4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019
This has probably already been mentioned, but the update is listed as Episode 5 on the OP instead of Episode 4 update 5 and it's a little confusing.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I have to say, I like this update quite a bit.
Several events happened which moved story along; princeps, Virgil, Fabian, Skalds.
Greatly enjoyed MC's banter with Carmen & Sharon, and we all know that the game was building up to that sex scene between MC & Sharon, and I enjoyed it.

Though if I would give it just a slight critique, I do wish the lighting was better with these lewd/sex scenes so we'd see better what was being done (cause for a lot of them [except for that sex scene with Carmen in the bathroom], if there wasn't text to describe what was being done, I'd find it difficult to tell what was happening with just renders alone).
And while I get these scenes all happen at night (vampires and all), I'd imagine making sex scenes a little bit more visible at night is not impossible.
Not that above lighting issue dampers my overall enjoyment of the game (since I enjoy the story a lot, and that's done really well most of the times), but it might be something the devs might look to improve with their subsequent future lewd/sex scenes with LIs (even though I'd imagine there probably wouldn't be that many until the game reaches its ending).

One question regarding the update itself; how did MC's dick get hard in that sex scene with Sharon? Was there something in that drink she gave her or something?

Cause I thought in order for him to get hard, he had to feed substantial amount of blood (like he fed on 2 people before he had sex with Carmen), and from what I remember (though I could be wrong), the drinks of "blood" Sharon has in her wine glasses were just for bare minimum of sustenance, and not as potent as the fresh blood. :unsure:

Tbh, I didn't expect MC to have sex with Sharon until MC mastered that dick magic (lol) trick that Callisto does, so.....

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
One question regarding the update itself; how did MC's dick get hard in that sex scene with Sharon? Was there something in that drink she gave her or something?

Cause I thought in order for him to get hard, he had to feed substantial amount of blood (like he fed on 2 people before he had sex with Carmen), and from what I remember (though I could be wrong), the drinks of "blood" Sharon has in her wine glasses were just for bare minimum of sustenance, and not as potent as the fresh blood. :unsure:

Tbh, I didn't expect MC to have sex with Sharon until MC mastered that dick magic (lol) trick that Callisto does, so.....
MC had enough blood in his system to operate normally, he didn't NEED it, thats why she gave it to him straight before the act, so that he had excess that he could use more... productively

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Carmen scene was better imo but both are too dark. I thought vampires would be using candles for these things.

Reactions: JJJ84

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
My compressed unofficial Android ports of:

Rebirth EP1 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Rebirth EP2 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Rebirth EP3 v1 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Rebirth EP4 update 5 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

To move from EP1 to EP2 go to storage/SDcard Wills747/rebirth.ep1 (or rebirth.ep2) and copy RebirthP1.renpy.org into Wills747/rebirth.ep2 folder
To move from EP2 to EP3 go to storage/SDcard Wills747/rebirth.ep2 and copy RebirthP1.renpy.org AND RebirthP2.renpy.org into Documents/Wills747/rebirth.ep3 folder
To move from Ep3 to Ep4, I will move the files for you.
Updated my Android port to Ep4 Update 5

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Rebirth Hotfixes updated for Ep. 4 Update 5.

No obvious errors in the new update 5 content, this hotfix corrects outstanding errors from previous updates.

None of the previously noted typos have been corrected, this hotfix corrects an additional 23+ lines of dialog in the update 5 content.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019
Finished playing the new update. Overall I'm a little disappointed with this update. We've been literally teased for years so I was expecting something really special for

On the live Laurie path, an awake MC suddenly finding Andrew "looming" over him was disconcerting and seemed odd. Something is not quite right there. I expect this is a result of a bad copy and paste from the dead Laurie path where the MC awakes with Andrew looming over them. It really doesn't fit or work when the MC is already awake.

There are also two interesting images of Virgil included in the update that didn't or haven't as yet made it into the game,
Here are the two included but not yet in game Virgil images for those interested:

The MC's use of his Whispers power to get into
was pretty cool though. It's also now obvious that the
is
puppet. I was picturing the strings attaching them during the scene.

Last edited:

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
The MC's use of his Whispers power to get into
was pretty cool though.
You think so? I thought it was a little weird how the PC for the first time ever and out of the blue goes for a handshake. That's a little hamfisted imo. I can't even think of another time anybody shook hands in this game.

Reactions: hawk784563
Dec 28, 2019
You think so? I thought it was a little weird how the PC for the first time ever and out of the blue goes for a handshake. That's a little hamfisted imo. I can't even think of another time anybody shook hands in this game.
The MC has been increasingly assertive over the past chapter. If anything he seems insufficiently cautious when dealing with Virgil and the princeps, but I'm not entirely surprised that he's being forward with a goon he knows he can take when push comes to shove. It's a dominance play masquerading as a handshake. He's knocking the goon off balance in advance with info the goon doesn't yet know and making it clear that the MC is higher in the pecking order and will be the one in charge, not the goon.

Last edited:

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
The MC has been increasingly assertive over the past chapter. If anything he seems insufficiently cautious when dealing with Virgil and the princeps, but I'm not entirely surprised that he's being forward with a goon he knows he can take when push comes to shove. It's a dominance play masquerading as a handshake. He's knocking the goon off balance in advance with info the goon doesn't yet know and making it clear that the MC is higher in the pecking order and will be the one in charge, not the goon.
That's all well and good, if this wasn't such an obvious and a little cheap excuse to have the PC accidentally use his power.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes