Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

4.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Wow damm i never doubted you oh great drsmith ! Haha i was just wondering how long before i would see it in game :D if i have to wait 2 more updates after this 1 stil not sure if thats correcr then ? its fine i was just wondering cant wait until the preggo sex route some games have preggo endings with them just standing there and have nothing happing :D but i have fait you are gonna do this right ! (Ps i hope that price that has to paid is nothing to bad like the mc getting cucked or something)
Ooohh, nice little Ps :D
Work diligently on your (in game) game and have enough money and all choices will be yours ;)

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
im counting on you lord smith to give use the right choices i believe in you ! anyway 1 more thing how do you make this game what programs i alyways wonderd :D ?
@Boomatica started the game in RPG Maker MV for the coding and Honey Select Studio for the images and animations.
When I had to take over, I had no experience with any game making whatsoever, so I continued to use RPGMV and HSS and that's what I'm still using.
I've seen better engines than RPGMV for this kind of game but that would mean I would have to learn a new engine and port the whole game. That would take quite some time and releases are already very slow.
That's why I think that I should look at a port to (Ren'Py p.e.) another engine when the game's finished.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
i always wonderd how you would use hss to make those vids and pics i find that stuff super cool :D i never could figur out of to make that stuff there isnt mutch info online that i found :D
In Honey Select Studio you create a scene and press F11 for a snapshot. Files are stored in \Honey Select\UserData\Cap

Animations are more work: create the scene in Studio and use a screen recording tool (most video driver packages have one included but I use FRAPS) to record the whole scene, next scene and next scene until you think you are ready. The recorded files are then imported in a video editting tool and cut and put together. In case of RiC I also have to add an overlay because of the one used in the game.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
tnx for the info but what about the charachter models ? how do you have those specail ones for this game for example ?
Character cards you create yourself.
In Honey Select there's an option 'Character maker'. This starts out with a default character that you can adjust to your own liking. And there are multiple plugins and mods out there to add extra skins, hair, clothing.

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Wow damm i never doubted you oh great drsmith ! Haha i was just wondering how long before i would see it in game :D if i have to wait 2 more updates after this 1 stil not sure if thats correcr then ?
Shannon, Effie, Twins, Mother, Sister..
Twins no content at all at this stage(if i'm correct, haven't played it since the last update).

@DrSmith i believe you said that after this update you will go back to Shannon and Effie.
So i am curious about your plans after that, because t.b.h ... I'd like to see the twins come to life at some stage as well : )

And even without the twins, i don't think you should expect pregnancy before the end of 2020 or 2021.
Like Drsmith said, he is doing this all in his free time so progress is "slow" ..

Not complaining, not at all : ).
In my PM'S with you on my previous account you gave me more then enough confidence about your vision for the future of this game.
So you have this fan in your corner no matter what (Well, as long as there are no other men^^)

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Shannon, Effie, Twins, Mother, Sister..
Twins no content at all at this stage(if i'm correct, haven't played it since the last update).

@DrSmith i believe you said that after this update you will go back to Shannon and Effie.
So i am curious about your plans after that, because t.b.h ... I'd like to see the twins come to life at some stage as well : )

And even without the twins, i don't think you should expect pregnancy before the end of 2020 or 2021.
Like Drsmith said, he is doing this all in his free time so progress is "slow" ..

Not complaining, not at all : ).
In my PM'S with you on my previous account you gave me more then enough confidence about your vision for the future of this game.
So you have this fan in your corner no matter what (Well, as long as there are no other men^^)
The problem with the twins is that I'm drawing a complete blank with them. I know we talked about some possibilities for them but none have really gotten a hold on me.
I hope that in the next release (when I'm going for Shannon and Effie again) some things pop up. I sense a story line there but I will have to see if I can get it any clearer and get it to intertwine with the Shannon/Effie plot I've come up with.

Only plans for the Twins that exist now are a 'guest' appearance on the new beach environment. So at least some new content will be there for them when the coming release is finished.

mochamas23

Apr 5, 2019

<Overview>
This is a Modded RPGMV Game to simulate a type of Visual Novel Exploration Corruption game.
Note : This is not your ordinary RPG Maker Game!
You need to corrupt the people around you to help you with your new line of work.

<Gameplay>
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Updated: 08/10/2018
Developer/Publisher: DrSmith shares discord servers with Boomatica.
Censorship: None
Version: 0.6.5 Bugfix
Language: English
Genre:

Cheat Menu Location:

Changelog:

Saves from v0.6.0 will probably work but a new game is recommended.

Downloads:
PC HQ:
- - -
Mac HQ: - -

PC Crunched: - - - -
Mac Crunched: - - - -

"Loading Error Package.json" fix
here

View attachment 5847 View attachment 4954 View attachment 4953 View attachment 4952 View attachment 4951
does not come out the android version????

Reactions: JJsworld

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
i just a suggestion add voice in game good i thing.
That could have been nice if it were there from the start. New animations with sound will now seem somewhat strange and adding substantial to the size of the game.
Adding sound to the older animations is not possible, I don't have all the scenes anymore to recreate them with sound added.

On a developing note: I have finally finished going through all the code to get the new HUD in place and fixed some bugs in the process. Ugh, what a tedious job that was.

Now starting to work on the morning yoga event for Sarah.
I plan to extend the existing events first and then start working on the new maps, because they will need the most attention (more events, more characters). And I think I can do a better job having already done some events for the characters that are new for me. From a developers point of view that is ;)

In the mean time something has come my way that will certainly affect the amount of time I can spend on RiC. But I'll have to see if it will affect my productiveness as well and how long this new situation will last. When I have a better insight I'll inform you all.

And for your patience:

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
That could have been nice if it were there from the start. New animations with sound will now seem somewhat strange and adding substantial to the size of the game.
Adding sound to the older animations is not possible, I don't have all the scenes anymore to recreate them with sound added.

On a developing note: I have finally finished going through all the code to get the new HUD in place and fixed some bugs in the process. Ugh, what a tedious job that was.

Now starting to work on the morning yoga event for Sarah.
I plan to extend the existing events first and then start working on the new maps, because they will need the most attention (more events, more characters). And I think I can do a better job having already done some events for the characters that are new for me. From a developers point of view that is ;)

In the mean time something has come my way that will certainly affect the amount of time I can spend on RiC. But I'll have to see if it will affect my productiveness as well and how long this new situation will last. When I have a better insight I'll inform you all.

And for your patience:
That sounds like it is time for you to gather allies, to help your noble cause!!

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
That sounds like it is time for you to gather allies, to help your noble cause!!
That's a nice way of thinking ;) And you are not the only one, others have also offered to help.

But alas, RPGMV is not very kind to efforts to split up the workload. The whole game is in 1 project file with all the dialogue included. There's no way to implement some external text :(
And thus it would be transferring the project file from one person to another and each person has to wait for the other to return it before he can start working on it again and not knowing what precisely has been added or changed.

It would also mean quite some time is needed to get into the mechanics of RiC because it 'abuses' RPGMV to create a kind of game that would otherwise be developed with a Ren'Py engine.

But posts (or PM's) like yours are the inspiration to keep going on :)

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
That's a nice way of thinking ;) And you are not the only one, others have also offered to help.

But alas, RPGMV is not very kind to efforts to split up the workload. The whole game is in 1 project file with all the dialogue included. There's no way to implement some external text :(
And thus it would be transferring the project file from one person to another and each person has to wait for the other to return it before he can start working on it again and not knowing what precisely has been added or changed.

It would also mean quite some time is needed to get into the mechanics of RiC because it 'abuses' RPGMV to create a kind of game that would otherwise be developed with a Ren'Py engine.

But posts (or PM's) like yours are the inspiration to keep going on :)
Have you ever tried git? git is your friend when it comes to this, plus you have version control when you do the mandatory royal fuckup!
That way all who helps have access to everything, and git manages the versions and merges codes from the contributes, it is really sophisticated and meant for exactly the type of project you are working on :)

You can of course choose what to put on git and all of that, the power of choice is entirely yours.

EDIT: A very important piece of advice, don't version control the art with git, only the code. Code doesn't take up much space, so it can easily be backed up by multiple copies, pictures on the other hand, that space is going to matter!

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Have you ever tried git? git is your friend when it comes to this, plus you have version control when you do the mandatory royal fuckup!
That way all who helps have access to everything, and git manages the versions and merges codes from the contributes, it is really sophisticated and meant for exactly the type of project you are working on :)

You can of course choose what to put on git and all of that, the power of choice is entirely yours.
Never looked at GIT but I am known with version managing.
But all the code and dialogue are in 1 file. This still would mean that if one person has taken up the source and is working on it, others will have to wait because when they don't, the changes from the 1st person will be omitted.
The way it works with RPGMV is: I make a copy of the previous release, rename it to the new version and start working. In this case I made a copy of 0.6.5, renamed it to 0.6.6 and started working (let's call this version A). If another person wants to help me, he would have to do the same and start working on version 0.6.6B.
Once we're finished, we have 2 different versions (A and B) with no way of combining them into a final version 0.6.6.
There's just no way to merge different sources or modules together to a new source in RPGMV :( If it were a modular tool and/or it would have inherent version control, GIT could have been a solution.

And others would need to have or buy a legal version of RPGMV is also a prerequisite.

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
Never looked at GIT but I am known with version managing.
But all the code and dialogue are in 1 file. This still would mean that if one person has taken up the source and is working on it, others will have to wait because when they don't, the changes from the 1st person will be omitted.
The way it works with RPGMV is: I make a copy of the previous release, rename it to the new version and start working. In this case I made a copy of 0.6.5, renamed it to 0.6.6 and started working (let's call this version A). If another person wants to help me, he would have to do the same and start working on version 0.6.6B.
Once we're finished, we have 2 different versions (A and B) with no way of combining them into a final version 0.6.6.
There's just no way to merge different sources or modules together to a new source in RPGMV :( If it were a modular tool and/or it would have inherent version control, GIT could have been a solution.

And others would need to have or buy a legal version of RPGMV is also a prerequisite.
That is where git is brilliant, even though it is one file, it can figure out where to insert and delete lines of code within the same file, even though others work on it :p

Of course it's not guarantied nothing will go wrong, but I think you will quickly realise how useful it is. Even though it's not guarantied it's implemented quite powerfully, so I doubt you will run into big problems with that. And well, they need to have a legal version of RPGM MV engine, but that is the same no matter what.

Angora Kitty

Sep 20, 2018
About the Versions 065 and olders on download-platforms (including this place) often I read those tags like 'Impregnation, Milking'
Is it possible? Maybe Im not gamer, that is good enough for opening this contents?
As good I know, pregnancy is NO current content...

Reactions: Neogeta

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
Was this game abandoned? The first page reads, there were no updates since Oct. 2018. And the patreon page of the dev doesn't mention this game, but "research into affection" instead of RIC and another generic 3d render model game.
--------------------------------------------
sorry, just read the first page, when I typed this. Now I'm better informed . Great, that this game wasn't abandoned. It's really cool so far. Looking forward to the next update.

Reactions: smokeroom

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
About the Versions 065 and olders on download-platforms (including this place) often I read those tags like 'Impregnation, Milking'
Is it possible? Maybe Im not gamer, that is good enough for opening this contents?
As good I know, pregnancy is NO current content...
Indeed, there's no pregnancy or lactating in this game yet. I'm working towards an option for that.

Was this game abandoned? The first page reads, there were no updates since Oct. 2018. And the patreon page of the dev doesn't mention this game, but research into affection instead and another generec 3d render model game.
--------------------------------------------
sorry, just read the first page, when I typed this. Now I'm better informed . Great, that this game wasn't abandoned. It's really cool so far. Looking forward to the next update.
With updates that slow it almost feels like it's abandoned but updates will still come. I intend to finish this game, even if it takes me years to do.

4.00 star(s) 12 Votes