4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
random events and choices only happen in episode 1?
Yes, as far as I remember only there

EP1/Update 2: in the club with Sharon (charisma) / training with Eloise (prowess) / training with Merrick (stealth)
EP1/Update 3: cover Sharon with a towel (sets variable) / training with Merrick (stealth) / training with Eloise (prowess)
EP1/Update 8: Andrew "fight" (prowess) / try to unlock a door (stealth)

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Warscared

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
All I cared about personally was that what had been listed was official. I know a lot of speculation happens on forums like this, so I didn't want to see some post, say "Got it, cool" and then find out it's completely wrong later. I like the plot, characterization, and background of stories more than anything else. If it's some loose interpretation of that one time a conversation was heard at a bus stop while reading a newspaper or something, I'd rather not muck up my head with useless details. I don't have any problem with theories, but I don't like them being stated as fact if they are not.
Well what is for certain is that the MC is right below Calisto and Callisto is above everybody but Vision girl and the creature from the black lagoon.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Well what is for certain is that the MC is right below Calisto and Callisto is above everybody but Vision girl and the creature from the black lagoon.
Well, given that Calisto hasn't heard of either of those before, it's pretty easy to see this is true. Vision Girl and Pool Monster are both to Calisto what she is to most other vampires.

And obviously the MC is younger than Sharon, who is younger than people like Marcius, Markus, Carius, Fabian, Virgil or Roland. Given the rarity of her power, I'd assume Zephyr is also decently old, but we obviously know next to nothing about her. Maybe her power simply comes from a line that doesn't create many "children" vamps (not sure if they'd be called "childer" in this lore).

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
and mommy wants to remain as queen of the hill so she orders mc to deal (kill) that pool ancient.
And giving the task to someone who hasn't yet proven himself "strong" in her eyes makes a lot of sense. If you've made certain choices, she's appreciated and even enjoyed the MC so far. Why not take your only entertainment in centuries and send him away to likely destruction? Solid logic from that one.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
I fully intend on springing that trap when I get the chance. She's smoking!
Well, given that Calisto hasn't heard of either of those before, it's pretty easy to see this is true. Vision Girl and Pool Monster are both to Calisto what she is to most other vampires.

And obviously the MC is younger than Sharon, who is younger than people like Marcius, Markus, Carius, Fabian, Virgil or Roland. Given the rarity of her power, I'd assume Zephyr is also decently old, but we obviously know next to nothing about her. Maybe her power simply comes from a line that doesn't create many "children" vamps (not sure if they'd be called "childer" in this lore).
What I find really interesting is that the MC has all these powers that baffle Sharon and others, The MC probably inherited them from his maker unless the Dev/Author wants to go even more mysterious than that. Also I think Calisto is far older and powerful than the one who turned Sharon into a Vampire. So even though the MC is younger than Sharon and others,his powers are still unknown which makes hima wildcard and threat to Vamps like Marcius. The dream Vamp is getting more scary, does she want the MC or kill him. What is the purpose of the visions?. Is it just to scare him? invite him?,warn him?,join her side?.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
What I find really interesting is that the MC has all these powers that baffle Sharon and others, The MC probably inherited them from his maker unless the Dev/Author wants to go even more mysterious than that. Also I think Calisto is far older and powerful than the one who turned Sharon into a Vampire. So even though the MC is younger than Sharon and others,his powers are still unknown which makes hima wildcard and threat to Vamps like Marcius.
Yeah, there's a reason I said "younger" and not "less powerful". I was talking about timelines and ages specifically. It's extremely obvious as the story goes along that the MC in incredibly powerful compared to many, that the only reason he hasn't done a huge amount of more impressive stuff is that it's a somewhat latent and usually untrained thing. If the fight with Marcius is anything to go by, if the MC uses Ride the Senses instead of fighting himself, clearly he can influence minds that are considerably older than his own. So yes, of course his power is far greater than many who have been vampires longer.
The dream Vamp is getting more scary, does she want the MC or kill him. What is the purpose of the visions?. Is it just to scare him? invite him?,warn him?,join her side?.
Yeah, no idea on these. I suspect she's something of a puppet master when it comes to the dreams. The question is whether it's to the MC's detriment or benefit. It's hard to know for sure, although I feel like diablerie is probably a sign of the former. But we don't know for sure, ofc.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
What is the purpose of the visions?
Most simple explanation would be "walk the crimson path", or walk the path of blood... Kill just for the bloodlust...
He gets the first vision when he's turning.... But when hunting the feral he gets to see another face in his visions...
Possibly the girl in his visions is connected to his bloodline, some ancestor, the voice of bloodlust...
But the Nos seem to get the same visions when they get mindcontrolled by the thing in the cave.... (However they never see the other face, while MC is able to break her spell) So the most important question is are dreamgirl and cave thing the same vampire or can the cave thing influence your visions? (Like you both are descendents of dreamgirl and able to see her)

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Most simple explanation would be "walk the crimson path", or walk the path of blood... Kill just for the bloodlust...
He gets the first vision when he's turning.... But when hunting the feral he gets to see another face in his visions...
Possibly the girl in his visions is connected to his bloodline, some ancestor, the voice of bloodlust...
But the Nos seem to get the same visions when they get mindcontrolled by the thing in the cave.... (However they never see the other face, while MC is able to break her spell) So the most important question is are dreamgirl and cave thing the same vampire or can the cave thing influence your visions? (Like you both are descendents of dreamgirl and able to see her)
Well that would be even more deep of a rabbit hole if the MC has lineage that traces back centuries and is connected to Vampires in some way or other. It would also make the mystery even more complex. I mean what would that mean for the MC?.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Well that would be even more deep of a rabbit hole if the MC has lineage that traces back centuries and is connected to Vampires in some way or other. It would also make the mystery even more complex. I mean what would that mean for the MC?.
In biblical terms we all come from Adam and Eve. But in this case i think it's more the vampire bloodline "ancestor"...
Maybe vision girl is the first or both MC and cave thing vampire originated from her bloodline...
The visions start when you are turning, you get them too when feeding and near the cavething you get them too....
The confused Nox tell you what they see and it's much like you do, but you can resist being mindcontrolled...
Even without your real ancestors that's creepy enough i'd say... ;)

Edit : Your own "riding the senses" skill seems to work much like the mindcontrol the cavething uses....

Last edited:
Reactions: JaszMan

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So the most important question is are dreamgirl and cave thing the same vampire or can the cave thing influence your visions? (Like you both are descendents of dreamgirl and able to see her)
Dream Girl and Cave Monster (in her "real form") could be the same vampire, but I'm not convinced. There are several differences in facial features (especially the eyes, and the mouth a little bit), although those could be due to an "enraged" form or something along those lines.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still, though, Dream Girl doesn't beckon for the MC to find her now. (Did she ever? I can't remember from the very early game.) What would be the motive for reaching him in his dreams if she doesn't try to get him to come to her? Maybe she wants the MC to weaken somehow through nefarious acts (diablerie only being the most recent one). But that's only assuming that those do, in fact, weaken his resolve so she could call him to her again and he wouldn't resist this time.

We don't know enough to say for sure. We don't know if diablerie would make him more manipulable. We don't know why she wouldn't be trying to wear him down steadily by more frequent visions. We also don't know why some vampires (like the Nos or the MC) got lured to the Cave Monster but only the MC (AFAIK) has had Dream Girl visions. Everyone else seems to be like, "What are you talking about?" I feel like there's a motive missing for the difference in their behaviors if we assume they're the same.

As far as being from the same ancestor, I think that's also a bit hard to determine. We only know that both Cave Monster and Dream Girl are ancient / obscure enough that nobody seems to know anything about either of them (other than direct experience at the failed mission or in the MC's mind). I think it's more likely that the MC and Cave Monster both are somewhere descended from Dream Girl. At least, that seems more plausible to me than that they are the same vampire.

There are many strong similarities between their faces, despite the differences I pointed out before. So I think being a descendent is at least reasonably likely. But again, we just don't have enough information really to know. And, like I said, maybe her face has different forms depending on circumstance. We've already seen for sure that Cave Monster has multiple appearances, depending on where / how she's shown up.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
And giving the task to someone who hasn't yet proven himself "strong" in her eyes makes a lot of sense. If you've made certain choices, she's appreciated and even enjoyed the MC so far. Why not take your only entertainment in centuries and send him away to likely destruction? Solid logic from that one.
she has full trust of mc's capabilities.

What is the purpose of the visions?
to keep players playing and provide something weird to be expected.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Reached Episode 4 and I think I got one of my questions revealed, whether the dream Vamp was friend or foe or neutral. Not Friend it seems. Predator only. Still not understanding the point of the visions of her all this time.

• Hey there
Reactions: Warscared

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
she has full trust of mc's capabilities.
Does she? Even after he's returned to report that the initial endeavor was a complete failure? I don't think she does. I think she hopes so, but I think she has some doubts (like she would with anybody, not just the MC specifically).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Does she? Even after he's returned to report that the initial endeavor was a complete failure? I don't think she does. I think she hopes so, but I think she has some doubts (like she would with anybody, not just the MC specifically).
well mc is her best asset to deal with that other ancient. not like she can march to princeps office and order them to give her battalion (well she could but doubt her request would be fulfilled).

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Dream Girl and Cave Monster (in her "real form") could be the same vampire, but I'm not convinced.
It's as you say, could be, but we don't know enough yet... So far i just assumed the "human" girl was the same..
The cavething looks more like some aztec statue... (Much like the Nos look like pretty much anything but human)
If it's based on the Inanna myth it's possible vision girl is Inanna and cave thing is her sister Ereskigal...

The visions sort of warn him for the danger the thing in the cave is, the girl urges him to get stronger, so it's not unlikely your best option is to follow her advise...

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
well mc is her best asset to deal with that other ancient. not like she can march to princeps office and order them to give her battalion (well she could but doubt her request would be fulfilled).
My guess would be that she just doesn't want to do that. I feel pretty confident that, if she wanted to, she could force even the Princeps to do her bidding. (I don't know, ofc, but it seems like she probably could.) But regardless of her power or otherwise, I think the primary reason is just she has no desire to do that. I definitely agree that the MC is her best asset, and I'm sure she recognizes this. I get the impression, though — especially with sycophants like Cindy — that she's been disappointed so often that she doesn't have a lot of faith in anyone but herself. That will probably change (regarding the MC specifically), but I don't think we're there yet.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I definitely agree that the MC is her best asset, and I'm sure she recognizes this.
He or Fabian, I think. Yet, Fabian would most likely have something in exchange or, at least, is not that interesting as our MC is. MC is fresh, have a lot to learn, she can bend him more and has suprised her at least a few times, yet not always positiv (failed elder killing).
Although Fabian might be more powerful, at current time, but have his own goals for sure and isn't as interest as he is anymore, as she knows him for a few hunderts years at least.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
He or Fabian, I think. Yet, Fabian would most likely have something in exchange or, at least, is not that interesting as our MC is. MC is fresh, have a lot to learn, she can bend him more and has suprised her at least a few times, yet not always positiv (failed elder killing).
Although Fabian might be more powerful, at current time, but have his own goals for sure and isn't as interest as he is anymore, as she knows him for a few hunderts years at least.
Definitely true. I also have my doubts that Fabian would've succeeded, either. I feel like Cave Monster is considerably more powerful than anyone even remotely realizes. Those who seem to know the most are (again) only experientially knowledgeable, like the MC and some survivors now (Andrew, Sharon, and barely Laurie, depending on choices). Although, of course, the rest of those all have considerably less understanding than the MC's own limited grasp of her power. IDK how the MC's power is compared to him, but Fabian is definitely clever, so whatever difference in choices he would've made might have also let him get away successfully.

The Cave Monster is definitely a hard task to complete; even with knowledge, I suspect she's an extraordinarily difficult foe. Maybe that's why she's confined to her pool of water. She might have been imprisoned there anciently to prevent her from devastating most of the world. (That's probably already been suggested by others here, I'm sure.)

Reactions: c3p0
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes