4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
So is this a bug or what? When I wake up, everyone was out of the cave and outside at the hide out, sharon had turned Laurie.

These are the stats. I think any mod would have shown the changes to the stat numbers?
It looks like LB/Ptolemy made a mistake in the latest update. In ep4part2.rpy:683 they use "scene badend" rather than "jump badend" which causes the bad end to display but not actually end the game.
Arigon if you wouldn't mind passing this along.

Edit: Meushi already pointed this out I guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Meushi

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It looks like LB/Ptolemy made a mistake in the latest update. In ep4part2.rpy:683 they use "scene badend" rather than "jump badend" which causes the bad end to display but not actually end the game.
i think that was discussed recently.

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
you can facepalm my Astrid prediction all you want.....
I just hope you take it with some dignity when the last thing she sees is the MC squirting on her face, then feeling her life drain into his belly.
:D
Astrid is crazy to the bone. You can't psychologically diagnose fictional characters obviously but she reminds me of someone I know with borderline personality disorder.
As far as diablerizing her, bits of the diablerie victim's soul have been known to come along for the ride and I wouldn't want to risk having Astrid ending up as a voice in my head :oops:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Astrid is crazy to the bone. You can't psychologically diagnose fictional characters obviously but she reminds me of someone I know with borderline personality disorder.
As far as diablerizing her, bits of the diablerie victim's soul have been known to come along for the ride and I wouldn't want to risk having Astrid ending up as a voice in my head :oops:
She is not powerful enough to warrant an asterisk in your brain... drink deeply and freely!:geek::p(y):sneaky:

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Claws and VS can save you, again, different screens.
What is VS? And how do we get Claws? This seems to be attainable in Ep1 AFAICT.
I've got 34 Stealth and 34 Charisma but only 15 Prowess so I got the same screen.
I wish our disciplines were listed down in our Character Information.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I've got 34 Stealth and 34 Charisma but only 15 Prowess so I got the same screen.
mc gets those in early game.

my stats are 34, 34 and 40.

Reactions: Warscared

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Astrid was set up as an antagonist from the start, takes some mental gymnastics to get love interest from that.
good thing I havw a flexible and open mind.
Let's start from the way our brave but not omnipotent MC met Astrid; by rescuing her from the morgue when her nihilistic nature caused her to fall into torpor... but wait... that's the kind of vampires Arigon likes, but I guess since she didn't turn out to be a genderbending tzimishe, he lost any interest in her, I'm not judging... back on topic at the start Astrid is just a "damsel in distress" with some beef to pick with Sharon. (let's put a pin here so we can talk about it at a later point) Others may not like that type but I'm a sucker for such gal.
From the first meeting she was interested in MC to the point of stalking him, resulting in MC having to thrall Laurie, and our merry bunch of nightwalkers was forced to investigate the situation in scottstown. Meanwhile Astrid acted, and we don't know the extent of arcon Baldie's involvement, with the promise that she could've kept the MC for herself. Maybe she just wanted to irritate Sharon, maybe she wanted to drink the MC dry (although that would imply she knew she could benefit from doing so and MC wouldn't just be a vamp flavored jiuce), perhaps she wanted to entrall him by making him drink her blood, or perhaps, and this is the angle I like the most, Astrid wanted someone to share the unlife with after Sharon's betrayal.
If we compare what Astrid did to Gregor and what Sharon did to Ivy, niether is morally good, but Astrid doesn't pretend to be something she's not ("she's just as ugly as us, but on the inside" said Marric about Sharon) nor denies herself pleasures (Sharon commented when MC's pecker didn't work that he wasn't the one being denied sex).
Astrid was also honest about her actions, both at the investiture and in the car, and she allowed herself to be captured, knowing well that it could spell her final death, yet she took her chances just to get into MC's head and present him an alternative to being Sharon's lap dog. and in the cage we have a variable that could be the start of her path. We also have the broken minded Gregor caling Sharon her disappoinment and telling MC that she (Astrid) would welcome him with open arms.
Now, let's remove the pin from the situation with Astrid and Sharon and how entangled those two are. You're aware Ptolemy pulls his weight in the development of Rebirth, so allow me to remind you of another game he does... Arigon llikes to bring it's rich in lore source material,and I'll just focus on one aspect of that game... In Alexandra, Alex and Izzy are close and the game almost punishes you for not having a trouple relationship with Alex and Izzy, the player is also free to kill one, but that results in MC being killed. From that I deduct there will be hell to pay for giving Astrid to Calisto and that dagger might cost us more than a bloody penny,and that's a price I'm not willing to pay.
Finally, even if we may have sex with Calisto, that's never gonna be more than keeping her busy while Cindy or someone wlse fethches her a drink. So that leaves us a spot on the "five love intests list" that Astrid would gladly take.

• Angry
Reactions: Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
good thing I havw a flexible and open mind.
Let's start from the way our brave but not omnipotent MC met Astrid; by rescuing her from the morgue when her nihilistic nature caused her to fall into torpor... but wait... that's the kind of vampires Arigon likes, but I guess since she didn't turn out to be a genderbending tzimishe, he lost any interest in her, I'm not judging... back on topic at the start Astrid is just a "damsel in distress" with some beef to pick with Sharon. (let's put a pin here so we can talk about it at a later point) Others may not like that type but I'm a sucker for such gal.
From the first meeting she was interested in MC to the point of stalking him, resulting in MC having to thrall Laurie, and our merry bunch of nightwalkers was forced to investigate the situation in scottstown. Meanwhile Astrid acted, and we don't know the extent of arcon Baldie's involvement, with the promise that she could've kept the MC for herself. Maybe she just wanted to irritate Sharon, maybe she wanted to drink the MC dry (although that would imply she knew she could benefit from doing so and MC wouldn't just be a vamp flavored jiuce), perhaps she wanted to entrall him by making him drink her blood, or perhaps, and this is the angle I like the most, Astrid wanted someone to share the unlife with after Sharon's betrayal.
If we compare what Astrid did to Gregor and what Sharon did to Ivy, niether is morally good, but Astrid doesn't pretend to be something she's not ("she's just as ugly as us, but on the inside" said Marric about Sharon) nor denies herself pleasures (Sharon commented when MC's pecker didn't work that he wasn't the one being denied sex).
Astrid was also honest about her actions, both at the investiture and in the car, and she allowed herself to be captured, knowing well that it could spell her final death, yet she took her chances just to get into MC's head and present him an alternative to being Sharon's lap dog. and in the cage we have a variable that could be the start of her path. We also have the broken minded Gregor caling Sharon her disappoinment and telling MC that she (Astrid) would welcome him with open arms.
Now, let's remove the pin from the situation with Astrid and Sharon and how entangled those two are. You're aware Ptolemy pulls his weight in the development of Rebirth, so allow me to remind you of another game he does... Arigon llikes to bring it's rich in lore source material,and I'll just focus on one aspect of that game... In Alexandra, Alex and Izzy are close and the game almost punishes you for not having a trouple relationship with Alex and Izzy, the player is also free to kill one, but that results in MC being killed. From that I deduct there will be hell to pay for giving Astrid to Calisto and that dagger might cost us more than a bloody penny,and that's a price I'm not willing to pay.
Finally, even if we may have sex with Calisto, that's never gonna be more than keeping her busy while Cindy or someone wlse fethches her a drink. So that leaves us a spot on the "five love intests list" that Astrid would gladly take.
Ah FunFuntomes, Ayhsel Long Long ago called dibs on Astrid.
I think you will have a difficult to impossible task of plucking her from his grasp!

Astrid is a bit of a caricature of a depraved monster without a moral compass. She is a plot device. She is not, for a fact, a love interest. Not a potential love interest, not a footnoted love interest, nothing but a pretty face on an ugly monster. And she is a juice pack to insert a straw into and drain. Now if you want to fuck her first, by all means do so. Mirri is more of a love interest than Astrid is, and Mirri is forgettable and not an issue after her one late night rape by the MC.

The potential to have Astrid returned after giving her to Calisto depends on if you succumbed to her temptation while in the cage. If so, Mommy will return her to you on the condition you destroy her. This won't be negotiable, as what you did would be considered a crime, and while Calisto can protect herself, and you from the results, it would require more of an intervention than she wants to make.

So IF we get her back, you might get a chance to rape her, but then you must kill her, the question being do you do it by staking her out for the sun? Clawing her? Or draining her soul's blood?

Morality is not so much of an argument in this game. You are a monster. All of the NPCs are monsters, except for the Hunters who seek to kill the monsters. Certainly using domination comes with a price, in terms of your embracing your inner beast, or resisting and clinging to your humanity. Sharon hunts exclusively using her gift of domination, which allows her to feed, but not kill her food creature. She does remove their choice in the matter. So she is a walking hypocrisy. Astrid is more forthright in her rejection of humanity, but she is something that Sharon is not. Untrustworthy. Sharon will not betray you. Astrid would in a heartbeat.

That said, it is not a difficult choice for me to rationalize that not only must Astrid die for what she did to Sharon, and did to Laurie, and would do to you, but she must die so that Mommy's secret and yours stays safe.

Our love interests ARE-
Calisto- which will never be a love affair of equals, but she will grow to cherish you in the only way she can.
Sharon- which will never be a love affair of equals, though her complete loyalty to you will make up a lot of ground.
Laurie- which while it will never be a love affair of equals, has an equality none the less, based on your history together.
Ivy- which will never be a love affair of equals, and will amount to constantly raping her, more or less.
Carmen- which will come the closest to being a love affair of equals that you will get, as she becomes your childe.

Play toys-
Mirri
Astrid if you acted accordingly and she is returned or you never turned her over.
Wishful thinking for Zephir and Malia
Sophie, your potential blood doll
Possibly unrevealed characters

Exclusive love binding contracts by player-
Ayhsel - Astrid for a tortured extended death, but lots of things that we do not want to watch in his snuff related show!
Ayhsel - if he was able to surrender to Cave Girl he would have, but I think even he has to give up on Inanna and Ereshkigal
Avaron1974 - Nos Girly in the Nos underground in the city, and if she gets necromantic powers, the feral nos
Arigon - Zephir
FunFuntomes - Astrid, but sadly both are killed when he refuses to let her die as she is supposed to.....

Never happening to anyone
Inanna, Ereshkigal, Eloise, Zephir-Except for Arigon :D

Peace

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
And when the MC took Astrid from the Morge he located her by detecting Malice within her. Astrid from her very introduction was not this Damsel in Distress as you suggest. When Astrid woke up all in the house was ready for battle not knowing what she would do. That in my book is a loose Cannon. Extreme Caution is required around her.

The Idea that Astrid was looking for a partner in crime and saw the MC as the flavor of the month I can't say that that can't be ruled out. No Astred's actions show the bitterness that she held against Sharon. Her true intent was to Enthrall Sharon to Marcius and to strip her charge right out from in front of him.

As I stated before Astrid is A Hedonistic Narcissist. And as such, what she can't control and manipulate she will destroy.

Now to Honesty in action The MC utilized Ivy for research purposes at first Sharon found that Ivy had no family ties and used her mind control. This was done only to further the investigation. She did not thrall her until Marcus requested it, again to further the investigations.

Astrid deliberately attempted to destroy the MC's group by soliciting hunters against them. Using Gregor as bait to close the loose ends ruw to the failed attempt.

Because Astrid Betrayed her Kind is the reason why she has a death sentence pronounced upon her. Yes that was called for by the MC as the true De-Facto Archon. Y.ou know as well as anyone here she is over her head in this position Hell if he wantws it hw could probably that the slot away from the princepts as well.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Sorry, I just saw this
VS is Vicious Strength, you gain that by having a high prowess, claws, and invisibility, which you use to bash Merrick with and capture him, returning him to the house. If your prowess is not approaching 35 by that point you will not gain VS.
Claws is in Chapter 1, VS is Chapter 3, Invisibility is Chapter 1.
I posted mine earlier but Stealth 29, Charisma 32, Prowess 41- Powers Claws, Invisibility, Whispers, Vicious Strength, Visions which we all get, and some meta abilities that all vampires get.

I think that this is more or less answered already, but I didn't want you to think I ignored you.

FYI on my second and only other character, which I use to QC the alternate choices, my stats are actually higher!!!
My choices though, are quite the opposite of what I did in my "real" play through.

Peace

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
And when the MC took Astrid from the Morge he located her by detecting Malice within her. Astrid from her very introduction was not this Damsel in Distress as you suggest. When Astrid woke up all in the house was ready for battle not knowing what she would do. That in my book is a loose Cannon. Extreme Caution is required around her.

The Idea that Astrid was looking for a partner in crime and saw the MC as the flavor of the month I can't say that that can't be ruled out. No Astred's actions show the bitterness that she held against Sharon. Her true intent was to Enthrall Sharon to Marcius and to strip her charge right out from in front of him.

As I stated before Astrid is A Hedonistic Narcissist. And as such, what she can't control and manipulate she will destroy.

Now to Honesty in action The MC utilized Ivy for research purposes at first Sharon found that Ivy had no family ties and used her mind control. This was done only to further the investigation. She did not thrall her until Marcus requested it, again to further the investigations.

Astrid deliberately attempted to destroy the MC's group by soliciting hunters against them. Using Gregor as bait to close the loose ends ruw to the failed attempt.

Because Astrid Betrayed her Kind is the reason why she has a death sentence pronounced upon her. Yes that was called for by the MC as the true De-Facto Archon. Y.ou know as well as anyone here she is over her head in this position Hell if he wantws it hw could probably that the slot away from the princepts as well.
thank you for spelling out what she did to Sharon a lot more than I did for those who do not recall!!!
And you are absolutely spot on in your assessment.
Peace

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Sorry, I shouldn't laugh but someone said Astrid was a damsel in distress and that's just the ultimate lols.
Of course in an AVN like this, we can't have complete license to do as we wish, but Arigon wishes he could have drained her dry on that slab, and quietly closed it back up.... watching Sharon's reaction would have been Priceless!

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes