Ren'Py Abandoned Rejected No More [v0.2.2] [RoyalCandy]

3.10 star(s) 13 Votes

abc23

Oct 23, 2018
Yet another dev making seemingly inexplicable decisions when it comes to game design. The previous game has very contained free roam with no resource/stat grind and repetitive scenes. Every scene was something new that progressed the story. That resulted in a popular game that got lauded for its way of handling free roam.

So it's hard to believe how the same dev does a 180 turn to design. People liked the contained free roam? Let's expand it so it's not contained any more and make a full sandbox instead! People liked not having to do repetitive actions and the lack of money/stat grind? Let's make a game with money and stat grind as gatekeeping for actual progression scenes!

It's hard to believe devs are so detached from the playerbase so it makes you wonder what the actual reasons are...
I see your point but I'm not sure it's a "detached from the playerbase" problem.
Putting myself in Royalcandy's shoes, I'd probably have done the same: the best-rated games on this site (BaD, What a Legend, Love of Magic, De Luca family, LLTP, etc) and most profitable ones (Summertime Saga, Milfy City, BaD again) on Patreon are semi or full Sandbox. Recently, even a complete story-driven masterpiece like Leap of Faith added a simplistic Free Roam part too. That's where the market is going.

We may like it or not, but they're just trying to expand their customer base. In the future it may turn out to be a bad choice because No More Secrets was a good game for the niche of players who don't like wandering and stat-grinding, while this game won't fit their interest. I think the devs' coding skills make the difference in this kind of situation: they can destroy a good plot or make a dull story-line fun. We'll see.
Personally, I like both playing styles and if they're gonna put real effort in the game, I'll support them.

Mar 5, 2020
Tod666

Pretty sure the file name should be relationships.rpy

When you right click and choose "save as" it generates this as a save as name;
971884_relationships.rpy.txt

The save file name will be highlighted so if you just type in relationships.rpy the file will be saved as "relationships.rpy.txt"
Now right click on it and select "Rename".
Delete the ".txt" at the end and save again.
When it warns you about changing the file type, just click "Yes" and your file will be saved as "relationships.rpy".

Now just copy your relationships.rpy file into the "game" folder (as usual) and select to replace the original "relationships.rpy" file that's already there and you should be good to go.

Enjoy. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your clarification! I updated my post, I hope it's easier now

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I see your point but I'm not sure it's a "detached from the playerbase" problem.
Putting myself in Royalcandy's shoes, I'd probably have done the same: the best-rated games on this site (BaD, What a Legend, Love of Magic, De Luca family, LLTP, etc) and most profitable ones (Summertime Saga, Milfy City, BaD again) on Patreon are semi or full Sandbox. Recently, even a complete story-driven masterpiece like Leap of Faith added a simplistic Free Roam part too. That's where the market is going.

We may like it or not, but they're just trying to expand their customer base. In the future it may turn out to be a bad choice because No More Secrets was a good game for the niche of players who don't like wandering and stat-grinding, while this game won't fit their interest. I think the devs' coding skills make the difference in this kind of situation: they can destroy a good plot or make a dull story-line fun. We'll see.
Personally, I like both playing styles and if they're gonna put real effort in the game, I'll support them.
I have no issue with a contained free roam segment. No more Secrets had that and it was fine. The most popular game (by far) on the site also has that and it's fine. My problem is with stat/money grind that usually happens through repetition. When I play a game I want every scene on screen to be something that progresses the narrative, not something only meant to raise some arbitrary stat/resource.

From a quick look at the first page, sorted by likes, the majority of games are either full VNs or VNs with basic free roam parts. There are some full sandboxes like the ones you mentioned but certainly not the majority. Granted this one is still very early in development and things might turn out different but I wouldn't bet on that.

N7Pi3

Feb 4, 2018
Kind of not as promising as I hoped it would be. :cry: Door clicking free roam is as annoying as you would expect, characters have visual quality but none of them are memorable/haunting like in NMS, no lewd content apart from watching mom get fucked by her boyfriend. :unsure: I hope it gets better in 2021. :rolleyes:
Exactly my thoughts too. Guess I will just hold off and check it out again after a couple updates.

Personally not a fan of these more grindy sandbox games and much prefer full vn style but i will hold out hope that this won't be too bad.

Last edited:

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
I was realy hoping this one was in the same style like the old one. It turns out it is now a full grindy sandbox game. But this kind of game kills the mood pretty fast. I hope the dev will return to the old VS style with a litte bit freeroom.

Drearcerberus

Jun 7, 2017
Anyone else unable to use the online store to buy sunscreen? Never mind, for some reason it was grayed out until i clicked on Golden Boy, then it worked after I got out of it.

Last edited:

Samael-79

Aug 26, 2020
I have a problem, the second time I have to use the lawn mower, I enter the warehouse but nothing happens, I can't do anything, it just tells me that I have to click on the lawn mower, but it is not selectable

Reactions: Hlextor

Sngo

May 9, 2020
Loved NMS even after being salty with the endings.
Was waiting to play and give a try to this game to see if it was a match to NMS and worth to sub then comes the full sandbox and having your LI fucking others, well you already lost me especially with the last part.
The sandbox if applied well could still be enjoyable but having the LI fucking other that is a hard pass.
Sadly will need to put it in ignore.
Maybe next game will be worthy If don't have that kind of crap in it.
GL

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
FantasticUser007

• Is there going to be NTR?
    No. I don't plan to add any NTR in the game. Girl are going to cheat on with you and maybe if you screw things really bad are going to be cheat on you, but no NTR.
Cheating:
Having sex with someone girlfriend/wife.

Ntr is either having your love interest used in front of you to envoke feelings of jelousy, rage, etc.
Or you doing that to someone else.

NTR tags is missing, i think :unsure:

het2000

Aug 8, 2016
FantasticUser007

No. I don't plan to add any NTR in the game. Girl are going to cheat on with you and maybe if you screw things really bad are going to be cheat on you, but no NTR.
Cheating:
Having sex with someone girlfriend/wife.

Ntr is either having your love interest used in front of you to envoke feelings of jelousy, rage, etc.
Or you doing that to someone else.

NTR tags is missing, i think :unsure:
Amen. Mom getting fucked by Adam....Unless you create an NTR game, these scenes should've never been added. Some devs just never learn. :rolleyes:

DonStark

May 4, 2017
Hi, sorry if my english is not good but i don't understand ...

So in the same answer ... i don't plan to add any NTR but in the same time girl are going to cheat you and finally again no NTR. Can someone tell me because i'm pretty lost

Sngo

May 9, 2020
Hi, sorry if my english is not good but i don't understand ...

So in the same answer ... i don't plan to add any NTR but in the same time girl are going to cheat you and finally again no NTR. Can someone tell me because i'm pretty lost
Summing it up :

1. The Love Interest either must be romantically involved with the protagonist, a potential romance for him or of someone that the protagonist shares such a close relationship (sister, mother, osananajimi etc.) that jealousy is a factor.

2. Related sexual events are explicitly shown to the player or later described in detail.

So this game definitely has NTR.
The mom/landlady whatever you want to call it with Adam sex scenes are NTR

Mr. Harper

Feb 25, 2020
Lmao, it doesn't matter if he is a friend, best friend, boyfriend or even husband... it's NTR man, because it causes jealousy... Sigh, the first version we have seen one of the LI having sex ...
I really hate when i see other people who take action first before MC, i really didn't expect this scene to be made by this developer.

Last edited:

qweeerrrtt

Apr 20, 2019
Is this one of those games where you have to grind for money and stats and be at certain time with certain girl to progress the story?
Man i hate those kind of game, it gets so repetitive and kill the enjoyment of playing it.
I really like NMS but the sandbox tag on this game is such a turnoff.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018

DonStark

May 4, 2017
thanks for your answers ... well if the ntr isn't avoilable i'm out, damn rip because i loved "No More Secret" but i dislike ntr so if i don't have choose well good luck for the rest

3.10 star(s) 13 Votes