Which main character are you most interested in so far?

• Eryn

Votes: 7,486 57.4%
  • Lena

Votes: 637 4.9%
  • Lucine

Votes: 1,619 12.4%
  • Raisa

Votes: 1,518 11.6%
  • Rithe

Votes: 278 2.1%
  • Murfi (Lucine's Cow)

Votes: 1,320 10.1%
  • Aline

Votes: 39 0.3%
  • Aina

Votes: 20 0.2%
  • Evana

Votes: 61 0.5%
  • Silva

Votes: 66 0.5%

• Total voters

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
this was the edit
The hidden effigies are going to unlock bonus scenes instead of outfits. Having different outfits would be easy with sprites but drawing every story scene with multiple clothing options layered on would be a nightmare.

Is this change.... because of the reason I think it is?
The name Harth fits the whole fire theme better. Also we think that it has more of a fantasy sounding vibe than Biorn which has a nordic vibe.

New player; any harem potential?
Harem ending is planned

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
The hidden effigies are going to unlock bonus scenes instead of outfits. Having different outfits would be easy with sprites but drawing every story scene with multiple clothing options layered on would be a nightmare.

The name Harth fits the whole fire theme better. Also we think that it has more of a fantasy sounding vibe than Biorn which has a nordic vibe.

Harem ending is planned
fair enough.

Btw question with the harem. Can you do a full harem-only playthrough? (i.e. the LIs are exclusive to MC and not shared with anyone, man or woman (including other LIs). i.e. no les/bi content, just pure harem).
I know the game doesn't currently have any les/bi content but since multiple partners and such is planned, thought it worth asking.

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
Escape Sauce could you consider to draw eryn's boob a little bit more bigger?
I guess (but that's just a personal opinion) that she lacks of a little bit of curves in general and it's a pity since the character and the concept it's very interesting.
She's already endowed with more than I like. If you prefer someone "bigger," go with the cow lady.

Honestly, it always make me shake my head when someone demands the devs tailor their game to to his or her specific likes and dislikes.

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
OK, so I tried finding the effigies hidden throughout the game, and I managed to find a whopping 0/5. So, I went back and replayed Eryn's route, paying careful attention to each and every screen, and this time I managed to find zero of them. Again. I suppose it would be easier if I knew exactly what these things looked like, but even so I would have thought I could have found at least one. If anyone wants to share any tips regarding this "mini-game," I would appreciate it.

Apr 1, 2021
OK, so I tried finding the effigies hidden throughout the game, and I managed to find a whopping 0/5. So, I went back and replayed Eryn's route, paying careful attention to each and every screen, and this time I managed to find zero of them. Again. I suppose it would be easier if I knew exactly what these things looked like, but even so I would have thought I could have found at least one. If anyone wants to share any tips regarding this "mini-game," I would appreciate it.
There is an effigy for each character: Lena's can be found when you agree to Rithe's proposal to hang out with her and Eryn's can be found in her house (I didn't keep track of exactly when), the others including Lucile's, Raisa's, and Rithe's are all found in the scene immediately after you go to invite them to the festival (all of them are decorated with small differences for each person). If you pick all the 'interest' options then save just before the festival selection if you want to go with someone other than Eryn then you can easily play through each variation and pick up all the hidden effigies and animated scenes in less than ten minutes if you skip what you've already seen.

I hope this is enough of a tip.

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
We're heavily leaning towards a full release on Steam instead of going with early access. In a few months we'll have a lot more h-scenes and romance path content so I won't feel as bad about adding an early access option on Itch.io though.

On our roadmap version 0.11-0.14 are shorter main story related updates that set the stage following the prologue. Version 0.12 actually had to be super short since the scenes immediately following needed several new character sprites and backgrounds but version 0.13 is a bit longer than usual to balance it out. Version 0.15 and up will be completely focused on the romance routes with supporters voting on which characters we should make content for. I'm guessing Eryn is going to be first on the list, so probably version 0.16
Yes please
Eryn And MC sex.

mjj2000

Mar 22, 2023
There is an effigy for each character: Lena's can be found when you agree to Rithe's proposal to hang out with her and Eryn's can be found in her house (I didn't keep track of exactly when), the others including Lucile's, Raisa's, and Rithe's are all found in the scene immediately after you go to invite them to the festival (all of them are decorated with small differences for each person). If you pick all the 'interest' options then save just before the festival selection if you want to go with someone other than Eryn then you can easily play through each variation and pick up all the hidden effigies and animated scenes in less than ten minutes if you skip what you've already seen.

I hope this is enough of a tip.
Thanks! It helped!

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made an Android port of Refuge of Embers v0.12b with the incest patch.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

Apr 18, 2020
Pregnancy content is planned for all love interests and a few side characters, and will be fully implemented towards the second half of act 2. In the current public release there's one impregnation scene in the intro sequence, and all of the pregnant character sprites with a few stages each are already in the game and viewable in the gallery. It's going to be a major element of the game.
Has pregnancy left the planning phase?
(Not asking for a friend)

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Can you do a full harem-only playthrough? (i.e. the LIs are exclusive to MC and not shared with anyone, man or woman (including other LIs). i.e. no les/bi content, just pure harem)
Yes, female on female scenes will be optional in the harem route.

Has pregnancy left the planning phase?
Not with the love interests in the story. So far there's a static impregnation scene in the opening and pregnant sprites viewable in the gallery, but the character impregnation paths are going to be later in the romance routes. We're still probably a long way out.

Is that... Is that Voynichese?
moc.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020
Not with the love interests in the story. So far there's a static impregnation scene in the opening and pregnant sprites viewable in the gallery, but the character impregnation paths are going to be later in the romance routes. We're still probably a long way out.
That's a shame, not sure why the pregnancy tag would be attached to the game then :unsure:
The art look amazing so I'll try it anyway!

3.90 star(s) 34 Votes