4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
did I say he was? just that the Sire displayed traits of their curse
While this is not VTM so it is possible, I never heard of non malkavian sharing malkavian curse.

It is fine is you want to believe that sire was interested in MC, though. My understanding of what happened was that she was not. I prefer that is not the case too. I kind of tired of stories making everything one big plan traced out perfectly. It is fine if there are things that happen without someone pulling the string, just some random acts. But if I am wrong and Sire was interested in MC for more than boredom, we are most likely to learn later.

Reactions: TundraLupus

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
While this is not VTM so it is possible, I never heard of non malkavian sharing malkavian curse.

It is fine is you want to believe that sire was interested in MC, though. My understanding of what happened was that she was not. I prefer that is not the case too. I kind of tired of stories making everything one big plan traced out perfectly. It is fine if there are things that happen without someone pulling the string, just some random acts. But if I am wrong and Sire was interested in MC for more than boredom, we are most likely to learn later.
or maybe she is so interested in the MC that she would smolder his growth if she kept him, so she let him alone while observing his progress?

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020

I also would prefer for it to just be a fickle vampire doing stupid shit out of boredom, witch both works with the setting, and makes everything cooler for me, then the big, "Oh it was all my plan from the begging" thing.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
or maybe she is so interested in the MC that she would smolder his growth if she kept him, so she let him alone while observing his progress?
I have little doubt that sire will become interested. At least I hope too, cause I want her to become an important character. Luckily, when asked about whether you want to kill sire or not, the game registers that as a variable, so there are reasons to hope for.

Back to the issue at hand, what I am saying is that my understanding is that MC becoming a vampire was not something planned out and if she becomes interested in him is not something she expected when she turned him. There are some hints that could be argued in favor of a plan, like MC getting out of nowhere the chance to be the dj at the party. I am just speaking out of the way she behave. Moreover, if she really wanted to turn MC, I don't think she needed such a complex scenario to happen. She is super powerful, super hot. It would take her seconds to make MC become interested in her in a regular meeting, take MC to a private place and turn him.

But again, we have no idea

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I have little doubt that sire will become interested. At least I hope too, cause I want her to become an important character. Luckily, when asked about whether you want to kill sire or not, the game registers that as a variable, so there are reasons to hope for.

Back to the issue at hand, what I am saying is that my understanding is that MC becoming a vampire was not something planned out and if she becomes interested in him is not something she expected when she turned him. There are some hints that could be argued in favor of a plan, like MC getting out of nowhere the chance to be the dj at the party. I am just speaking out of the way she behave. Moreover, if she really wanted to turn MC, I don't think she needed such a complex scenario to happen. She is super powerful, super hot. It would take her seconds to make MC become interested in her in a regular meeting, take MC to a private place and turn him.

But again, we have no idea
she was at a party, MC was paid lots of money to dj there,
The Sire, if she was just a host, wouldn't grab and Embrace the DJ, there are rules! and it would be rude towards the host of the event. yes she could get his attention anywhere, but! the way she behaved it looks like she wanted to get to know him better before making the final choice.
but lets' ponder something more fun.. The Sire and the MC have matching thralls (both have names starting with an L, assuming Liam was her thrall), the sire is probably observing the MC and squeeling like a schoolgirl.

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
she was at a party, MC was paid lots of money to dj there,
The Sire, if she was just a host, wouldn't grab and Embrace the DJ, there are rules! and it would be rude towards the host of the event. yes she could get his attention anywhere, but! the way she behaved it looks like she wanted to get to know him better before making the final choice.
but lets' ponder something more fun.. The Sire and the MC have matching thralls (both have names starting with an L, assuming Liam was her thrall), the sire is probably observing the MC and squeeling like a schoolgirl.
Like I said, the same events can be understood as "Sire does not give a fuck". At this point, we can only wait.

About Liam, he may not be related to sire at all either. And assuming you are right, I cannot picture her squeeling at all. At most I can imagine her is sit down with a glass of blood as it was wine, licking her lips while thinking of MC.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I cannot picture her squeeling at all. At most I can imagine her is sit down with a glass of blood as it was wine, licking her lips while thinking of MC.
hey, I believe we were in agreement that she's a malkavian... it would explain why the MC has the Gift of Insight (all those visions he had) and why Laurie changed when enthralled...

