Mod Java Completed Redhead+ Mod for Tales of Androgyny

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Vender

Mar 26, 2019
View attachment 323569

Overview:
Ever wanted to play as a redheaded Hiro and have her actually appear as a redhead in every scene?
Well, now here's your chance.
In addition, the mod adds custom makeup, jewelry, freckles and tattoos to various characters in the game.
The mod also makes changes to the UI including the combat menu, the world map, and the fonts.
If your a fan of TOA please give it a try and I hope you enjoy it as much as I had fun making it!

Updated: 9/19/19
Game/Creator: The Majalis Duo
Modder: Jorja
Mod Version: J-2.14.4 Final / 2.16.2 WIP
Game Version: 2.14.4 / 2.16.2
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download: - This link will always take you to the latest version of the mod.
The post directly below this contains news and information for the mod.

Screenshots

The Cast of Characters: Hiro, Kyrila, Trudy, and Urka
View attachment 330035 View attachment 320590 View attachment 359321 View attachment 327476 View attachment 359320

The Combat, World, and Character screens
View attachment 327441 View attachment 327440 View attachment 327442 View attachment 327467 View attachment 359328 View attachment 327498 View attachment 327499

The Artwork
View attachment 346959 View attachment 374812 View attachment 322388 View attachment 327420 View attachment 329996 View attachment 318748 View attachment 374813 View attachment 374822 View attachment 395288
Jorja, please, update to thee latest version! I really need it!

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
Jorja, please, update to thee latest version! I really need it!
Sadly I have decided for the time being to discontinue actively working on the mod but if you check the second post I added instructions on how to continue to use the mod going forward and unless the developer completely changes the file names and locations there should be no issues in doing so.

Thank you to everyone. Take care and God bless.

Vender

Mar 26, 2019
Sadly I have decided for the time being to discontinue actively working on the mod but if you check the second post I added instructions on how to continue to use the mod going forward and unless the developer completely changes the file names and locations there should be no issues in doing so.

Thank you to everyone. Take care and God bless.
Does not work. A critical error occurs at startup:
com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Named value not found: name
at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetManager.handleTaskError(AssetManager.java:636)
at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetManager.update(AssetManager.java:411)
at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetManager.update(AssetManager.java:423)
at com.majalis.screens.AbstractScreen.render(AbstractScreen.java:370)
at com.majalis.screens.SplashScreen.render(SplashScreen.java:137)
at com.badlogic.gdx.Game.render(Game.java:46)
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:233)
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:128)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Named value not found: name
at com.badlogic.gdx.utils.JsonValue.getString(JsonValue.java:661)
at com.esotericsoftware.spine.SkeletonJson.readSkeletonData(SkeletonJson.java:275)
at com.majalis.asset.AnimatedActorLoader.getActor(AnimatedActorLoader.java:36)
at com.majalis.asset.AnimatedActorLoader.load(AnimatedActorLoader.java:26)
at com.majalis.asset.AnimatedActorLoader.load(AnimatedActorLoader.java:16)
at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetLoadingTask.handleSyncLoader(AssetLoadingTask.java:101)
at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetLoadingTask.update(AssetLoadingTask.java:88)
at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetManager.updateTask(AssetManager.java:561)
at com.badlogic.gdx.assets.AssetManager.update(AssetManager.java:409)
... 6 more

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
Does not work. A critical error occurs at startup:
I just tested it, again, with a clean 17.1 jar and it 100% works so you must have done something wrong by accident :( .

Please only copy the folders and files I specified from the modded jar into the latest build. If you copy anything else it will definitely result in an error.

Going forward I can't make any guarantees the mod will continue to work however so a good rule of thumb is to always back up the latest build first and as long as you stick to the instructions it shouldn't cause any problems because in the future if a file is moved or renamed you would just see the stock image in its place.

Last edited:

Dremo

Jul 4, 2017
This mod was sooooo awesome back when we barely had any customisation options, and it is still awesome.
To be honest, one of the aspect I liked the most was the added make-up to Kiro and NPCs, it would be awesome if this mod would be updated for the newer versions, while focusing even more on make-up, something that is quite lacking in the base game, except for the very limited feminity mechanic.

Reactions: kdunnorofl

broly965

Jul 6, 2017
We gonna get a redhead mod at some point? Where up to 2.18.3 so far and there has been some decent art recently, especially the vampire sisters.

Movikx

Oct 23, 2018
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it and doing the makeup was probably my favorite thing about the mod as well besides turning Hiro into a redhead of course. :love:

Sorry but I'm done with the mod. The game stopped being any fun for me. :(
Thanks for all :,(

Reactions: Jorja

kryanBR

Jan 18, 2019
I tested the Cheat Engine in the game and found it to hack everything! from status to hp, lust, mana and stamina.
so it would not be possible to make a mod "limit break"? leaving us with more perks points, skills, status etc.

mr_tao

Apr 21, 2019
I tested the Cheat Engine in the game and found it to hack everything! from status to hp, lust, mana and stamina.
so it would not be possible to make a mod "limit break"? leaving us with more perks points, skills, status etc.
it's faster to use Notepad++ to edit the save files in /toa_data

soyjari

Jun 29, 2018
Android Version: (may lag a few versions behind)

Since it's impossible to modify an apk without altering the signature, to install this version you have to first uninstall the vanilla one.
Also Google Play will probably give you a warning, but that can be ignored.

Due to technical difficulties, I can't always upload the latest version, so this is the I've written to patch the apk automatically if you want to do it yourself (you just need to run it).
Please update version mod android only one again :WutFace::(

MingCR

Oct 18, 2019
Its quite amazing that you managed to mod this game.
I wanted to try sth similar once, disassembled the game to figure out how it works and jjjjeeeezzzzzzzz
This guy likes his enums :(
Keep up the good work

mr_tao

Apr 21, 2019
Its quite amazing that you managed to mod this game.
I wanted to try sth similar once, disassembled the game to figure out how it works and jjjjeeeezzzzzzzz
This guy likes his enums :(
Keep up the good work
this mod is just switching the image for different ones, though.
Code should be untouched, I think

Reactions: KnowledgeAlfa

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
It was purely a visual mod but one in which I painstakingly went through every single image and added freckles, makeup, and tattoos all of which are fetishes of mine to have Hiro look the way I envisioned her for myself. It was always going to be something just for me but after a few requests to share it, I did.

I also went and color corrected every single image to add warmth and brightness to help make them pop as the stock images always seemed a little dull and drab for my tastes. I also changed the font to something more fun and girly. I also worked on the UI and changed the combat menus from a drab brown to a vivid red to fit with the motif of the mod as well as reworking the text display window. By the end of my time working on the mod I don't think there was a single image I didn't work on in some manner.

It's now been close to 7 months since I even looked at the game. I have no idea what has been changed or even if the mod would even still work with the latest version. The mega link does contain two playable but older versions one before the redesign of Hiro which I never liked and still don't and one where I continued after the change. The link has been left for anyone who is still interested in taking a look.

I just wanted to say one last farewell and leave everyone with a simple thanks to all of you who showed interest in the mod and had shared kind words with me.

Take care, God bless, and stay safe.

mr_tao

Apr 21, 2019
yeah, didn't mean to lessen your effort on this, just noting how I THINK you didn't alter the code bu "only" the images(which is still quite a difficult thing to do)

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
yeah, didn't mean to lessen your effort on this, just noting how I THINK you didn't alter the code bu "only" the images(which is still quite a difficult thing to do)
No offense taken and my response had nothing to do at all to anything you said I just wanted to clarify what the mod was all about and to say goodbye for the last time.

Be well and stay safe.

Reactions: mr_tao

kdunnorofl

Aug 11, 2017
I haven't played ToA since you stopped the mod. Your mod added so much more life to the images. xD
Will keep dreaming for the day I see a suprise update or return :)
Just a lil dream of mine :<

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes