4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

Hi

We're working on the update. Little scripting so far. Mostly just making renders.
So far so good. This update will be larger than usual. I have a little extra time this month. Focus will be on the gang having a little fun in their down time, while they keep preparing for their next expedition.

Best regards
Likesblondes

Lolas Razor

Mar 19, 2022
hey i get this error while ending ep2 and again while starting ep3. then all my stats are gone in ep3. any ideas?
edit: nevermind me , just read about the save transfer fix

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 126, in script
    $ choose_save ( 2 )
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 126, in <module>
    $ choose_save ( 2 )
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 84, in choose_save
    mp2_3.gameSave2 = assign_save()
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 72, in assign_save
    27 : mirisex1,
NameError: global name 'mirisex1' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 126, in script
    $ choose_save ( 2 )
  File "C:\Users\Razoraber\Downloads\Rebirthep2-ep2ver1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Razoraber\Downloads\Rebirthep2-ep2ver1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 126, in <module>
    $ choose_save ( 2 )
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 84, in choose_save
    mp2_3.gameSave2 = assign_save()
  File "game/z_save_transfer_V2.rpy", line 72, in assign_save
    27 : mirisex1,
NameError: global name 'mirisex1' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Rebirth episode 2 ep2ver1
Fri Nov 11 08:57:57 2022

Last edited:

Glaz64

Jun 11, 2017
Story quality took a definite dive in the last section.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Basically, the author committed what is for me one of the cardinal sins of writing: Flushing the previous world logic and character intelligence, attitude etc down the toilet for the sake of making it easier to hit a plot point. It's a classic example of shitting on your long term story for the sake of a very short term easy ride.

Hopefully it was just a blip and quality picks back up. But I'm not sure. It feels like this whole stage in the story the writer has been struggling to hit plot points while also keeping the story moving at the desired pace, and quality is taking the hit to make that possible.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Story quality took a definite dive in the last section.

Basically, the author committed what is for me one of the cardinal sins of writing: Flushing the previous world logic and character intelligence, attitude etc down the toilet for the sake of making it easier to hit a plot point. It's a classic example of shitting on your long term story for the sake of a very short term easy ride.

Hopefully it was just a blip and quality picks back up. But I'm not sure. It feels like this whole stage in the story the writer has been struggling to hit plot points while also keeping the story moving at the desired pace, and quality is taking the hit to make that possible.
I see what you are saying about the change in the MC's attitude, but I took it another way.

After Calisto's meeting the MC found himself locked into returning and realized he had to go back. Knowing at that point that he was damned if he did, and damned if he didn't. It was at this point that the change in the attitude of the MC occurred. Steeling himself he then went on to find out everything he could about the enemy, and to garner support.

I personally can see why the change occurred in my view. I will acknowledge the fact that the pace has slowed some but that is to be expected as all stories have an ebb and flow to it. IMO. I just don't see the ruinous faux pa that you suggest. But at the end it's all subjective and each has their own opinion.
Pease.

Glaz64

Jun 11, 2017
I see what you are saying about the change in the MC's attitude, but I took it another way.

After Calisto's meeting the MC found himself locked into returning and realized he had to go back. Knowing at that point that he was damned if he did, and damned if he didn't. It was at this point that the change in the attitude of the MC occurred. Steeling himself he then went on to find out everything he could about the enemy, and to garner support.

I personally can see why the change occurred in my view. I will acknowledge the fact that the pace has slowed some but that is to be expected as all stories have an ebb and flow to it. IMO. I just don't see the ruinous faux pa that you suggest. But at the end it's all subjective and each has their own opinion.
Pease.
While I agree the rationalization you describe regarding his attitude would make sense, there is no effort in the writing to make that case. The MC never questions himself, or asks himself if this is a good idea. There is no attempt to make any contingency plan. Before the meeting with C, the MC was open about how terrified of the cave he was, then afterwards he was totally OTT aggressive about getting it done. He brushed aside the Nos concerns and entirely rational attempts to figure out what they were getting into (although his research attempts have all been half assed and useless to this point). This could potentially be explained if C did something to affect his mind, but during the meeting there was no indication of anything, while even his first encounter when he was turned he had some indication something wasn't right.

The build up to the encounter with this ancient was pretty good, and I understand it is difficult to transition from the build up to the encounter itself without giving too much away and dealing with the power of the ancient that is multiple magnitudes above anything else we've seen in the story so far. But it unfortunately just seems like the author has got himself in a bind, and has chosen to escape by using multiple fairly dumb plot devices and by sacrificing his characters intelligence for the sake of an easy out. It is a disappointing resolution to a promising build up. As I said, I hope it improves, but I'm not currently confident.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

Hi
I know I missed last Sunday's progress update. Had to go out of town for a few days. Unfortunately that left us a bit behind on this update. Especially when it comes to dialogue.
We're still aiming for a Sunday release. But it might be Monday. Or even Tuesday. I can't really say for sure. But the release will be between Sunday and Tuesday. Just wanted to let everyone know ahead of time. We're one or maybe even two days behind.

Best regards
Likesblondes

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020

Hi
I know I missed last Sunday's progress update. Had to go out of town for a few days. Unfortunately that left us a bit behind on this update. Especially when it comes to dialogue.
We're still aiming for a Sunday release. But it might be Monday. Or even Tuesday. I can't really say for sure. But the release will be between Sunday and Tuesday. Just wanted to let everyone know ahead of time. We're one or maybe even two days behind.

Best regards
Likesblondes
Who is she ?

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
oh a new nurse blood doll, nice!
she can be used to attract pervert old men who are past their shelf date
and therefore after feeding just lay them down in bed and puff died in their sleep!

or give us access to the coma part of the hospital and we sip a bit here and there and none is the wiser!
or the trauma department... that must be well stocked with blood bags! and with almost dieing people!
or the cancer ward half of them are dead already so just take away their pain along with their blood!

xXWolfZz

May 26, 2020
Pros
The story is pretty good and intriguing.
Nos are pretty cool designs and not generic

Cons
not enough sex scenes
felt like not enough choice to be dark (personally I wanted to betray the main girl Sharon for Calisto or the blonde chick stuck in the cage)

I liked it overall. I will watch your career with great interest.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes