j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
Looks decent but not a fan of the whoring them out thing. What can I say I get possessive part of the joy of a harem is knowing my dick is the only one in their lives.
well for me i like knowing that the reason there fucking n selling there holes is to make me rich , now who doesnt love a good money bunny ^^ #letsgetrich #control #sellinherpussyforme #theruler

Reactions: rgnar62

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
does anyone know how to full screen the game? i dont see it in options and ALt+ENTER isnt working for me ether

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Renpy engine supports full screen! ;)
Where are you trying to go with this?
Renpy is PyGame which does support full screen but on the other hand supports little more.
PyGame is practically extinct and so is Ren'Py, which doesn't support what other tools do.

I wouldn't choose Tyrano though but rather Unity.

By the way, every Ren'Py game adds it own 80-200 MB large engine. This is a consequence of bad development. It should have been made to support a centralized engine storage so that 100 Ren'Py games don't require up to 20 GB (or more) of identical data.

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
Where are you trying to go with this?
Renpy is PyGame which does support full screen but on the other hand supports little more.
PyGame is practically extinct and so is Ren'Py, which doesn't support what other tools do.

I wouldn't choose Tyrano though but rather Unity.

By the way, every Ren'Py game adds it own 80-200 MB large engine. This is a consequence of bad development. It should have been made to support a centralized engine storage so that 100 Ren'Py games don't require up to 20 GB (or more) of identical data.
There is a reason why Ren'Py is popular though.
And as much as I agree with the pain of having space wasted by having "identical data", keep in mind two things:
- not all games are made on the same version and thus wouldn't be able to share (could go back to "bad dev" on that ofc)
- you can remove the need for duplication if you are a savvy user who knows how to power manage the file system (both on windows and linux, not sure about mac but you'd think so too)

bobvilla123

Jul 12, 2022
The fact that it's easily cross-platform, runs well across them all, and doesn't have the stigma attached to unity is a huge bonus. Unity is so hit and miss that I almost never bother with those distros. Unity is a red flag as often as it isnt. Python isnt going anywhere soon.

sidiouspein

Nov 9, 2020
I had a similar problem. It told me I had a modified save file. I figured out a workaround:
1: backup the saves (remove them from the save folder)
2: start the game.
3: go through the intro to a point you can save and create a save, preferably on the slot you backed up.
4: *while the game is running* place the original save you want to use back in and overwrite the one you just made.
5: load the save.
That's too confusing.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
And as much as I agree with the pain of having space wasted by having "identical data", keep in mind two things:
- not all games are made on the same version and thus wouldn't be able to share (could go back to "bad dev" on that ofc)
- you can remove the need for duplication if you are a savvy user who knows how to power manage the file system (both on windows and linux, not sure about mac but you'd think so too)
The different versions are another good reason to steer clear of Renpy. They are incompatible, which gives both the dev and users another big mess which is often realized when overwriting.
The centralized management is possible, yes, but someone is needed to write a system to support this. Regular users won't be able to do this easily. I have thought of a system to handle this; I know that there is a game management system named F95checker but it doesn't support centralized Renpy data. Also, that would require some code to realize which version of Renpy a game runsto direct the game to the correct library path.

The fact that it's easily cross-platform, runs well across them all, and doesn't have the stigma attached to unity is a huge bonus. Unity is so hit and miss that I almost never bother with those distros. Unity is a red flag as often as it isnt. Python isnt going anywhere soon.
You're literally describing both Unity and Unreal.
Fact is that Ren'Py is the least cross-platform engine, due to various issues with the PyGame code.
Both Unity and Unreal compiles to bytecode directly to both Windows, Linux, Mac and Android/IOS. This gives you a faster running and more stable game experience.

Also, Python isn't going anywhere, no. But Renpy is not based on a current Python runtime, it's based on Python 2.7 and an old PyGame library which has been extinct for almost ten years.
This negates your claim. Python 2.7 came out in 2010 and was developed until 2016 (Python 3 had already been available in 2008 which means the developer has had almost FIFTEEN YEARS to make Renpy current!).

Python 2 was buried almost THREE years ago. But Renpy is still based on this flaw-filled, slow interpreter (Python 3 is up to ten times faster).

And I know from other forums that the developer is reluctant to actually complete Python 3 support, since he has probably himself realized that it is much easier to create cross platform games in Unity and other tools.

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
The centralized management is possible, yes, but someone is needed to write a system to support this. Regular users won't be able to do this easily. I have thought of a system to handle this; I know that there is a game management system named F95checker but it doesn't support centralized Renpy data.

it is much easier to create cross platform games in Unity and other tools.
No. It can be done with no "system" required, and zero coding either.
You are right however that regular users won't know how. You clearly yourself haven't got a clue where to start and you seem to know and read about stuff.
Unity isn't the panacea you make it out to be either. Don't over-commit your support for it. Unity isn't that great.

Reactions: bobvilla123

bobvilla123

Jul 12, 2022
You're literally describing both Unity and Unreal.
Fact is that Ren'Py is the least cross-platform engine, due to various issues with the PyGame code.
I'm really not. Unity games run like shit on nearly every system I have. They don't generally have linux compatibility and require Wine to run more often than not. Renpy games run natively in linux with almost zero issues, with zero bogging. Unity at the best of times is bad, and at the worst of times its hot unplayable garbage. Renpy isnt going anywhere, no matter how much you argue.

This negates your claim. Python 2.7 came out in 2010 and was developed until 2016 (Python 3 had already been available in 2008 which means the developer has had almost FIFTEEN YEARS to make Renpy current!).
Me: only has Python3 installed. Runs renpy fine...
You: PYTHON 2.7!!!!!!
Me: Where is this 2.7 he's whining about? I don't see it installed anywhere on my system...
You: TWWWWWWOOOOOOO POOOOOOOOOINT SEVEEEEEEEEEEEEN

You realize that the modern engine in a car isn't radically different from one built in the 80s, right? I could take a CA18DET and it would do the job I need it to do today. It might not be cutting edge, but it gets the job done. Exactly like FORTRAN is around today being used. If something works, and works well, it doesnt need to be radically redesigned every 5 days. It's like complaining that UE4 is around and still being used. :ROFLMAO:

To summarize: Can unity games be good? Sure. Are there more bad ones than good? Absolutely. There's a reason Unity has a shit reputation. And it is shit. For a reason. Because a lot of people that don't know what theyre doing are out there writing terrible games using unity. :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot from 2022-08-14 18-57-52.png

Last edited:

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
Any chance of an updated Mac version? I enjoyed a previous release and would like to see how the story has progressed.

Reactions: hurry69

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
Have you tried Wine for Mac? It's my fallback on linux for most things.
I have. My experience with Wine for Mac led me to believe it was more trouble than it was worth. I was able to get games to launch but it was like trying to get Doom running on a 386 processor with the bare minimum of ram. The user expereince was less than optimal. Granted i don't have a high-end Mac to emulate with, never tried the Windows emulation but did partition the drive for Bootcamp but got rid of it due to needed space for the Mac side (plus Windows, the most 'fingernails on a chalkboard' of an OS that I have ever seen, that's including Apple's dumpster fire of an OS for the Newtown).

Reactions: bobvilla123

bobvilla123

Jul 12, 2022
I have. My experience with Wine for Mac led me to believe it was more trouble than it was worth. I was able to get games to launch but it was like trying to get Doom running on a 386 processor with the bare minimum of ram. The user expereince was less than optimal. Granted i don't have a high-end Mac to emulate with, never tried the Windows emulation but did partition the drive for Bootcamp but got rid of it due to needed space for the Mac side (plus Windows, the most 'fingernails on a chalkboard' of an OS that I have ever seen, that's including Apple's dumpster fire of an OS for the Newtown).
Eh, I find Windows less tedious than MacOS, but Wine was never really 'Windows'. The initial setup is generally a pain in the ass, especially the video aspects. RPG Maker games played fine on one system, on another I can't get them to run. So I definitely feel you about the user experience. However it's likely going to be your best long term solution, especially on an older Mac, since it shouldn't be as heavy as VMWare or actual Windows in a bootcamp setup. *shrug* A lot has changed in the last few years with Wine, ymmv of course, but whats it going to hurt to try again? An hour or two of time, most likely.

Edit: Steam has Proton baked in, I haven't noticed that it's better than wine, but it seems simpler, once you realize you have to set the game to force compatibility through the game preference options. It might be a simpler solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHFan
3.80 star(s) 46 Votes