VN Ren'Py Reclaiming the Lost [v0.7] [Passion Portal]

4.10 star(s) 40 Votes

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
This thing needs a WT mod, where you increase the font size, it's a little bit small...
Maybe try this tool to see what's behind some of the story choices. It's not a walk through mod, but this tool can sometimes show if player results of a choice or if the player has met story path requirements.

To install, just extract and place the 0x52_URM file into your game folder, then run your Ren'py title exe file. And when ever there is a choice, etc....a box will apear at the top left hand corner of your screen.

screenshot0001.png

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
My small criticism for this game (and also for other games in general) is when the dev tries to write descriptions of what's happening as if we're reading a book and cannot see what's happening. It's worse when what's written doesn't really match what's shown. An example is when they got into the hotel room and the description was "It was a small, cramped space, with two beds pushed up against opposite walls." while the picture clearly showed that the room is quite spacious and the beds aren't pushed up against opposite walls.

Other than that small but consistent issue, I think the game looks interesting enough.

kratos1234

Dec 27, 2018
My small criticism for this game (and also for other games in general) is when the dev tries to write descriptions of what's happening as if we're reading a book and cannot see what's happening. It's worse when what's written doesn't really match what's shown. An example is when they got into the hotel room and the description was "It was a small, cramped space, with two beds pushed up against opposite walls." while the picture clearly showed that the room is quite spacious and the beds aren't pushed up against opposite walls.

Other than that small but consistent issue, I think the game looks interesting enough.
Well with the text I think that the creator can avoid some renders and also describes some things that still do not appear exactly the same in the game

Reactions: White Lamp

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
The dev did a pretty good job with the facial expressions indeed.
You can see the secretary changing from worried to pensive to happy.

With Chloe there's a nice moment where you can see some shame in her face if you question her streaming.

I wonder, am I alone, if the first thing I thought when I saw that girl, that they would end up together in bed, and that they later find out it's his daughter ?

A dirty mind is a joy forever...
My mind certainly went there... i don't think we are the only ones.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

G0DZillA

Feb 23, 2022
Can't wait to see what the future holds for this game, female MC? The daughter? Good luck.

Oct 22, 2017
Hey Passion_Portal .

I like the beginning of your story! (y) Keep going. :)

---------------------------

Just one little thing - you're switching between present and past tense.

You're using present all the time, then comes 'With a steady hand, you picked up ...'
Then when going for a coffee, suddenly it is 'You walked ...' This time you keep past tense for three images before returning to present.
The first is completely off, the second occurrence could be like telling the overarching stuff in past, while now zooming into the story again and continuing from the point in time you were in that café.
But there is nothing indicating that kind of structure in your story, and at least for me it throws me off like hell when in a story there are such random changes in the used tense seemingly without reason.

Edit: OK, after the start of the café scene it seems to continue mostly in past all the time. I find that much better to read. Maybe change the very beginning to be all past too?
On the other hand, while I mostly like stories written in past tense better, I think I actually prefered the beginning written in present tense here. During the cafè scene, I was always thinking 'This would sound better/more natural if it was present.'^^
We seem to play from the MCs present perspective after all.

Besides that, you're adding little details and descriptions to the text creating a nice image and atmosphere.
It reads very well. I like it a lot.
Eagerly waiting for how it will continue. :D

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 40 Votes