fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
Sorry if it came that way.... you're one of the best story tellers in the world, so the way it was done was a let down. Rob is well known as well as his appearance. And yet it was a blatant case of tell but don't show. You always were good at letting the reader make his/her own conclusions without spoonfeeding the information... like in the case of Elizabeth, from the start it was obvious there's something wrong with her. And when the vampires attacked it was still a surprise... And yet at the gathering of the gods,there was an obvious mention of who that character was supposed to be. With the prior character people could still speculate if it was really her or just a coincidence. Maybe my words were harsh and for that I apologize but from you a blunder like that was heart shattering. And kudoz to Rob for helping you
I sort of see your point regarding the "show, don't tell", less because I didn't want the name mentioned but because of the weird placement (MCs brother having to deal with all kinds of stuff but being shocked by the sudden energy spike, the gods bickering amongst themselves but dropping everything because of a sudden energy spike - RANDOM CUT TO DISCONNECTED CAMEO - sister doing her stuff and then being shocked by the energy spike, etc.) I would have probably preferred the cameo during a calmer and less important time, or maybe even during the same time but with the order being: gods talk -> cameo -> energy spike -> cut to next scene, rather than gods talk -> energy spike -> cameo -> cut to next scene.

But in all honestly it's actually nice to see that a dev is thankful to a user helping him out and actually wants to show these thanks, so I don't really see how this would mean "everything was flushed down the toilet" or how it would keep you from ever checking the game out again. Seems a little extreme.
At first, because of the weird placement of the cameo (it coming after the energy spike and not before and thus being the most important aspect of that scene) I thought the introduced characters were actually supposed to be as impactful to the story as Serena will likely be, because she follows the same pattern, cutting through the Archon-hype to give you a reminder "there's still someone more powerful than the pityful vampire around who may or may not be your enemy. don't get cocky thinking you'll get a break." and introducing herself as the next plothook. That had me a bit worried, thinking forum members were gonna become major plot characters among the gods in a game that otherwise references actual mythologies for almost all of its gods (I've never heard of Halmjir, so he might be an original creation), but checking the forum once made it clear that this was just intended as thanks. Don't really see why anyone would still have a problem with it at that point.

Either way, amazing game. Far too often all the games on his site are about are nice models while the stories are secondary, yet this and a handful of other titles feel like stories first and fap-material second which I consider far more engaging. Good work and I can't wait for the next update but for this kind of quality I gladly will.

Reactions: Gods and Zivairs

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
concerning all that..dev already knows it was done wrong cause he and i chatted about and came up with a different name for him..i noticed it was too on the nose...and we came up with a diff name that would take a Mythology expert to make the connection..maybe its too late cause so many have seen my cameo but hey..hopefully the text fix comes soon and new players wont have it in their face..
and we noticed before all the shouty stuff here started..so its not a panic'd response..was already in the making :D

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
concerning all that..dev already knows it was done wrong cause he and i chatted about and came up with a different name for him..i noticed it was too on the nose...and we came up with a diff name that would take a Mythology expert to make the connection..maybe its too late cause so many have seen my cameo but hey..hopefully the text fix comes soon and new players wont have it in their face..
and we noticed before all the shouty stuff here started..so its not a panic'd response..was already in the making :D
Nice!

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
Just to reaffirm what many of us have been saying, If we see anything new, like chapt 4 preview, or chapt 3.5 Solstice edition, we will all be ecstatic, but if not we will probably get to see a happy new year edition (whenever that gets released) and we cant say anything bad about that.

Just wanted to put in my 1/1000000th cent, and hoping all is well in the land of the RA's maker.

• Love
Reactions: Zivairs

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
Just to reaffirm what many of us have been saying, If we see anything new, like chapt 4 preview, or chapt 3.5 Solstice edition, we will all be ecstatic, but if not we will probably get to see a happy new year edition (whenever that gets released) and we cant say anything bad about that.

Just wanted to put in my 1/1000000th cent, and hoping all is well in the land of the RA's maker.
I actually dropped a Sneak-Peak at the upcoming Short-Story, and a few renders of the Winner from a Poll I had going…

I will be dropping some more Sneak-Peaks soon, so I hope my Patreons don’t mind me sharing these now:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
I actually dropped a Sneak-Peak at the upcoming Short-Story, and a few renders of the Winner from a Poll I had going…

I will be dropping some more Sneak-Peaks soon, so I hope my Patreons don’t mind me sharing these now:

if i may ask :

where does the short story plays???

Past??
Future??
or the Present??

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
if i may ask :

where does the short story plays???

Past??
Future??
or the Present??
Hmm, can’t say without giving away spoilers.

What I will say: If you recall back in October, I was making the transition to 1080, which in turn opened my eyes at all the backwards work I would have to do, effectively halting my VN if I continued working in 1080.

I scrapped that idea quickly once I realized it. What I didn’t reject was the story/coding/renders I already had done, so instead of letting that sit on my hard drive never to see the light of day, I am rewriting the story and giving it. It’s own ‘Christmas’(traditions) themed short-story.

I suppose, I’ll give a little spoiler: I am calling it a Short-Story, but it’s more like a Ch 3.5 as it will ‘bridge’ Chapters Three and Four.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
Hmm, can’t say without giving away spoilers.

What I will say: If you recall back in October, I was making the transition to 1080, which in turn opened my eyes at all the backwards work I would have to do, effectively halting my VN if I continued working in 1080.

I scrapped that idea quickly once I realized it. What I didn’t reject was the story/coding/renders I already had done, so instead of letting that sit on my hard drive never to see the light of day, I am rewriting the story and giving it. It’s own ‘Christmas’(traditions) themed short-story.

I suppose, I’ll give a little spoiler: I am calling it a Short-Story, but it’s more like a Ch 3.5 as it will ‘bridge’ Chapters Three and Four.
i kind of suggested it that would be between the end of chapter 2 and before the finale of chapter 3 seeing Marena as a sneak peek ;) :love:

but watch out when it is between chp 3 and 4 do not give to much away because the MC is still in the Hideout from the vampires at the end of chp 3 ;)

BabyYoda

Too cute I am
Mar 20, 2018
I did in one go HS. Zivairs, your story is something really interesting and i am glad this is not another college guy fucking everyone who walk in two legs (i dont mind if the sorcerer do) or another MILF, sister game (i really want to know why peoples like this kinda of shit, eww). Like i said, nice story, nice renders. U should double check the text, english is my second languague and is not perfect but even i could tell there is some mistakes with words and pontuation, this kinda of make a little hard to read some scenes. Keep the good work with the story man and u will be a good dev.

Challenge

Donor
Aug 1, 2018
Good graphics, good story, great music selection; At 3 am I finally put it down and went to sleep. Woke up this morning and finished it with morning coffee.

Want more! Need more! Gimme More!

Please o_O

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
I feel bad for your free time since you reached 51 patrons, So congrats and even tho i feel bad for your free time now being taken up i'm also glad since it means more of this :devilish:

• Haha

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
I feel bad for your free time since you reached 51 patrons, So congrats and even tho i feel bad for your free time now being taken up i'm also glad since it means more of this :devilish:
If I am honest, I did not believe I was going to reach that goal, haha.

Most of the time, I release each update for free so I believed that would put people off, but I guess not. Don’t get me wrong I am happy to have support balancing the coast of new Models/Assets/Programs; it’s just astounding me that people enjoy my story that much.

But I am a man of my word, so this coming Monday is the start of all my free time being diverted towards this VN. I already made preparations to break up with my girlfriend and to take fewer hours at work. (Haha! *Joking.)

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
Wait, what is coming monday?
balinorr is correct.

I worked on this VN on the weekends, but now that my goal has been reached, I am going to be giving it all of my free time.

So this coming Monday is the start of that, I have to prepare my life for the change. Cut ties with my social life, cut down on hours at work, boot my girlfriend out of my life. You know that sort of thing...(Once again I am joking.)

But yeah, this VN is now given all of my free time starting this Monday and…

balinorr

Apr 25, 2017
Put all your free time into this and you may not have to boot your girlfriend...
Considering it was his Girlfriend who had him keep one of the characters i doubt that will happen.
balinorr is correct.

I worked on this VN on the weekends, but now that my goal has been reached, I am going to be giving it all of my free time.

So this coming Monday is the start of that, I have to prepare my life for the change. Cut ties with my social life, cut down on hours at work, boot my girlfriend out of my life. You know that sort of thing...(Once again I am joking.)

But yeah, this VN is now given all of my free time starting this Monday and…

is that pic the woman from short story? i have to say im begining to really hate MC's mother whoever she was! she seems to be promising awful lot of his being to other people(to the amazonians, to these goddesses....maybe more), the dad is a prick with what he did no doubt(patricide seems like a good choice here!!) but the mother isn't any better....damn manipulative dead bi** cough cough "woman" :FacePalm:

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 69 Votes