Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

4.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
if you want there are some plugins to take screenshot without Illusion logo with also other interesting things ;)
I know, I used it in my previous version of HSS. But the overlay in the game will take care of the watermark, so I'm not too worried about that.
And other plugins, I have installed quite a few ;)

Reactions: JJsworld

J II D

Aug 22, 2018
Because you asked so nicely (I'm not giving away everything btw) ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Very, very nice: ).

And better that you keep some things for yourself indeed.
Rather have something to discover for myself when playing the game ; )

But damn....
I can't look at this thread to much, every time i feel sad when thinking that i will take months before i can play it ; )

Angstlord

Apr 9, 2019
Hi! I reached here because I played RIA. And it looks like this is similar but, can u release a version for android? It difficult for me to play in a computer, have some kids in house you know... Haha. Thanks!

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Hi! I reached here because I played RIA. And it looks like this is similar but, can u release a version for android? It difficult for me to play in a computer, have some kids in house you know... Haha. Thanks!
RiA and RiC are indeed similar because RiA is based on RiC. @Boomatica was the 1st developer of RiC but was forced to stop working on it and that's when I took over.

I have already been looking into an Android release for RPGMV games and even got a working apk.
But all the animations are lost when releasing for Android. And at higher levels of corruption they are the main part of an event and therefore you are left with a working but unplayable game.
So no Android release as long as I'm using RPGMV for development.

When the game is finished, I'll look into a port to Ren'Py and then an Android release might as well be possible.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I mistook the thread :p
Oooh, a whole hoard of wild guesses of what you don't know was running around in my head.

Now I can work in peace at RiC.
Checking all the apps in the UI where I should enable/disable the HUD, ugh.
Fortunately that's the last bit and then I can concentrate on the new content :)

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I keep my fingers crossed ;)

How much did you implement the new content so far? ;)
Very little :(

A lot of the time I've spend working on RiC was 'research':
- new HSS with some nice outfits and animation possibilities;
- find a new HUD and find out how it works and thinking about how to implement it;
- how do I want to go on about the new beach: Sarah-Shannon events. I wanted a setup that I can use for the office and the school as well.

What is really gone into the game:
- new maps for the beach;
- changed some code in the Sarah and Chloe events so I can continue the events more easily;
- (almost) implemented the new HUD.

Besides that I've made a new outfit for Chloe and created a new (side)character for the school map.
And what I already did some time ago: started the video library.

I also found some bugs that weren't reported or I couldn't fix at the time and I hope to have resolved them now.

Mzzznr

Mar 23, 2019
@DrSmith , i have a question (request) for you for later : do you think you can add a "Gallery" option (Maybe in the main menu for example) to see what "Scene / pictures with the phones etc etc we have discovered and what we have miss during the game ??

because i replay the game again on Gamecore.com after i cleared my cookies and stuff (so i lost my saved) and i realized i missed some stuff last time i played the game so i though , maybe , when you will have time , you could think about that ^^

PS: i will also have to ask the same things to @Boomatica for RiA and Pc , could be usefull there as well ^^

J II D

Aug 22, 2018
@DrSmith , i have a question (request) for you for later : do you think you can add a "Gallery" option (Maybe in the main menu for example) to see what "Scene / pictures with the phones etc etc we have discovered and what we have miss during the game ??

because i replay the game again on Gamecore.com after i cleared my cookies and stuff (so i lost my saved) and i realized i missed some stuff last time i played the game so i though , maybe , when you will have time , you could think about that ^^

PS: i will also have to ask the same things to @Boomatica for RiA and Pc , could be usefull there as well ^^
But aren't you able to access all the scenes very easily either way.
Open cheat menu in-game, edit corruption level....Voila...

I myself make a save every new corruption level for every character so you'll have your own gallery, but the above method works practically the same way.

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017

That would almost be identical to the video library I'm working on.
And considering the amount of work that is, I doubt that I will build something similar for some missed images 'only'.

Reactions: JJsworld and J II D

Mzzznr

Mar 23, 2019
But aren't you able to access all the scenes very easily either way.
Open cheat menu in-game, edit corruption level....Voila...

I myself make a save every new corruption level for every character so you'll have your own gallery, but the above method works practically the same way.
no you misread what i asked , let me explained : during the game you unlock several scenes pictures etc , but you don't know what you have unlocked and what you have missed so with a gallery , you can see what you already saw and watch them again , but you can see some "??" for those you have missed , ;)

here is some example of what i though ;)
gallery 1.png gallery 2.png

xAshard

Sep 6, 2017
Very little :(

A lot of the time I've spend working on RiC was 'research':
- new HSS with some nice outfits and animation possibilities;
- find a new HUD and find out how it works and thinking about how to implement it;
- how do I want to go on about the new beach: Sarah-Shannon events. I wanted a setup that I can use for the office and the school as well.

What is really gone into the game:
- new maps for the beach;
- changed some code in the Sarah and Chloe events so I can continue the events more easily;
- (almost) implemented the new HUD.

Besides that I've made a new outfit for Chloe and created a new (side)character for the school map.
And what I already did some time ago: started the video library.

I also found some bugs that weren't reported or I couldn't fix at the time and I hope to have resolved them now.

You did GREAT thinks. Thank You

Mzzznr

Mar 23, 2019
That would almost be identical to the video library I'm working on.
And considering the amount of work that is, I doubt that I will build something similar for some missed images 'only'.
if you already work on it , it's good , and for those picture/scenes we missed , perhaps can you just add a lock or a hint to let the player know he miss something ^^ but it's not an urgent things , it's just an idea i had in mind and i want to tell you ;)

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
RiA and RiC are indeed similar because RiA is based on RiC. @Boomatica was the 1st developer of RiC but was forced to stop working on it and that's when I took over.

I have already been looking into an Android release for RPGMV games and even got a working apk.
But all the animations are lost when releasing for Android. And at higher levels of corruption they are the main part of an event and therefore you are left with a working but unplayable game.
So no Android release as long as I'm using RPGMV for development.

When the game is finished, I'll look into a port to Ren'Py and then an Android release might as well be possible.
Can't you setup a web version of your game on your website? Then he should be able to play the game from his phones' browser. :)

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Can't you setup a web version of your game on your website? Then he should be able to play the game from his phones' browser. :)
I think there are/is already some/a site where RiC can be played online.
And offering it on my website would cause me troubles (I'm trying to keep a low profile on these sites ;) )

4.00 star(s) 12 Votes