2.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Reifon

Nov 7, 2017
So far I think it's pretty good, I certainly won't compare the new game to some already very mature games, as a new game I think it's interesting, it has flaws but not too serious, I will definitely continue to keep an eye on this game.

But it is true that the blackmail part is a bit too deliberate. There may be a better way to handle it. It can be seen that the girls are hesitant about the blackmail part. They may also be threatened. In fact, they are not very willing to do this, although the handling here is indeed not perfect.

The effect of selection is limited. Basically, we don't have much choice in important places, but this is only the first version, and I hope there will be more places to decide in the future.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think all the brain power involved is in learning how to make a computer game, not in writing a good story or fashioning a believable setting. Yet another developer that wants to learn how to make a game while hoping people pay them to do so.

Sorry devs of this kind, you're going to have to pay me to play test your games, not the other way 'round.
^--- this is the perfect summary. All those other posts with memes are just being lazy at physically typing the above.

But the worst part... this VN's code is a complete ripoff of other VN's including BaDIK.

This is not opinion but provable fact that this dev is blatantly ripping off exact code from other VN's to hodgepodge this mess together.

Here's a small snippet example of such "honest coding" that this dev has "worked so hard on" while throwing a Patreon link, etc to ask for your support (money). Note my notes in "orange":
Python:
if fight_hit_tot == 0:
    $ fight_attack_multiplier = 0 # SanchoNote: this is exact code from BaDIK
    jump tennis_mc_missed_label # SanchoNote: this is exactly a label name from BaDIK
elif True:
    $ fight_attack_multiplier = 20 # SanchoNote: this is exact code from BaDIK
    if fight_attack_multiplier == 0:
        jump tennis_mc_missed_label # SanchoNote: this is exactly a label name from BaDIK
    elif fight_isServing:
        $ renpy.pause(3.8-t_time)
jump tennis_mc_hit_label # SanchoNote: this is exactly a label name from BaDIK

label ep4_tennis_game_label: # SanchoNote: this is exactly a label name from BaDIK
$ tennis_vs = "tennis_vs_jill" # SanchoNote: this "Tennis"/"Jill" is obviously from BaDIK, it's all from the BaDIK Tennis minigame code.
hide screen phone_screen # SanchoNote: this is exact code from BaDIK
label fight_start_label:
$ renpy.block_rollback() # SanchoNote: this is Pink's signature rollback block before the Brawler minigame, exact code from BaDIK

# SanchoNote: all the below is exact code from BaDIK, and on, and on, and on...
$ bad_hit_array = ["ep4_tennis_jill_hit1_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit2_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit3_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit4_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit5_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit6_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit7_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit8_label"]
$ bad_miss_array = ["ep4_tennis_jill_miss1_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_miss2_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_miss3_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_miss4_label"]

$ fight_time_multiplier = 0
$ fight_select_timer  = 2
$ fight_starting = True
$ fight_isServing = True
$ fight_attack_multiplier = 1.0
So, JenMistress, this is why it feels "familiar" to you.

The entire phone code, minigame code, free roam code, etc, is simply taken from other VN's and duct taped together here.

This dev is a complete poser folks... I don't know him nor do I have any vendetta... I'm just giving you the facts at hand. You decide what you want to spend your time and/or money supporting, that's your call.

Regards. I'm out.

Last edited:

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
^--- this is the perfect summary. All those other posts with memes are just being lazy at physically typing the above.

But the worst part... this VN's code is a complete ripoff of other VN's including BaDIK.

This is not opinion but provable fact that this dev is blatantly ripping off exact code from other VN's to hodgepodge this mess together.

Here's a small snippet example of such "honest coding" that this dev has "worked so hard on" while throwing a Patreon link, etc to ask for your support (money). Note my notes in "orange":
Python:
if fight_hit_tot == 0:
    $ fight_attack_multiplier = 0 # SanchoNote: this is exact code from BaDIK
elif True:
    $ fight_attack_multiplier = 20 # SanchoNote: this is exact code from BaDIK
    if fight_attack_multiplier == 0:
    elif fight_isServing:
        $ renpy.pause(3.8-t_time)
jump tennis_mc_hit_label # SanchoNote: this is exactly a label name from BaDIK

label ep4_tennis_game_label: # SanchoNote: this is exactly a label name from BaDIK
$ tennis_vs = "tennis_vs_jill" # SanchoNote: this "Tennis"/"Jill" is obviously from BaDIK, it's all from the BaDIK Tennis minigame code.
hide screen phone_screen # SanchoNote: this is exact code from BaDIK
label fight_start_label:
$ renpy.block_rollback() # SanchoNote: this is Pink's signature rollback block before the Brawler minigame, exact code from BaDIK

# SanchoNote: all the below is exact code from BaDIK, and on, and on, and on...
$ bad_hit_array = ["ep4_tennis_jill_hit1_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit2_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit3_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit4_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit5_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit6_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit7_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_hit8_label"]
$ bad_miss_array = ["ep4_tennis_jill_miss1_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_miss2_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_miss3_label", "ep4_tennis_jill_miss4_label"]

$ fight_time_multiplier = 0
$ fight_select_timer  = 2
$ fight_starting = True
$ fight_isServing = True
$ fight_attack_multiplier = 1.0
So, JenMistress, this is why it feels "familiar" to you.

The entire phone code, minigame code, free roam code, etc, is simply taken from other VN's and duct taped together here.

This dev is a complete poser folks... I don't know him nor do I have any vendetta... I'm just giving you the facts at hand. You decide what you want to spend your time and/or money supporting, that's your call.

Regards. I'm out.
Reborn code.

Anyone know if there are there rules with Ren'Py and "borrowing" code, then selling a game?

Or is this all legal in the realm of Ren'Py? Ethically, it feels wrong. But being on a piracy site, it's not my place to judge.

Wow, okay... the vibe is totally Being a DIK. The game doesn't hide its inspiration. One of the songs are the same.

There is a "Derek." The writing feels like BADIK. I have to admit, I do like the game. Mostly because I really enjoy Being a DIK and it's an unashamed clone.

The fraternity is called the "Balls." :ROFLMAO: Really, you're a Ball instead of a DIK. The MC plays guitar, but in a band. He's financially poor like BADIK MC. There's a "turtle" joke, remember Jill. Emily the librarian has a personality similar to Isabella, icy glare and barely smiles. There are jocks and nerds, but that's a common staple of the genre. Of course you fight the jocks.

Jessica seems to be their "Jill." :ROFLMAO: Bethany seems to be another Isabella and is Jessica's friend, plus warns against hanging out with the MC, same dynamic as Bella/Jill. :ROFLMAO: There are two Isabella derivatives. :eek: John Branson is superfly hair Stephen Burke with a teacher wife, and shady student connections.

Bill is a big brother Neil that taught the MC martial arts. There's a Pink Rose derivative. Both MC's parents are possibly dead instead of just his mother. He may have a mysterious familial connection to major players at the college like in BADIK.

They do need to fix the random parts that are in another language. It's lame that the MC is forced to lose his virginity to the promiscuous girl. You should have the choice to reject all intimate scenes.

Bold and unashamed of being born from Being a DIK. It's basically Being a DIK Remixed.

If they can get updates out quickly, I could see it being successful filler between BADIK releases. Otherwise, it will probably fade.

Last edited:

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
Does the mc not know what a door lock is? People just enter his room like it is a public space.

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
Is the dev in the forum? Would like to know what are the future tags :unsure:. And if he is ripping off Badik I hope he at least skips the free roam stuff

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Is the dev in the forum? Would like to know what are the future tags :unsure:. And if he is ripping off Badik I hope he at least skips the free roam stuff
The freeroams are similar but much smaller and simpler than BADIK. Quick to get through.

Basically looking for money, unlockables, texting, and optional scenes.

Also, no minigames thus far.

Reactions: holaje12

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know if there are there rules with Ren'Py and "borrowing" code, then selling a game?
This is not even an issue, IMO. Renpy is free; why would anything produced from it not be free to use?
How many remakes and adaptations have been made of movies?
You could say it's lazy coding, but then you could say everyone needs to make their own game engine, etc.

I've said this already. The dialogue is bad in the game, which, to me, kills it.

Reactions: Maxiom

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
This is not even an issue, IMO. Renpy is free; why would anything produced from it not be free to use?
How many remakes and adaptations have been made of movies?
You could say it's lazy coding, but then you could say everyone needs to make their own game engine, etc.

I've said this already. The dialogue is bad in the game, which, to me, kills it.
Fair enough. If I was developing a game, I'd feel bad completely copying and pasting another developer's code. But I'm not judging this developer for it. It's a shortcut if they currently lack the skill to code it.

I could understand DPC not being too happy about it. It's like the major DIK choice at the end of BADIK Episode 8 where you copy the test answers. :LOL:

I thought the dialogue was decent. Very BADIKish. Just a few parts have poor english that I didn't understand. I have to admit part of the fun is seeing the similarities to BADIK.

Last edited:

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I thought the dialogue was decent. Very BADIKish.
I only played BADIK way back when it came out, so I don't remember how the dialogue is. I should go back and try it again.
I do proofreading here so I'm a little biased when dialogue is poor in a game. On the other hand, certain games have established their own dialogue style that we accept. Monkey Business is a good example, IMO.

I give credit to anyone who ventures into game development. It's a non-stop roller coaster ride, from what I've seen behind the curtain. :sneaky:

Reactions: Maxiom

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
I only played BADIK way back when it came out, so I don't remember how the dialogue is. I should go back and try it again.
I do proofreading here so I'm a little biased when dialogue is poor in a game. On the other hand, certain games have established their own dialogue style that we accept. Monkey Business is a good example, IMO.
If a visual novel can keep my attention without me skipping, I consider the writing a success. Grammar and flow are very important. I like developed realistic characters too.

I recommend you get back to it. BADIK is one of the few games here that have me caring about the plot and characters.

Current games that I enjoy the writing for are Eternum, Unbroken, Summer Heat, and A Man For All.
I give credit to anyone who ventures into game development. It's a non-stop roller coaster ride, from what I've seen behind the curtain. :sneaky:
Agreed. I used to play around with RPG Maker. Took forever just to code simple things.

I'd like to try my hand at Ren'Py. Learning DAZ and rendering would be the hurdle I'd have to overcome.

Last edited:
2.00 star(s) 5 Votes