RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
After the recent discussion about some riddles being difficult for colorblind people, I added letters on top of switches, levers, and crystals. Hexagons also have different colors sometimes, but I think they're less of an issue.
I'd like to know if this would feel unfitting for normal players, and reduce your immersion, or if you wouldn't mind such a change? Or could the letters cause confusions, if people think they're part of the riddle?

Sadly there is no good way to make this only available for colorblind people. Creating these images as separate update files wouldn't work for the android version, and adding an option in the menu to switch between colorblind mode and normal mode would require me to change every switch, lever, and crystal that is currently in the game.

Switches.png

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Or could the letters cause confusions, if people think they're part of the riddle?
I think this one is more likely. :whistle::coffee:
Install a colorblind mode switch next to the riddle that turns all colorblind help tools on/off and let it stay off by default.
Next to this switch install an npc for example, that will tell the players what this switch is for.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
After thinking about it for a while, it's indeed better to give the player the option to turn this feature on and off. This way, the "normal" players won't get confused or bothered. And since I only need to apply this change to riddles with multiple colors, I don't really need to change every switch, lever, or crystal in the game, but only those in a few areas.

Vaars

May 6, 2021
Just got done playing through most of the Last Update:

Difficulty does not influence Rewards in Arena Battles, so there is no Point in changing to a higher Difficulty at all, besides the Challenge, right? (not that Im complaining, mind you. I think that's good)

I would look into an automatic-Turn-end-Feature if possible. This has been bugging me in the normal Vanguard Battles, but after the Turn has ended, you have to select a squad again and then manually end Turns. with only one Squad on the Field, that was really getting on my nerves, and is removing every incentive for Replaying the Arenas

When Squads are leveling up from the new Academy XP System, The Squad Numbers, not Names are mentioned in the Message. The Names would probably be better and more informative for most Players.

the Chest in the Cahllenge Battle cant be opened, if you dont have a Lockpicking Thief with you. Is that intentional? And if so, why have it there at all?

finally: I might have encountered a Bug. The cavalry Squad from bristols areana fight, second phase, just rode straight through the barrier at the chockepoint between first and second arena area and attacked me. Afterwards standing inside the Barrier, i could select and destroy it, then destroy the Barrier. So nothing gamebreaking, but I'm pretty sure Barriers arent accessible to enemy Squads either?

• Red Heart
Reactions: RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Just got done playing through most of the Last Update:

Difficulty does not influence Rewards in Arena Battles, so there is no Point in changing to a higher Difficulty at all, besides the Challenge, right? (not that Im complaining, mind you. I think that's good)

I would look into an automatic-Turn-end-Feature if possible. This has been bugging me in the normal Vanguard Battles, but after the Turn has ended, you have to select a squad again and then manually end Turns. with only one Squad on the Field, that was really getting on my nerves, and is removing every incentive for Replaying the Arenas

When Squads are leveling up from the new Academy XP System, The Squad Numbers, not Names are mentioned in the Message. The Names would probably be better and more informative for most Players.

the Chest in the Cahllenge Battle cant be opened, if you dont have a Lockpicking Thief with you. Is that intentional? And if so, why have it there at all?

finally: I might have encountered a Bug. The cavalry Squad from bristols areana fight, second phase, just rode straight through the barrier at the chockepoint between first and second arena area and attacked me. Afterwards standing inside the Barrier, i could select and destroy it, then destroy the Barrier. So nothing gamebreaking, but I'm pretty sure Barriers arent accessible to enemy Squads either?
- Correct, the difficulty does not improve the reward and only exists for a challenge.

- I'll check if an automatic turn-end once you used all APs in arena does work with all abilities and features, or if there are any situations in which it would be bad.

- Good point. The messages are still from the previous academy system. I think I can change it to show names now when someone gains exp or levels up.

- The chest was intended to be a normal chest, which only thieves can open, and appears for other squads to let the player know that a chest is there and that you can get it with a thief. However, it might indeed be a reasonable idea to make this a special chest that any squad can open.

- That is indeed a bug. The movement of the cavalry was created before I made the different (randomised) starting locations for the troops. The barricade isn't in the path of the cavalry in the default set-up. I'll fix this.

Thank you for your feedback. It's very helpful! :)

Reactions: Vaars and sakuzuda

shadowcom

Apr 15, 2020
Hello! Been enjoying game quite a lot, but can't progress any further. I crafted katryx blade, but there's no Lace in drunken cave. is there any other conditions for quest to trigger?

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Hello! Been enjoying game quite a lot, but can't progress any further. I crafted katryx blade, but there's no Lace in drunken cave. is there any other conditions for quest to trigger?
Are you sure you went to the right place in the cave? Lace is in the "house" in the lava area, not in the ice area of the dungeon.

ResanDochez

Apr 3, 2021
Hello, i found this game and i think is interesting, the combat in this game is all turn based rpg-like? or there is also combat with armys?

Reactions: sakuzuda
Jan 7, 2021
The character can make pregnant +100 women in the game.. Is not that enough?
A man who knows when enough is enough will always have enough but a man trying to impregnate every woman won't rest until they're all pregnant.

Monster girls are usually inferior beings that are not too intelligent.
They were smart enough to find a monster boy sugar daddy to give them a nicer place to live and pamper them. Asking them to join the endangered species breeding program doesn't sound too bad :sneaky:

vickze

Nov 10, 2018
A man who knows when enough is enough will always have enough but a man trying to impregnate every woman won't rest until they're all pregnant.

They were smart enough to find a monster boy sugar daddy to give them a nicer place to live and pamper them. Asking them to join the endangered species breeding program doesn't sound too bad :sneaky:
loool.

Smart. Smart... Is more like he finds them. :ROFLMAO: They are not leaving their caves/territories trying to find him.

Lexi and Mosaic tend to disagree.
2 users who like that?? I prefer repeat with some girls with great designs than search for more.

Monster Girls are randoms to me. Minus some of these exceptions that can be pregnant since the begin.. Like Hellhound for example

never is enough! :D
I am more from if I like one girl want to see more scenes with her.

• Haha
Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs
4.10 star(s) 75 Votes