bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
2 yrs. that is how long he has gone without a word about any amount of progress towards this game. it doesn't matter if he was working on a game on a completely different level of graphics if he isn't posting anything
Yes? My point is that 2 years is very short compared to Bg&E2 which was first announced 2008, that is 15 years and counting. Pat Rothfuss and GRR Martin has been at it for 12 years and counting for their next books.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Yes? My point is that 2 years is very short compared to Bg&E2 which was first announced 2008, that is 15 years and counting. Pat Rothfuss and GRR Martin has been at it for 12 years and counting for their next books.
that makes no sense. you are comparing books to VN. dev has been quiet for 2 yrs now and has made no way to get into contact to check if there is progress or if dev intends to continue at all

Reactions: dawlben

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Honestly, f95 are very quick to say games are abandoned. Compared to works like Pat Rothfuss's The Doors of Stone, George R.R. Martin's final entry of Song of Ice and Fire or Ubisoft's Beyond Good and Evil 2, Kyois can stall for a few years more and still have plenty of time to finish Reluctant Archon in shorter time than those. :p
AAA games and books are on different category than AVNs, 1st 2 get money after product is finished (and finishing can take years due thing or tons of things) and on sale and 3rd gets money while updates games bit by bit (or doesn't and just scams) and when AVN is ready devs get same payment as they did before or small-big surge as those who waited that AVN gets completed and then "buy" it.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
With these others, there is plenty of evidence that they are still alive. As far as I know, we don't have that assurance for Kyois.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
With these others, there is plenty of evidence that they are still alive. As far as I know, we don't have that assurance for Kyois.
The only sign from his side is that someone apparently is pausing his Patreon every month. Other than that it's been silent for over 2 years now.

Reactions: Doxxi

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Good to see SOME of the download links are functional for this great title. (…I usually do a replay about every year) For me, this was one of the first harem titles I played (around when I was fairly new to AVN's).

Though, It was a real shame this had been abandoned by the dev, way too early into it's production...as the story was just getting good (The writing and story is excellently done...top tier piece of work for me). It sure would've been awesome if this project woken shortly after it was tagged abandoned, but it's been much too long since the dev has made any comments on his Patreon site (2021). (Well, my wishful thinking...got the better of me.)

After playing this again...it makes me sad every time, that there will be no more of this great story. :(

Last edited:

GayLord Jesus

Oct 9, 2021
Lol can someone just take over this game and finish what was started please
It's pretty stupid to think someone else could just take over and finish the project. Why? Let me tell you.
Firstly, story and future plot progression for this project is unknown.

Secondly, IP still belongs to original dev so anybody else cannot just "takeover", it'll have to be developed separately and from the very beginning without access to any of these existing assets.
Thirdly, it'll be easier to develop an entirely new game / VN (maybe inspired) from scratch with creative freedom, than trying to revive this VN without it's original dev (also no liability or baggage).

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Sadly, the dev went radio silent during the worst of Covid and has not been in contact with anyone when it comes to this game, even the discord mods have no idea what's been going on with him. Because of that, I have to sadly assume the dev has passed away.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Grelk

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Isn't it automatic ? Do we know there's a person that does it manually ?
I've been told it has to be done manually but I have no idea if that is the case.

Sadly, the dev went radio silent during the worst of Covid and has not been in contact with anyone when it comes to this game, even the discord mods have no idea what's been going on with him. Because of that, I have to sadly assume the dev has passed away.
Last we heard was that he was going on a family vacation where he wouldn't be able to be online much.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yeah, we had a lot of developers drop out with no word during the worst of the pandemic. Hard not to assume the worst.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Yeah, we had a lot of developers drop out with no word during the worst of the pandemic. Hard not to assume the worst.
Another spike of devs dropping out of radar happened after February of last year. Sadly not even gaming is insulated from shit happening outside.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Another spike of devs dropping out of radar happened after February of last year. Sadly not even gaming is insulated from shit happening outside.
nope if they have daytime job which reqs more from them.

bigb89

Aug 7, 2022
Judging by the comments i tried to not play this because the developer is awol atm, but everything about it is right up my ally and i gave in, i wish i didnt because i want more :cry:

Reactions: metallicaphil

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Judging by the comments i tried to not play this because the developer is awol atm, but everything about it is right up my ally and i gave in, i wish i didnt because i want more :cry:
we all feel the pain of what this could have been. sadly fate had other ideas in store for this game

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
this has plenty to play.

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
mostley the logic assumption but maybe he´s alive but dosent have any interest of advancing the vn anymore...maybe even any vn´s...life is hard and sometimes there are more benefitting things to come...found a girlfriend :cool: and has nomore time to play around...work,family issues...there are a ton of things ....the only point is there is no update-radiosilence....better walk on and look for other good vn´s with fantasy/magic/harem/op-mc/loli/inc/milf:oops:....i´m wandering off the trails but get what i mean...

Kylemnb

Sep 2, 2021
Part of me either hopes the dev will miraculously show up again soon and start working on this AVN again or someone else continues the story because for the first time in a long time I felt deeply connected with the MC and really want to see more on how this story plays out!

Anyways if someones reading this and you've played other games with these genres before and have a recommendation, Please make one because I love this kind of story but rarely can find a decent story with these genres

4.60 star(s) 69 Votes