RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
I'm currently working on the draft for a future vanguard squad, which uses guns but can heal allies.
After some back and forth, and cutting some of the ideas, I got it down to 5 options for the squad leader, and turned it into a poll to see which idea you like the most:

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
During the Final Battle quest, there are a bunch of traps. The elf girl warns the party, but we still get hit by it. She only gains 2 alertness. Is this normal? My alertness before this quest is only 20. I never came across traps that she could see except in like one other place. But those traps gave 10 alertness after the party avoided the trap.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I'm currently working on the draft for a future vanguard squad, which uses guns but can heal allies.
After some back and forth, and cutting some of the ideas, I got it down to 5 options for the squad leader, and turned it into a poll to see which idea you like the most:
Bruh don't we already have like 2 squads who can heal other squads? :whistle::coffee:
I like the Cyclops girl btw, hope she'll win.
During the Final Battle quest, there are a bunch of traps. The elf girl warns the party, but we still get hit by it. She only gains 2 alertness. Is this normal? My alertness before this quest is only 20. I never came across traps that she could see except in like one other place. But those traps gave 10 alertness after the party avoided the trap.
Funny you mention traps, i usually deliberately step on all that i can find just so i can level up her alertness. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Lemme see how much alertness my elf has....

Here we go:
1.png
(Click on the pic to see full size.)
Looks like you skipped a lot of traps my dude. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Bruh don't we already have like 2 squads who can heal other squads? :whistle::coffee:

Funny you mention traps, i usually deliberately step on all that i can find just so i can level up her alertness. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Lemme see how much alertness my elf has....

Here we go:
View attachment 2017309
(Click on the pic to see full size.)
Looks like you skipped a lot of traps my dude. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
After I step on all the traps that gave 2 alertness in that building, she is at like 56. I guess those traps can only give 2 at most. There must be one other trap that gave 10 alertness that I missed or didn't get to yet I guess...?

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
After I step on all the traps that gave 2 alertness in that building, she is at like 56. I guess those traps can only give 2 at most. There must be one other trap that gave 10 alertness that I missed or didn't get to yet I guess...?
Likely in another place, they all tend to give 2 skillpoints if i remember right.
If you got all traps in one place then there is another place with more there.
Maybe in the thief guild quest, i don't remember. :giggle::coffee:

Reactions: desmosome

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Likely in another place, they all tend to give 2 skillpoints if i remember right.
If you got all traps in one place then there is another place with more there.
Maybe in the thief guild quest, i don't remember. :giggle::coffee:
Ok, so I finished the main story, but where is Ryen's "dragonic event?"

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Ok, so I finished the main story, but where is Ryen's "dragonic event?"
You need to progress with Kayelinth and her mom as well, if i remember right. :giggle::coffee:

Here's a screenshot of the quest you want:
1.png
Or maybe a stage or two earlier than that. You'll figure it out i'm sure. :giggle::coffee:

Last edited:

4y33m

Aug 26, 2020
The 3 Amagal Mages you need to defeat to recruit Chiyo is probably the most unbalance battle imo. I start over a bunch of time and every time I get to recruiting Chiyo all three mages spam that Earth magic they have and wipe my party (I know it's RNG but its quite unbalance imo). Granted, I probably got there very early (around lvl 15) every time but I think that fight need to be tweak since it's a prerequisite to recruit a playable character.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
What party do you guys use?

My main party is Ryen Mirel Elly Sandra. My Mirel is a sniper and she rivals Elly's careless barrage DPS since she is faster. They both have TP recharge and 100% crit buffs. Sandra is one of the best supports for physical parties. Ryen lacks a multihit, so he is not great at DPS. I gave him meteor strike which makes use of his high attack+magic stats, but most of his turns are doing support stuff.

I suppose druid Mirel might be better for endgame though. I don't use him, but it seems like Brad has way more attack/agi than sniper Mirel, as well as having a 4 hit attack and AOE. He lacks a self TP recharge, but that isn't a huge deal. At end game, druid party regen and TP regen will probably be better than having another physical DPS.

As for Brad, I did 50/50 str agi training on him, but in hindsight, going full Agi is the obvious choice. Agi training gives 2 points as opposed to 1 for str, so it pretty much makes no sense to do anything other than full Agi.

I tried Vampire for a bit at the beginning and even gave her some stat boost items, but she was extremely lackluster and got replaced. Trey is slow as molasses and is also pretty useless. Tsubaki is outclassed by other DPS. Mira is fine as a healbot, but Elly can also AOE heal while still having massive DPS. Ryoko is just too weird, and I have no idea how she plays in practice. Kaylenth seems like a better and more versatile tank than Trey, but "tanking" in this game is pretty much a wasted position.

Because there just isn't enough skill points to improve anything more than your main party, I didn't really experiment too much with unused characters. Too lazy to reset skills and experiment. Just make sure you learn all the good universal passives.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
i did go there i talked with all the npcs i spammed all the bottoms and nothing happened
You need this quest:

1.png

But before you can get to the hot spring you probably need to first know where it is. (As in, it must be known to Ryen in the game.)
There are npc's who hint at it's location, they are probably the triggers that unlock the hot spring.

I remember the elf in the elven village: 2.png

A soldier in Red Keep: 33.png

And there could be more npc's that talk about the hot spring, you need to find them.
Good luck~ :whistle::coffee:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Well, being so overleveled with probably all legendary stuff kinda destroys any talks about team composition.
I pretty much always roll like that, even when low level. :whistle::coffee:
But if you used that set up for initial run through the raids, what was your strategy? I guess you using Ryen as DPS? Do you just do some self buffs and then attack with claw/tail?
Ryen -> Pure physical dps, all my magic attack boosts go to the other three.
I usually don't even need to turn into a dragon, but yes i'd buff my crit at the very least if i wanted to go dragon.
And of course i'd use the other three to buff him further, not that he needs it very much aside the crit. :whistle::coffee:
He also has Meteor Strike, the aoe physical skill you get from certain someone.

Mirel -> Support/Earth dps.
Chiyo -> Ice, Water, Lightning, Fire dps/support.
Mira -> Support/light dps.

You could replace Mirel with say.. Elly if you want extra physical burst, Mirel is just my personal preference.
Well, the others are too, i guess. :giggle::coffee:

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I pretty much always roll like that, even when low level. :whistle::coffee:

Ryen -> Pure physical dps, all my magic attack boosts go to the other three.
I usually don't even need to turn into a dragon, but yes i'd buff my crit at the very least if i wanted to go dragon.
And of course i'd use the other three to buff him further, not that he needs it very much aside the crit. :whistle::coffee:
He also has Meteor Strike, the aoe physical skill you get from certain someone.

Mirel -> Support/Earth dps.
Chiyo -> Ice, Water, Lightning, Fire dps/support.
Mira -> Support/light dps.

You could replace Mirel with say.. Elly if you want extra physical burst, Mirel is just my personal preference.
Well, the others are too, i guess. :giggle::coffee:
I see, it seems like a well rounded team that covers most bases and focuses on AOE/sustain. I built my team for burst damage lol. Take 2 turns to buff/debuff and then just rip the multihits doing more than 9999.

Ryen pretty much gets saved by his stats and meteor strike imo. He's kit has no damage skill. And that's only after you finish the entire story and finally unlock his new skills. Before that, he was only good for armor breaking/roar/silence lol. I prefer the MC to be a DPS monster, but Ryen just naturally got relegated to support because he was so weak compared to true DPS chars.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
He's kit has no damage skill.
His crit chance can be beefed up to 40%+
He also has buffs that tremendously beef his physical, like corrupted body.
Combined, he can rip you a new one with just normal attacks. :p:coffee:
Also part of the reason i kept feeding him all physical attack beefing consumables i could find.

I agree that his skills are mostly support, but you can adapt him for dps anyway.
Especially once you unlock full dragon form.

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes