Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
Reactions: Angora Kitty

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Man, such a shame, this thing is so good even as it is right now, but with so much potential yet. I wish I knew how to do that stuff to finish porting it. I hope you find someone reliable to do it finally.

Reactions: Knight2416

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
If only RPGM wasnt Ruby/Renpy wasnt python, it would be a lot easier to find someone that knew how to port it without it being so complicated.
Its not just the language, they're entirely different architectures. RenPy is for creating visual novels, execution is serial and is only really intended forf displaying dialogue, images and playing sounds / music. RPG Maker is for creating top-down RPGs, execution is parallel (multiple characters can perform different actions on-screen at the same time) and has combat, inventory, character progression and maps built-in.

Reactions: HB38

seronis

May 9, 2022
Whats the difference between the crunched and hq?
If you're younger than 25 then the crunched version has a 1-5% reduction in image quality but you only use 10-30% of the bandwidth

If you're older than 25 your eyes already include image reduction of this level so there is no visual difference and you save tons of bandwidth.

TLDR: always get crunched version no matter what

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Bruh, I know about Sweet Affection, but I don't give two shit about it. What I would like is this one being worked on.
This was a remake of a game restarted by its original creator multiple times. I used to chat with Boomatica often about this game from its original version. I may even still have a copy of V1 somewhere. The game took a turn when the use of cameras to create income of secrets within a family was lost as the primary focus. It went from a manipulation to a romance and lost all meaning. Since it never passed the point of Boom's last effort before he consented to Dr Smith taking over we may not know how much input he has in that or this version, unless we ask directly.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
This was a remake of a game restarted by its original creator multiple times. I used to chat with Boomatica often about this game from its original version. I may even still have a copy of V1 somewhere. The game took a turn when the use of cameras to create income of secrets within a family was lost as the primary focus. It went from a manipulation to a romance and lost all meaning. Since it never passed the point of Boom's last effort before he consented to Dr Smith taking over we may not know how much input he has in that or this version, unless we ask directly.
I never played anything previous to the game in the first post. If you find that version of the original, I'd be thankful if you posted it.
It's a shame the current state of Sweet Affection, I don't know what got the dev to basically give the idea of the game a 180 and make it suck a sickeningly cheesy and wordy remake.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
That was Sublimminal Corruption and I was tester for Boomatica until he had to give it up under pressure of Patreon. I talked to him about the game but it was all his content.
After I took over, I tackled the lack of development of some other characters and did some restructuring of the code.
After finishing my 1st release, I was asked by Boomatica to also work on RiA (Zoe, now maybe long forgotten, is the character I created). The pressure of working on both RiC and RiA was building and when I got diagnosed with a terminal illness, I got in a heavy burn-out resulting in me dropping out of the RiA team (that I really badly handled). After some time I contacted Boomatica, still not able to continue to work on RiC and he was ok of me handing over the game to someone new.
I never played anything previous to the game in the first post. If you find that version of the original, I'd be thankful if you posted it.
It's a shame the current state of Sweet Affection, I don't know what got the dev to basically give the idea of the game a 180 and make it suck a sickeningly cheesy and wordy remake.
The 1st game is Sublimminal Corrution, I had the last version but after reoginizing my PC it seems to have gone. Otherwise I would have put up a Mega-link. But maybe, now you know the name, you can find something for yourself.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
That was Sublimminal Corruption and I was tester for Boomatica until he had to give it up under pressure of Patreon. I talked to him about the game but it was all his content.
After I took over, I tackled the lack of development of some other characters and did some restructuring of the code.
After finishing my 1st release, I was asked by Boomatica to also work on RiA (Zoe, now maybe long forgotten, is the character I created). The pressure of working on both RiC and RiA was building and when I got diagnosed with a terminal illness, I got in a heavy burn-out resulting in me dropping out of the RiA team (that I really badly handled). After some time I contacted Boomatica, still not able to continue to work on RiC and he was ok of me handing over the game to someone new.

The 1st game is Sublimminal Corrution, I had the last version but after reoginizing my PC it seems to have gone. Otherwise I would have put up a Mega-link. But maybe, now you know the name, you can find something for yourself.
Hey, thanks for the answer, I'll try to search that game around to see if there's something. And I remember about your illness from the time I found about this game and investigated a little bit about it. Man, I guess saying "I hope you get better" would be dumb and hypocritital, so all I can say is that I hope you're dealing with it fine. And good luck, if that's worth something.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Hey, thanks for the answer, I'll try to search that game around to see if there's something. And I remember about your illness from the time I found about this game and investigated a little bit about it. Man, I guess saying "I hope you get better" would be dumb and hypocritital, so all I can say is that I hope you're dealing with it fine. And good luck, if that's worth something.
Thanks!
I can use all the luck I can get ;) Just accepting the worsening condition and still getting the most out of life is my motto now.
A year, 2 years top to go..

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Hey doc, how are you doing now? Hopefully things got somewhat better for you!
Edit: nvm that question. Read your previous reply. All the best is all I can say.
Unfortunately still getting worse. Less and less things I still can do, so now more attention on boardgames with friends to keep the passing time as full of fun as possible.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes