Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
I meet the UnRen at the root of! Milfy_City-0.6e-pc (where there is exe).
I run UnRen.bat and choose choice 9 (All of the above), wait for it to finish. <see capture 2>
use unren dev 0.9
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/

0.8 is not compatible with the version of renpy used in that game (or you have to edit screens.rpy ... better not :) )

After you use unren game must works before proceed ...
Now your rpy rpyc are damaged so you have to extract them again from scripts.rpa
... and option 1 and 2 are enough , why put others possible problems like developer menu rollback and so on ?

Last edited:
Reactions: v01d_08

ktemanuel

Mar 17, 2019
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/06/694928_Sin_titulo01.png
Yes, you are doing something wrong. But there are no people in this thread, who can read thoughts. Describe steps you performed, attach that rpy file, attach Log.txt file, and community will try to help you.

Same thing here, please describe the steps you performed. What you did, were there any error messages from the tool?
v01d_08 in case I got a clean version I followed the steps of the tutorial and when exporting the translations that error jumps

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Okay, I'm going to describe it step by step at the same time doing it.
I'm trying to translate! Milfy_City-0.6e-pc with renpy-7.3.5-sdk and TranslateRenPy 0.07.

I copy the whole file! Milfy_City-0.6e-pc at the root of renpy-7.3.5-sdk <see screenshot 1>

I meet the UnRen at the root of! Milfy_City-0.6e-pc (where there is exe).
I run UnRen.bat and choose choice 9 (All of the above), wait for it to finish. <see capture 2>

I delete the 4 files which start with UnRen located in \ Game \ and I launch RenPy.
I go to Generate the translation files, I put my file name which is "French", I check the box generate character strings… and I click on generate the translation files <see capture 3>

And there I have an error message <see screenshot 4>
I'm trying to launch the game and that's where I got the screens.rpy script error <see screenshot 5>

so I did not touch the screens.rpy file
I have all the latest versions of the applications
Thanks for the detailed description. I have several questions:
1) Accordint to what you wrote, looks like you did not use my Translation tool yet?
2) Please try to follow the recomendations of Tacito. Take a clean game, download the UnRen 0.9, and try using it with commands 1 (Extract RPA) and then 2 (Decompile rpyc).

Klow_ice

Sep 2, 2019
use unren dev 0.9
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/

0.8 is not compatible with the version of renpy used in that game (or you have to edit screens.rpy ... better not :) )

After you use unren game must works before proceed ...
Now your rpy rpyc are damaged so you have to extract them again from scripts.rpa
... and option 1 and 2 are enough , why put others possible problems like developer menu rollback and so on ?
Thank you very much, now it's working

but when I change the language, all the texts disappear <see screeshot 1> and no translation I have made is visible, however I did modify the translations.txt file created by TranslateRenPy and exported dialogs <see screenshot 2 / 3 / 4>

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Thank you very much, now it's working

but when I change the language, all the texts disappear <see screeshot 1> and no translation I have made is visible, however I did modify the translations.txt file created by TranslateRenPy and exported dialogs <see screenshot 2 / 3 / 4>
Did you translate the dialogues using online translator? If yes, there still can be untranslated lines. See this post for additional info.
Just follow the steps from the first post.

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/06/694928_Sin_titulo01.png
v01d_08 in case I got a clean version I followed the steps of the tutorial and when exporting the translations that error jumps
I've just downloaded the game FootOfTheMountains-V11-pc, and tried to translate that file (annbathe.rpy) into Spanish using Google. Man, everything works fine, just take the CLEAN game. Clean means you did not export dialogues there recently. Just extract it from archive after download, a new copy. And read the first post carefully, following it step by step. Also, as was mentioned before, make sure you are using UnRen v 0.9.
Try it, and let us know if you have any troubles.

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Version 0.07 fix 4 - pls redownload

Please redownload the version. I've changed text of the message, that appears after all translations were done. Nothing special, but now it is more clarifying in case when there were no errors.
Also please make sure, that you have the UnRen version 0.9, as Tacito mentioned in this post.

Reactions: ademov12

ademov12

Jan 10, 2020
Version 0.07 fix 4 - pls redownload

Please redownload the version. I've changed text of the message, that appears after all translations were done. Nothing special, but now it is more clarifying in case when there were no errors.
Also please make sure, that you have the UnRen version 0.9, as Tacito mentioned in this post.
how can i use google translate ?

Klow_ice

Sep 2, 2019
Did you translate the dialogues using online translator? If yes, there still can be untranslated lines. See this post for additional info.
Just follow the steps from the first post.

I've just downloaded the game FootOfTheMountains-V11-pc, and tried to translate that file (annbathe.rpy) into Spanish using Google. Man, everything works fine, just take the CLEAN game. Clean means you did not export dialogues there recently. Just extract it from archive after download, a new copy. And read the first post carefully, following it step by step. Also, as was mentioned before, make sure you are using UnRen v 0.9.
Try it, and let us know if you have any troubles.
Hello, No, I don't using online tranlator, I translated that some line, it is absolutely necessary to translate everything or I can change some one to make tests ?

I don't understand why the dialogs aren't translated when I change the language of the game as seen on my screens of the previous messages ???

Klow_ice

Sep 2, 2019
I just did other tests, I managed to display the text but one is not translated and two in play nothing is displayed <see screen>

I downloaded the latest version of TranslateRenPy 0.07 fix 4 ;)

I must surely forget a step

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
how can i use google translate ?
Why people are so lazy? Was it so hard to read the first post? It has all answers to your questions.

Hello, No, I don't using online tranlator, I translated that some line, it is absolutely necessary to translate everything or I can change some one to make tests ?

I don't understand why the dialogs aren't translated when I change the language of the game as seen on my screens of the previous messages ???
You must understand, that if you did not translate the dialogues, you will export EMPTY strings into the game. So that's the reason you don't see translations - you just did not do them. You exported empty strings instead of translated text.
And yes, if you generate the translations using RenPy, then you have to translate all the dialogues. Otherwise you will see the empty strings.

Klow_ice

Sep 2, 2019
Vous devez comprendre que si vous n'avez pas traduit les dialogues, vous exporterez des chaînes VIDE dans le jeu. C'est la raison pour laquelle vous ne voyez pas de traductions - vous ne les avez tout simplement pas faites. Vous avez exporté des chaînes vides au lieu du texte traduit.
And yes, if you generate the translations using RenPy, then you have to translate all the dialogues. Otherwise you will see the empty strings.
[/QUOTE]

yes i understood it now ^^ '
the problem is that when i translate text in game nothing changes :(

look at screen 3 of the previous message, no text is displayed yet I have changed this text well ;)

xelion

Apr 8, 2018
@Klow_ice
It seems that you have translated the first line with the original text.

The original text is not touched.

The translated text is put below

In those screenshots, I only see 1 line of text and translated
And the first line with the original text should appear, and just below the line of text translated into French
I put 1 capture, with the translations file, with the 2 lines (one original and the translated one)
and also capture it by exporting it to the game

PD: Sorry for my bad english.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Klow_ice

Klow_ice

Sep 2, 2019
That's it ! I get it !!
I did not understand that we had to add text under the original, I thought that I just had to translate the existing text :FacePalm:

thank you so much guys <3
v01d_08
xelion
Tacito

I would never thank you enough

it's a bit of a shame that it's not possible to translate with google translation without putting a bank card ^^'

in any case thank you very much for your software v01d_08, continue like this ;)

Klow_ice

Sep 2, 2019
Have you ever seen this problem with SummerTime Saga after use UnRen ??

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
What version of UnRen did you use? If you tried 0.8 then try 0.9. If you tried 0.9, try 0.8. And use only options 1 and 2.

This game can't be translated by a translator... At least I didn't get it.
Oh yes, I remember, looks like because this is unofficial RenPy port, it has some errors inside.

Leo...

Donor
Oct 7, 2019
Hello Klow_ice, I'll tell you what I did to translate this game with the v01d_08 tool
at least for me it worked (sorry, my english is via google translate)

1- after using UnRen, you remove it from the game folder all these RPY files mentioned in the error, if you notice in the error it shows the path to the file
2- put all these rpy files mentioned in the error in a folder of your choice
3- now do the translation that should work perfectly
you can use the game like this, only some texts on the game computer will be in English
or you can do the manual translation of the RPY that you separated in step 2
- after translating manually using some text editor (atom in my case) you put these rpy scripts back where they were in the game folder
after doing all this run the game once and it will give the error you mentioned at the beginning
- but don't be alarmed, delete the rpy you translated that cause an error, they are no longer needed.
when running the game with them in the game folder these RPY updated the rpyc that now contains their manual translation.
and ready your game should work perfectly with all the translation (this should not be the correct way but it works)
i hope i was clear, as i said before my english is by google translate.

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
Hello Klow_ice, I'll tell you what I did to translate this game with the v01d_08 tool
at least for me it worked (sorry, my english is via google translate)

1- after using UnRen, you remove it from the game folder all these RPY files mentioned in the error, if you notice in the error it shows the path to the file
2- put all these rpy files mentioned in the error in a folder of your choice
3- now do the translation that should work perfectly
you can use the game like this, only some texts on the game computer will be in English
or you can do the manual translation of the RPY that you separated in step 2
- after translating manually using some text editor (atom in my case) you put these rpy scripts back where they were in the game folder
after doing all this run the game once and it will give the error you mentioned at the beginning
- but don't be alarmed, delete the rpy you translated that cause an error, they are no longer needed.
when running the game with them in the game folder these RPY updated the rpyc that now contains their manual translation.
and ready your game should work perfectly with all the translation (this should not be the correct way but it works)
i hope i was clear, as i said before my english is by google translate.
Please, can you specify your instructions more? I moved all the RPY error files, when I use RenPy to create a language folder with a dialog pull out, it throws me an error!

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes