Osider

RedHead
Donor
Sep 23, 2019
That is totally fine and super understandable. My point was about people demanding dev to work for a game they get for free in a forum. As if they would like other people demanding them what to do with their time for free.

Neither at your statement you said that you will go and demand a developer to release their game so you can buy it. You are saying you will wait for that to happen and buy it to avoid having paid for an unfinished product, which is probably the smart thing to do.
True, but nothing prevent me to ask them to speed up the dev, but he don't have to do it, since he will priorise the patreon ;)
The problem come, when the patreon ask and the dev don't even respond or do an update post who really say nothing really true (but i do not even know if it's the case here).

Reactions: Kond

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
True, but nothing prevent me to ask them to speed up the dev, but he don't have to do it, since he will priorise the patreon ;)
The problem come, when the patreon ask and the dev don't even respond or do an update post who really say nothing really true (but i do not even know if it's the case here).
Kyois have been away on a family vacation with either accidental or chosen internet shadow, he'll be back late september.

paijo.tukino

Dec 31, 2019
Once I supported a dev on patreon because seeing something promising here. But then it took 6 months for the dev to deliver small update (around 15 minutes gameplay), at that time I stopped supporting him/her on patreon. Sadly it happened not only once. One dev right now AWOL for more than 1 year without any update even in his/her patreon page the last update was almost 16 months ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Osider and User1230

moondrake

Aug 27, 2021
I ran across this a while ago but only just ran it.
This is freaking amazing. The story is out of this world. My roommate is severely wishing it was his.

Any chance this will be updating soon? There weren't any chapter breaks that I noticed, so how much content is usually in the updates?
I absolutely love the short stories. The fact that there is a prequel, let alone one so well written and thought out, just shows how much the writer has put into this. It's amazing.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I ran across this a while ago but only just ran it.
This is freaking amazing. The story is out of this world. My roommate is severely wishing it was his.

Any chance this will be updating soon? There weren't any chapter breaks that I noticed, so how much content is usually in the updates?
I absolutely love the short stories. The fact that there is a prequel, let alone one so well written and thought out, just shows how much the writer has put into this. It's amazing.
Kyois is on a family vacation until late september then he will finish up chapter 5 so hopefully sometime in october.

Reactions: moondrake

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Once I supported a dev on patreon because seeing something promising here. But then it took 6 months for the dev to deliver small update (around 15 minutes gameplay), at that time I stopped supporting him/her on patreon. Sadly it happened not only once. One dev right now AWOL for more than 1 year without any update even in his/her patreon page the last update was almost 16 months ago.
That sucks, but maybe you could set yourself a maximum time allowed?
So a number of games take 3-4 months. If you set a maximum of 5 months, then withdraw your support after that if there's not been an update, or a reason provided for why not that means you're happy to continue.

Reactions: User1230

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
That sucks, but maybe you could set yourself a maximum time allowed?
So a number of games take 3-4 months. If you set a maximum of 5 months, then withdraw your support after that if there's not been an update, or a reason provided for why not that means you're happy to continue.
that'd suit to others except scammers and patreon.

meanmanatee

Oct 20, 2017
I only ever support devs who put out consistent quality updates of excellent games and have done so for a while, Now and Then with ILS being a classic example, or games that have regular updates even if rare when the game is superb like Caribdis. Even if a game is top quality it never makes sense to support very irregular devs imo. They can keep working on the game but 90% of them drop it half finished. I really hope Reluctant Archon belongs to that 10% as it is an excellent game and Kyois seems respectable with when he charges, but I imagine it must be hard to get patreon rolling when you are this irregular and non responsive. Here's hoping their life calms down so they can focus whether they decide to keep working on Reluctant Archon or not.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I only ever support devs who put out consistent quality updates of excellent games and have done so for a while, Now and Then with ILS being a classic example, or games that have regular updates even if rare when the game is superb like Caribdis. Even if a game is top quality it never makes sense to support very irregular devs imo. They can keep working on the game but 90% of them drop it half finished. I really hope Reluctant Archon belongs to that 10% as it is an excellent game and Kyois seems respectable with when he charges, but I imagine it must be hard to get patreon rolling when you are this irregular and non responsive. Here's hoping their life calms down so they can focus whether they decide to keep working on Reluctant Archon or not.
You think he should respond to people when he and his family is on a non-online vacation? It has been explained that he and his family has gone on a ling vacation and that he will be back at the ned of september.

Thus far there has been NO indication that he have any intention of stopping development of RA (no, a long development time isn't an indication of that). He has also paused his Patreon while he is away.

meanmanatee

Oct 20, 2017
You think he should respond to people when he and his family is on a non-online vacation? It has been explained that he and his family has gone on a ling vacation and that he will be back at the ned of september.

Thus far there has been NO indication that he have any intention of stopping development of RA (no, a long development time isn't an indication of that). He has also paused his Patreon while he is away.
No I don't. I am not telling Kyois off or saying he has done wrong, I am simply explaining why I wouldn't be a patron of a project like this one and why many people may be skittish of doing the same. He should do as he sees fit and the game is great. I also understand there are real world reasons for the development cycle of this game taking the form it has and they should always have priority over an adult game. There developed a discussion about what games people feel comfortable supporting in the context of this games development and I was just adding my two cents on why I wouldn't be a patron of this game despite it being one of my favorites.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Dev says update is coming/is working on it, then is vacationing... Just doesn't smell very good
He never said the update was gonna be released before he went on vacation. Not to mention that he has suspended his Patreon until the next update is released, kinda of hard to milk it when there is no cow.....

It really isn't that hard to check up on what's going on before making asinine comments!

ScroxDieded

Nov 6, 2017
He never said the update was gonna be released before he went on vacation. Not to mention that he has suspended his Patreon until the next update is released, kinda of hard to milk it when there is no cow.....

It really isn't that hard to check up on what's going on before making asinine comments!

Hmmm. I guess you're right, even if you're being rude about it. With so many milkers showing up lately and with the lack of updates I possibly misjudged this dev. That's great news, though, since I love this game.

Reactions: noman hossain

Lazer of Lok

May 11, 2018
Hmmm. I guess you're right, even if you're being rude about it. With so many milkers showing up lately and with the lack of updates I possibly misjudged this dev. That's great news, though, since I love this game.
HornyyPussy is maybe being rude, but he is forgiven cause he is a Swedish prick :KEK:

When I spoke with Kyois he assured me that chapter 5 is being worked on. However people need to understand that this is only a hobby project and he has no obligations to us to work on it just because we want a update. And yes, he has not been good at communicating here, discord or Patreon.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
HornyyPussy is maybe being rude, but he is forgiven cause he is a Swedish prick :KEK:

When I spoke with Kyois he assured me that chapter 5 is being worked on. However people need to understand that this is only a hobby project and he has no obligations to us to work on it just because we want a update. And yes, he has not been good at communicating here, discord or Patreon.
HEY! I can be rude as any nationality! ;)

Sorry for being rude ScroxDieded it's just there a lot of complaining about milking and stuff without knowing the reasons behind why updates get delayed (on this and many other threads), sometimes I get a little snippy about it.......

ScroxDieded

Nov 6, 2017
HEY! I can be rude as any nationality! ;)

Sorry for being rude ScroxDieded it's just there a lot of complaining about milking and stuff without knowing the reasons behind why updates get delayed (on this and many other threads), sometimes I get a little snippy about it.......
No harm done. I'm glad he's working on it, even if he's bad at communicating it. I wish he could make it a full time project though, if he got enough support to make a living out of it. But it's been months since I checked on this and I don't even remember if that's his intention at all.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
No harm done. I'm glad he's working on it, even if he's bad at communicating it. I wish he could make it a full time project though, if he got enough support to make a living out of it. But it's been months since I checked on this and I don't even remember if that's his intention at all.
Don't think he makes nearly enough money to live of it (few Dev's do) and even then many don't want to only do this since it's a bit of an insecure income.

Reactions: Trojaner

ScroxDieded

Nov 6, 2017
Don't think he makes nearly enough money to live of it (few Dev's do) and even then many don't want to only do this since it's a bit of an insecure income.
Yeah, I would be insecure too if one of my projects ever leave paper. Unless I got to like 30k per month which would be enough to take the leap.

4.60 star(s) 69 Votes