Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
There are so many games now that use Honey Select art and they all sort of blur together but this is by far my favorite. I feel like the progression is a perfect balance. Its not zero to fucking in 5 minutes but you also don't have to spend hours grinding away stats.
Yes it is a good game but has some story plots holes like you can screw sister before you finish sex-ed with her acting like she never did any thing other than putting a finger in.

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
I am getting errors on the part for the file 7AM M Boob-Job.webm. Anyone have a non corrupted file?
It may have happened due to the dev splitting the content. If you take a look into the 2 parts you downloaded, in one of them you got that file which has a 'normal' size of some mbs (about 27 mbs?) if you unpack it, in the other it has a size of zero mbs if you unpack it (and you may get an error message while trying).
Use the .webm from the archive where it has the normal size, NOT the zero mb one. Think the right one is located in 'part 1' archive. Copy it to the /www/movies/... dir of the game and you're fine. ;)

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Is there a mac version for .55d?
Sadly no (not yet?). You can try running it in a VM or using the 'Windows partition' option of your Mac if you got one.
There is no native support for RPGM games on the OS X platform other than for those using RPG Maker MV. :(

Edit: was wrong, there is one RPGM variant that works with OS X.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
It may have happened due to the dev splitting the content. If you take a look into the 2 parts you downloaded, in one of them you got that file which has a 'normal' size of some mbs (about 27 mbs?) if you unpack it, in the other it has a size of zero mbs if you unpack it (and you may get an error message while trying).
Use the .webm from the archive where it has the normal size, NOT the zero mb one. Think the right one is located in 'part 1' archive. Copy it to the /www/movies/... dir of the game and you're fine. ;)
Both part 1 and part 2 need to be put in a folder and then double click on part 1 and it will unpack both parts to fix the problem.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
I can't ever get text messages scenes to work...I have over 300 cp with the mom and sister. also i'm coming from an older version of the game.
I've got the same problem. At 07AM it's too early and at 23PM it's too late! And nothing during the day.
Thanks for your help.
Text messages work perfectly in this build as far as I'm aware of.
This build has all messages for every hour at every level of corruption up to 300+ Messages in it.
As for the " it's too early and it's too late! " .... Well kinda answers the question right there... It's to early to text them or it's too late to text them :/

I am getting errors on the part for the file 7AM M Boob-Job.webm. Anyone have a non corrupted file?
part 1 says there no files to unzip
i think that work i'm trying it out now
Everyone having issues extracting.... My guess is you're using 7Zip or something ?
Download the latest version of " It's free ".
Make sure both files are in the same folder and extract 1 of the files, Win-Rar will automatically extract them both.

Reactions: Cirro84

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
All I'm getting is Mom doing yoga, no sex scenes. Am I missing something?
She has to be doing naked yoga so that means over 300 should do it but do not cheat it up or you can break your game.

mandrakemg

Aug 20, 2016
Is there a mac version for .55d?
A separate Mac version should not be necessary, at least for RiC. With certain RPGMaker games, you can simply unpack the game, ignore the Game.exe and go into the /www folder, and load the index.html with a web browser like Firefox (just drag the file into a blank tab/window). The game will play in the browser without any further installation.

(Dev aside: It appears that the entire RPGm engine is generated/run via JavaScript. A lot of the files are placeholders, and aren't always used by the game's author. For example, there is an entire /www/audio folder of background music, audio FX, etc in .OGG format that probably never gets played. Removing those would save over 100MB in the game's size. Same for many of the stock RPGm images under /www/img, minus the custom renders in /pictures, which take up another 80MB. Would need some testing to make sure the startup scripts don't verify they're there, but the vast majority of the sprites, sounds, backgrounds, etc are pre-made for generic dungeon environments that don't appear in the game itself.)

Reactions: Cirro84

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I downloaded parts 1 and 2 from the mega links then opened part 1 with 7zip. No issue with it except it said "length longer than reported" with part 1 but it still extracted correctly. Then I ran the game and had no errors at all. I started a new save and began with corruption almost immediately.
At first, take the toilet paper the hour before they go to the bathroom in the morning and work on the patreon page. When they return, focus on one girl for the night or alternate. Then next morning, walk in on them in the bathroom or the bedrooms and when they're at work/school, just focus on patreon. At night, focus on one girl or alternate. As for the cellphone, text them when they are at work, school, bathing, watching tv, in the bedroom or the bathroom to get several different photos. I'm saying anywhere from 0900 to 2200. The clue to corruption changes are in the viewer. In this version, it will also trigger cut scenes when you raise their level of corruption. I got both to 300+ without cheats and had no errors at all.
Great job with this update, @Boomatica

maisbordeldemerde

La rabia del pueblo
Donor
Dec 19, 2016
Well I basically use the cheats to manipulate & reduce the corruption points to check out the new scenes/pictures available in each new update (I was 300+ CP with both the mom & sis) but I cant get the event to pop up in mom's bedroom at 7:00am (shes only doing her naked yoga workout)
Do I have to start all over from scratch?

R

RWaites

Well I basically use the cheats to manipulate & reduce the corruption points to check out the new scenes/pictures available in each new update (I was 300+ CP with both the mom & sis) but I cant get the event to pop up in mom's bedroom at 7:00am (shes only doing her naked yoga workout)
Boom. said save's have not been tested so might be glitchy, so probably better to start fresh.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Not everything is CP related, there are some events that, once they've happened, never occur anymore even if you lower CP.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Yes, start from 0 end use the cheat to move form one corruption level to another.When you at a new level check all the events to see the new stuffs. After a couple of days move to the next levels.

Reactions: maisbordeldemerde
3.90 star(s) 13 Votes