VN - Ren'Py - Red Lucy [v0.9] [LeFrench]

1. 4.00 star(s)

DracoXXX

A very promising start indeed.As of 0.3 we haven't delved much into the story/characters,but based on what's shown till now it could just be the next big hit

2 distinct features which caught me by surprise:-
    1.The MC actually looks like an average ordinary dude instead of the usual magazine cover models .The best part about this is that it makes any 1 relate to the MC thus builds more immersion
    2.The fact that each character looks quite distinct itself is worth an applause, instead of the usual copy-paste characters that u have seen a million times amongst the sea of AVN floating around

The story does look interesting & the renders are top notch.

Now the cons:-
    1.Though the animations look good they r insanely short almost like GIF images,which is a big let down.But based on what the dev has shown I'm sure he's capable of turning that around within a few updates
    2.U could definitely benefit from build up before sex scenes like the scene with the aunt came out of nowhere cuz till then she actually behaved ike a genuine caring aunt & the next thing u know she wants u to do her then when u actually try she turns 180 & says there is a time & place for everything.All the while I was thinking "Is this Bitch Bipolar??"

So definitely keeping an ️eye on this
  2. 4.00 star(s)

DonutMan

The renders in this game are some of the best I've ever seen. Seriously. Especially some of the early on ones with the sister. It's worth going through the game just for the art.

The story elements are there, and the characters make sense at a glance. The sister likes the MC and ruins his relationships because of jealousy. The aunt likes the MC because he is the spitting image of his father whom she deeply loved. The neighbor milf is, well, a neighbor milf so doesn't really matter.

That being said... everything takes a sudden turn the second day in game. The sister goes from obviously pining and teasing to more or less just walking around completely naked and giving the MC a blowjob. The aunt makes a similar turn and goes from talking to herself about how hard it is to be reminded about the deceased dad to inviting the MC into the bathroom while only wearing a thong and giving a blowjob.

This makes the pacing SUPER uneven, and honestly makes the story kinda pointless. I mean, you usually play the game to GET those scenes, but now the game just gives them to you and then you listen to emotional stuff about why they did it or can't do more or blah blah blah.

But STILL! AWESOME RENDERS! Just skip the dialog and enjoy the show.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

RPDL

version: 0.3

This game is fantastic, if you're on the fence you won't regret downloading it and giving it a try. It's not a "slow burn" like people may have come to expect from some games - the developer has a story in mind and they're doing it their way and it works. It hooked me straight in immediately.

The renders are incredible - attention to detail is mindblowing, little things like cellulite, wrinkles are all perfect. There's a couple of shots early that set the scene about the house, you'll know what I mean when you see it. Reflections, lighting, shadows, foliage, props they're all there. Additionally the scenes in general are all lively and populated, there's a tonne of work gone into making this game look real and alive. There's few games that "jump" and leave a mark like this and it's evident in this game from the very first update.

The music is great, it's carefully chosen and weaves itself into the story perfectly. There's really nothing more to say.

The characters all stand out, this isn't a game where every LI is perfect for their own niche and added to make a certain group happy (IE: the redhead, the blonde etc). Every character is developed, yet also flawed in their own way. It adds a tonne of depth and makes them all interesting.

The story is still early - we're dripfed information. It's too early to really comment on this I think.

The spelling/text is a little different than what you may be used to BUT, I'm reasonably sure it's just because this is how English is taught rather than if you grow up speaking it. It's not a negative point, this is how most VN's are anyway and it won't detract. It may be noticeable at times though.

One thing the developer has excelled at is positioning and adding detail and depth. They've a talent at creating these close encounters, seemingly out of nowhere. it's difficult to describe. If you try it, I feel like the scene in 0.1 with Kat in the bedroom where she ties up her hair is one example. It's a completely innocuous render, the game doesn't need it at all - but it adds so much. Just that one little thing, and there's several examples of it too.

Overall, I think the potential here is huge. I've a unique position because what I do means I try 95% of all Ren'Py games - yes all. I usually don't comment on games at all, and have never written a review - that's how much this game struck me. In my eyes, the potential for this game really is up there with some of the greats. We're yet to see how the developer chooses to weave this story, whether it will be reasonably short or start adding LI's and make the story "wider" but to me, it doesn't really matter. This is one of those games where the developer should just be left alone to tell their story as they want to. It takes a lot to stand out, but this one did it and then some.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

flarigand

Excellent technical level, good models, clean renders, amazing camera angles, good music, etc.

Now, you wonder why a 2 if I give him so much praise, simple, the story,
    there is no construction, the MC is a Mary Sue, everyone wants with him from day one, the script is very inconsistent, forced and illogical, simple example, you can see tons of oral sex, but the penetration is too far?

Beyond this, the story is poorly told from my point of view, there is a mysticism with the MC and the guitar, several flashbacks that instead of helping, make the story more entangled and in the middle of this is the semi-goddess characteristic of the MC, everyone wants to have something sexual with him without prior explanation and without build the moment.

Simple advice, if you want to slow burn in your story and with certain characters, don't put them in sexual scenes so early and doing illogical things like just having oral sex, wants to place eroticism, create new secondary characters that fulfill that function and let the MC develop a personality, the fact that he is the protagonist does not mean that he has to have everything easy from the beginning, that is a serious mistake, the character that should have the greatest learning curve is the MC himself.

Good luck, you're still in time to improve the narrative and make your VN generate more attention, as a last tip, try to do it by chapters, take your time.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Jack Hanma

Review of version 0.2f
    Not much content yet, but man for me this game shine in a oversaturated genre.
    The "paneling of the scenes" or "angles of the camera" for lack of better terms in this game is amazing and together with the beautiful renders make the game visual a 5/5.
    Some interaction like with the grandfather or the "roommate" are so heart warming. Story 4/5.
    Another good point is the music.
    So yeah 4,5/5 for Red Lucy.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Kaasje404

This game was specifically made for incest, because you need to choose which relationship you have with the charachters. Whenever that happens then its an incest game, because its not allowed on every platform to bluntly put incest in your game, but by letting the player choose the relationship you can work your way around that. However, what ends up happening is that the storyline just becomes very unnatural en limited. Sometime the wanted relationship does not fit with the dialogue or does not make sense in the storyline. Just immediately messes up the flow.

Graphics seemed decent though, but 3 stars is the max i could come up with.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

teroda

First time making a review which says a lot i think. Game has me so enthousiastic at just the first rendition of it, it's really promising!

Renders are amazing and unique, story compelling, and every detail is just fabulous.

First Time i really enjoyed the music in a game like this and kept the volume up, listened to the full songs and let it guide the scenes which fit perfectly but weren't in the way of the story or distracting, superb job on that as well.

Really hope this will have a long story but seeing the hints and story plots start up i can't wait for this one to come to fruition!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

|UserName|

This game has huge potential, the story is fascinating so far and the renders look amazing, i'll definitely keep an eye on this one, if the next couple updates meets my expectations, i'm 100% going to support the developer. Best of luck!
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Alteni

My Reaction for this game: Perfecto !!!

- since its the first release i will give 4 stars for now, this game worth 5 stars with out hesitation !

★ Gameplay : ✭✭✭✭✭
    ★ Story : ✭✭✭✭✭
    ★ Spelling : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ renders : ✭✭✭✭✭
    ★ Potential : ✭✭✭✭✭
    ★ Overall : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ Girls physique : ✭✭✭✭✭
    ★ Graphic : ✭✭✭✭✭
    ★ Sex Content : Still no sex .
    ★ Creativity :✭✭✭✭✰

Note :

definitely you should try it .
    this will be one of the top games soon

◉ All the best to the developer .
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Lucius Logan 3D

V 0.5 - I keep with 5 Stars.

Renders = 5.0 / 5.0.
    Animations = 4.75. / 5.0.
    Story = 4.85 / 5.0.

The mystery in the story, but I think I discovery what is for back of scenes.

Hot roommate (Nat) and Hot old friend (Rose).

Excellent arrangement of the music.

I want to see whats happen and secrets that is revealed in the next episodes.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Crowangel

A Very interesting new title.. 1st of all i'll get the negative.. if your a fan of the milf type characters then id have to say (in my personal opinion) that the ones seen so far in this title need a bit of work doing to make me even consider them as a potential LI going forwards.. However the sister/roommate character in this is by FAR one of the best looking avn characters i've personally seen in a while.. tbh she should be the 'poster girl' for this title not the wrinkled hard faced looking characters currently on display..
    The plot while still very early (and short) is interesting and makes me curious as to where this title will go.. As someone who loves the work produced by Oceanlabs (summer gone/wiab) i couldnt help but see some potential here if done right.. the mc and his sister reminded me very much of a less restricted version of the mc and Nami character from ocean's summer gone and for me personally i think unless a better option comes along then it will be the main LI choice i'd focus on going onwards into this title..
    Looking forward to more and nice debut
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Dr Secz

The game has taken my attention. Graphics looks good ,story is going in the right direction where i think should go. Just keep it spicy,hot and wondering all the time. Do not rush to make sex scenes ,make animations like other games in top 10. AWAM, Nadia, etc... Voice covers, sounds and effects makes gamer want to play more and more every new update including goood story and good graphics. I hope this game will be in top 10 soon. Good job.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

skrusher

One of the best first releases I've seen so far.

Despite being short, the game already shows what it came for. A well-written story that leaves you wanting more. Original and very different than 90% of the games here.

Visually it's beautiful. The camera angles, the lighting, the scenes... The women are beautiful and have realistic bodies. It's nice not to see another gigatit festival. lol

The soundtrack is fantastic. It's always one more star for me.

Speaking of stars, 5 is not enough.

I hope the dev keeps up the good work and I wish Red Lucy a long life.

Can't wait for more!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

rai1230

hi
    i wanna start by saying i love this game the story is really good the renders are absolutely stoning all in all really impressive .
    this just my personal taste :i just hope the game wont be vanilla and it to have femdom between the mc and the female characters
  15. 2.00 star(s)

lolbenis

Extremely short, even for a 0.1. You get a very basic character introduction and a short hj/bj scene and thats it. The whole thing is not even 5 minutes long.
    The game has a lot of good reviews that seem to judge the game by 'what it plans to be' rather than 'what it is'. And right now there is next to nothing. In my opinion, the game is absolutely not worth playing until there is more content. The visuals are nice though, so there is that.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Bonezo

I already pretty much submitted a review in the comments lol, but basically even for a final release the quality of this would be incredible and this is just the initial release. Amazing camera angles, fantastic lighting, compelling story, beautiful (copyrighted?) instrumentals. The character models all look wonderful; I'm used to the MC being either completely bland or outright hideous, so it's a real breath of fresh air that this guy is actually good-looking. I'm very excited to see where this goes, good luck!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

SixtyNineGaming

This VN is incredible for an initial release/demo. Everything looks fantastic and there's sufficient intrigue in what little we are shown to have me interested for future releases. Looking forward to playing more of the story.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

unspecified1234

Nice starting entry. The models are beautiful, the MC isn't a raging, incel douchebag, so that's always a plus in my book. Sensual and passion, and genuine affection seem to be the theme, and I'm always a fan of that. Content is currently pretty minimal, but it's definitely showing promise. Looking forward to more development of this one.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Zedno

Quite short, even for a first release but the renders look great and the characters are interesting. I can see this being a really good visual novel when it actually has some meat on its bones. Keeping tabs on it.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

homejorz

Great start!
    Lefrench is a very talented artist. and these new games they have been working on have been extremely promising. Played "The path" and enjoyed it alot. But this one seems to have taken a more grounded approach. which I don't mind.

The renders are really great what can I say. scenes move with lots of fluidity, lots of effort has been put into this and it shows. Already the few animations have looked very good and haven't interrupted the flow of the renders at all. Very erotic and sexy and am excited to see more from this dev.

Interface looks nice to the eyes and game runs smoothly

The story is in it's infancy but looks promising. something of a mystery with some amazing Milfs and hot "room mate".

The character introductions already got my heart beating and am excited to see what we have in store. Great Job Lefrench. Keep up the good work. You have a real talent for this.