Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
Still can't get into my emails, used the "fix" deleted the persistent and still getting errors
Okay a few questions and we wil lgo from there. What version did this save file start (0.15 0.16 or so forth) Did you palce the file in the correct folder (it goes into the classes folder) Also what is the name of the error that you are having? How did you come across the error as well. I know it was emails so mc_pc the steps leading up to it. and a save file too if you can :D

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Reclusive Bay [v0.17.2]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Reclusive Bay [v0.17.2]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

of Reclusive Bay [v0.16.1]

di un fan Reclusive Bay [v0.16.1]

of Reclusive Bay [v0.15.5.4]

di un fan Reclusive Bay [v0.15.5.4]

of Reclusive Bay [v0.13]

di un fan Reclusive Bay [v0.13]

of Reclusive Bay [v0.1]

di un fan Reclusive Bay [v0.1]

Italian translation

Updated: 2021-08-15
Version: 0.17.2

Reactions: Sacred_Sage

Lumpy2001

Sep 15, 2017
Okay a few questions and we wil lgo from there. What version did this save file start (0.15 0.16 or so forth) Did you palce the file in the correct folder (it goes into the classes folder) Also what is the name of the error that you are having? How did you come across the error as well. I know it was emails so mc_pc the steps leading up to it. and a save file too if you can :D
I myself am still getting the error code for the email as well. I am using version 17.2 (first time playing) and the code I get is:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/MC_PC.rpy", line 1251, in script
    call screen email_app_window
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Empty text tag in u"I'm sorry {}".

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/MC_PC.rpy", line 1251, in script
    call screen email_app_window
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2009, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1997, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3057, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3693, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 437, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 557, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1770, in visit
    self.update()
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1747, in update
    tokens = self.tokenize(text)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 2221, in tokenize
    tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
  File "textsupport.pyx", line 105, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize
Exception: Empty text tag in u"I'm sorry {}".

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Reclusive Bay 0.17.2
Mon Aug 16 20:27:49 2021

Lumpy2001

Sep 15, 2017
Alright did you exchange the file in the thread? Place that file in the classes folder? Also I'll need a save file and or how the error occurred. Here is the file again just in case you can't find it.
I put it in the classes folder and deleted the other email file. Here is my save.

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
That specific error has only ever occurred on saved games. Never on a new game. Can please you attach your save game with the problem so I can investigate why that's happening? Also I'll need a save file and or how the error occurred after you send the save file.

Start by replacing the file in the attachments in the classes folder. Maybe you played before and don't remember if so this will take care of it.

Lumpy2001

Sep 15, 2017
Alright did you exchange the file in the thread? Place that file in the classes folder? Also I'll need a save file and or how the error occurred. Here is the file again just in case you can't find it.
Nevermind! I just fixed it...I never deleted the original email rpy....UGH I'm not smrt!

Sorry for the worry.

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
I put it in the classes folder and deleted the other email file. Here is my save.
Alright let me know if that file works for you if not. I am sorry trust me I hate the errors as much as you do xD My guru is pretty good at finding the culprits. I'll get back to you.

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
what skills can i use to push the rs up?

and do skills not exceed 5?
What do you mean? There are one time buys in the shop up increase RS. Skills are hacking and lockpicking. They are used to make money. Lockpicking does have a hidden scene for each girl as well.

Ron4164

Jul 31, 2018
I'm noping out of this one. It's a grindfest. Interacting with the girls seems random, and you can't interact with them in the house. With the skills on the computer, your energy is drained after 3 tries or so and you can only make a couple of hundred dollars a day. And working at the Royal and the side things of doing favors for the girls only gives another couple hundred despite upgrading equipment. It takes forever to upgrade the house because of this. No, no, no.

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
I'm noping out of this one. It's a grindfest. Interacting with the girls seems random, and you can't interact with them in the house. With the skills on the computer, your energy is drained after 3 tries or so and you can only make a couple of hundred dollars a day. And working at the Royal and the side things of doing favors for the girls only gives another couple hundred despite upgrading equipment. It takes forever to upgrade the house because of this. No, no, no.
You CAN interact with the girls in the house at night.

You can lockpick and hack more than 3 times a day just by purchasing and using the coffee and the water bottles in the shop. Both give you extra energy for the day. Coffee gives more than water, so buy accordingly.

Doing this allows you to hack/lockpick up to 5 times a day from the start of the game. You can do this on Day 1 before you're even into the free-roam section.

If you prioritize your skill perks for reduced energy, you can easily get one of them to only 10 energy per use by Day 4, and the other down to 10 energy per use by day 9 at the latest.

Funnily enough, you make money when you hack/lockpick, so by working once a day and hacking/lockpicking as much as you can, and by doing favors for the ladies, you can easily purchase the Restaurant Equipment upgrade by Day 4, and the New Wing by Day 10, and the Pool by Day 24 at the absolute latest (and since the Pool only contains 1 scene and two Eye Candy renders, it's easily the lowest in priority for purchase).

You can easily make $600 per day with absolutely minimal effort. I play through each release to gauge mechanics and game balance. All I do to make money is simply work once a day and do as much hacking/lockpicking that's available for that day, including lockpicking the ladies' doors at night (I may not get money for it, but I get the xp which helps me get the perks faster and that gets me money faster).

If that's too much of a "grindfest", then I'm sorry. I hope you at least find enjoyment from another game instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
there is a hint system that tells you every scene. and most even tell the time of day to trigger them.
Was speaking more about what points do the conversation choices generate,you know in order to gather them correctly and unlock special dialogue(events).

Like as referred above that scene when you can suggest Paige and the other lass make up without taking a side.

Reactions: ArcadiaBae

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
Was speaking more about what points do the conversation choices generate,you know in order to gather them correctly and unlock special dialogue(events).

Like as referred above that scene when you can suggest Paige and the other lass make up without taking a side.
Ah yes. The flavor text. That's the joy of the free roam, and in what order do things. :D. That cookie scene was good XD

Reactions: Tunak23

Crippy

May 28, 2018
Found this and decided to give it a go. Was pretty good and kept me engaged. Was a little grindy...but could have been worse like Foot of the Mountains.

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
Found this and decided to give it a go. Was pretty good and kept me engaged. Was a little grindy...but could have been worse like Foot of the Mountains.
Thanks for the feedback, next version that will be released in a couple weeks has another way to make money too a weekly thing added. Maybe that will make it not feel as grindy because it is a fun little game :)

Reactions: Crippy

Crippy

May 28, 2018
Thanks for the feedback, next version that will be released in a couple weeks has another way to make money too a weekly thing added. Maybe that will make it not feel as grindy because it is a fun little game :)
Its all good...I don't mind doing the hacking and lock picking events...and I have always been a fan of picture/item searching. Looking forward to the next adventure.

LinkBox88

Feb 22, 2020
Just started a new game. Seem to be stuck trying to advance the main quest.

Hint tells me to check in on the Royal in the morning but nothing happens there when I show up. I've advanced everything else as far as it goes.

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
Just started a new game. Seem to be stuck trying to advance the main quest.

Hint tells me to check in on the Royal in the morning but nothing happens there when I show up. I've advanced everything else as far as it goes.
If its the encounter I am thinking about where to talk to Vivian INSIDE The Royal. If you already seen that one open up the dev panel with shift - O and type this

Vivian.encounters['vivian_chat1'] = True

That should correct the problem.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 32 Votes