♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
My only problem with this game is inconsistent art. If the art of all the CG of this game is like the art where Ryen kisses Chio then this game is a 10/10 for me. If it's from different artist, as long as it is consistent it's fine for me (9.8/10), but right now the art is really inconsistent and it causes immersion issues for me. Right now this game is 8.5/10.
Consistency is difficult because artists can be difficult, but he's trying the best he can. :giggle::coffee:

Reactions: gervid

gervid

Apr 26, 2020
My only problem with this game is inconsistent art. If the art of all the CG of this game is like the art where Ryen kisses Chio then this game is a 10/10 for me. If it's from different artist, as long as it is consistent it's fine for me (9.8/10), but right now the art is really inconsistent and it causes immersion issues for me. Right now this game is 8.5/10.
Personally, I like the difference in art style, although some are need complete rework :unsure:
Why different artist? Because not every artist can draw specific style for a specific "scene" / "genre".

What I prefer is, for example, one artist is responsible for characters in Orchel (Elf Village in Dorgania), including their perverted kinks translated into CGs.

Although, consistency with art style throughout the game is indeed a good thing.

weavo

Oct 19, 2022
I was wondering how to finish the black towers in central, and what I need to find eins in order to finish the black twin towers?

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
I was wondering how to finish the black towers in central, and what I need to find eins in order to finish the black twin towers?
Have you started the construction in the contry overview map? If yes then just go to Havaria Port

weavo

Oct 19, 2022
Sorry my bad, should've mentioned that I'd already got to that part, just struggling to find whereabout's Zewi's brother was in Whitestone Citadel, I might have to get further in the story for that?

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Sorry my bad, should've mentioned that I'd already got to that part, just struggling to find whereabout's Zewi's brother was in Whitestone Citadel, I might have to get further in the story for that?
He's in the store in the top right corner, not in the big main building.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Any idea when is the next update coming?
The update turned out to be more complex and time consuming than I expected when I started it. I'm going to post a test version on discord soon, so that people can give me feedback on the new overview map system changes while I work on the last pieces. I'll go back to the usual content and update schedule once this system change is finished.

Overview map preview 23.03.21.png

Overview map update progress:
The main idea behind the following changes is to give the player a more active role in the country development, and to give you a reason to come back every one in a while.
Variables like your reputation, but also the "Safety" or "Freedom" of your citizens are slowly decreasing when you do nothing against it, but they can be improved on the overview map.
Reputation is planned to allow Ryen (and maybe other party members) the use of new, powerful battle skill(s), but only while it's very high.

What is done:
- The country overview map now has a real-time based system, instead of a turn system. This means all productions and constructions happens in real time while the game is running.
- The player has to actively gather resources that were produced once the production is done in this map.
- All timers run even while you're not on the map. Which means you can start a bunch of slow production, leave the map, and come back later once they're done.
- When you gather a produced resource, it'll show what you got with a picture that fades away, rather than a text message. You can move while the image is shown. This is intended to increase the pace of the system, otherwise it would be too many text windows that stop the player constantly.
- The overview map doesn't use your gold anymore, but has it's own "Budget" system. You need a certain amount of available budget for construction projects. Budget is automatically generated over taxes, which the player can collect every few minutes, or by one of the new constructions.
- Several new resources and buildings were added.
- All resource producing buildings have the option to show the recipes for their type of resources.
- You can only have a limited amount of construction at the same time. Building the new "construction guild" will increase your amount of construction teams.
- The values for things like "Safety" or "Happiness" of your country were changed. Buildings like watchtowers create such "Safety" over time, and the player has to gather it like a finished product.
- The construction costs for all buildings on the overview map were changed, to fit to the new resources and the production speed.
- It's not necessary to repair Bitterroot Farm to produce resources there anymore. Instead, the production is just slower until you had the events to repair the farm.
- A storage screen shows you all the resources you have. You have a maximum limit for all resources together, but also an individual limit, to prevent people from spam producing everything without thinking about what they really need right now. You can throw away resources on this screen.
- The costs to recruit new vanguard leaders has been adjusted to the new system.
- The costs of the fortification upgrades in the command center screen were adjusted to the new system.
- You get budget instead of supplies now as a possible reward for bonus battles.
- Bonus battles now don't appear randomly anymore, but have a cooldown timer. The timer can be reduced with a research.
- The laboratory and university now have separated research screens.
The screen of the lab of the overview map and the general research when you go into the lab in character aren't connected by a "switch" button anymore.
- The user interface shows you in the top left corner if constructions, training, researches, and requests are available, working, or done. It also shows the storage limit, your budget amount, and your reputation.
- You don't get gold from mines and taxes anymore. The taxes are now generating "Budget" instead.
- Variables like reputation or "Safety" currently decrease every ~2,5 mins by a random value from 1 to 4.
- The crafting for vangaurd equipment in the armory, and the trading caravan in front of Aldlyn were removed from the country overview map. They'll be replaced by the new trading screen, once it's done.
- Intelligence service upgrade removed from Witton.
- Horses were removed as a resource on the overview map.
- Val's event which gave you +20 Recruits was removed.
- Fire events were removed, but might return in a different way.
[Some buildings on the overview map need to be constructed again, even if you unlocked them earlier in your save, since the trigger which saves what building is done was changed in some cases.]

What is not done yet:
- Change to the "Finances, Laws, and Policies" screen to adjust it to the new country system.
- The trading screen, which you can access near Havaria Port.
On this screen, you'll get offers to sell or buy resources with your country budget, some from other countries (which'll improve the relationship with them).
You'll also be able to send soldiers on exploration missions from this screen, and exchange your personal gold into country budget.
(1 million gold = 1 Budget? Or 100,000 gold? Maybe with a cooldown.)
- A "Request" system which gives you a few randomized requests for resources. These requests can be very complex, and increase the reputation value.
- The reputation related skill(s) for your party.

Last edited:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
The player has to actively gather resources that were produced once the production is done in this map.
Budget is automatically generated over taxes, which the player can collect every few minutes, or by one of the new constructions.
The values for things like "Safety" or "Happiness" of your country were changed. Buildings like watchtowers create such "Safety" over time, and the player has to gather it like a finished product.
Not sure about this, could become annoying.
Just like how constantly having to collect gold from the tax guy in the castle because it quickly hit the 264k limit was royally annoying.
Except these, the rest looks like generally good changes, you removed a bunch of useless clutter like the intelligence service which should probably be reworked. There's that newspaper thing too, which is just as useless as intel service was. :whistle::coffee:

You'll also be able to send soldiers on exploration missions from this screen, and exchange your personal gold into country budget.
Since you cutoff our gold income from taxes we can't pull gold out of our ass anymore, therefore this point needs a good consideration. Perhaps you could turn that trader guy standing in front of our castle into something that will generate actual gold now?

I had a feeling you were up to something since there was no update for a while, turns out my hunch was right. :giggle::coffee:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Maybe create some kinda 'transportation guild' that will be doing all this annoying manual gathering work in exchange for... something? Maybe gold or a portion of the budget. :whistle::coffee:

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
take your time on the game man don't rush it. if people really do like and care for the game they can wait for it an not rush prafection.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
There's that newspaper thing too, which is just as useless as intel service was.
The newspaper now generates "Freedom" for the country. (A "propaganda" research to turn make it generate "Obedience" instead of "Freedom" would've been a funny idea, but I guess that's an idea to consider for later. I'm not going to change everything again, before it's even finished. XD)

Since you cutoff our gold income from taxes we can't pull gold out of our ass anymore, therefore this point needs a good consideration.
While adding it to the game, I also came to the conclusion that it's too expensive. I wanted the "Budget" to look like it's a million gold, so that the costs for all the buildings and projects on the overview map feel like it's expensive stuff that only a country can afford, not a person. But then spending your own gold to increase the Budget would be way too expensive, especially with the gold income from the mines and taxes gone. I think I'll start with 50,000 gold per Budget point and see what the feedback of the players says. Since it's not necessary to use gold to get Budget, and it's only an option to speed up things when you have enough gold, I think it's fine this way.

Maybe create some kinda 'transportation guild' that will be doing all this annoying manual gathering work in exchange for... something? Maybe gold or a portion of the budget. :whistle::coffee:
That would ruin the point of why it was even changed in such a way. :D But you don't have to constantly produce everything. The storage is limited to stop people from just spamming all productions, but that you only store some of the stuff that is used often, and then produce the things you want once they're needed. At least that is the idea, lets see what the players do with it. :D
Also, the entire system is still optional. People that don't like it, and don't want to return to it once everything is build, don't have to. While the new skills and their system based on reputation are supposed to give the player a reason and motivation to go back, you're not forced to it.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
At least that is the idea, lets see what the players do with it.
I mean, you could just go ahead and create proper economy then if you are going this far with this whole jam anyway.
For example how about automatic selling of the excess stuff the country produces?
Through that new trading thing you have setup in the harbor.
Then we won't be wasting that excess for no reason just because the storage can't fit it all. :whistle::coffee:

Oh well, i guess it won't be ideal no matter what you do.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
How can you get the special rune in lielles' breaking the ancient demon seal quest, I keep checking the item and accessory shop in Kagabangui but nothing shows up on the list.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
How can you get the special rune in lielles' breaking the ancient demon seal quest, I keep checking the item and accessory shop in Kagabangui but nothing shows up on the list.
It's not shown in your inventory. You should get a dialog about it when you talk with the shopkeeper while you have this quest, but the dialog doesn't appear again once you bought it. The first step of the quest in the quest log should be in green once you purchased the rune. You need this, and the 3x Blue Slimegirl Essence and 3x Blue Flower Crystal, to make Lielle's dialog change and the quest advances further.

Skelletonike

Feb 9, 2019
Noticed the game was part on sale on steam and bought it to play on the steam deck. I'll probably start it from scratch for the third or fourth time. Welp.
Would be nice if the steam version had cards or achievements, but I guess those will be added after a full release.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
The update turned out to be more complex and time consuming than I expected when I started it. I'm going to post a test version on discord soon, so that people can give me feedback on the new overview map system changes while I work on the last pieces. I'll go back to the usual content and update schedule once this system change is finished.

View attachment 2484217

Overview map update progress:
The main idea behind the following changes is to give the player a more active role in the country development, and to give you a reason to come back every one in a while.
Variables like your reputation, but also the "Safety" or "Freedom" of your citizens are slowly decreasing when you do nothing against it, but they can be improved on the overview map.
Reputation is planned to allow Ryen (and maybe other party members) the use of new, powerful battle skill(s), but only while it's very high.

What is done:
- The country overview map now has a real-time based system, instead of a turn system. This means all productions and constructions happens in real time while the game is running.
- The player has to actively gather resources that were produced once the production is done in this map.
- All timers run even while you're not on the map. Which means you can start a bunch of slow production, leave the map, and come back later once they're done.
- When you gather a produced resource, it'll show what you got with a picture that fades away, rather than a text message. You can move while the image is shown. This is intended to increase the pace of the system, otherwise it would be too many text windows that stop the player constantly.
- The overview map doesn't use your gold anymore, but has it's own "Budget" system. You need a certain amount of available budget for construction projects. Budget is automatically generated over taxes, which the player can collect every few minutes, or by one of the new constructions.
- Several new resources and buildings were added.
- All resource producing buildings have the option to show the recipes for their type of resources.
- You can only have a limited amount of construction at the same time. Building the new "construction guild" will increase your amount of construction teams.
- The values for things like "Safety" or "Happiness" of your country were changed. Buildings like watchtowers create such "Safety" over time, and the player has to gather it like a finished product.
- The construction costs for all buildings on the overview map were changed, to fit to the new resources and the production speed.
- It's not necessary to repair Bitterroot Farm to produce resources there anymore. Instead, the production is just slower until you had the events to repair the farm.
- A storage screen shows you all the resources you have. You have a maximum limit for all resources together, but also an individual limit, to prevent people from spam producing everything without thinking about what they really need right now. You can throw away resources on this screen.
- The costs to recruit new vanguard leaders has been adjusted to the new system.
- The costs of the fortification upgrades in the command center screen were adjusted to the new system.
- You get budget instead of supplies now as a possible reward for bonus battles.
- Bonus battles now don't appear randomly anymore, but have a cooldown timer. The timer can be reduced with a research.
- The laboratory and university now have separated research screens.
The screen of the lab of the overview map and the general research when you go into the lab in character aren't connected by a "switch" button anymore.
- The user interface shows you in the top left corner if constructions, training, researches, and requests are available, working, or done. It also shows the storage limit, your budget amount, and your reputation.
- You don't get gold from mines and taxes anymore. The taxes are now generating "Budget" instead.
- Variables like reputation or "Safety" currently decrease every ~2,5 mins by a random value from 1 to 4.
- The crafting for vangaurd equipment in the armory, and the trading caravan in front of Aldlyn were removed from the country overview map. They'll be replaced by the new trading screen, once it's done.
- Intelligence service upgrade removed from Witton.
- Horses were removed as a resource on the overview map.
- Val's event which gave you +20 Recruits was removed.
- Fire events were removed, but might return in a different way.
[Some buildings on the overview map need to be constructed again, even if you unlocked them earlier in your save, since the trigger which saves what building is done was changed in some cases.]

What is not done yet:
- Change to the "Finances, Laws, and Policies" screen to adjust it to the new country system.
- The trading screen, which you can access near Havaria Port.
On this screen, you'll get offers to sell or buy resources with your country budget, some from other countries (which'll improve the relationship with them).
- A "Request" system which gives you a few randomized requests for resources. These requests can be very complex, and increase the reputation value.
- The reputation related skill(s) for your party.
Will we be able to open this system form anywhere? Because that should be mandatory for if it it is real-time and requires so much manual collecting imo.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Would be nice if the steam version had cards or achievements, but I guess those will be added after a full release.
Steam achievements already exist. Cards are an option for later, but it's not a high priority for me. Since the cards for Steam use different image sizes than what I have ready at the moment, it'd take a while to prepare everything needed for it.

Will we be able to open this system form anywhere? Because that should be mandatory for if it it is real-time and requires so much manual collecting imo.
In the current system, you enter the overview map the same way as before, by talking to Sir Edward, Lind, or Jessy. While using an item to govern your country from far away is a bit unrealistic, I think you got a point, and such an item would make the map more comfortable to use for the players. I'm considering to add it as a "country managment map" key item or similar.

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes