4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
:love:I recently played a game called L. I. S. C. - (Life In Santa County) and want :WaitWhat:Rebirth to be a fun game like this one, with gallery, replay, animation, hot bangable female characters and better looking renders with lots of foreplay (if not sex) Also without new seperate episode after every few monthly updates:WeSmart:.
My suggestion is stick to L.I.S.C. because Rebirth is what it is. You obviously have had issues with it for a long time, pass on to the new game dude.
Peace

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
It's been such a long time since Zephir last made an appearance that I literally just completely forgot who the character is and what she did (everything other than her looks and being a vamp, is basically zilch in my memory lol), so someone will need to remind me.

Since my canon playthrough is Sharon saving Laurie, my expectation for content with this month's update is very low (wouldn't be surprised even if content was non-existent), but even so I guess a little bit of content (for Sharon saves Laurie players) would still be nice.

Reactions: Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
It's been such a long time since Zephir last made an appearance that I literally just completely forgot who the character is and what she did (everything other than her looks and being a vamp, is basically zilch in my memory lol), so someone will need to remind me.

Since my canon playthrough is Sharon saving Laurie, my expectation for content with this month's update is very low (wouldn't be surprised even if content was non-existent), but even so I guess a little bit of content (for Sharon saves Laurie players) would still be nice.
I 100000% agree we need more Zephir. I am also greedy and hope that there is still some for us who chose wisely lol.
I’m not going to hold my breath.

I think there will be two episodes more to deal with Astrid choices, and possibly several more till we are back to one story line because of Laurie.

Sniffles. Probably little for Zephir fans.
Peace

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
All in all, it is not good to be Team Astrid.
it was never about being good.
I 100000% agree we need more Zephir. I am also greedy and hope that there is still some for us who chose wisely lol.
I’m not going to hold my breath.

I think there will be two episodes more to deal with Astrid choices, and possibly several more till we are back to one story line because of Laurie.

Sniffles. Probably little for Zephir fans.
Peace
I may be wrong, but I think we didn't see Zephir since Astrid walked into the cage. they have a similar face and hairstyle so perhaps they are the same person.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Read inside the quote

it was never about being good.

When I said good, I meant a good outcome as in one which sees the Astrid crowd being able to have their fantasy that she could become a love interest, She Can't, She's not, and She Never Will Be.

I may be wrong, but I think we didn't see Zephir since Astrid walked into the cage. they have a similar face and hairstyle so perhaps they are the same person.
No, we captured Astrid pretty early in chapter 3, Zephir came to tell the MC to come see Marcius after that.

Astrid exudes wrongness to the MC, Zephir never has done that. Remember when Astrid was on the slab?
I am quite certain @FunFuntomes that you are going to be very disappointed with how Astrid's small part "physically" plays in the novel. She is either going to run for it with her two thralls once we get Olivia back to the house, or she will be a snack for a loving reunion with Calisto. Snake ka bob actually. She will be drained, done and dead.
Peace

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Read inside the quote
Not so sure as you except for the LI part ( I am pretty sure she is meant as an overcome able antagonist), for me I can see a path though where trusting Astrid too much or too much room given to her by C can lead to a game over though or deaths of those MC cares for. I suspect some drama still has to play out between Sharon and Astrid before Astrid fully disappears, if she does in one of the two ways you describe is another question (I could see her running the wrong way after overhearing something about the old Nos bunker for example) and that drama may well lead to into it. :p

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Not so sure as you except for the LI part ( I am pretty sure she is meant as an overcome able antagonist), for me I can see a path though where trusting Astrid too much or too much room given to her by C can lead to a game over though or deaths of those MC cares for. I suspect some drama still has to play out between Sharon and Astrid before Astrid fully disappears, if she does in one of the two ways you describe is another question (I could see her running the wrong way after overhearing something about the old Nos bunker for example) and that drama may well lead to into it. :p
You do come up with good thoughts! I mean anything is possible. I’m just thinking that the main thing left for her is how she leaves, walking and available for a sequel, or dead dead. We shall see my friend!!!
Peace

• Angry
Reactions: FunFuntomes

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
You do come up with good thoughts! I mean anything is possible. I’m just thinking that the main thing left for her is how she leaves, walking and available for a sequel, or dead dead. We shall see my friend!!!
Peace
Looking back on her character arc, she had surprisingly little impact on the story for being there since the very beginning. She was always kinda just looming in the background and then hanging out in a cage after that. It would be a little bit of a waste, if she doesn't go out with a bang imo. Especially since she's still got unexplained backstory.

Reactions: bacienvu88

fortunatus

Sep 25, 2020
Looking back on her character arc, she had surprisingly little impact on the story for being there since the very beginning. She was always kinda just looming in the background and then hanging out in a cage after that. It would be a little bit of a waste, if she doesn't go out with a bang imo. Especially since she's still got unexplained backstory.
Well, yes, we dont SEE her doing much, but she has a massive impact on the story. Astrid is a puppet master, pulling strings in the backgroud. She was the one who accused Sharon and the MC of breaking the law, what launched the whole story. And she manipulated the vampire-hunters and enthralled the MC's landlady.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Well, yes, we dont SEE her doing much, but she has a massive impact on the story. Astrid is a puppet master, pulling strings in the backgroud. She was the one who accused Sharon and the MC of breaking the law, what launched the whole story. And she manipulated the vampire-hunters and enthralled the MC's landlady.
She does a bunch of random stuff without any long term plan and never thinks through if it will actually work the way she intends it (hint: it doesn't). Then she goes and willingly lets herself be captured. Quite a long way from being a "puppet master". More like "failed entrance exam of puppeteering 101".

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Astrid is a very cagey bird indeed. After losing in the court with Marcus, she then Doubled down and sent in the hunters. Using one of Mailia's stomping grounds knowing that Sharon feed there. That is how she was able to plant Carmen.
Astrid thought to remove the MC with them as a trap. Then the Hunters having been thwarted Knowing that she enthralled Gregor to Bait Carmen. This is A woman who's sole focus is to the groups ruination. Astrid then still fully expects to with the help of her Thrall's to still destroy your group who is lodged in your haven. Who she purposefully planted there to infiltrate the house, After Astrid successfully implanted him there Astrid waited allowing the group to lower their guard. Showing up at Sharon's doorstep she allows herself to ne taken,,,

Why she did that was to worm herself into your heads so to speak. Still attempting to be the tormentor and to glean intel. She knew what Sharon would do in such a situation and felt reasonably safe under her roof. Astrid's thinking was that of antagonize the group then to be let free because Sharon would not have the Strength to do what was needed. Astrid thought that the MC was malleable and could still be used by her. Astrid being releassed into Calisto's hands fed into her notion of the group not having the stomach to follow through with what is needed. That would really be sweet Astrid would never expect that you would take her life in an embrace. Calisto would expect nothing less of you. The MC gave Astrid to Calisto for disposal... Calisto must know if you can take another's life, expecting you to get your hand's dirty you so freely offered Astrid up so Cavalierly Calisto needs to know who you really are.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Just saying.
1- pussy’s way out, Astrid, Gregor, Olivia all flee.
2- Astrid is lunch while in a blood draining orgy with Calisto. As stated above I think she wants to be sure you’re “man” enough to do the deed, plus if you do it, you might learn things she already knows, plus you are proving to her that you will follow directions and are fearless.
Peace

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Just saying.
1- pussy’s way out, Astrid, Gregor, Olivia all flee.
2- Astrid is lunch while in a blood draining orgy with Calisto. As stated above I think she wants to be sure you’re “man” enough to do the deed, plus if you do it, you might learn things she already knows, plus you are proving to her that you will follow directions and are fearless.
Peace
Calisto wants a fearless MC, yes. As for following directions, I think Calisto much prefers an MC that does what needs to be done without Calisto needing to provide directions in the first place. She already has a lapdog in Cindy. Doubt she needs another one.

Remember Calisto's words when she gives that dagger: "Don't use it, and bring your claws back drenched in his blood, and I'll be even more charmed". And she let him fend for himself after turning him. She much prefers an MC that doesn't need her help.

That is Calisto prefers an MC that takes care of both Astrid and the thing in the cave by himself.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Calisto wants a fearless MC, yes. As for following directions, I think Calisto much prefers an MC that does what needs to be done without Calisto needing to provide directions in the first place. She already has a lapdog in Cindy. Doubt she needs another one.

Remember Calisto's words when she gives that dagger: "Don't use it, and bring your claws back drenched in his blood, and I'll be even more charmed". And she let him fend for himself after turning him. She much prefers an MC that doesn't need her help.

That is Calisto prefers an MC that takes care of both Astrid and the thing in the cave by himself.
I agree that Calisto wants a childe that is brave, and takes initiative, however, she also wants an obedient childe as demonstrated by forcing him to kiss her hand in respect. Being obedient with spine is the best description I can say.
Cindy is a human thrall, albeit an old one, who can kick most vampire's ass. Her childe needs to walk a thin line of being egotistical and brave and strong, yet obedient to Her will. That is the nature of the relationship she wants.
Peace

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Is it just me, I didn't get any new content in this update, it ends ate the same place as update 2

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Is it just me, I didn't get any new content in this update, it ends ate the same place as update 2
If in your playthrough you don't have saved Laurie then update 3 has no content for you. The release was kinda splitted, the part with not saved Laurie is coming with update 4.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
If in your playthrough you don't have saved Laurie then update 3 has no content for you. The release was kinda splitted, the part with not saved Laurie is coming with update 4.
How could you have saved Laurie? I didn't get any options to do so

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
How could you have saved Laurie? I didn't get any options to do so
I don't know the route details, but in my playthrough (with the multi mod from koga, but without cheating) I got that option. But (attention spoiler): Laurie was not saved "normally"! She was turned into a vamp by Sharon as a last resort!.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes