funguy00

Nov 8, 2020
Is the Aika brawl bugged for anyone or am I missing something? She keeps mentioning her sisters every time I go to start her brawl, defeated Seiho, Uruk and Zaleria already if that helps and when I check if there is a progression for Aika, I see that her progression was cut short due to a pledge issue of sorts?

Edit: Never mind, I am just a forgetful idiot.

Last edited:

Asparta#4

Oct 6, 2019
Am I doing things right? I played Renryuu before on my laptop but then it broke and I just started playing it again. I recall getting Dea's scene before, but I can't trigger it this time. Even though I fixed her eye, the headmaiden doesn't say anything.

Last edited:

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Steam release.png
Update news 30. November 2021

Renryuu: Ascension is now officially available on Steam!
The Steam version is the SFW version of the normal releases. There will be no extra content or earlier releases on Steam. The main purpose of the Steam version is to give people that don't like SubscribeStar an additional way to support my work. The normal NSFW version of the game will remain available for free at all times.
[A SFW into NSFW version patch is available in the SFW version sub-folder of the MEGA download link.]

In order to prepare the christmas special, and to advance the vangaurd and army features to get them ready for the future addition of the war system, the next update will be bigger than usual and therefore take a while longer.
I'm aiming for a release in mid December, with a potential second part of the christmas special in the following update around the end of December.

Look forward to it!

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Am I doing things right? I played Renryuu before on my laptop but then it broke and I just started playing it again. I recall getting Dea's scene before, but I can't trigger it this time. Even though I fixed her eye, the headmaiden doesn't say anything.
The headmaiden is necessary for the event that fixes Dea's eye, she isn't "needed" anymore for the continuation of Dea's events afterwards.
Is Dea still in the bottom area of the sleeping chambers? Did you advance the events with Mai yet?

Asparta#4

Oct 6, 2019
The headmaiden is necessary for the event that fixes Dea's eye, she isn't "needed" anymore for the continuation of Dea's events afterwards.
Is Dea still in the bottom area of the sleeping chambers? Did you advance the events with Mai yet?
Yeah Dea is in the bottom area of the sleeping chambers along with Mai and Naevy, and I unlocked all the good path scenes for Mai except for the threesome. Dea only says "I swear this time I'll protect my sister and stay at her side forever!" after I fixed her eye.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Yeah Dea is in the bottom area of the sleeping chambers along with Mai and Naevy, and I unlocked all the good path scenes for Mai except for the threesome. Dea only says "I swear this time I'll protect my sister and stay at her side forever!" after I fixed her eye.
For the next step, you need Neavy's 2nd sex scene, the 2nd public health upgrade (bathhouse build on the overview map), the Amaranthe beach unlocked, and you need to be past the choice in Grey's events to leave him as he is, or change him back.
Once you have all of this, talk with Dea in your bedroom.

Vaars

May 6, 2021
Once again, and thirty hours of Playtime Later, I'm back with a big new Batch of questions and suggestions.

Suggestions:
- If possible, I would suggest an option for instant Text Display. I'm a very fast Reader, faster than the Speed in which the Text appears, at least.
- The Order of Initiative in the Top right Corner of the Fight Screen overlaps the Display of the Attack Move Names in the Center Top, if too many are involved. Maybe limit the Maximum Number of Moves indicated in the Future, or move the Initiative Indicator slightly down?
- buying a single Ticket for every Party Member for the Ships at Havaria Port was (for me) a little unintuitive. Plus, IDK what happens since I already had all 12 Members, but if you buy Tickets when having an incomplete Party, do you get the latter ones on Board for free, or do you have to run to the Counter again and buy new Tickets? This seems either imbalanced or potentially Annoying. I would suggest changing the Requirement to just one Ticket, maybe with increased Price to balance it. Its a Ticket for unlimited Trips, so might as well also make it a Ticket for unlimited People ^^

Questions:
- Is there a Different Outcome in between pushing Zentha to produce the alchemy reward now, or wait? The Scene implies to me that there exists a "nice/not Nice" Decision. Or is it simply a "Now/Not Now" Decision, and I'm misinterpreting the Text?
- Does the Relationship to other Countries have any Effects on the Game so far? The only Case in which it mattered to me was the Vampire Quest in Dorgania.
- Related to this, is there an Overview on what Going to War with a Country potentially causes and means for the Game? Im looking forward to taking Control on all other Kingdoms, but is this really something that can be done and make a Difference at this Point. Ive impregnated the Queen of Begus, started the Dorgania Slaves Quest and put the Earl on the Throne in Amagal, but was hesitant to do anything further, because I thought going to war might lock off some things.
- How exactly does TP Deterioration between Battles Work? Its not the same between Characters, and especially those who would need them the most seem to lose them the fastest.
- Finally, I cant figure out whats the deal with the Raid/Challenge Levels in the Spire of courage everyone talks about so matter-of-factly, either in the Guide or the Forum. How do I Unlock them? Ive been through all Dungeons, including the special one with the Tiger Girl Naevys, have finished the Main Story, gathered 100+ Insignia, tried to talk to the Clerk again - what am I missing? I feel weird asking this, as it seems to be so obvious to everyone else as nobody has written it down, but - help me ^^

Once Again, Big Thumbs up for the consistently good Writing!

Asparta#4

Oct 6, 2019
Once again, and thirty hours of Playtime Later, I'm back with a big new Batch of questions and suggestions.

Suggestions:
- If possible, I would suggest an option for instant Text Display. I'm a very fast Reader, faster than the Speed in which the Text appears, at least.
- The Order of Initiative in the Top right Corner of the Fight Screen overlaps the Display of the Attack Move Names in the Center Top, if too many are involved. Maybe limit the Maximum Number of Moves indicated in the Future, or move the Initiative Indicator slightly down?
- buying a single Ticket for every Party Member for the Ships at Havaria Port was (for me) a little unintuitive. Plus, IDK what happens since I already had all 12 Members, but if you buy Tickets when having an incomplete Party, do you get the latter ones on Board for free, or do you have to run to the Counter again and buy new Tickets? This seems either imbalanced or potentially Annoying. I would suggest changing the Requirement to just one Ticket, maybe with increased Price to balance it. Its a Ticket for unlimited Trips, so might as well also make it a Ticket for unlimited People ^^

Questions:
- Is there a Different Outcome in between pushing Zentha to produce the alchemy reward now, or wait? The Scene implies to me that there exists a "nice/not Nice" Decision. Or is it simply a "Now/Not Now" Decision, and I'm misinterpreting the Text?
- Does the Relationship to other Countries have any Effects on the Game so far? The only Case in which it mattered to me was the Vampire Quest in Dorgania.
- Related to this, is there an Overview on what Going to War with a Country potentially causes and means for the Game? Im looking forward to taking Control on all other Kingdoms, but is this really something that can be done and make a Difference at this Point. Ive impregnated the Queen of Begus, started the Dorgania Slaves Quest and put the Earl on the Throne in Amagal, but was hesitant to do anything further, because I thought going to war might lock off some things.
- How exactly does TP Deterioration between Battles Work? Its not the same between Characters, and especially those who would need them the most seem to lose them the fastest.
- Finally, I cant figure out whats the deal with the Raid/Challenge Levels in the Spire of courage everyone talks about so matter-of-factly, either in the Guide or the Forum. How do I Unlock them? Ive been through all Dungeons, including the special one with the Tiger Girl Naevys, have finished the Main Story, gathered 100+ Insignia, tried to talk to the Clerk again - what am I missing? I feel weird asking this, as it seems to be so obvious to everyone else as nobody has written it down, but - help me ^^

I can help with the Raid/Challenge Levels. I don't know what the specifics are, but I assume it's from completing all the floors and then checking the board in Aldlyn

Asparta#4

Oct 6, 2019
For the next step, you need Neavy's 2nd sex scene, the 2nd public health upgrade (bathhouse build on the overview map), the Amaranthe beach unlocked, and you need to be past the choice in Grey's events to leave him as he is, or change him back.
Once you have all of this, talk with Dea in your bedroom.
Thanks it worked minus the part where I did have to talk to the shrine maiden again after the beach. I must've had a vastly different order of events this time around if I didn't even know all that stuff was required.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018

Suggestions:

Questions:

- There is an option for instant text in the cheat book in your bedroom. Sadly the option is not part of the default engine and doesn't save in save files, which means every time you re-start the game you have to activate it again. I know this isn't optimal and rather annoying, but the best option I can currently offer.
- I'll consider lowering the images, but then it might cover enemies that are in that area, so neither is really a perfect solution.
- I understand the confusion, since it's simplified in many other games. I'll change the dialog of the dock worker to point out that you need a ticket for every party member.

- The choice for Zentha is just about doing the event now or later.
- The relationship with countires has very little effect yet.
- There will be no clear list of all effects a war will have on you, since the characters obviously won't know everything beforehand, but some things will get mentioned in the dialogs before you can start a war.
- The TP at battle start are randomized by a default calculation of the rpg maker mv engine. I'm afraid I couldn't find a full explanation of the calculation to explain everything that affects it, but from my experience it just means that every character will have a small random amount of TP at the start of the battle.
There is the option to let a character in general, or with a certain equipment piece, preserve his TP between battles. Maybe I'll add something with that feature in the future.
- After meeting Hellhound in Old Ashton, you can encounter her again for a fight in the advanced floor of the Spire of Courage. Once you finished that fight, you can find a note on the Aldlyn city board which'll invite you to the challenge floor. You can get there now by using the teleport orb inside of the Spire of Courage. The three raids for fire, ice/water, and nature are in this challenge floor area.

Vaars

May 6, 2021
- There is an option for instant text in the cheat book in your bedroom. Sadly the option is not part of the default engine and doesn't save in save files, which means every time you re-start the game you have to activate it again. I know this isn't optimal and rather annoying, but the best option I can currently offer.

- After meeting Hellhound in Old Ashton, you can encounter her again for a fight in the advanced floor of the Spire of Courage. Once you finished that fight, you can find a note on the Aldlyn city board which'll invite you to the challenge floor. You can get there now by using the teleport orb inside of the Spire of Courage. The three raids for fire, ice/water, and nature are in this challenge floor area.
Thanks for all the Answers and clarifications, especially concerning the reading Speed and the challenge Floors. I would suggest rethinking the access to the Challenge floors or adding more Information - I would have never entered the Advanced Floor in the Spire again on my own Accord after beating the boss once (which was before I encountered Hellhound). I farmed my Insignia in the intermediate level, as the Fire Damage from the Ground makes the advanced one very unsuited for Farming

supernova25

Dec 21, 2017
hi guys i was just wondering is it possible to miss a scene or character or quests cuz i have a lot of character in CG Room are locked and the hint system don't help at all

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
hi guys i was just wondering is it possible to miss a scene or character or quests cuz i have a lot of character in CG Room are locked and the hint system don't help at all
Aside from mutually exclusive paths that result from obvious choices; girls and CGs should all be hard to perma-miss if I'm not mistaken. (there just tends to be multiple pre-requisites for a lot of them that aren't listed in the guide or hint system) There was an issue of being locked out of content related to a hidden hot spring but I believe that was fixed in one of the more recent updates.

As for quests and other miscellaneous things, this comment of mine from a few months ago may be slightly helpful:
So I last played a little over half a year ago and missed a couple quests despite using the walkthrough. So I ended up putting together a simple guide for later personal use for missables in pseudo-chronological order and some other things with efficiency in mind. Now I'm finally ready to restart but want to ask if maybe I still overlooked any missable quests, events, items etc. (as in cut off points or extra rewards; not mutually exclusive routes or nice vs cruel choices unless only one way leads to an extra quest) These are what I know of...

Quests:
Exploration
Angel Feather
Old Document
Millaine's Errand
The More the Merrier
Open Your Eyes
Mirel's Bow
Varea
Chiyo's Release
Clinic Request
Bathhouse Request

Events:
Encountering Lace at Broken Fort
Fight with Lace in Jade Cave
Dialogue at Army Camp with Vampire about the volcano before she reaches lv12
Fight when first meeting Magic Spirit (not sure about this one but might be unavailable if Fragment Hunt is started)

Other:
There seems to be some one-of-a-kind female looking monsters that can't be captured by spirit lantern.
-Zombie in hole outside abandoned barracks. Disapears if defeated or barracks are repaired.
-Skeleton with a bow on it's head. I forgot where it was though.

Also characters that can be recruited/imprisoned but I believe most of those were either obvious or fall under "nice vs cruel choices".

supernova25

Dec 21, 2017
Aside from mutually exclusive paths that result from obvious choices; girls and CGs should all be hard to perma-miss if I'm not mistaken. (there just tends to be multiple pre-requisites for a lot of them that aren't listed in the guide or hint system) There was an issue of being locked out of content related to a hidden hot spring but I believe that was fixed in one of the more recent updates.

As for quests and other miscellaneous things, this comment of mine from a few months ago may be slightly helpful:
hi man ty for the answers to be honest i hoped for details walkthrough like the last sovereign but the game are playable i just need to put more effort in it

Oct 6, 2018
does anyone know when this game is going to be done? cuz I just find it now and its been here since 2016 I was wondering if I should start playing it or should I wait for full release? and there is cheating. does that mean there is also NTR stuff in the game?

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
does anyone know when this game is going to be done? cuz I just find it now and its been here since 2016 I was wondering if I should start playing it or should I wait for full release? and there is cheating. does that mean there is also NTR stuff in the game?
It'll still take a few more years before the game is completely done. There is already enough content for 50+ hours of playtime, and something around 200 CG scenes, but the main story won't be done soon.
There is only one optional NTR scene in which a party member, not the main characters, may get forced to watch his love with another man. But the player has the choice, and can prevent this from happening, to get a good end for the scene instead.

Oct 6, 2018
It'll still take a few more years before the game is completely done. There is already enough content for 50+ hours of playtime, and something around 200 CG scenes, but the main story won't be done soon.
There is only one optional NTR scene in which a party member, not the main characters, may get forced to watch his love with another man. But the player has the choice, and can prevent this from happening, to get a good end for the scene instead.
thank you for the answers! Im gonna try the NTR way hehe and I'll just start now I guess

Cyber Argonaut

Mar 14, 2018
After I finished the final battle, if I go to the world map, I keep getting back to Old Lualumbo just like before the Final battle, anyone knows why?
(edit: nvm I solved it, Idk how though)

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 75 Votes