JackTHERabbit

Jul 7, 2018
- The four numbers on the left are the code you have to figure out.
- Each number can only exist once, so 01 02 02 03 can never be the correct code, but 01 02 03 04 could work.
- The colors on the right show you how close you are to the correct combination:
- Blue: The number is correct and in the correct location
- Yellow: The number is correct but in one of the other three locations
- Red: The number isn't correct in any location
I think the riddle is bugged. 7 is shown as correct but not in the right spot and 2, 0, 9 aren't correct in any location. 1701636457469.png

In other combination, 7 isn't correct in any spot, 2 is correct now and 9 is correct but not in this spot.
1701636605103.png

Am I reading it wrong or is it bugged? Can you check please?

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
I think the riddle is bugged. 7 is shown as correct but not in the right spot and 2, 0, 9 aren't correct in any location. View attachment 3139870

In other combination, 7 isn't correct in any spot, 2 is correct now and 9 is correct but not in this spot.
View attachment 3139878

Am I reading it wrong or is it bugged? Can you check please?
The combination changes everytime you re-enter or reset the riddle. You have a different combination in the second screenshot.
To clarify, the red button resets the riddle and the combination. After making the first attempt, you have to try again in the second row, in which the blue button moves, to continue. And you keep doing that until you have the right combination. If you run out of rows before getting it right, you have to reset and try again from the start with a new code.

Last edited:

HazelRink

Jan 15, 2020
The combination changes everytime you re-enter or reset the riddle. You have a different combination in the second screenshot.
To clarify, the red button resets the riddle and the combination. After making the first attempt, you have to try again in the second row, in which the blue button moves, to continue. And you keep doing that until you have the right combination. If you run out of rows before getting it right, you have to reset and try again from the start with a new code.
Wait, I think I now understand how to solve this problem.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Is this good enough to explain the mini-game from Kurohime's recent events, or did I explain it too complicated?
Kurohimes mastermind minigame.png

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
I think it's too much, in the sense that it's an RPG and you're supposed to struggle a bit before getting it right. I don't think the game should be played with the walkthrough open on a second monitor but that's just me.
It's supposed to be the solution for people that have already struggled, not as an hint while someone tries to solve it. The hint is given by Kurohime when you use the red button to reset the riddle, but not everyone can figure out how it works, so it felt necessary to make a solution of how the riddle works for the wiki/walkthrough.

JackTHERabbit

Jul 7, 2018
Thanks for explanation. I thought that I have to get 5 different codes to progress the story, I didn't even think that it changes everytime I reset this. I was so frustrated trying to figure out the first code and the answer was so simple... I feel so ashamed now :D

Reactions: RyenSaotome

HazelRink

Jan 15, 2020
Thanks for explanation. I thought that I have to get 5 different codes to progress the story, I didn't even think that it changes everytime I reset this. I was so frustrated trying to figure out the first code and the answer was so simple... I feel so ashamed now :D
This is also my initial thoughts on how to progress with the riddle, I never thought that you only need one code to open the chest and the rows represents the number of chance you need to figure out the code before the reset.

It's supposed to be the solution for people that have already struggled, not as an hint while someone tries to solve it. The hint is given by Kurohime when you use the red button to reset the riddle, but not everyone can figure out how it works, so it felt necessary to make a solution of how the riddle works for the wiki/walkthrough.
Thanks for the hints, never thought that I understand this riddle incorrectly.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
The next update will include some remakes for full body CGs of side characters. One of them is Lace, who receives the thrid version of her full body image by now. Since she was one of the first side characters to get CG images, her style and details experienced quite the journey. The new version catpures her "strong warrior" trait better in my eyes, but as always, it'll probably be a matter of personal taste who likes or hates the changes. :D
The new full body CGs will also include versions with her casual clothes on her good route.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EternalOne

Dec 27, 2018
For the number riddle. Blue means the correct number is in the right spot. Yellow means correct number in the wrong spot. Red means wrong number and not used in any of the 4 spots.

fgh24

Feb 8, 2019
can someone fix the lagging issues the one with the the flames that you move i there are two areas i know of that are very laggy one for avoiding the guards in the church and the other in the dungeon with the moveable flames in the dungeon with spikes with those switches

Last edited:

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
i need 23.11.16 update files if anyone got backups

EDIT: forgot to check for new updates due to completing another game
The official MEGA folder link has the downloads for all versions, and also a sub-folder for the "old update files".
You can find it here:
If you miss too many updates at some point, it's also possible to re-download the full game version, and then copy&paste the entire content of the www/save folder from the old to the new game version to continue your progress.

Jackstarzz2

May 14, 2023
The official MEGA folder link has the downloads for all versions, and also a sub-folder for the "old update files".
You can find it here: Mega
If you miss too many updates at some point, it's also possible to re-download the full game version, and then copy&paste the entire content of the www/save folder from the old to the new game version to continue your progress.
thanks this is legit helpful i didnt even know that :D

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
my window quest was hide
i cant see it anymore
:(
Updated to the newest version, if haven't already, and then enter and leave the CG room.
The quest window is hidden when you enter the CG room, but a previous version was bugged and didn't show it again afterwards.

Reactions: Leo-67

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Update 23.12.16.png
Update 23.12.16 changes:

When you go to sleep in your bed in the castle, a message will appear and ask you if you want to enter the 2023 Christmas special dream area. The area shows some dream events of the 12 party members, which give them permanent buffs, and you get tokens for the Christmas slot machine.
Be warned. Since the area shows dreams, not everything in it might make sense.
When you leave the area after finishing all 12 events, you'll receive a Riddle Key as bonus reward.

A new event starts when you talk with Lind in the meeting room on the right side of the sleeping chambers in the castle of Aldlyn. It requires her previous CG scenes, and that the marriage system is unlocked to the point where you can pick a wife. It prepares her future wedding by advancing her relationship with Ryen, but the wedding itself isn't part of this update.

In the test version for the war system (which you access via the sparkling book in Ryen's bedroom), you can now fight the battles for Norhall Stronghold, Whitestone Citadel, and Calterburry, after capturing Meddling Castle and defending Parverhill. Calterburry has 2 battles when you fight with the vanguards, or an automatic sequence that plays when you let the army fight for you. After the battle of Calterburry, you get a story sequence, which is the current end of the war system. In a future update, the battles against Amagal will become available after this event.
On turn 8 of the war test system, and when you make the right choice during the automatic battle at Whitestone Citadel, you get a permanent buff to the strength of your regular army for automatic battles.

I added remakes of full body CGs for: Alcena, Lace, and Lind.
Mira's full body CG in different art styles was changed to the same art style as her newer images.

The title screen music was changed for the Christmas time.

If you like my work, please consider buying the game on Steam, or support me on SubscribeStar:
One of the pledge rewards on SubscribeStar is the preview for full body CGs of Ryen's future children. The most recently posted CG is the future daughter of Mai.

Since 2023 is getting to it's end, here are my "New Year's resolutions" (or in other words, my plans and priorities for the future game development.)
A focus point for 2024 will be to finish the time skip events, so that I can hopefully end the main story in the post-time skip phase in 2025.
There will still be a lot of unfinished and missing content after the story is done, to keep me busy for some more years, but I feel like it's important to get the main story done.
The major part for the time skip events will be to finish the war with Begus, then with Amagal, and then the events of the war with Dorgania.
Another important part of the priority content will be the missing weddings. Brad and multiple side characters are scheduled to get married, and will piece by piece get their events into the game during 2024.
Of course, as before, I'll add some other side content here and there, but the time skip content, main story, and weddings, will be my highest priority.

The remaining part of 2023 will be used to improve the wiki/walkthrough.

Downloads:
MEGA:
Hi-Drive:

[EDIT: I made a quick update to version 23.12.17 for the android apk, as the first upload was missing the change of the quest log to prevent the black text. ]

Last edited:

Tarnum2020

Dec 25, 2019
View attachment 3178697
Update 23.12.16 changes:

When you go to sleep in your bed in the castle, a message will appear and ask you if you want to enter the 2023 Christmas special dream area. The area shows some dream events of the 12 party members, which give them permanent buffs, and you get tokens for the Christmas slot machine.
Be warned. Since the area shows dreams, not everything in it might make sense.
When you leave the area after finishing all 12 events, you'll receive a Riddle Key as bonus reward.

A new event starts when you talk with Lind in the meeting room on the right side of the sleeping chambers in the castle of Aldlyn. It requires her previous CG scenes, and that the marriage system is unlocked to the point where you can pick a wife. It prepares her future wedding by advancing her relationship with Ryen, but the wedding itself isn't part of this update.

In the test version for the war system (which you access via the sparkling book in Ryen's bedroom), you can now fight the battles for Norhall Stronghold, Whitestone Citadel, and Calterburry, after capturing Meddling Castle and defending Parverhill. Calterburry has 2 battles when you fight with the vanguards, or an automatic sequence that plays when you let the army fight for you. After the battle of Calterburry, you get a story sequence, which is the current end of the war system. In a future update, the battles against Amagal will become available after this event.
On turn 8 of the war test system, and when you make the right choice during the automatic battle at Whitestone Citadel, you get a permanent buff to the strength of your regular army for automatic battles.

I added remakes of full body CGs for: Alcena, Lace, and Lind.
Mira's full body CG in different art styles was changed to the same art style as her newer images.

The title screen music was changed for the Christmas time.

If you like my work, please consider buying the game on Steam, or support me on SubscribeStar:
One of the pledge rewards on SubscribeStar is the preview for full body CGs of Ryen's future children. The most recently posted CG is the future daughter of Mai.

Since 2023 is getting to it's end, here are my "New Year's resolutions" (or in other words, my plans and priorities for the future game development.)
A focus point for 2024 will be to finish the time skip events, so that I can hopefully end the main story in the post-time skip phase in 2025.
There will still be a lot of unfinished and missing content after the story is done, to keep me busy for some more years, but I feel like it's important to get the main story done.
The major part for the time skip events will be to finish the war with Begus, then with Amagal, and then the events of the war with Dorgania.
Another important part of the priority content will be the missing weddings. Brad and multiple side characters are scheduled to get married, and will piece by piece get their events into the game during 2024.
Of course, as before, I'll add some other side content here and there, but the time skip content, main story, and weddings, will be my highest priority.

The remaining part of 2023 will be used to improve the wiki/walkthrough.

Downloads:
MEGA: Mega
Hi-Drive:

[EDIT: I made a quick update to version 23.12.17 for the android apk, as the first upload was missing the change of the quest log to prevent the black text. ]
After installing the "Renryuu Ascension 23.12.17 [Android Version].apk" file on new devices on android 9 and 13, I start a new game and see a black screen instead of the description of the quest, what should I do in this situation?

4.10 star(s) 74 Votes