilities/powers from Sharon Since she is basically a new person.
you're forgetting that Sharon doesn't know how to properly Embrace people....

Reactions: andrew david irving

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
(Hopefully this hasn't been asked already and I just missed it trying to catch up on this recently very active thread.)

I realize LikesBlondes isn't slavishly following the source material, more drawing inspiration from it, but given what the source inspiration is, is it more likely that...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If he fed her now it may speed up her development but I doubt she'll gain anything else from it.

She's pretty much gonna follow on from Sharon's line.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Arigon

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Doesn't matter, she's still the one that did it.

Doesn't matter what happened before or what happens after, Sharon sired her.

Sharon will always be the one that turned her regardless of any blood MC fed her.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Arigon

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Yeah but you can clearly see it worked otherwise she would've stayed dead

not necessarly... in the source material, when two vampires contribute to the embrace, the lowest blood is the sire
While that is true you have to remember that both of the vamps have to give her blood during the embrace .
And then the lowest gen wil take dominance over the other blood

MC wasn't present during her embrace so MC can't be a sire of Laurie

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
True, except here Sharon was very much alone when the embrace happened, MC didn't contribute at all.

Nothing fed beforehand counts, it needs to be after and she's already turned now so that baby is all Sharon.

It's incredibly weird you're so set on MC being her sire when he had nothing to do with it....... That's Olympic levels of mental gymnastics.

D Dog

Jul 31, 2018
The question I have for everyone (sorry if it is already mention) with MC feeding Laurie his blood and Sharon embrace Laurie, does Laurie's blood mixed in with MC blood (agreed prob small) have any effect on Sharon?

Reactions: DA22 and Nulldev
Mar 28, 2018
I know that the Rebirth theory is slightly different than VtM which states 'While two vampires can theoretically feed their Vitae to a candidate for an Embrace, the resulting vampire will generally have both the clan and generation as if the lower generation parent had performed the Embrace'. Obviously if Sharon did drain Laurie then she would be the sire. However, Sharon was not sure if she had performed the embrace properly, soooo as some have speculated above if she didn't fully drain Laurie there may well be some residual MC blood in Laurie' system, in which case - long shot at best - the MC could end up being Laurie's sire... Sharon's comment suggests that the devs seemed to want to leave uncertainty in our minds. Consequently I am happy to wait until we become better informed as to the devs thinking in future updates.

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
It'll be interesting to see where the writers go with Laurie from here on out. She's now a vamp of her own, so--assuming that the blood bond won't carry over--one major change is she'll be able to decide for herself what she thinks of MC. It's very possible that she'll hate him now. She might be less jealous of Sharon, or maybe not if it's more of a love/hate dynamic with MC.

The other major change is that she won't necessarily be under MC's protection anymore, especially if she decides she hates him. She'll be BY FAR the weakest of the vamps we've met. She's a fledgling, but she won't have anywhere near the growth curve that we saw with MC. Sharon has been a vamp for almost 60 years and she has what, three powers? It took her two years to learn to do her "eye thing". And Laurie is going to develop slower and be less powerful than that. Also, Laurie will have AT BEST only the powers that Sharon has, so it'll be a case of "anything you can do, I can do better".

So I'm gonna make a prediction (not betting any body parts, sorry): Laurie will give MC an ultimatum to choose between her and Sharon. MC will probably not even get an option to go with her (because that would cause too much story split). She rides off into the sunrise and probably dies quickly. So she dies either way (whether Sharon saved her or not), leaving us to realize that we had doomed her the moment we brought her into this.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
It'll be interesting to see where the writers go with Laurie from here on out. She's now a vamp of her own, so--assuming that the blood bond won't carry over--one major change is she'll be able to decide for herself what she thinks of MC. It's very possible that she'll hate him now. She might be less jealous of Sharon, or maybe not if it's more of a love/hate dynamic with MC.

The other major change is that she won't necessarily be under MC's protection anymore, especially if she decides she hates him. She'll be BY FAR the weakest of the vamps we've met. She's a fledgling, but she won't have anywhere near the growth curve that we saw with MC. Sharon has been a vamp for almost 60 years and she has what, three powers? It took her two years to learn to do her "eye thing". And Laurie is going to develop slower and be less powerful than that. Also, Laurie will have AT BEST only the powers that Sharon has, so it'll be a case of "anything you can do, I can do better".

So I'm gonna make a prediction (not betting any body parts, sorry): Laurie will give MC an ultimatum to choose between her and Sharon. MC will probably not even get an option to go with her (because that would cause too much story split). She rides off into the sunrise and probably dies quickly. So she dies either way (whether Sharon saved her or not), leaving us to realize that we had doomed her the moment we brought her into this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
I know that the Rebirth theory is slightly different than VtM which states 'While two vampires can theoretically feed their Vitae to a candidate for an Embrace, the resulting vampire will generally have both the clan and generation as if the lower generation parent had performed the Embrace'. Obviously if Sharon did drain Laurie then she would be the sire. However, Sharon was not sure if she had performed the embrace properly, soooo as some have speculated above if she didn't fully drain Laurie there may well be some residual MC blood in Laurie' system, in which case - long shot at best - the MC could end up being Laurie's sire... Sharon's comment suggests that the devs seemed to want to leave uncertainty in our minds. Consequently I am happy to wait until we become better informed as to the devs thinking in future updates.
that's why I keep hounding that theory... according to the lore, it takes a month for the regent's vitae to leave a thrall's system.

Reactions: andrew david irving

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017

Well, you are one of those guys that just want to watch the world burn, right?! :lepew:

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017

Or MC just spank her, like a toddler who wants to probe a wallsocket with a fork, and feed her some blood.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Warscared

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I don't think her getting fed on by Mommy Calisto will change much if Sharon turned her then she'll probably develop some run of the mill abilities like the one Sharon uses, though I am curious to see what the marked variable means now that Laurie has been turned.
I think he was speaking of the MC's enthrallment of Laurie before she was turned. Her being enthralled gives the thrallee superhuman strength as well as other attributes. Whether that would increase the likelihood of Laurie being stronger than just from being sired by Sharon alone possibly elevating Laurie to possibly a few levels higher than by regular means. Putting her considering Sharon in about a lvl. 9 or 10 could boost Laurie to a couple of lvl's higher to a posible lvl 7 or 8 on Par with some Archons.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm not so sure of that.
The rules about siring haven't changed just because some of you want to twist it that the MC is magically it.

Any blood fed before the embrace doesn't count, it needs to be after and Sharon was the only one there.

I think he was speaking of the MC's enthrallment of Laurie before she was turned. Her being enthralled gives the thrallee superhuman strength as well as other attributes.
Thralls are still human. The only bonus they get is they don't age.

Last edited:

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
The rules about siring haven't changed just because some of you want to twist it that the MC is magically it.

Any blood fed before the embrace doesn't count, it needs to be after and Sharon was the only one there.

Thralls are still human. The only bonus they get is they don't age.
This tread is full of theory crafting and so that is my theory in regard to this story,,, Many things are cannon and yet others are subject to artistic license. Laurie in the state I am suggesting would be a formidable ally in the upcoming fight. I say a level 8 would be much more InLight to help instead of a paltry level 11 or 12. Do you have proof that a thrall that was given blood from a level 5 vamp. would have no effect. Or that the Dev's would not deviate from the norm, by addressing this fly in the ointment. I agree all this is speculation, and no I like my body parts so no betting today. I am entitled to my opinion as are you.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes