Which main character are you most interested in so far?

• Eryn

Votes: 7,486 57.4%
  • Lena

Votes: 637 4.9%
  • Lucine

Votes: 1,619 12.4%
  • Raisa

Votes: 1,518 11.6%
  • Rithe

Votes: 278 2.1%
  • Murfi (Lucine's Cow)

Votes: 1,320 10.1%
  • Aline

Votes: 39 0.3%
  • Aina

Votes: 20 0.2%
  • Evana

Votes: 61 0.5%
  • Silva

Votes: 66 0.5%

• Total voters

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Yes, female on female scenes will be optional in the harem route.
Well would technically be a poly route if chosen.

But tis semantics, since you have the harem route. (Is only worth denoting the difference if it were unavoidable, but it ain't, so semantics).

Reactions: trashdaddy

mjj2000

Mar 22, 2023
On our roadmap version 0.11-0.14 are shorter main story related updates that set the stage following the prologue. Version 0.12 actually had to be super short since the scenes immediately following needed several new character sprites and backgrounds but version 0.13 is a bit longer than usual to balance it out. Version 0.15 and up will be completely focused on the romance routes with supporters voting on which characters we should make content for. I'm guessing Eryn is going to be first on the list, so probably version 0.16
So I'll be old by the time Rithe's rout comes out :cautious:

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
So I'll be old by the time Rithe's rout comes out :cautious:
That crossed our minds but we were also worried that pinup votes would be nothing but Eryn. She still seems to win every other month but we wound up being pleasantly surprised with a good variety of characters to draw. If it does wind up being completely one sided we'll adjust to allow people to vote for two paths per month or something.

Donkeybong

Jan 26, 2019
That crossed our minds but we were also worried that pinup votes would be nothing but Eryn.
You could just have a rule that "Previous winner excluded from poll" so Eryn only wins every-other poll at most. The justification being to prevent "all eggs in one basket". Once you start to run out of content for characters you can remove that rule if you feel you need to.

For example in month 1 Eryn is the winner. In month 2 Eryn is excluded and Rasia is the winner. In month 3 Rasia is excluded but Eryn is available again.

Reactions: JustAnotherWanker

mjj2000

Mar 22, 2023
That crossed our minds but we were also worried that pinup votes would be nothing but Eryn. She still seems to win every other month but we wound up being pleasantly surprised with a good variety of characters to draw. If it does wind up being completely one sided we'll adjust to allow people to vote for two paths per month or something.
Oh, don't mind my complaints... It's not your fault that people just don't have taste and they like this girl)) The game is beautiful and allows the player to immerse himself in the world of classic fantasy. I will wait diligently.

Reactions: Escape Sauce

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
You could just have a rule that "Previous winner excluded from poll" so Eryn only wins every-other poll at most. The justification being to prevent "all eggs in one basket".
Yeah there are definitely options and we'll use them if we need to.

I want to ask how often do you update the game?
Not counting our huge 0.10 update the average has been about 60 days. The plan is to go down to 30-45 next June.

Reactions: Donkeybong

Leoseabay

Jan 29, 2022

Not counting our huge 0.10 update the average has been about 60 days. The plan is to go down to 30-45 next June.

I see! Does each update have good amount content?

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
I see! Does each update have good amount content?
It varies but the updates have been pretty short for the most part. The artist's time has always been our limiting factor and I usually write up to a point where we need a new art asset. She works a full time job so we only have about 106 hours per release to work with. An average scene or background takes about 16 hours, animated h-scene takes about 28 hours, and a character sprite takes about 10 hours. In the past a lot of her hours went towards sprites, backgrounds, and GUI, but now that we're finally moving into the romance routes in version 0.15+ we should be able to do 2 animated h-scenes and 3 normal scenes per 60-day release.

Leoseabay

Jan 29, 2022
It varies but the updates have been pretty short for the most part. The artist's time has always been our limiting factor and I usually write up to a point where we need a new art asset. She works a full time job so we only have about 106 hours per release to work with. An average scene or background takes about 16 hours, animated h-scene takes about 28 hours, and a character sprite takes about 10 hours. In the past a lot of her hours went towards sprites, backgrounds, and GUI, but now that we're finally moving into the romance routes in version 0.15+ we should be able to do 2 animated h-scenes and 3 normal scenes per 60-day release.
thanks for the information and yeah it can be very hard sometimes as i also create visual design myself and i like your game i also support your work.

Reactions: Escape Sauce

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
update the average has been about 60 days. The plan is to go down to 30-45 next June.
Wow. That's too bad. I was liking this game so far (.12b was the first version I have seen) but then I saw that this thread was started in 2020 and the story still has not progressed to even having introduced all the characters and story framework. and 3 years is rapidly approaching. :( Anyway, I liked it so far and Eryn would also be my choice of focus, with my second choice being the surprisingly-unpopular Lena. Good luck one the rest of the story. (y)

Johnamo

Jun 6, 2023
Hello , did annyone find the hidden effigies and could show where they are ? it always annoy to search something that should be easy.

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Wierd Things Got Overwritten Swapping Saves, Character Names and Scenes were deleted.
The game was supposed to be save stable after version 0.10 since that's when I completed the last of the major systems, but I recently found out that something else I've been doing may have also been breaking save compatibility for some people from version to version. I was regenerating .rpyc files with each release but apparently you're really supposed to leave those alone. Should be good now though.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
I recently found out that something else I've been doing may have also been breaking save compatibility for some people from version to version. I was regenerating .rpyc files with each release but apparently you're really supposed to leave those alone.
Interesting. Have you found the dev community to be helpful in general, or are things more cutthroat because many people don't want to help competitors? If every new dev is on their own to learn everything the hard way that would really suck.

3.90 star(s) 34 Votes