GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Or you could just read the changelog and you would know what was added.
The changelog did not indicate VSS (or CSS per downloaded file) is a short Christmas story. I imagine that is where the confusion lies (or tells the truth :ROFLMAO: ).

For people that want all the content like me, keep a copy of it all, I have the SS, CSS, VSS, and the main game all saved seperately, its a good way to keep a handle on everything, Im sure there will come a time when some small incident or screen in a short story will have weight in the main game and people will be going huh, since when did that happen :)

So far in the new SS we find out how the MC and Sammy met, we get an Idea that Nessa will be popping up soon, as we get to see her previous supervisor talking to her on the phone, and we are beginning to learn what the MC did to get where he is at the beginning of the story. To say its not important is nuts.
How odd it is to see that someone does the same thing I do.

Since I bought a new 6TB HD, I have been saving the downloaded zip files of everything, including any IP's or mods. I also keep only the latest version of the game (unzipped) in it's own folder, just in case.

What's new exactly? Started from my June save and skipped all that I already read.. Ended up at the title screen before I knew it.
You really need to leave that Ctrl or Tab key alone. You may miss something important.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
The one at the top is for the main game, as it always is.
The ones beneath are for the older versions, plus side projects & prequels, etc.

The changelog clearly states "VSS added" as the most recent entry.
The 1st of the spoilered links underneath the main game has big, bold text saying "Prequel (VSS)".
Meaning that the "VSS added" component is found there.
I don't know how that was considered unclear, but hope this makes it a little less so.
Ho can it be considered unclear if it is properly posted? Maybe it wasn't properly posted? Here is the post from the changelog as of this post.

Added VSS v1.0

Ch.4 complete
And here it is, The complete Chapter Four. Going forward, I will not be breaking up the Chapter so much.
What’s included:
A Breakfast meeting, should you go or not? (Both choices have different outcomes)
A Grimoire was sent to the MC, should he open it?
Is the MC finally going to hide his Wings!?
At the Stables and Alvara is looking good in her old Amazonian clothing…but they need improving…
The MC gets to study the portal(Homage to Stargate), But wait! Someone is watching him!
Nolan and the MC get to have a talk….was the MC mad at Nolan for talking about the Amazonians?
Before the MC can get back into the City, there is a scheme afoot!
The post does not indicate that the VSS version is a special Christmas version.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Ho can it be considered unclear if it is properly posted? Maybe it wasn't properly posted? Here is the post from the changelog as of this post.

The post does not indicate that the VSS version is a special Christmas version.
VSS is not the Christmas short story, VSS is the Vanessa short story.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Ok this is really good but there are a lot of characters to keep track of like the families, the gods, the vampires, the werewolves, the elves, the amazons, the orks oh my!

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
It was not "unclear" to me.
It was completely "clear" to me.
It seemed as if it was "unclear" to the person I responded to, hence my response was an attempt to make it "clear" to them.

Reactions: GrammerCop

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
The top link is for the main game.
The main game is Reluctant Archon.

The lower links, in spoilers, are for side games, prequels and previous versions.

The changelog sequentially displays the most recently added content.
The most recent content is VSS, which is a prequel/side story (not the main game &, therefore, not the top link).

The fact that VSS is written in Bold & is the title of the new content, is what makes it clear.

Your post count is irrelevant. All you need to do is read & comprehend.
Being salty towards the mods is probably why your post got deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
The Dev has made a huge harem and the thing is it don't feel like you are being unfair with anyone cuz of the nature of the game i think some devs don't think about it when they make a game they want to add a lot of girls but never think about making sense
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
It's been a long time. And what we get at last was not main game but a prequel. Not a complete one, just a tiny part of it.... :(....
Kyois probably picked up where he left of before the break which is fine since it's HIS plan how to release the game. And if you think half is a tiny part of anything you should really have word with your teachers...

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Kyois probably picked up where he left of before the break which is fine since it's HIS plan how to release the game. And if you think half is a tiny part of anything you should really have word with your teachers...
Didn't know he was on break. So, that's my ignorance. But that aside it is a small update even if it's half of the prequel. Don't care if your teacher taught you it's a big update

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Didn't know he was on break. So, that's my ignorance. But that aside it is a small update even if it's half of the prequel. Don't care if your teacher taught you it's a big update
So that's your defence for making a derogatory comment, not using the search function to find why it's been so long?

And I never said it was a big update, just not a tiny part of one, some difference there sport...

• Haha
Reactions: whichone

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
No, I have no idea how the search function properly works. I tried before for other games. It just shows a lot of results. So, no... I don't use search function.
It took me less than 10 minutes, so it's really tiny. Some call it small update, some call it regular update. That's their standard.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
So that's your defence for making a derogatory comment, not using the search function to find why it's been so long?
Derogatory is a bit harsh. You might not agree, but I think its ok to be a bit disappointed when a game you like comes back with little content. I get why it is what it is, doesn't mean people aren't allowed to be disappointed, on the contrary, it means they care.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
It took me less than 10 minutes, so it's really tiny. Some call it small update, some call it regular update. That's their standard.
I'm not taking sides & I agree that the perceived "size" is subjective.
But it was just a play on words:
if you think half is a tiny part of anything
He's saying that half is 50% of something, so is categorically not a tiny part.

Aside from that misunderstanding, the search function when searching for games can be a bit janky, so I absolutely get your point.
However, when you are in the thread for a particular game, the default setting is "search this thread".
So, when you want to know something about the game, it's generally advisable to use that feature first, to see if the answer you're looking for can be found, or if the question has been asked before.
Saves the same question being asked & answered, or similar points being raised, multiple times. (y)

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Derogatory is a bit harsh. You might not agree, but I think its ok to be a bit disappointed when a game you like comes back with little content. I get why it is what it is, doesn't mean people aren't allowed to be disappointed, on the contrary, it means they care.
Posters complaining about the frequency or length of something they pay zero cents for is irksome to some that are just thankful and happy to have new material. Ungratefulness can be ugly to some and they have a right as well to state that.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I'm not taking sides & I agree that the perceived "size" is subjective.
But it was just a play on words:

He's saying that half is 50% of something, so is not a tiny part.
This. Though wolfypack431609's comment was pretty much on point in more ways than one. Well played.

Aside from that misunderstanding, the search function when searching for games can be a bit janky, so I absolutely get your point.
However, when you are in the thread for a particular game, the default setting is "search this thread".
So, when you want to know something about the game, it's generally advisable to use that feature first, to see if the answer you're looking for can be found, or if the question has been asked before.
Saves the same question being asked & answered multiple times. (y)
While I do agree with you, I feel it necessary to point out certain gotchas in using the search successfully:

1) default search order

As far as I know the default search order is still by relevance – an elusive weighting which at times may feel like wild guesswork. And while this may be somewhat useful in doing broad searches on the whole zone it does not lend itself very well to searching game threads for the latest information on certain topics. I recommend switching the order to most recent:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2) refining search results

Using the search bar on a result page does not search inside those very results, but instead defaults to searching the whole zone. To refine a result one either needs to use the browsers integrated site search or go back and do the search anew with refined terms (which thanks to the point above may return them in a wildly different order).

3) switching from content to 'by member' search

Clearing the search bar will not clear the search term but will leave it set to the last one used. Searching for all posts by a certain member can only be done on a page on which one did not search for anything besides other members' posts yet.

OrcDra

Aug 22, 2018
Love and hate the game at the same time. I love the story and many of the characters, but at some point it just 100% story and 0% sex for hours. I ended up to use this game to read the text out loud to get better in english speech instead of "useing" it as a hentai game.

4.60 star(s) 69 Votes