[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hi, I saw your announcement and I would like to try to help you with this project. As a starter with recreating scenes. I'm quite new with renpy but I have some background with IT overall, so with some guidance from you I should be fine.
One of the things that would be nice is to transcribe some of the Harley stuff over from Rebuilt to ReImagined. I talked about this here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...unity-development-thread.144779/post-10733467

I'd probably have to help set up the main menu for this, but the cell scenes themselves should be somewhat easy to carry over, and this would give you an opportunity to work with existing code. Mainly you'd just be converting image tags over to take advantage of the layeredimage stuff.

In any case, since you are 'new' and probably can't send DMs yet, I'll DM you to start the conversation.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Senchest

Just noting that I DMed you earlier about this, and thanks for your work so far on Harley!

Everyone,

So, I have this screen about where I want it I think...

SU_ReImagined_GlamourSlamScreenWIP2.jpg

Still need to tweak a few more things (need to change the Threat Level bar background to match the blue scheme, and set up the 'New Girl info' and probably a couple of other minor things, but it's looking pretty sharp so far.

Not sure when Roulette will end up using a lot of fatigue, but I'm thinking that if some sort of 'needs a day off every once in a while' routine is set up that the Glamour Slam income will drop on days that Roulette isn't around.

I guessed on Roulette's stats. She essentially is a martial artist of sorts, with a head for business, hence the Intelligence stat of 4.

I suppose that down the road someone might want to set up alternate managers for the Glamour Slam, so while for now the stats thing is more flavor than anything, it could come into play if say one of Lex's consorts had to sub for Roulette for a while...

In the meantime, mainly the stats are there just to look pretty and to maintain a bit of consistency with other screens that are displaying stats.

BTW, the plan is that clicking on the 'new girl' icons will take you directly to the conversation that involves them, with the 'Let's go to my office to discuss this' dialogue at the start of the conversation. My goal is to reduce the 'click-thru' load where I can when it makes sense, and this screen is a perfect opportunity for such things.

Also, clicking on the Bodyguard Icon would send you to the Henchmen Security screen, so that you could unassign and assign a different bodyguard if so desired, or if the slot is empty, to see who is available for bodyguard duty currently.

I'm also thinking about setting things up so that clicking on a gal on the 'roster list' at the right would show you her available scenes, without having to watch all of the other girls. It's a thought anyways...

Catwoman's screen will look very similar to this one. I'm about to go ask for more Catwoman content in the Sprite ReMix/Fanart thread, so that hopefully someone starts to work on more stuff for Catwoman...

As always, feedback is always appreciated!
:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyBear

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Note for those that may be working on scenes...

So, easein/easeout is just too damn fast for my tastes. I tried looking through the /renpy folder to see if I could find where the speed of those transitions was set, as I'd like to slow ALL of the ease transitions down, but no joy.

So I went with a suggested transform that I found via Google, but it's not perfect. Our custom transforms (slightleft/slightright and favorleft/ favorright) aren't playing nice, so you have to use left/center/right and approximate...

Example:

Code:
        show Roulette interested at favorleft
        show Lex crossed talk at favorright
        with dissolve
        ro "Let's go talk in my office..."
        show Roulette back at center with dissolve:
            xoffset -500
        show Roulette at slowease(center, offscreenleft, 1.0):
            xoffset -500
        show Lex down back at right with dissolve:
            xoffset -480
        show Lex at slowease(right, offscreenleft, 1.5):
            xoffset -480
        "Lex follows Roulette as she heads into her office."
Note that in this case, it's best to 'offset' in the direction you want to move out. So if I had put Lex at center with a positive offset, offscreenleft would still show part of Lex at the left edge of the screen after he moved.

In any case, yeah the transform slowease code will be included in the next update, so that anyone else that is coding scenes can take advantage of it.

I wish that I could just type with easeoutleft(1.0) or whatever easout duration I wanted, but that's not the world we live in apparently...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I probably should summarize the changes and additions for the upcoming release...

1) Added Lex's Quarters, which are accessable from the Lexcorp Quarters Screen:
- You can change Lex's focus and choose an item for the evening, if you've purchased one or more items from Tala's shop, at the start of each evening.​
- Lex's outfits are representative of Lex's current focus for the evening, but the plan is to have Lex wearing whatever outfit(s) may be appropriate for the current situation.​
- Lex's current Bodyguard and currently assigned Aide will be shown on the Quarters screen and in Lex's quarters, along with her stats.​
- No scenes with Lex's bodyguard are currently coded, these will be added in a future release as Henchwoman scenes are coded/transcribed...​
- Once focus options for the evening are set, you will be able to review your choices (click a button) but may not change them until the next evening.​

2) New screen for Tala's shop:
- The screen will show up when no 'auto dialogue' has been triggered, when you enter her shop.​
- You can choose which outfit you want Tala to wear.​
- You can upgrade Tala's shop from this screen. Benefits of each upgrade are shown on the screen next to the current level icon.​
- If Tala has items for sale, you can purchase them on this screen.​
- Buttons to allow you to talk or interact with Tala are also shown on this screen.​

3) New screen and other changes to the Glamour Slam:

- The new screen will show up when no 'auto dialogue' pre-empts the screen display.​
- You can choose which outfit you prefer Roulette to wear, as well as her hairstyle.​
- Scheduled performers for the evening are shown on this screen, as well as the 'on call' girls.​
- The henchperson currently assigned to Glamour Slam security is shown, and you can access the Legion Security screen from here.​
- If Roulette has any info about new girls, you can access this dialogue from this screen.​
- You can watch all of the performances for the evening via a button on this screen, and if you click on one of the slots in the 'Tonight's Performers' list (except for on call of course), you can watch that gal's performance individually.​
- Note that you can adjust the 'on call' fatigue threshold bar for each on call Heroine on this screen. This is 'unintended' functionality, but it works so I'm leaving it!​

4) Performance scheduling at the Glamour Slam has been changed:

- The nine performer slots are no longer directly tied to activities. Instead:​
- When the Glamour Slam is upgraded to Level 2+, girls with device levels of 2 or higher will strip as well as dance.​
- When the Glamour Slam is upgraded to Level 3+, girls with device levels of 3 or higher will also do eroplay.​
- When watching performances, girls will first dance, then strip, then perform eroplay, as their current device level allows.​
- 'On call' girls are no longer directly tied to a 'row'. They may be called in for 'higher tier' rows if not called in to replace girls on the current row, and they will then perform as dictated by their device level.​
- 'On call' girls at the Glamour Slam can subsitute for girls in the Meta Bordello if available and if their device level allows...​
- The 'Free slots' when upgrading the Glamour Slam have been changed to 'locked' slots, to 'balance' for the new slot performance level flexibility thingie a bit...​

5) Added a 'Consorts' screen:
- The consorts screen is accessable from the Citymap (click on gal icon at the upper left corner of the city map) and from Lex's quarters.​
- This doesn't do much currently, mainly just showing it off. In the future, Consorts will be able to be assigned to various duties at the start of each evening.​

6) Management screen code tweaks:
- You will no longer need to 'unassign' a heroine before assigning her to another slot. Just select her in the Heroine picker at the right and then click on the slot or assignment (unassigned, crime fighting) that you want to move her to.​
- Tweaks under the hood to deal with a couple of bugs, hopefully I finally fixed these...​
- Heroines assigned to the Glamour Slam will now show their current performance level (Dancing/Stripping/Eroplay) above their assigned slot.​
- As mentioned above, 'on call' girls can be called in to replace other gals regardless of the 'row' that they are assigned to, as long as their device level allows if being called in for Meta Bordello duty.​
- Added fatigue bars below the girl icons in the girl picker window.​

7) Legion Hideout stuff:
- A new option has been added to the Security tab - cause mayhem! This will allow you to assign a henchman to 'rampage across the city' to distract the authorities from Lex's activities, and reduce the threat level. Note that said henchman won't be available for hire for at least five days as they are 'laying low' at that point.​
- Henchmen that have finished their Capture and Heist attempts will not be added to the recruit pool until the following day, and hence won't be immediately available to hire after said capture or heist attempt. This means that having more henchmen available for hire via Legion Hideout upgrades becomes a bit more important...​
- Assigning henchmen to Lex's Quarters (Bodyguard duty) will net an extra 10 point reduction to threat level each night.​
- Assigning henchmen to Lexcorp Security will net an extra 5 point reduction to threat level each night.​
- The Harlequin Diamond Heist is now available (after Harley tells you about it of course!)​

8) Living Quarters stuff:
- Some conversation content for Harley's quarters is now available, including the Harlequin Diamond Heist arc.​
- Minor change under the hood. Thumbnails for rooms are now assigned via each Girl.rpy file. This is mainly for custom thumbnails (say Harley's room).​
- As noted above, you can now enter Lex's quarters from the Quarters screen.​

9) Miscellaneous changes and additions:
- A few new transforms have been added under the hood, that relate to darkening or tinting sprites, or making them more transparent when they are idle. This helps 'bypass' the need to make separate idle and hover sprites for everything, if you are just darkening the sprites or making them more transparent.​
- Added transparent disc icons to the map, to make it a bit more obvious where the clickable locations are. This is done in responce to a request/suggestion made earlier in this thread.​
- After Lois Lane is captured, there is a chance that the Glamour Slam and/or Meta Bordello will shut down for the evening if the threat level is above 525 (1% chance per point over 525). This means no income from the GS/MB for that evening if the GS/MB are shut down.​
- Minor change to the event reporting. You may now see how much the threat level is increased/reduced in some cases in the 'breaking news' flash.​
- Changes to how fatigue, etc. are adjusted during the 'end of night' routines. There was a bug where fatigue wasn't always increased/decreased, hopefully I've managed to fix this.​
- A bunch of relevant credits have been added to the 'about' menu page. This is mostly just repeating the stuff that's on the title screen. BTW, the reason all of that text is also on the title page is to make it 100% clear that this is STILL an unsanctioned, unofficial proof of concept gameplay demo, being done by fans and not by the GSGames team.​

8) Probably a few other things that I'm not remembering atm...

That's it for now. I need to do some more playtesting, then the plan is to drop the 0.27 update in the next few days...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Soooo, I should talk about my latest evil plan...

SU_ReImagined_SecurityMayhem.jpg

So, you'll note that Atomic Skull has a bomb...

First, a bit of backstory. As I've been scanning through the extracted SU Unity dialogue (Thanks again joepe!), I've noted that there are entries for the villains that essentially say things like "Atomic Skull is rampaging across the city!"

There is also a reference to threat level along with the dialogue snippet, so this got me thinking, about things that have been suggested...

Essentially, sending Villains out to help reduce the Threat Level. The idea here is that said villain will help take a bit of heat off of Lex by distracting the do-gooders with their antics!

So, what does this mean in SU ReImagined terms?

Essentially, if you assign a hired Villain to become an 'Agent of Chaos', this will help reduce the threat level by:
Tier 1: 40-60 points
Tier 2: 60-190 points
Tier 3: 80-120 points (yeah Atomic Skull is Tier 1, I just needed to see how 80-120 would look in this mockup)

With any Villain threat level modifiers applied as well. Bizarro increases threat level by 10 when employed in heists, captures, and security assignments, so that probably should be a thing here too as well...

OF COURSE, this is a 'one time' thing, afterwhich said Villain will return to the 'available for hire' pool. So this is a way to pay money to help reduce your threat level. The more you spend (higher tier) the higher the reduction.

Since it costs money to do this, this should be a bit of an 'act of desperation'. At some point, I do need to code penalties if the threat level goes too much over 500 points (a chance that the GS/MB is shut down for a few days, etc.), but that's a 'to do' list thing for now.

In any case, that's my evil idea, which will most likely be in the next update... what do y'all think?
:devilish:

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018

View attachment 2664015

First, a bit of backstory. As I've been scanning through the extracted SU Unity dialogue (Thanks again joepe!), I've noted that there are entries for the villains that essentially say things like "Atomic Skull is rampaging across the city!"

There is also a reference to threat level along with the dialogue snippet, so this got me thinking, about things that have been suggested...

Essentially, sending Villains out to help reduce the Threat Level. The idea here is that said villain will help take a bit of heat off of Lex by distracting the do-gooders with their antics!

Essentially, if you assign a hired Villain to become an 'Agent of Chaos', this will help reduce the threat level by:
Tier 3: 80-120 points (yeah Atomic Skull is Tier 1, I just needed to see how 80-120 would look in this mockup)

With any Villain threat level modifiers applied as well. Bizarro increases threat level by 10 when employed in heists, captures, and security assignments, so that probably should be a thing here too as well...

OF COURSE, this is a 'one time' thing, afterwhich said Villain will return to the 'available for hire' pool. So this is a way to pay money to help reduce your threat level. The more you spend (higher tier) the higher the reduction.

Since it costs money to do this, this should be a bit of an 'act of desperation'. At some point, I do need to code penalties if the threat level goes too much over 500 points (a chance that the GS/MB is shut down for a few days, etc.), but that's a 'to do' list thing for now.

In any case, that's my evil idea, which will most likely be in the next update... what do y'all think?
Great idea, and can be something that's mentioned the next morning on the news on the tablet.

Reactions: OhWee

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017

View attachment 2664015

I think we brought it up once before that the villains would rampage in different cities to draw the threat level away from Metropolis/Gotham

Ever think of of francising GS & MB out to New York City and other locations in the "Marvel Universe"???? (Eventually?)

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee

Kain2358

Mar 30, 2019

View attachment 2664015

This is essentially a feature that used to be in the SU Unity up until version 2.2.6 back in 05/2020. At least in concept - I am not sure about the exact numbers.
If you went to the Legion HQ, there used to be a button labeled "payout" to pick a villain (that was not yet hired, but available to be) to lower your threat level. I think it used to cost somewhere around 300k depending on villains tier.

But then GSG realized that the "payout" is a useless feature, as lowering threat had no impact on the game whatsoever. The only thing a threat level was used for was a check to make Lois available to be captured. So naturally they decided to scrap the whole thing instead of expanding on it, as that would require more work on an actual game design :rolleyes:

Reactions: OhWee and Jimwalrus

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, quick followup. I think I have this working the way I want it to...

SU_ReImagined_AtomicRampage.jpg

So, when 'nightly news checks' are made, this one is the first one on the list.

This COULD be important, as Lois Lane is a real pain, and the Rampage threat level reduction is applied before the Lois Lane checks. So if you are scrambling at the last minute to avoid your threat level exceeding 500 while Lois Lane is on the prowl, this might help...

For now, I'm trying to keep the threat reduction to a small enough level so that this isn't an 'easy fix' for the situation. If you need say a 80-120 point reduction, well that's what the Tier 3 henchmen are for! Plus there are other things you can do, which is the entire point of a threat level system, that is to keep things interesting...

Sending a henchman on a rampage won't require extra cash (you already paid them when you hired/retained them), the 'penalty' is them going off the grid for a few days. This is a bit different than what SU Unity was trying to do, I'm just trying to keep things simple! Plus, in my mind, they probably stole some stuff during their rampage to make it worth their while...

One other note. I've changed the 'available for hire' henchmen routines so that a henchman that is released after a heist/capture/rampage attempt won't return to be hired again immediately. For Heists and captures, there will be a one day delay, and right now I have a 5 day delay set for rampages, as said henchman needs to lay low for a few days before returning for work. Well, in my mind anyways.
:p

This mainly applies to the 'random selection' in each tier, so if other henchmen are in the 'available for hire' pool you'll still have options, but if you are tying to do a bunch of heists and captures back to back, well this may make upgrading the legion hideout to a higher tier so that more henchmen are available a bigger deal...

In other news, Senchest has been hammering away at transcribing the Harley cell scenes over (YAY!), and we just discussed the Harlequin Diamond Heist via DM. So hopefully we'll have more Harley content included in the next update!

Finally, I'm probably going to include some new routines for the Glamour Slam and/or Meta Bordello closing if the threat level gets too high (along the same lines as the Lois stuff). This will be a bit of a 'random chance' sort of thing, say a 1-100% chance for every point above 525 that the threat level has reached, and we can adjust this as needed later (need to playtest the idea first). I would have done this before, but I wanted to have more threat level mitigation options in place first...

As per usual, feedback is always welcome and appreciated!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a few quick notes while I'm playtesting the next update (0.27).

I updated the 0.27 changelog in the post a few posts above, here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...unity-development-thread.144779/post-10894074

The 0.27 changelog is pretty extensive at this point, so it's worth a looksee imho.

Some Harley content has been added, including the Harlequin Diamond Heist arc. Senchest is still hammering away at rest of the Harley cell scenes.

I debated going with 0.3 as the release number, as a LOT of stuff has been changed since 0.26b was released, but there's still a lot of other stuff (mainly Meta Bordello related) that needs to be completed, so in my mind 0.3 should be a 'backbone now mostly done' thing.

Not sure how far along Perniciousducks is with his work on Stargirl. Last I heard he was working on adding some spanking scenes...

You WILL need to start a new game due to all of the changes. A LOT of stuff has been tweaked/changed, and of course the point here is to playtest all of this stuff!

That's about it. Shooting for a 0.27 release some time this weekend, depending on how my personal playtesting goes...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo, I just had a disastrous weekend... in my current demo playtest that is!

The short form:

So I had Livewire on contract to capture Supergirl, while Mercy and Shade were focusing on a small cash heist...

Meanwhile, I have Cheetah on duty as Lex's bodyguard, Toyman monitoring the Security situation, and Giganta doing the security thing at the Glamour Slam...

Well, for several days in a row, the dice didn't land my way. Keep in mind that even failed attempts still increase the threat level, by less than for a successful heist but still...

So of course I'm paying the retainers to keep Livewire and Shade 'on mission', meanwhile my threat level spikes above 500... and again the dice rolls are not in my favor, the police show up and disrupt operations at the Glamour Slam, which zeroes out the income for that night.

At this point, I SHOULD have assigned someone to cause mayhem (Star Sapphire was available), but I didn't so the threat level stays above 500... I figure that the cash heist attempt (72% chance) should succeed this time...

AGAIN, the capture and heist attempts fail, and I'm out of cash, AND the police show up again...

So no income from the Glamour Slam, again... and when it comes time to pay the retainers to keep Livewire and Shade on mission, I can't afford to so the capture and heist attempts are cancelled, and they return to the unhired ranks...

To make matters worse, Toyman and Giganta's weekly retainers are due, and I'm still broke... so they return to the unhired ranks as well!

So I end up sending Star Sapphire out to do some mayhem to drop the threat level, which does drop the threat level to 476, but of course I'm now down to just one henchwoman in my 'hired' pool, since Toyman and Giganta walked and I sent Star Sapphire away to clean up my mess, and am out a LOT of money at this point.

So I think that's what's called 'engaging gameplay'! Sometimes the dice just don't go your way when you need them to...

I'm liking this whole threat level system thing that's going on. Can't wait to share the next update with y'all. I'm still fixing a few bugs as I come across them (note that I've changed a LOT of stuff under the hood since 0.26b), but one by one they are getting taken care of, and things are looking pretty good right now.

Just felt the need to share!
:p

Edit: while I'm here, remember those 'circle icons' that I added to the map in response to a suggestion? I found a second use for them!

Tala's shop is closed for upgrades at the moment, hence the red ring...

SU_ReImagined_Talashop_Closed.png

An idea that just came to me and am currently implementing!
:whistle:

Last edited:

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Great idea! I think that including heroines from other universes is something worth a look in the future, after all, base girls from DC gonna be ported.
Hmmm, . . . . I think we need OhWee to chime in on this one. As far as I know, the designation for this alternate Earth is Earth69. I don't think the guidelines for Earth69 have been set in stone. At one time, (1976), Marvel and DC combined on a crossover that had their respective heroes co-existing on the same planet. My thought is, why can't Earth69 be one of the alternate Earths where there is the crossover? It would eliminate the problem of having to teleport characters from one universe to the other.
SupermanvsSpider-Man1976.jpg

(BTW, I still have this comic, purchased at time of publication, . . . Quick plot line is that Doctor Octopus & Lex Luthor meet in prison and agree to combine forces to destroy Superman and Spiderman. Luthor kidnaps Lois Lane, (again), and MJ Watson. Supes and Spidey blame one another and Luthor irradiates Spidey's costume with red sun energy thus enabling Spiderman to be able to weaken Superman allowing him to be able to fight Superman. New York and Metropolis existed as separate cities. The fans at that time felt the concept was so off the wall that they designated this alternate Earth as Earth-$ because they figure it was done for the money.)

• Haha
Reactions: Chrisdarock19

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hmmm, . . . . I think we need OhWee to chime in on this one. As far as I know, the designation for this alternate Earth is Earth69. I don't think the guidelines for Earth69 have been set in stone. At one time, (1976), Marvel and DC combined on a crossover that had their respective heroes co-existing on the same planet. My thought is, why can't Earth69 be one of the alternate Earths where there is the crossover? It would eliminate the problem of having to teleport characters from one universe to the other.
View attachment 2668856

(BTW, I still have this comic, purchased at time of publication, . . . Quick plot line is that Doctor Octopus & Lex Luthor meet in prison and agree to combine forces to destroy Superman and Spiderman. Luthor kidnaps Lois Lane, (again), and MJ Watson. Supes and Spidey blame one another and Luthor irradiates Spidey's costume with red sun energy thus enabling Spiderman to be able to weaken Superman allowing him to be able to fight Superman. New York and Metropolis existed as separate cities. The fans at that time felt the concept was so off the wall that they designated this alternate Earth as Earth-$ because they figure it was done for the money.)
The only thing that's holding us back from crossover content is people working on crossover content (artwork/sprites, then the associated girl.rpy plus maybe a guy or two).

As long as the Heroine/Villainess/RelevantGal is cute, and is done in the 'SR7 style', I'm all for this!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Macfinn99

So, a quick followup on the 'cross dimension' thing.

Right now Cadmus and Star Labs are two locations on the map that are sorely underutilized. I debated with myself earlier tonight as I was making the red building icons for the buildings that shut down for upgrades about simply not making these locations clickable until an event activates them, and then having them go dormant again.

I'd rather build new content around these buildings, and after thinking about your post a bit, note that I stand by my statement that we need artwork and people to work on the girlpacks for said artwork first...

Well, perhaps some story could be built around pieces of tech from both Star Labs and Cadmus that are needed to activate the cross dimensional gates. The dimensional portal could actually be at one or both of these locations, and perhaps there are cute lab technicians that Lex can seduce/control...

I mean, Iris seems like someone that Lex would be suitably interested in, and Candice Patton (the gal that plays Iris in The Flash TV series) does have a pretty nice ass...

Candice_Patton_Iris_TheFlash_bikini.jpg

Just sayin, fertile ground there for an 'interdimensional portal' side plot! And it'd give players more reasons to visit Cadmus and Star Labs. Perhaps each portal links to different dimensions than the other, hence you'd need to go to Portal A to summon/lure in one set of new characters, and Portal B for a different set of new characters.

And perhaps the Cadmus one focuses more on 'dark' characters while the Star Labs portal is for more 'good-natured' characters...

It's a thought anyways. I'd love to see someone take a stab at SR7-ifying Candice using AI...
:love:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The SU ReImagined 0.27 Proof of Concept Demo has been uploaded!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Download links:
PC:

Mac:

Edit:
0.27a Patch:

Just drag the /game folder inside of the linked attachment in the link above inside of your SU_ReImagined_0.27-pc (or mac) folder, which will merge the /game folder from the .7z with the /game folder in the 0.27 pc (or mac) directory. You will be asked to overwrite a few files, yes you want to do this! This patch fixes a few typos and bugs, and included a new Management screen design, which looks like this:

I updated a few screenshots, and added a few new screenshots showing off the new screens here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...munity-development-thread.144779/post-9852530

Changelog is here (there are a LOT of changes and additions):
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...unity-development-thread.144779/post-10894074

As noted, there have been a LOT of changes made since Version 0.26, so you definitely should start a new game from scratch so that you can playtest everything!

No Android version currently, let's playtest this first so that we can track down various issues, then I may reach out to the Android port types after a 'bugfixed' 0.27a version is ready...

Also, other people are working on more content atm, mainly for Harley and Stargirl, so when that content is ready I'll either add links to the updated girlpacks or perhaps add this to the 0.27a build depending on when the new content is made available.

Thanks to Senchest for transcribing the added Harley's Quarters content!

DISCLAIMER:

This is a 'fan made' project that is not sanctioned by GS Games. Just a bunch of F95 Zone community members that wanted a Ren'Py version of SU to play around with, so that they can add new content, etc.

this is a PROOF OF CONCEPT demo, not a full game. As such, there's not a lot of 'sexy fun time' content included currently for most of the girls featured in this demo. Hopefully more such content will be made available via girlpacks and subsequent updates. Right now, the goal is to playtest the various gameplay mechanics and game backbone, and of course solicit feedback!

Feedback is always welcome and appreciated!
Enjoy!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So while waiting for the playtest reports to roll in, a couple of things I noticed that'll be fixed via a patch. They aren't critical, and shouldn't cause any errors, but nonetheless...

1) I checked for the wrong value in Talashop.rpy, so the purple suit 20% construction discount isn't applying to upgrades currently.
It's an easy fix: if Lex_focus == "Operations" should be if Lex_focus == "Construction" if you have editing skills (line 548)...

2) Minor typo on one of the upgrades (a couple of transposed letters).

3) I noticed that hitting the 'crime fighting' button while on the Assignments screen takes you back to the management screen. Will be fixed in the upcoming patch (0.27a), game will still work it's just annoying.

On that note, I'm thinking of modifying the 'clear schedule' routine so that a dialogue menu pops up to let you choose between unassigning all of the gals on the GS or MB schedule, or to assign them all to crimefighting...

4) Minor stat change to Mercy. I've always thought that she should have a 3 intelligence, 'cuz she ends up running Lexcorp at various points...

5) The Consorts screen has a bunch of 'empty' sceens if you click on the tabs. That's 'cuz I haven't built them yet. I'll probably disable them in the patch for now, still pondering ideas for those...

In any case, these are minor issues (well, the construction thing can save you some cash, which can be critical), but annoying nonetheless so they will be fixed. Looking forward to y'all's playtesting reports!

One other note. Getting working screens in Tala's Shop, Lex's Quarters and the Glamour Slam was a major milepost of mine, so now I can start fine tuning things a bit more. ATM I'm not 100% happy with the Profiles screen, plus I'd like to update it to match the newer screens a bit better, but that can keep for now. My goal for the next update is to tackle the Meta Bordello screens, once I get feedback on the Glamour Slam screen, and to pick one of the gals and add a few scenes.

My hope is that the 0.27 update will inspire more people to help with the girlpack situation. We don't need ALL of the quarters scenes at once, but it'd be nice to have a scene or two with a few of the gals with each update. If a few people chip away at this stuff, well that's a few steps closer to sexy fun time content later. So yeah, I'm personally good with baby steps and sharing the load with other people working at their own pace.

Enough rambling! Hopefully y'all enjoy this update!

Last edited:

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
talashop.rpy
Line 203 "You've unlocked a Cadmus Heist! (not yet in game)" It is in the game! Remove (not yet in game)

loislane.rpy
Line 431 lois "Whatever stupid schem you've got going, let's just get it over with!" = scheme
Line 605 lois "Really great stuff! And what+s the point again?" = what's or what is
Line 608 lex "One of the downsides of being to smart." = too
Line 611 lois "You get off on watching me in this stupid room, do ýou?!" = you
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Line 615 lex "Well, I can see you haven't figured out any more important rules, so I'll let you get back o it." = get back to it
Line 657 lex "We're also under avast amount of underground bases I bilt over the years as camouflage." = built

Further typo's in lois.rpy

Loving the way the management screens can jump to other screens like upgrading devices. This is stellar work!!

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and lostone2

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
talashop.rpy
Line 203 "You've unlocked a Cadmus Heist! (not yet in game)" It is in the game! Remove (not yet in game)

loislane.rpy
Line 431 lois "Whatever stupid schem you've got going, let's just get it over with!" = scheme
Line 605 lois "Really great stuff! And what+s the point again?" = what's or what is
Line 608 lex "One of the downsides of being to smart." = too
Line 611 lois "You get off on watching me in this stupid room, do ýou?!" = you
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Line 615 lex "Well, I can see you haven't figured out any more important rules, so I'll let you get back o it." = get back to it
Line 657 lex "We're also under avast amount of underground bases I bilt over the years as camouflage." = built

Further typo's in lois.rpy

Loving the way the management screens can jump to other screens like upgrading devices. This is stellar work!!
Thanks!

Also,
Yay typos!
:rolleyes:

I'll fix those for the 0.27a patch, and very much appreciated! And yes, the Cadmus heist is very definitely 'ingame' now! Myself, I'm usually mostly focusing on building the interface, so I tend to gloss over dialogue that myself and others have been transcribing...

Have you tried clicking on the girls in the 'Tonight's Performers' row to watch their performances individually yet? I think that's pretty cool and since now the girls will dance, then strip, then do Eroplay at the same time if their devicelevel allows...
;)

My goal with the management and other screens is to set things up so that you can do as much stuff 'in place' as is appropriate. Choice menus work just fine, but clicking through nested menus can be a pain...

I've been pondering a minor redesign of the management screen so that it works a bit more like the Villain interface (i.e. tabs at the top instead of buttons for the related screens), but that's not a priority atm. Need to get other stuff ingame first (Meta Bordello stuff, the Yacht... other stuff...).

A couple of notes of things I've already done for the patch on my end:

I've added the option that i discussed about being able to choose between 'unassign all' or 'assign all to crimefighting' when you click the 'clear schedule' button. I suspect that most people may choose crime fighting unless there's a bunch of fatigue bars that are full, as a bunch of heroines crime fighting 'en masse' is a nice way to lower the threat level.

Fixed the 'crime fighting button takes you to the Management screen' thing on the Assignments screen. You'll now 'stay' on the assignments screens as it should be. There's a weird button issue that pops up occasionally that 'disables' both the Assignments and Fighting Crime buttons may require you to go to the Profiles screen to 'fix' the glitch, I'll have to ponder that one as I'm not sure what's causing it...

I want to add the 'New girl info' window to the Talashop screen, as the one on the Glamour Slam screen is pretty cool, I just need to ponder how I want to adjust the layout...

IMHO it streamlines the dialogue a bit and makes it feel a bit more 'real', although I do need to adjust how those scenes just suddenly end in Roulette's office when Lex and Roulette were just talking on the floor beforehand.

It's nice to NOT have to go to Roulette's office each time just to note that Lex just completed some related heist... I need to finish tweaking the associated dialogues, for now I was just 'enabling' the functionality.

I also need to 'move' the 'finished working on the talismans for Vixen/Zatanna' interactions so that those automatically happen when you visit Roulette, similar to what I did with the 'completed heist' interactions. Having to click through menus just to get to these 'here's the talisman' conversations annoys me...

Anyways, lots of moving parts, but bit by bit stuff is getting done!
Feedback and suggestions are always welcome!

Last edited:
  • Love
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote