Kruggov

Jun 8, 2020
Can someone remind me where is the vanguard battle tutorial?

I remember seeing it somewhere, and I forgot the chart of which weapon is effective against which, so I wanted to review it, but I can't find it anywhere.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Can someone remind me where is the vanguard battle tutorial?

I remember seeing it somewhere, and I forgot the chart of which weapon is effective against which, so I wanted to review it, but I can't find it anywhere.
Country overview/military map
The "?" Bubble in between the next turn and Squad overview icons.
Though once you have Level 10 Squads I haven't been in a situation where that really mattered.

Reactions: Kruggov

Kruggov

Jun 8, 2020
Country overview/military map
The "?" Bubble in between the next turn and Squad overview icons.
Though once you have Level 10 Squads I haven't been in a situation where that really mattered.
Thank you. I remembered the chart being a FE Fates like double triangle, and looks like I remembered correctly.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Update 22.10.13.png
Update 22.10.13
- New quest "Bee Infestation" available via the Aldlyn city board after you had the Thremten festival events and the events with the Dark Sorceress to know about the dangerous forest near Thremten.
After this quest, you can advance the events with the bee girls to get their CG scenes.
- New quest "Vegetables Request" on the Aldlyn city board. Requires Sandra to be in your party. This quest brings you to the swamp south of Bitterroot Farm, to ensure that you find the chest for Sandra's events.
- New option in the dialog with Lady Akira in the bathouse to change your choice about Grey's transformation if you picked to return him to his male shape earlier.
- A new sparkling event in the tent where the game starts allows you to toggle the "colorblind mode" on and off now. This mode adds white letters on top of colored switches, levers, and crystals in areas where the color is important for riddles, so that colorblind people can solve them as well.
(This mode doesn't change anything for objects where the color isn't important for a riddle. If you notice a riddle I forgot to upgrade with this mode, please let me know.)
- You can now recruit Della as vanguard leader for a gun squad. The events start with a dialog with Cassedy in your sleeping chambers, after which you get the quest "The First Gun Squad."
During this event, Della will be marked as "not recruited yet" if you used the cheat book to activate her earlier, but she will keep her level, skills and stats when you recruit her again.
- The CGs for Mary's scene, Ryoko's scene in the clinic, and Sandra's first scene in the underground have been re-made to improve the art.
All new and old CGs can be seen in the CG room.
- The option to send the 4 slaves Grime, Miyako, Chieko and Glyntris to another country, or to set them free, when you buy them, was removed. If you picked either of those two options in the past, you can find the four girls in different places to fix your choice for them.
Grime - Thremten, top right corner.
Miyako - Havaria Port, below the dock to Amaranthe.
Chieko - Bottom of Witton, near the empty tent.
Glyntris - Parverhill, top left corner.
The dialog for this event is very short, since it's more a "fix" than new content.
- New character sprites for Arevis, Baemeth, big spidergirls, jiangshis, and the imps.

Overview map and vanguard battles:
- The placeholder character sprite for Della and her vanguard squad were changed to the proper images.
- The messages for exp. gained and level ups for the academy now shows the name of the squad leader instead of the squad number.
- The loot chest in the arena for vanguard squads is now special and can be opened by every squad. The lockpick ability is not needed for this chest.
- In the arena battles, your turn now automatically ends when your AP are at 0 after an attack or movement.
- In the arena battles, the blue movement tiles now automatically appear for the active squad at the start of a turn.
- The "Turn X" message which appears at the start of turns in vanguard battles now automatically disappears after 1/4 sec.
- A bug was fixed, which caused enemy squads not to attack flying squads when they were above unpassable terrain.
- I made a new bonus battle map for the vanguards, primarily as a test for several new types of enemies:
Dark Orcs = Use swords
Brown Orcs = Use axes
Iron Golem = Boss enemy using a lance, with high DEF
Snakes = Bonus damage against mages (="Dagger" attack type)
Skeletons = Use bows
Ghost lights = Use magic attacks
Ghosts = Use magic attacks (Like a "heavy" type = high DEF, low M.DEF)
Hornets = Monster damage type (bonus damage against gun users)
Wolves = Monster damage type (Moves during the opponents turn like cavalry troops)
Jellyfish = Monster damage type

Downloads:

MEGA:
Hi-Drive:

Kruggov

Jun 8, 2020
- The option to send the 4 slaves Grime, Miyako, Chieko and Glyntris to another country, or to set them free, when you buy them, was removed. If you picked either of those two options in the past, you can find the four girls in different places to fix your choice for them.
Does this mean the options left are "send to castle", "send to dungeon" and "send to brothel"?

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
I'm playing this game for the first time and I'm confused about taxes.
When I look at policy/finance/laws screen it says something like "taxes: 10000" so I assumed it was gold per turn. But almost every time I come back from exploring and talk to David, he gives me like several hundred thousand gold? I've barely started the game and I'm sitting at 400k + gold not sure what to do with all that since all the prices seem to be very low and whether something broke.

It feels especially confusing since David accumulates gold passively while building new stuff seems to ignore everything apart from actually pressing "end turn". And I'm not sure where new money in money chest to the left of the throne is coming from either.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I'm playing this game for the first time and I'm confused about taxes.
When I look at policy/finance/laws screen it says something like "taxes: 10000" so I assumed it was gold per turn. But almost every time I come back from exploring and talk to David, he gives me like several hundred thousand gold? I've barely started the game and I'm sitting at 400k + gold not sure what to do with all that since all the prices seem to be very low and whether something broke.

It feels especially confusing since David accumulates gold passively while building new stuff seems to ignore everything apart from actually pressing "end turn". And I'm not sure where new money in money chest to the left of the throne is coming from either.
taxes have a realworld timer and accumulate to 256K at max from what I saw... prices will increase steeply further down the line when you need to pay 500K for certain quests(Items). The kingdom overview turns are only used for Events (like Caravan and special Bandits) and building

Reactions: Sinistrem

fetishgirl

Jan 13, 2019
I hope he won't be caving-in to any more silly demands, otherwise any consequences due ones own choices will start to feel like a complete joke. :whistle::coffee:
I know you get frustrated by everyone asking for saves but I wanted to thank you for your older post where you dropped a save so thanks for that I lost mine when my old computer got ruined by a virus over 2 months ago. It also helps give an idea of what to do for team building.
So a big thank you from me so much appreciated. :D (y)

Reactions: sakuzuda

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I know you get frustrated by everyone asking for saves but I wanted to thank you for your older post where you dropped a save so thanks for that I lost mine when my old computer got ruined by a virus over 2 months ago. It also helps give an idea of what to do for team building.
So a big thank you from me so much appreciated. :D (y)
You welcome, it's fine if the reason you want a save is legit like this. :whistle::coffee:

taxes have a realworld timer and accumulate to 256K at max from what I saw
More likely they accumulate based on the number of steps. Probably something like "every 10 steps get X gold added to the tax collector's stash." I wish there was no hard limit on taxes though, it's a bit annoying having to constantly check the tax guy.
Also you can collect extra money from the mines, those don't count towards tax limit and have their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: fetishgirl

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
More likely they accumulate based on the number of steps. Probably something like "every 10 steps get X gold added to the tax collector's stash." I wish there was no hard limit on taxes though, it's a bit annoying having to constantly check the tax guy.
Also you can collect extra money from the mines, those don't count towards tax limit and have their own.
No it's based on a timer... I minimized the game for several hours and after retrieving my taxes it was 256K... though another time I waited half the time and still received 256K, which is why I pressume that's the threshold

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

pcnop

Jun 26, 2018
View attachment 2098535
Update 22.10.13
- New quest "Bee Infestation" available via the Aldlyn city board after you had the Thremten festival events and the events with the Dark Sorceress to know about the dangerous forest near Thremten.
After this quest, you can advance the events with the bee girls to get their CG scenes.
- New quest "Vegetables Request" on the Aldlyn city board. Requires Sandra to be in your party. This quest brings you to the swamp south of Bitterroot Farm, to ensure that you find the chest for Sandra's events.
- New option in the dialog with Lady Akira in the bathouse to change your choice about Grey's transformation if you picked to return him to his male shape earlier.
- A new sparkling event in the tent where the game starts allows you to toggle the "colorblind mode" on and off now. This mode adds white letters on top of colored switches, levers, and crystals in areas where the color is important for riddles, so that colorblind people can solve them as well.
(This mode doesn't change anything for objects where the color isn't important for a riddle. If you notice a riddle I forgot to upgrade with this mode, please let me know.)
- You can now recruit Della as vanguard leader for a gun squad. The events start with a dialog with Cassedy in your sleeping chambers, after which you get the quest "The First Gun Squad."
During this event, Della will be marked as "not recruited yet" if you used the cheat book to activate her earlier, but she will keep her level, skills and stats when you recruit her again.
- The CGs for Mary's scene, Ryoko's scene in the clinic, and Sandra's first scene in the underground have been re-made to improve the art.
All new and old CGs can be seen in the CG room.
Grime - Thremten, top right corner.
Miyako - Havaria Port, below the dock to Amaranthe.
Chieko - Bottom of Witton, near the empty tent.
Glyntris - Parverhill, top left corner.
The dialog for this event is very short, since it's more a "fix" than new content.
- New character sprites for Arevis, Baemeth, big spidergirls, jiangshis, and the imps.

Overview map and vanguard battles:
- The placeholder character sprite for Della and her vanguard squad were changed to the proper images.
- The messages for exp. gained and level ups for the academy now shows the name of the squad leader instead of the squad number.
- The loot chest in the arena for vanguard squads is now special and can be opened by every squad. The lockpick ability is not needed for this chest.
- In the arena battles, your turn now automatically ends when your AP are at 0 after an attack or movement.
- In the arena battles, the blue movement tiles now automatically appear for the active squad at the start of a turn.
- The "Turn X" message which appears at the start of turns in vanguard battles now automatically disappears after 1/4 sec.
- A bug was fixed, which caused enemy squads not to attack flying squads when they were above unpassable terrain.
- I made a new bonus battle map for the vanguards, primarily as a test for several new types of enemies:
Dark Orcs = Use swords
Brown Orcs = Use axes
Iron Golem = Boss enemy using a lance, with high DEF
Snakes = Bonus damage against mages (="Dagger" attack type)
Skeletons = Use bows
Ghost lights = Use magic attacks
Ghosts = Use magic attacks (Like a "heavy" type = high DEF, low M.DEF)
Hornets = Monster damage type (bonus damage against gun users)
Wolves = Monster damage type (Moves during the opponents turn like cavalry troops)
Jellyfish = Monster damage type

Downloads:
MEGA:
Hi-Drive:
Thanks for this new version :) .

It seems there is a minor bug concerning the armor for Della when she is a vanguard leader.

I can't equip her with a Good Light Armor: everything seems fine (i.e. I got the message "The squad is now using Good Light Armor"), but in fact she is not equipped with it (i.e. if I try again, she is still wearing a Plain Light Armor) and the number of available Good Light Armor is not decreased.

BTW, there is also a minor typo in the vanguard forces screen: "This slot for a vnaguard squad leader isn't used yet!"

*** Edit ***
It's working correctly with the medium armors (when Della gets the possibility to use them).

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Nah shes not at either of those places and the walkthrough ends at Minsk Harber but the quest is still on.
Whats the last thing she said?
I am not suer wether Ryan convinces her to get back home (where you can meet her in the throne room) or to convince her family to allow her to stay over in Central, in which case she should be around the castle in Aldlyn.
Honestly I don't quiet remember where she goes but she must have given you a hint... maybe you need to have a talk with the King of Dorgania first talking about different aspects of each others rule... maybe you need to have solved the slave issue with the prince aswell and maybe you even need to have hunted the deserters for the Queen, as all those Characters are important from that point onwards.

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
My biggest piece of advice for the devs would be to work on the quest journal more, moving fowards. Its been the weakest point I've encountered so far, and I advise new players to jot down notes of whatever they're told in game. Even the main quest has been stuck awhile in my game and was completely devoid of quest journal entry because I forgot I had been told to revist the cave in Begus, for instance. This happens with a lot of side quests too; you get a clue to do something, but no quest journal entry. After awhile, in a game this size, you end up randomly blundering into the content but having to revisit everything to find out what you were supposed to do next isnt ideal.

Optimally, each time you get a clue about anything, you should be able to reference the quest journal. Right now I estimate that this happens maybe half the time.

Reactions: errte13
4.10 star(s) 75 Votes