Which main character are you most interested in so far?

• Eryn

Votes: 7,645 57.3%
  • Lena

Votes: 646 4.8%
  • Lucine

Votes: 1,659 12.4%
  • Raisa

Votes: 1,541 11.6%
  • Rithe

Votes: 280 2.1%
  • Murfi (Lucine's Cow)

Votes: 1,372 10.3%
  • Aline

Votes: 41 0.3%
  • Aina

Votes: 21 0.2%
  • Evana

Votes: 66 0.5%
  • Silva

Votes: 70 0.5%

• Total voters

Fattishman

Jan 27, 2019
...I continue to have this error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 268, in say
    who(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
KeyError: u'player_name'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 3185, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1391, in say
    renpy.store.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1184, in __call__
    who = who_pattern.replace("[who]", sub(who))
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1179, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Refuge of Embers 0.07
Wed Sep 29 23:55:37 2021
:(

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
...I continue to have this error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 3185, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1391, in say
    renpy.store.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1184, in __call__
    who = who_pattern.replace("[who]", sub(who))
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1179, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Refuge of Embers 0.07
Wed Sep 29 23:55:37 2021
:(
Looks like it has something to do with the custom player name variable. IIRC I changed that from a persistent variable to a normal variable in 0.07 when I figured out how to set the scope the right way in the replay gallery. You'll need to start a new game if you're using an old save.

Reactions: GmFn1869

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Tried this game out yesterday and wow! I'm loving it so far. Personally I hope this game becomes a sprawling epic, and not just a 1-3 hours max experience. I already want to start a family with Eryn :love: Though if Harem is really a thing then Lucine will have to get some attention too. She should have enough milk to feed both babies if Eryn ever needs a break lol. Also hope that "and more" also includes some Anal and/or rimming eventually (Hey, it's no more outlandish than wanting to knock up your twin sister haha)

Just to chime in on "NPC on NPC" content: I'm of the group that finds some steamy lesbian sex between my harem girls to be hot as fuck, and not "Betrayal! o_O". So if it becomes a toggable thing I'd personally love to see some lesbian sex :) Maybe even some lezdom, cuckqueaning, or some sensual tit-worship with Lucine ;). I also saw "Male on Male" as a toggle. Here's hoping for some femboys to plough :sneaky:

But seriously I loved the art and character style. I hope this world gets continuously built on for years.

Last edited:

Animoo

Mar 26, 2020
Fantastic art style, customized menus and UI, very very nice. Sadly, not a lot of content with maybe 15 minutes of story. As a player it might be worth sitting out a few updates to get more at once.

I'll watch this game with great interest, though.

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Pretty nice artstyle, truth be told. When looking through the preview screenshots, at Raisa talking about playing a 'little game', I could only hope its a strip game of some sort.
It probably isn't, since I don't see any sign of that in the changelogs, but a random nobody can dream that every game will have an interactable strip game, right?
Totally stealing this idea for later in the main act of the story, maybe something like a skippable liar's dice minigame in a bar.

well pregnancy as a mechanic is enough to make me go patreon for 12 months straight cuz i'm so lonely.
and that's dead serious.
The artist says get well soon :HideThePain:

Reactions: RabidSloth

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Can you answer a quick question regarding planned tags? The current tags, overview, and preview pics paint a pretty vanilla romancy adventure type of story to me. I'm mainly interested in male dom and was wondering if it will be a prominent aspect of the main relationships, or if it's mostly just a minor content with minor characters, maybe not even including the MC?

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
Totally stealing this idea for later in the main act of the story, maybe something like a skippable liar's dice minigame in a bar.
I am more then happy to have provided this idea, and will keep my eye out for it. Been a while since I remember trying a Strip Liar's Dice!

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Can you answer a quick question regarding planned tags? The current tags, overview, and preview pics paint a pretty vanilla romancy adventure type of story to me. I'm mainly interested in male dom and was wondering if it will be a prominent aspect of the main relationships, or if it's mostly just a minor content with minor characters, maybe not even including the MC?
I'll be curious to see how that manifests too. Are we talking some Dom/Sub roleplaying during sexy times, or a full on lifestyle lol?

I don't mind some sweet romance being mixed in with my filthy degeneracy as well though =)

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
I'll be curious to see how that manifests too. Are we talking some Dom/Sub roleplaying during sexy times, or a full on lifestyle lol?

I don't mind some sweet romance being mixed in with my filthy degeneracy as well though =)
For now the plan is to have dom/sub flavor options in Raisa's route, and also in the route of another character that will be introduced after the prologue. That's probably going to look like dialogue choices that favor dom or sub outcomes, and each of those choices will add or subtract from a hidden variable that tracks what choices you've made. That variable will unlock different flavors of h-scenes and different lines of dialogue. That's about the extent of it though, and the endings of the character arcs won't be wildly different based on that system. We're also not planning to go super dark with it, just some light BDSM type stuff.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
For now the plan is to have dom/sub flavor options in Raisa's route, and also in the route of another character that will be introduced after the prologue. That's probably going to look like dialogue choices that favor dom or sub outcomes, and each of those choices will add or subtract from a hidden variable that tracks what choices you've made. That variable will unlock different flavors of h-scenes and different lines of dialogue. That's about the extent of it though, and the endings of the character arcs won't be wildly different based on that system. We're also not planning to go super dark with it, just some light BDSM type stuff.
Thank you. That's very clear. Light hearted romance isn't my first go to, but I've been surprised before. I'll give it a shot at some point. Good luck on the project!

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Personally, I wasn't a fan of Eryn's original eyes at all, so I was very pleased when I started it up and saw the change.

Fattishman

Jan 27, 2019
Looks like it has something to do with the custom player name variable. IIRC I changed that from a persistent variable to a normal variable in 0.07 when I figured out how to set the scope the right way in the replay gallery. You'll need to start a new game if you're using an old save.
:(...that's quite annoying...also because I didn't change default name...

4.00 star(s) 32 Votes