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
hey, I believe we were in agreement that she's a malkavian... it would explain why the MC has the Gift of Insight (all those visions he had) and why Laurie changed when enthralled...
I actually think that she is neither of known 13 clans of VTM. I actually checked and none of them have obfuscate, auspex and protean (well, according to Marcus, his claws are not a regular protean feral claws either). MC also seems to have a variance of dominate (from what I know dominate requires to look into the eyes, but he controls the girl in the club without looking into her eyes).
Once again, it can be that we are measuring things wrongly, as this is not VTM. In the end, though, even Sharon said that she has not seen such a combination of powers. So while it can be that she has not seen a malkavian, I would find it weird. I mean, if I was writing this novel, I would not make malkavian an unheard clan, given that they are hilarious and give a flexibility for writing the story that is huge.
I do agree that if he were one of the original clans, malkavian seem the most likely, given his visions, though.

About Laurie I think is just a regular thrall behavior. At least that is what I get from Andrew and Sharon's comment.

Last edited:

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I actually think that she is neither of known 13 clans of VTM. I actually checked and none of them have obfuscate, auspex and gangrel. MC also seems to have a variance of dominate (from what I know dominate requires to look into the eyes, but he controls the girl in the club without looking into her eyes).
Once again, it can be that we are measuring things wrongly, as this is not VTM. In the end, though, even Sharon said that she has not seen such a combination of powers. So while it can be that she has not seen a malkavian, I would find it weird. I mean, if I was writing this novel, I would make malkavian an unheard clan, given that they are hilarious and give a flexibility for writing the story that is huge.
I do agree that if he were one of the original clans, malkavian seem the most likely, given his visions, though.

About Laurie I think is just a regular thrall behavior. At least that is what I get from Andrew and Sharon's comment.
the charisma power i belive in Presence, where you get people to look up/ be attracted to you and be more susceptive to your will.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
but Malks can transfer their madness even to ghouls.... what if Laurie is simply experiencing a compusive-obsessive discorder?
it can be that we are measuring things wrongly, as this is not VTM. In the end, though, even Sharon said that she has not seen such a combination of powers. So while it can be that she has not seen a malkavian, I would find it weird. I mean, if I was writing this novel, I would make malkavian an unheard clan, given that they are hilarious and give a flexibility for writing the story that is huge.
all right unless likesblondes went with the idea that malkavians are insane because they got their curse from Cain himself... and if you look at Bloodlines, all notable malks are gingers

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I actually think that she is neither of known 13 clans of VTM. I actually checked and none of them have obfuscate, auspex and protean (well, according to Marcus, his claws are not a regular protean feral claws either). MC also seems to have a variance of dominate (from what I know dominate requires to look into the eyes, but he controls the girl in the club without looking into her eyes).
Once again, it can be that we are measuring things wrongly, as this is not VTM. In the end, though, even Sharon said that she has not seen such a combination of powers. So while it can be that she has not seen a malkavian, I would find it weird. I mean, if I was writing this novel, I would not make malkavian an unheard clan, given that they are hilarious and give a flexibility for writing the story that is huge.

but Malks can transfer their madness even to ghouls.... what if Laurie is simply experiencing a compusive-obsessive discorder?

all right unless likesblondes went with the idea that malkavians are insane because they got their curse from Cain himself... and if you look at Bloodlines, all notable malks are gingers
Sorry I miswrote. I meant that I would NOT make malkavian an unheard clan. Having other malkavian character can allow for a lot of new plot development, as they are crazy but have the gift, but they don't control it. Very convenient tools to have at hand if you want to lead the plot somehow.

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

cristalblade

Feb 15, 2020
Hi! I'm using compressed versions regularly but this time all my saves cant load?
ImportError: No module named matrix???
Is it a known issue or is it just me?

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Hi! I'm using compressed versions regularly but this time all my saves cant load?
ImportError: No module named matrix???
Is it a known issue or is it just me?
It's likely the compressed version is using a different version of Ren'Py than what was used to create your existing save(s).

If so, to use your existing save(s) with this compressed version of the game you'd have to replace the version of Ren'Py it is using so it matches what was used when you created your save(s).

Doing this is a bit technical, Penfold Mole discusses this issue here.

If you can't manage that then maybe try the full version of the game instead, otherwise you'll probably need to start the game from the beginning.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
It's likely the compressed version is using a different version of Ren'Py than what was used to create your existing save(s).
Which lead to a big "why"... What is expected when downloading the unofficially compressed version is to have the game exactly as wrote, with just compressed images and videos.

Changing the version of the game engine is absolutely not needed and can potentially break the whole game ; especially when it's a downgrade. And obviously, for most of the players it's the game's author that will be blamed, being seen as someone who don't know what he do and don't care about his players ; and who would want to support such person ?
This while in fact it's the game compressor who's the asshole and ruin the author's reputation and credibility.

Reactions: Penfold Mole
4.10 star(s) 194 Votes