Ren'Py Abandoned Rejected No More [v0.2.2] [RoyalCandy]

3.10 star(s) 13 Votes

enfurnoh

Aug 18, 2020
Man not everyone can speak or write English like a professor of the language. Relax a bit with that topic cause the game is perfectly understood.
Nor do I expect that. I can gloss over the occasional typo or mistake, but this is properly bad. Their last game didn't have this problem. With some of the spelling mistakes it's clear they didn't even reread what they typed.

Reactions: EZ8lt and Randeep44

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Nor do I expect that. I can gloss over the occasional typo or mistake, but this is properly bad. Their last game didn't have this problem. With some of the spelling mistakes it's clear they didn't even reread what they typed.
Then tell him that you offer to help him, he even pays you for it haha

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Did he opened up the poll to public or was it just for his patreon?
If it's the latter then i assume he doesn't want to gain any more patrons and he's fine with what he's got.

It's like asking your supporters if they like your game or not. Ofcourse they are going to say they like it, otherwise they wouldn't be your supporters. The game was originally made as a sandbox so naturally people who like that idea are going to be a dominant force among hes supporters.

Current patrons are going to hold this game hostage and shape it the way they want and the dev is enabling his game to get hijacked by making these stupid closed polls.

enfurnoh

Aug 18, 2020

Then tell him that you offer to help him, he even pays you for it haha
I'm already a software test lead by day, I don't need to be one by night too. They just need to reread their dialogue.

Some examples from the last few screens:

"Could it be better" instead of "couldn't".

"Tell everyone your son is a viring..."

"That's because you always skip classes and you don't see me arund"

It's takes an otherwise good looking game and makes it look incredibly shoddy.

enfurnoh

Aug 18, 2020
Did he opened up the poll to public or was it just for his patreon?
If it's the latter then i assume he doesn't want to gain any more patrons and he's fine with what he's got.

It's like asking your supporters if they like your game or not. Ofcourse they are going to say they like it, otherwise they wouldn't be your supporters. The game was originally made as a sandbox so naturally people who like that idea are going to be a dominant force among hes supporters.

Current patrons are going to hold this game hostage and shape it the way they want and the dev is enabling his game to get hijacked by making these stupid closed polls.
Of course the dev is going to listen to his patrons. They're the ones paying for it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Draverik

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Of course the dev is going to listen to his patrons. They're the ones paying for it. :rolleyes:
What about the 45% that voted against? There's also a bunch of us who aren't supporting him who otherwise would, but we didn't got a chance to vote.

Letting your patrons vote on such a pivotal thing for the game is just a big mistake in my opinion. Maybe let them pick out a color of a wallpaper for the living room or something but not a core mechanic of the game.

ann87ra

Jun 9, 2019
What about the 45% that voted against? There's also a bunch of us who aren't supporting him who otherwise would, but we didn't got a chance to vote.

Letting your patrons vote on such a pivotal thing for the game is just a big mistake in my opinion. Maybe let them pick out a color of a wallpaper for the living room or something but not a core mechanic of the game.
I finance the game and choose the wallpaper, and the anonymous person from the forum picks the setting for the game, great idea!

FantasticUser

Oct 23, 2019
The dev has stated multiple times before he started on this game that it would be sandbox and I respect his decision for that and I believe the other patreons do that as well. I also don't see comments about patreons being annoyed that's a sandbox game.

And sure the game has its flaws but I don't blame him for that, you can't make something perfect from start as especially if you're trying something new and you're working almost solo on this game. And I'm sure v0.2 will be much better.

I know that most people don't like sandbox games and the dev knows that as well that's why he will be removing even more of the grinding part.

enfurnoh

Aug 18, 2020

What about the 45%? They lost. They're the minority. Simple as that. Unless you're Donald Trump that's how votes work.

The entire point of polls is to see what the people paying your salary want. If you want a say in that you need to put your money where your mouth is. Why should he care about the opinion of someone who plays the game for free? Entitled much? :rolleyes:

Reactions: WaltS and Draverik

sirbajo

Donor
Aug 19, 2016
Well tbh I didn't even vote XD

I knew he would listen to the critics that came with the new game knowing it was buggy AF ect.

I'm looking forward for the next update ^-^

& i've been a supporter since No More secrets;)

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
The entire point of polls is to see what the people paying your salary want. If you want a say in that you need to put your money where your mouth is. Why should he care about the opinion of someone who plays the game for free? Entitled much? :rolleyes:
He's denying himself a lot of new supporters by making a closed poll, that's all.
It's like if i made a poll asking about the existence of god, but only asked around the church.
"Well 100% voted yes so i guess it's true". Well no fucking shit!

FantasticUser

Oct 23, 2019
Well tbh I didn't even vote XD

I knew he would listen to the critics that came with the new game knowing it was buggy AF ect.

I'm looking forward for the next update ^-^

& i've been a supporter since No More secrets;)
Exactly, I will honestly support him as long as he just tells us what he's planning and updates on a regular basis.

Reactions: VNwhiteknight

FantasticUser

Oct 23, 2019
VERY IMPORTANT POLL ON PATREON

As always Royalcandy does care about your opinion, EVERYONE can now vote on Patreon about what "killed" the 1st version for you personally. So please vote if you played the first version even if you're not a Patreon supporter everyone's opinion matters.

Hey guys,
I hope I'm not asking for too much and I hope I'm not spamming much, but I just want to know your opinion.
As we all know the first version didn't had the expected success I have hoped for.
So my question to all of you who played the first version is:
"What do you think killed the game?"
Feel free to comment if you have a different opinion or message me or if you liked the game please choose the last option
Thank you all!

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019

As always Royalcandy does care about your opinion, EVERYONE can now vote on Patreon about what "killed" the 1st version for you personally. So please vote if you played the first version even if you're not a Patreon supporter everyone's opinion matters.

Hey guys,
I hope I'm not asking for too much and I hope I'm not spamming much, but I just want to know your opinion.
As we all know the first version didn't had the expected success I have hoped for.
Feel free to comment if you have a different opinion or message me or if you liked the game please choose the last option
Thank you all!
I didn't expect this. Great move from the dev!

enfurnoh

Aug 18, 2020

Hey guys,
Thank you all!
Unfortunately you still need to be a patron to comment. Which is annoying as what "killed it for me" isn't really on there.

I didn't even get to the grind. I just found it uninspiring and I hate to say it but the grammar and typos have put me completely off. When a dev can't even proofread their own stuff it shows a distinct lack of any care about the product. I will tick "UI/Interface" and "sandbox" because those things bothered as well.

It's unfortunate as the renders are really good and they have done a few really innovative things, like how you enter the MC's name. Also unfortunate as I really liked No More Secrets, in fact I just replayed it over the last few days. I'll probably add a reminder to come back and check this one out in about 6 months or so...

Reactions: Draverik

FantasticUser

Oct 23, 2019
Unfortunately you still need to be a patron to comment. Which is annoying as what "killed it for me" isn't really on there.

I didn't even get to the grind. I just found it uninspiring and I hate to say it but the grammar and typos have put me completely off. When a dev can't even proofread their own stuff it shows a distinct lack of any care about the product. I will tick "UI/Interface" and "sandbox" because those things bothered as well.

It's unfortunate as the renders are really good and they have done a few really innovative things, like how you enter the MC's name. Also unfortunate as I really liked No More Secrets, in fact I just replayed it over the last few days. I'll probably add a reminder to come back and check this one out in about 6 months or so...
Royalcandy may not talk a lot on here, but I do think he reads quite a lot of our comments from time to time.

3.10 star(s) 13 Votes